UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Lyon at @9.00?Is it a joke?This is a team that Real never beat before.I think none of the teams in CL should be priced so high,specialy at this stage.Lyon picked up good form lately and looking good.I think Real will strugle here.I also think that price market is incorrect and i'm more then happy to take Lyon +1.5AH @1.75 :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March

Lyon at @9.00?Is it a joke?This is a team that Real never beat before.I think none of the teams in CL should be priced so high' date='specialy at this stage.Lyon picked up good form lately and looking good.I think Real will strugle here.I also think that price market is incorrect and i'm more then happy to take [b']Lyon +1.5AH @1.75 :ok
Same one for me :cheers

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Copenhahan on the handicap interests me here, Chelsea look a little short considering they are 2-0 up from the first leg and only have to see the tie out. Copenhagan may go for it but Chelsea have a solid unit and I can't see them causing much trouble, I can see a low scoring game, 0-0 or 1-0 Chelsea is my gut feeling. Team news will be crucial though. Purely for value though I'll take Copenhagan +1.5 AH @ 1.97 with Betfair.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Real Madrid looks a cert for me. Real do have a bad record against Lyon but this is a different Real Madrid, a different team and a different coach. They did dominate the first leg and they have an unbelievable record at home this season. Key players rested over the weekend and Ronaldo back. I imagine Benzeman will start this match, Adebayor just doesn't fit in the team for me, he doesn't suit there style of play, hasn't got that 1 touch swagger that they play with. I say 2-0 but im just going for a straight win doubled with something else

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Real Madrid - Lyon under 2.5 @ 2.21 pinnacle Real have the important away goal so they will be looking not to concede a goal themselves. Apart from the 1-1 draw with Lyon in the first leg, their only other goal they have allowed was the 2-2 draw at AC Milan, so they kept a clean sheet in the other 5 group games, including all 3 home games in the CL this season. Lyon showed in the first leg that they can make things difficult for Real and they seem to enjoy playing them, given that they have had 3 draws with them at the Bernabeau, with 5 of their last 6 meetings staying under. Like this to be a low scoring game with chances few and far between Chelsea - Copenhagen under 2.5 @ 2.28 pinnacle Having outclassed Copenhagen 2-0 on the road, doubt that Chelsea will have too many problems in progressing to the next round from here, gven that they have started to pick up some form of late. They have an important game on the weekend with Man City, so there may some players rested for this game with the weekend's game in mind, as they will believe that Copenhagen does not posses the quality to get passed them in this tie.

Lyon at @9.00?Is it a joke?This is a team that Real never beat before.I think none of the teams in CL should be priced so high' date='specialy at this stage.Lyon picked up good form lately and looking good.I think Real will strugle here.I also think that price market is incorrect and i'm more then happy to take [b']Lyon +1.5AH @1.75 :ok
Market is moving fast.Lyon +1.5AH is @1.85 now,i'll have more of that.Lyon jumped to @9.50.I'm not saying they are going to win but this is stupid price or bookies trap again.they lower down price on Real wich is @1.33 so more ppl include them in accas or just lump on them like i did last year :wall they don't even know if Ronaldo will play.

Key players rested over the weekend and Ronaldo back.
Key players rested?Who exactly?Mour play the same squad every match.He doesn't like to rest players.Give me few names of key rested players pls. ronaldo has been included in the squad.Real coach Jose Mourinho would not say whether he will include Ronaldo in his starting lineup for the game. "I need to consult the medical department for a final opinion and to hear how the player himself feels, his final feelings in training," Mourinho said at a pre-training news conference

Market is moving fast.Lyon +1.5AH is @1.85 now' date=i'll have more of that.Lyon jumped to @9.50.I'm not saying they are going to win but this is stupid price or bookies trap again.they lower down price on Real wich is @1.33 so more ppl include them in accas or just lump on them like i did last year :wall they don't even know if Ronaldo will play.
Totally agree Mahno. Just my opinion of course but anyone taking Madrid at those odds are mugs, even though they could quite easily win this comfortably. Like the look of Lyon on that line as i really fancy them get on the scoresheet.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Real Madrid - Lyon Madrid is totally a different team at home this season. They have not lost a single game at home in all competition , last time they lost at home was against Barcelona last season. I dont see Madrid losing this one irrespective of Ronaldo is fit for this clash or not. They will happily defend the away goal and will be pleased with 0-0 score. Also they have very tough fixture in upcoming week , all away games against the big guns Alt Madrid , Bilbo , Valencia plus el clasico at home. I dont think they will be that aggressive , also Mourinho likes to sit back. Under2.5 @ 2.20 Bet365 0 Goals @ 15.00 for Fun Bet365 Lyon to win @ 9.5 for Fun Bet365 Chelsea - Copenhagen Chelsea will have no problem qualifying for the next round , they are way too strong for Copenhangen. I am not expecting this game to be a goal fest , so Under 2.5 goals seems good for now. Under2.5 @ 2.20 Bet365 :hope GL All.

Real Madrid - Lyon under 2.5 @ 2.21 pinnacle Real have the important away goal so they will be looking not to concede a goal themselves. Apart from the 1-1 draw with Lyon in the first leg, their only other goal they have allowed was the 2-2 draw at AC Milan, so they kept a clean sheet in the other 5 group games, including all 3 home games in the CL this season. Lyon showed in the first leg that they can make things difficult for Real and they seem to enjoy playing them, given that they have had 3 draws with them at the Bernabeau, with 5 of their last 6 meetings staying under. Like this to be a low scoring game with chances few and far between Chelsea - Copenhagen under 2.5 @ 2.28 pinnacle Having outclassed Copenhagen 2-0 on the road, doubt that Chelsea will have too many problems in progressing to the next round from here, gven that they have started to pick up some form of late. They have an important game on the weekend with Man City, so there may some players rested for this game with the weekend's game in mind, as they will believe that Copenhagen does not posses the quality to get passed them in this tie.
I like your reasoning and will follow but with a little bit different bets to make it more fun. With small stakes Real Madrid & Under 2.5 + Chelsea & Under 2.5 @ 11.90 William Hill

Key players rested?Who exactly?Mour play the same squad every match.He doesn't like to rest players.Give me few names of key rested players pls. ronaldo has been included in the squad.Real coach Jose Mourinho would not say whether he will include Ronaldo in his starting lineup for the game. "I need to consult the medical department for a final opinion and to hear how the player himself feels, his final feelings in training," Mourinho said at a pre-training news Carvalho was left out altogether , Pepe & Alonso were on the bench, there's 3 key defensive players , so what does that tell you , Mourinho said in this pre match conference that 0-0 is good for them and that Real " will be defensive and let Lyon play" . For me Real just play one way and that is attack. Even if Ronaldo does not play I've always found Real still win without him. Remember last season when Ronaldo broke that guys nose he missed a few games and then he had a bit of an injury and he missed a few more , they still won those matches he was out for. This time round they won 1-3 without him in the first game and then 2-0 " with key players rested" . I don't know if this counts but Di Maria was taking off with a half hour still left on the clock , that's a fairly good rest too , now is that enough names for ya. Best of luck with ur bet.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Real Madrid-Lyon Real will surely put their focus on a solid defense and try to score one goal.I think they will go and defend their single goal and Lyon tries to attack and score.Myabe they will score.For me there are just two possible results: Real to win by 1 goal 3,80 sportingbet 3pts CS 2:0 7,00 Will Hill 1pt GL

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Real- Lyon =over (1.65) bet365 Preview: Real: injured: Pedro Leon, Gago, Higuain, Kaka. Lyon: injured: Aly Cissokho; in doubt: Gourcuff, Cris, Ederson; Pending: Bastos. The first game ended with the score 1-1 at home to Lyon to Real very favorable result. Lyon will have to attack and score to hope again, which means that the Real players will have more space in attack and with the likes of Di Maria, Ozil, C. Ronaldo, Benzema will surely be a game full of goals. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March I don't see why many people here favour Lyon so much. I am not trying to be smart or anything, just remembering the first game. Lyon had one clear chance in first half, after that Real was all over them. In second half they hit bar twice before taking the lead, after that they were in complete control of the game and Lyon later scored accidental goal totally against the run of play. 0-0 will suit Real tonight, but I don't think they will want to fear for their life until the very end. As for last year, it's a good argument for backing Lyon, but I think that tonight they don't have any chance. I will back Real for an ordinary win, maybe even with the handicap. Anyway, goodluck to everybody with tonight's picks :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March I think you can't forget Mourinho's home streak. Last game he lost at home was in his time @ Porto, this is a reason why real is only at 1.35 or something... Will they win? I have no idea, it could be a draw aswell, but I don't believe real will lose this game. Since Ronaldo is injured Benzema is doing great and Mourinho has the luxury to bench Ronaldo when he's not 100%. He can always bring him if needed. I think it are hard games today. I'll prob. go for a madrid win because of the home streak + a lot of people who had rest last game. As said defensively a lot of players where rested as X. Alonso who seems to always get his rest before a cl game (remind me he was benched before the game in Lyon aswell) About Chelsea, I can understand the reasoning here. chelsea had an easy away win and Under 2.5 seems a good bet. Perhaps I'll even lay Chelsea because they are so low.. Not sure yet what to do here.

I think you can't forget Mourinho's home streak. Last game he lost at home was in his time @ Porto' date=' this is a reason why real is only at 1.35 or something... [/quote'] That record applies to domestic league games only mate. He's still got an impressive European record as well, but his Inter side lost at home to Panathinaikos in 2008 and he lost to Barcelona at Stamford Bridge in 2006.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Real Madrid to win by 1 goal @3.50 x4 Real Madrid to win by 2 goals @4.00 x3 Aggregated odds: win by 1 goal @2 win by 2 goals @1.71 I still believe, like many, that the market favors Real too much (or underestimates Lyon), but in the same time I'm not really willing to back a Lyon's victory with good money, even with an handicap. In my opinion, Lyon will fight well, but Real is objectively going to win eventually, and if I think the 1 goal margin is the most likely, the 2nd more likely result is not a draw but a two-goal margin for Real. I have already made a bet on Lyon +1.5, but it was fairly small since I expected the market price to increase anyway - and I'll bet on this instead. The absence of Bastos is a blow for Lyon; Gourcuff will probably play the 2nd leg, but it is yet to be seen if he will make a contribution up to the expectations. On the Real side, Benzema seems in form again, and the Mou' factor can't be ignored. Lyon will give them some trouble, but the Meringues will do the job tonight and get a short but definitive win.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Real Madrid v Lyon With the away goal firmly putting Real Madrid in the drivers seat and yet to record a loss in this years CL I can only see that continuing. To be fair Madrid could have had more goals in France, but im sure tonight they will put those missed opportunities to bed. In the CL they have scored 2 or more goals in every home game, this being the same in their last 5 La Liga home games. What also bodes well for the Whites is that after returning away with a draw on the last eight occasions they got the job done at the Bernabeu. Adding more fuel to the fire Lyon have had 5 wins from the last 6 games. Their last 6 away games they have failed to score in only one. With the result already favouring Madrid they are going to need to score, making for an open attacking game. They have also only failed to score once in this years CL campaign. Unbeaten in 7 games and Lisandro in hot scoring form at the moment. I can see Lyon scoring. This all makes for a top game of which I don't care who goes through as long as theres goals!! Real Madrid v Lyon Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.60 Chelsea v Copenhagen The Blues lead from the first leg 2-0 and seem to be sailing through with an unbeaten CL record at home in their last 25 games. They have never lost to a Danish side either. Torres could be rested but I envision him being allowed to play and finally open his scoring account. Their is no onus on Chelsea to attack with the lead in the bag but at home and against a weaker side surely its a great building block to get a few goals and raise morale after what has been patchy form of recent. Not much to say on their opposition. They have to attack to have any chance of progression and that will only play into the hands of Chelsea. If they sit back and defend Chelsea will still rip through them and score. They are without their suspended right back and their centre back faces a late fitness test, not the best news when you need a strong defence. The facts point to anything but a blue evening for the Blues. Chelsea to win @ 1.3 Multiplier reads 8pts @ Evens

I don't see why many people here favour Lyon so much. I am not trying to be smart or anything, just remembering the first game. Lyon had one clear chance in first half, after that Real was all over them. In second half they hit bar twice before taking the lead, after that they were in complete control of the game and Lyon later scored accidental goal totally against the run of play. 0-0 will suit Real tonight, but I don't think they will want to fear for their life until the very end. As for last year, it's a good argument for backing Lyon, but I think that tonight they don't have any chance. I will back Real for an ordinary win, maybe even with the handicap. Anyway, goodluck to everybody with tonight's picks :hope
Nobody favour Lyon here mate.In fact i'm sure Real will win but what i say is i don't think it will be trashing.Win by 1 goal is enough for Real or even 0-0 draw. Most of the people had bayern as a favourite yesterday,look what happened.AC Milan?Everyone was tipping Spurs on handicap-finished 0-0.At this stage of CL almost all teams are good and if you noticed almost all victories end up by no more then 1 goal. That's a point.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Real Madrid v Lyon Lyon+3 corners (AH) @ 1.875 Bet365 Lyon will have to push on at some point in the game, and I think Madrid will be quite happy to sit back and soak up the pressure. I don't see Madrid pouring men forward and on that basis I think the corner count should be pretty even. People are saying Madrid battered Lyon in the first leg but the corner count was 5 - 4 in favour of Lyon. Although two different team a comparable situation is the Man Utd game last night (after the 1st goal) united held a slight advantage throughout the game and Marseille had to push on - while IMO United were never in trouble the match finished 6-6 on corners. Given the match situation I think +3 corners is a good bet here, and hoping the worst result will be a refund. GL to ALL

Real Madrid v Lyon Lyon+3 corners (AH) @ 1.875 Bet365 Lyon will have to push on at some point in the game, and I think Madrid will be quite happy to sit back and soak up the pressure. I don't see Madrid pouring men forward and on that basis I think the corner count should be pretty even. People are saying Madrid battered Lyon in the first leg but the corner count was 5 - 4 in favour of Lyon. Although two different team a comparable situation is the Man Utd game last night (after the 1st goal) united held a slight advantage throughout the game and Marseille had to push on - while IMO United were never in trouble the match finished 6-6 on corners. Given the match situation I think +3 corners is a good bet here, and hoping the worst result will be a refund. GL to ALL
This could be a shrewd move....last year I had Madrid - 3 Corners, which they won 9-2. This year, as Madrid hold the advantage, there is more onus on Lyon to get forward as you say....although, should they score first.....which is easily possible, then the bet won't come in. It's a delicately poised contest, and I wish you all the luck with this bet :ok

Nobody favour Lyon here mate.In fact i'm sure Real will win but what i say is i don't think it will be trashing.Win by 1 goal is enough for Real or even 0-0 draw. Most of the people had bayern as a favourite yesterday,look what happened.AC Milan?Everyone was tipping Spurs on handicap-finished 0-0.At this stage of CL almost all teams are good and if you noticed almost all victories end up by no more then 1 goal. That's a point.
Valid point, mate. Lyon is not a naive team at all, and they have an enormous amount of experience during many years in CL, which can be crucial in these kind of games. As i said, last year Real was also huge favorite and we all know what happened, but this year they have Mourinho, which is the key thing, I believe. This will not be an ordinary game and Jose is expert for those matces and is on much higher level than Puel. My prognose, that anything except convincing victory from Real would be a huge surprise for me, is based from what I saw in the first game, but any game is different and always something can happen that nobody counted for.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 16 March Chelsea -1 @ 1.80 Sportsbet I can see quite a few have jumped on the unders with this fixture, I won't argue with it but I'll chuck my 2 cents in the mix. Copenhagen need to overcome a 2 goal deficit and they obviously can't do that by sitting back and playing defensive. I expect them to throw everything but the park bench at Chelsea and really have a crack. IMO Chelsea's defense have enough quality and experience to hold them out, and their midfield will not allow such a side to dominate possession for long periods of time. If and when Copenhagen manage to hold the ball, I'm expecting Chelsea to reply with the quick and fluent counter attacks we've seen over the past few seasons. Chelsea may rest players for the upcoming City fixture, but they have enough quality on the bench to field a very strong side, I can't see it getting in the way of their goalscoring ability. Torres.... hmmm well he still hasn't scored and perhaps tonight will be the perfect opportunity for him to grab one? Good luck all :hope

That record applies to domestic league games only mate. He's still got an impressive European record as well' date=' but his Inter side lost at home to Panathinaikos in 2008 and he lost to Barcelona at Stamford Bridge in 2006.[/quote'] ah ok, but as you say it's still an impressive record he has