BBOTD Sunday 13th March

cpo

4.05 Warwick Trigger the light 7/1 William Hill This one is a bit of a dodgy jumper but if getting his act together, should run well here. His course record reads 1-1-2, with the second coming in this race last year off 2lb higher. That was by far his best performance of last season and with a recent pipe opener he should be ready for this.. Will handle the ground and is guaranteed to stay unlike a few of these. King stable starting to hit a bit of form now so hopefully this horse will go well here.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 16.55 Market Rasen Ballybriggan - 1 pt win @ SP Ballybriggan is a clase above hes rivals and normally has a great run although beaten favourite last time this ground and track will be in hes favor and will be very hard to beat here and should be back in the winning trend

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March Market Rasen: 5:25 - Persian Prince - Will enjoy the trip, ground and is well handicapped including a 7lb claim from the jockey. He is primed to win here and will be the one to beat as far as I'm concerned. 2nd LTO and drops down a class as well. The jockey has a decent record on the horse with 3 placed efforts in his last 3 runs and will be feeling fresher after a run out in January. For me, it is pointing to a win. 14/5 win.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 0.5e/w locksmith 3.35 warwick @sp going to take a chance on 11 year old locksmith to roll back the years and grab a place at a big price,last run was nearly 2 years ago,but has run in some points this year and has been placed in 2,has won over this distance in a class 3 contest in the past(this is class 6) 130 OR rated(rated above bob hall which is forcast @11/10 fav) with sportinglife and 3rd top rated adrian massey rated,sportinglife are predicting a 20/1 shot which sounds like a decent price,small placebet on betfair:hope

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March I love races like the Crudwell Cup at Warwick and I will bet these in the race: 4.05 Warwick Trigger the Light 2 points win Antonius Caesar 1 point win Arturo Uno 1 point win Trigger the Light ran well in this race last year and can do so again. Antonius Caesar loves extreme distances and in particular good ground which he will get here Arturo Uno is only a novice and needs to brush up his jumping taking on the experienced handicappers but he could improve due to better ground and longer trip

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 2:35 - Warwick - Evella - Back Looks a banker here. Very consistent type and with main rival Cool Friend pulled out of the race overnight, it looks to have left this at the mercy of Evella. Pipsacre should come a remote 2nd but will need the run after a lay off. Over 20 length winning margin I reckon 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March

I love races like the Crudwell Cup at Warwick and I will bet these in the race: 4.05 Warwick Trigger the Light 2 points win Antonius Caesar 1 point win Arturo Uno 1 point win Trigger the Light ran well in this race last year and can do so again. Antonius Caesar loves extreme distances and in particular good ground which he will get here Arturo Uno is only a novice and needs to brush up his jumping taking on the experienced handicappers but he could improve due to better ground and longer trip
This thread is specifically for the Bet Of The Day competition so you can only have 1 selection. I'll copy your post into the jumps racing thread for today. If you want to join the Bet Of The Day you can nominate one of the above horses but need to include odds and bookie or SP. Cheers. :ok

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 3.20 Market Rasen Maurisca was badly hampered in a better race lto and lost many lengths. Still managed to get back into the race but it probably cost him any chance of winning. Down in grade and over a slightly longer distance he should gain compensation here. Stable going really well and will appreciate the better ground. 1 Pt win 11/4 Skybet

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 4.05 Warwick Sweden win @ 9/2 Stan James Winner of a maiden chase at Wetherby on his debut for the Williams yard. Winner last time out at Ffos las when running in handicapped companyfor the first time. Goes up 10lbs for that run but with more improvement to come looks capable of taking this.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 16.10 Navan - Cane Brake .5pts ew 33/1 Hills Turned out quickly after veterans chase, back over hurdles so will be interesting to see how this one goes today. Massive price and facied LTO. Going should suit and if getting a bit of luck might be able to be in the frame. Figures for hurdles and soft going reads 213426

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March Antonius Ceasar - Warwick 4.05 - 12-1 Coral 14lb below highest ever winning mark, likes to go from the front and could run them into the ground if given an easy lead today. Has won recently and now 9lb above that mark but we know it has the ability and although it has had lots of racing it is only 8 years old. 7lb claimer on board has won on it before. Some of the rivals don't seem to know how to win, 12-1 a decent price.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 4-10 navan notre pere win if this horse run to its best after a change of stables [big if] his handicap mark of 129,would give him an outstanding chance and at 10/1 @w/hill im going to give him a chance hes a former welsh national winner and hes also won the punchestown gold cup in 09 he could outclass this lot

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 4.05 Warwick: Arturo Uno 1pt win @ 5/1 Coral BOG Yet to win over any kind of obstacle but think this horse has a great chance in this today. Step up in trip could bring about improvement, stable have terrific record at this venue and this there only runner across the cards today. Ground conditions to suit - could take some beating from a mark the horse can go close from.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 305 War: Just Benny EW (10/1 PP) Steps up to 3m here and looks like it will suit, stayed on well behind Whoops A Daisy over 2m4f last time and this race lacks depth outside the front two. 10/1 looks a fair price EW and if the extra trip does the trick he may get amongst the fancied ones.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 4.05 Warwick - Fine by me 1/2pt ew 8/1 Ladbrokes Won this last year and 2008 also and only 4lb higher today than last success in this race which is also its last win in all races. Last year had 5 runs leading up to this incl a course win but this year hasn't been the best for the horse as jumping mistakes have lead to it being pulled up on last 3 starts over 3m1, 3m2 and latest was over todays distance of 3m6f. When racing within 2f of this trip (28f-32f) its record reads 1444f- 2441- 1PP- so is generally quite consistent and handles the good ground forecast but also if it were to get softer. Regular pilot Gerard Tumelty back on board today after missing last two and hope this Is the race the trainer Julian Smith has been targeting for the horse all season

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 4.10 Navan Square Sphere 8/1 Ladbrokes This one is quite lightly raced for an 8 year old and won well last time out at Punchestown over 3m. That was a very competitive field just as this one is today but he won well that day and there could be more improvement to come. Returned from over 400 days off the track 2 outings ago where he finished 15th and then stepped up on that with a win LTO. His rise in the weights is offset by his 7lb claimer on board today. The horse will handle the heavy ground as he has won it before and has a good record of 3 from 8 over hurdles. The favourite was given a terrible ride last time out and has been hit with a massive rise in the weights which I think will be too much for him today. Pretty open race and I like the chances of square sphere to progress again. The other one i liked in the race was lascalahall. Will probs back both in the race

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March Still not had a winner on this for March, its tough. Ok Ok Sunday. I' ll have a wee stab at Trainer Michael O'Hare's in the last at Naven, a Pro's & Amut race with some pretty good prize money for a bumper. Its first time on the track for the 6yr old gelding ''out of Accordion'' I've read wee bits and piece's on this 6yr old and he should run a good race, if not a winner today he's worth a wee note for the future. He has a wee entry for Down Royal on Thursday the 17th and even though Cheltenham is on i'll still have one good eye on this fellow. Naven 5:45 BUSTER CRAVEN 1pt win @ 5/1 Bet365 Even Charlie Sheen is on him, cos he's winning.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 3:35 Silly Wupple @ Warwick - Not ran in over a year but has since changed stables.Now off its lowest ever mark of 93 and todays jockey also claims 7lb amnd can go close if its jumping has improved 0.5pts E/W @ 33/1 Ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 4.35 Warwick - Bantry Bere 1pt win sp Won a similar contest two outings over 1f less and although was only finisher , was already clear of 2nd & 3rd. Last time out also In a hunters chase was dropped to 2m4f and did well to finish only 20L behind Bob Hall as made mistakes with its jumping but plugged on regardless. Tougher test of stamina today wil play more into its hands , only concern Is the year off track but has run well fresh In past. Jockey only one with a winner last two weeks in race and this could be another

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 4:05 Warwick - JUSTABOUT @ 9/1 e-w Hills Dissapointing lto and if you forget that run he looks to have a decent chance here on previous form, ground will suit and trainers horses are running well. Has had a short break of 73 days to freshen him up.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March 5.10 Warwick - 1pt win Jeanry @ 9/1 (Hills) This horse, infamously threw away victory to Monsieur under the riding of young jockey Timmons, but still has shown consistent form in weak hurdle races. This race is no different, and its latest run doesn't look too bad at all. The winner, Salpierre, won again and then ran 3rd in a Grade 2 behind Mr Moonshine. The third ran a 6l 3rd in a Grade 3 hurdle since also. Jeanry was only beaten 7 1/2 lengths. Had a little break but won on its seasonal reappearance so not too much of a concern and has the form in the book to go close here, even off a relatively high mark. Looks pretty straight forward to have gone well for a conditional jockey before so this type of race may suit it, and can go well.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March W4.05 Justabout 1pt Win 8/1 Paddy Power This horse needs good ground and a marathon trip to be seen at its best and it gets that today. No problems with the handicap mark, the trainers form is good and the jockey has ridden the horse to good effect in the past. The horse has also run well after a little break in the past so it might be freshened up and spot on for today.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March

4.45pm @ Navan 'Healys Bar' 12/1 (ladbrokes) Horse has been keeping better company than today's field chasing and certainly hurdling in the past and has never let himself down. Of the 2 at the head of the betting, Ad Idem doesn't look like crying out for the step up in trip and Hidden Craic had form let down yesterday by Quarryvale, so at the prices on offer, I have to be with this chap, who if runs anywhere near hurdles form, would hack up. NAP

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March Always Bold 4.25 Market Rasen. 0.5 points each way. The visor on for the first time is the key to this race for me, as he has the form to get involved and the visor can give him that extra edge needed. The trip and ground's fine and he drops to a mark of 115 for this, so if the visor works then I feel a big run is on the cards. I'll take the 10s with Coral.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th March POSH BIRD 4.45 Navan. 0.5 points each way. Done little wrong, and although might be a bit of a thinker in a battle, I think this race can see her go close. Gets in off a mark of 109 and likes the trip and ground, so with that and being quite consistent, looks well worth a go. Taking the 10/1 with Stan James for competition purposes.