** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 6th March

Re: BBOTD 6th March 2.10 Huntingdon Fontano 1 point win @ SP Emma Lavelle thinks quite a lot of this one based on her comments on the ATR website and thinks the grey gelding has bags of potential for improvement. Apparently a "stuffy" individual so likely to show better form today, the stable wasn't exactly firing at the time of his first two runs and was put back by the cold patch. Two wins from the last four runners show that the stable could be about to hit a purple patch like they last did in November. Nicky Henderson (First in the Queue) has had five odds-on reversals in the last couple of weeks and Philip Hobbs (Robin De Creuse) has had 16 losing runners since his last win, so the 2 main market rivals are worth taking on here.

Re: BBOTD 6th March 5:00 Naas - Lambro - Back Would have beaten a well-respected rival lto had it not been for an horrendous mis-judgement by his jcokey who left it far too late to deliver his challenge. Looks standout in this field and a re-production of that run will see him hose up here 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD 6th March 4:10 Huntingdon Babilu 0.5 EW - 14/1 (PaddyPower) You can forget his run at Kempton when he was way too keen. If you take that out of his form, he'd be a 6/1 shot here. He was travelling well lto when falling off the same mark and that race has been backed up by the second winning well today. Jockey goes well around this course which is a bonus, and his record on the horse reads 211. Cheekpeices stay on which helps. If there's a strong pace on he has a big chance.

Re: BBOTD 6th March 0.5 e/w oniz tiptoes @sp 3.20 sedgefield i was watching rebel swing and about to use that as my bbotd ,but noticed its last but 1 run against oniz tiptoes who rallied at the end for second place(no chance with the winner) oniz tiptoes won this race last year @ 6/1 and can do the same this year at a similar price carrying 8lb less than last year,i have gone for e/w only as a saver as i do fancy oniz tiptoes to be in the top 2 probably 1st,75 runs to date,8 wins.9 seconds and a profit at sp of £43.88 to a £1 stake,definatly worth a pound of my hard earned cash:hope..also doing a massive 10p t/f with rebel swing just in case :unsure,3rd top adrian massey rated worth a decent place bet on bf

Re: BBOTD 6th March 3.50 Sedgefield Flighty Mist ran well behind two decent sorts lto and although well beaten jumped well and certainly wasn't disgraced and was eased once beaten. Down in grade here and up against some very poor horses she has a decent chance of winning this. 1 Pt win 13/2 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 6th March Catch Bob - Sedgefield 14.50 - 1pt win Should appreciate the soft going and has an ok record around here. Likely to have a little bit more class than these and should go well today. Slow pace may well suit his running style

Re: BBOTD 6th March The last novice race at Huntingdon is headed by another Henderson horse in Sizing Ireland, a bumper horse who couldnt manage a win so not sure if he will be one of the stables leading lights, might be worth taking him on with something. Baan is progressing but didnt rate the race much he was in last time and Loch Ba might be worth a second look, he got loose at Towcester before the race but before that was 5th in that good novice race of Backspins at Bangor. Sportingbet are a stand out price and worth an EW interest. Bet; 240 Hnt: Loch Ba EW (17/2 Sportingbet)

Re: BBOTD 6th March Caddy Man - Naas 5:00 Lambro the favourite is an absolutely ridiculous price. 1/2 in a 23 runner field with a lot of unexposed horses is a bit hard to believe so there has to be value in the race. My selection ran a very nice race last time out finishing 2nd to Fernhurst Lad at Thurles and shaped like the step up to 3m would suit today. Looks to have the credentials to be the one the favourite should fear the most and looks a very nice price for a horse that is 2nd favourite. 1 Point win @ 11/1 (Hills) BOG

Re: BBOTD 6th March Sedgefield 4.50 - Classic Henri 1 pts win @ 5/1 with Victor Chandler Shown nice improvement since going handicapping an 3 solid efforts (3,2,2). Was narrowly behind Sea Cliff lto and re opposes today and hopefully can get the better of him today. Is how ever up 5lbs if coping with that though I expect another decent effort.

Re: BBOTD 6th March Did my bbotd selection yesterday not get posted? it was smart catch in the first at kempton.... :unsure on a serious note I couldn't get on to post yesterday :cry 4.30 Naas Leon Og 16/1 e/w Bet 365 This horse ran out a very comfortable winner a few outings ago over this distance. Was then stepped up in trip on his next 2 runs and ran well enough but I am hoping the drop back in trip to 3m today will help the horse. The horse will handle the ground and horses from this stable can never be discounted in big races so i'll take my chances. Has a good racing weight here and in first time cheekpieces they might just bring about a little more improvement.

Re: BBOTD 6th March Costa Courta 3.40 Huntingdon (EACH WAY) 12-1 Betfred BOG Whittled the race down to 4 runners (Costa Courta, Ballyvesey, Marc Of Brilliance, Western Whisky) and felt the value was with this selection. Has been pulled up on last 2 outings which slightly worries me but both times off a rating of 125. Won off a mark of 111 in a small field class 4 chase over a furlong further and on good to soft ground the time before that. It stayed on to finish 2nd in a class 3 novice chase (off a 110 rating) over 3m at this course in February and ran better than its 33-1 odds suggested it would. Has had some jumping errors and probably explains the 12-1 price tag but some other bookies only offering 8-1 and 9-1. I like a horse to have form over the distance in these 3m races and the course form is an extra plus today.

Re: BBOTD 6th March First time on a race track for the 6yr old mare so she could be anything. Trainer Jim Best can be pretty shrewd at times and its his only runner of the day so i'll take a wee chance. Jockey Sam t Davies takes the ride and of his 2 rides today id say this is his best at having a winner. 5:10 Huntingdon - Murchan High 0.5 e/w bet @ 12/1 Tote etc etc Enjoy your Sunday.

Re: BBOTD 6th March 2.10 Huntingdon: Morgan's Bay 0.5 pts e/w @ 12/1 Ladbrokes BOG This horse has some pretty decent bumper form to it's name finishing a close 2nd to a decent Nicky Henderson horse on debut. Hasn't run to anything like that standard since however and debut over hurdles was disappointing to say the least. However with stable bang in form at the minute and any further drying in the ground improving the horse's chances think it has every chance of springing a surprise at current odds.

Re: BBOTD 6th March 3.20 Sedgefield - 1pt win Rebel Swing @ 8/1 (VC) Rebel Swing craves mammoth trips such as todays 27f, and everything looks prepped for a good run - and should be seeing its race out better than most. Run well last twice over 3m, and showed a good level of form when beaten 10 lengths by Captain Americo over this trip at Kelso. Both the first two in that race have run very well over fences recently and it looked a decent race (better than the one it contests today). Sure to run his race and at 8/1 looks a very fair e/w bet.

Re: BBOTD 6th March 3:20 Ontrack @ Sedgefield - Won over course and distance last month beating some of todays horses in the process.Has only been given a 3lb penalty for that win and has usual jockey Wilson Renwick onboard in ground that will suit too. 1 pt Win @ 4/1 Ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD 6th March

3.20 Sedgefield - 1pt win Rebel Swing @ 8/1 (VC) Rebel Swing craves mammoth trips such as todays 27f, and everything looks prepped for a good run - and should be seeing its race out better than most. Run well last twice over 3m, and showed a good level of form when beaten 10 lengths by Captain Americo over this trip at Kelso. Both the first two in that race have run very well over fences recently and it looked a decent race (better than the one it contests today). Sure to run his race and at 8/1 looks a very fair e/w bet.
My luck :wall

Re: BBOTD 6th March 5.00 Naas - Crude 1/2 ew Done most of its racing in ptp , placing 3 times and best efforts on soft ground. 6th in a maiden hurdle , 23L behind impressive Our Girl Salley and many in race ran well since.Stayed 3m in ptp should have no problem with conditions

Re: BBOTD 6th March

Sedgefield 4.50 - Classic Henri 1 pts win @ 5/1 with Victor Chandler Shown nice improvement since going handicapping an 3 solid efforts (3,2,2). Was narrowly behind Sea Cliff lto and re opposes today and hopefully can get the better of him today. Is how ever up 5lbs if coping with that though I expect another decent effort.
Ergh done by a damn 66/1 shot :@