** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wanted !! tricast/trifecta staking plan.

Re: Wanted !! tricast/trifecta staking plan.

At the last minute I removed the winner from my perm. Doh :$
I missed too , had the 2nd and 3rd , had the winner to come 2nd or 3rd , made my perm a little cheaper but it cost me a return .Not bad dividend considering the favorite won.

anyone know which race the rollover is this week?
I had a family day out so couldn't bet to put any bets on so I didn't enquire about which was the roll over race. I had a look on RP.com and the paper edition and it did not say which it was. It was most likely the Victoria Cup , the feature TV race at Ascot today. It had a pool of 33K whereas the others had 2K or less. 3 Fancied horses came 1/2/3 and it paid £2335 outperforming the tricasts £894 as usual. I emailed the RP this week asking why they don't pass on the trifecta roll over information each Saturday like they would with the Jackpot/Scoop 6 roll overs but got no reply. Presumably the journalists there want to prevent the public from knowing. I emailed the Tote and Betfred asking the same question and all they say is check Totesport.com on the morning , which is very hard to locate . If I anticipate I am going to tackle the roll over I will send an email to Totesport late Friday afternoon and ask which race and how much is the current roll over total.They ususally reply within 2 hours.

Re: Wanted !! tricast/trifecta staking plan. The Racing Post have replied to my email after nearly 2 weeks , and the reason why they don't publish any details about the Trifecta roll over race is that the details of the roll over may be dependant on the evening meeting on Fridays. Not sure wether that is true or the genuine reason because up to about 6 years ago the information was always in the Racing Post each saturday.

Re: Wanted !! tricast/trifecta staking plan. I don't know why the Tote don't promote the Trifecta .At last nights Bath meeting , the bet was available on all races the biggest pot was £512 and smallest pot £148 !!! Not surprisingly most of that money was not won so will be up for grabs on saturday. Yesterdays York meeting was a killer too with a lot of outsiders getting in the frame , meaning plenty of rolled over money.

had a go again this week and only had the first 2 in my perm but still got a return of £9 for my 10p stakes' date=' don't know what that was for.[/quote'] Unlucky for hitting the crossbar again , even though you were unlucky again I hope you can appreciate the massive value in this bet , also how relatively easy it is to get this bet up. Again 3 fancied horses came 1/2/3 which is not what we want but it was still 2 and a half times better than the tricast dividend. The £9 return may be a refund for any non runners you included.

Re: Wanted !! tricast/trifecta staking plan. Kicking myself for not making time to put a bet on, as its the type of result I hope to see ie. the favorite or 2nd fav getting in the frame. £20K dividend compared to £5K tricast , even at 10p thats £2000 !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Wanted !! tricast/trifecta staking plan. I now have a complete solution which is quite complex but allows many variations. Let: A = number of horses that can finish 1st B = number of horses that can finish 2nd C = number of horses that can finish 3rd D = number of horses that can finish 1st, or 2nd E = number of horses that can finish 1st, or 3rd F = number of horses that can finish 2nd, or 3rd G = number of horses that can finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Then: N = (A+D+E+G)*(B+D+F+G)*(C+E+F+G) - (A+D+E+G)*(F+G) - (B+D+F+G)*(E+G) - (C+E+F+G)*(D+G) + 2*G which is pretty awkward, but gets simpler if we define a few convenience variables: X = A + D + E + G Y = B + D + F + G Z = C + E + F + G (ie, X Y and Z represent the total number of horses that can possibly finish in 1st/2nd/3rd respectively) and then: N = X*Y*Z - X*(F+G) - Y*(E+G) - Z*(D+G) + 2*G There you have it......finally......enjoy.......

Re: Wanted !! tricast/trifecta staking plan. Its less than 24 hrs away , probably one of the best value bets of the year. The Tote Trifecta roll over. Its very likely going to be the Wokingham like it has been 9 times out of the last 10 . Also theres every chance its going to be the biggest Trifecta pool of the entire 2012 Flat season , get on . Over £50K added to prizepool !! Minimum unit stake 10p !!

Re: Wanted !! tricast/trifecta staking plan. covering all 28 runners will be 19656 or £1,965.60 to 10p stakes. That would be unrealistic and very likely to make a loss if fancied horses got placed. If you had 14 runners out of the 28 (half the field ) it would have been 2184 , £218.40 to 10p , you would have returned £4,625

If you had 14 runners out of the 28 (half the field ) it would have been 2184 , £218.40 to 10p , you would have returned £4,625
I believe that should read "If you had got it up" However you have asked for a tricast/triflecta staking plan, there is one in this weeks RFO. It covers 10 selections in 10 lines, each line has 4 selections which are fully covered in 24 combinations. This reduces the full cover for 10 selections down to 240 from 720, in other words if you get the 3 placed horses in the 10 it's 2/1 that they will line up. [TABLE=width: 330] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, width: 40, bgcolor: transparent] 1 [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, width: 40, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, width: 40, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, width: 40, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, width: 40, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, width: 40, bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, width: 40, bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, width: 40, bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, width: 40, bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, width: 40, bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=width: 40, bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] 10 [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent] X [/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [TD=bgcolor: transparent][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Re: Wanted !! tricast/trifecta staking plan. Obviously not a personal betting thread , just wish to highlight to others aruagbly one of the weeks best value bets. £12,241 added to todays York 3.45 trifecta pool. You'll find it very hard to find any information anywhere !!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

£ 43K rolled over into trifecta pool. The bet the Racing Post and

Tote
have kept quiet about for many years. The only trifecta bet of the week the professionals smash into. Surprisingly not the 40 runner Grand National, but the race before, much much easier at 18 runners. For those who are not familiar with the bet you have to pick the first 3 in the correct order . Won't cost much this week. GL