UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March

Mustafa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March

Got a feeling Inter are just a bit too long in this one. Should be a great match in which both sides will bring it. Not a regular Bundesliga viewer but I'll watch Bayern over this weekend and see wagwan.
I hoe Milito will be back but I think he won't be back next week.But despite that this should be over 2,5.First leg had 1000 chances but just one goal.Inter will attack and Bayern can't defend.

Got a feeling Inter are just a bit too long in this one. Should be a great match in which both sides will bring it. Not a regular Bundesliga viewer but I'll watch Bayern over this weekend and see wagwan.
I also don't follow Bundesliga, but agree that watching B.Munich over the weekend is a good idea.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Man United wins to nil @2.2 (b365) 1-0 @5.5 2-0 @6.5 The Red Devils are not in great form, with two important defeats vs Chelsea and Liverpool, and another surprising defeat vs Wolverhampton in early February. Yet, Man United remains undefeated home this season for all competitions, and their last loss at Old Trafford goes back to March 2010 vs Chelsea (they lost home only twice for all competitions in 2010). Marseille does have a reasonably solid defense, but their severely lack attacking potential, with the injuries on Gignac and Valbuena, while Brandao has flown to Brazil after sexual assault accusations (!). They must also focus on the domestic league, and it seems pretty obvious they can't jeopardize their whole season chasing a long, long shot in CL while they don't have the staff to compete on all fronts. Main bet is on United to win to nil, with some extra winnings on the 1-0 or 2-0.

Man United wins to nil @2.2 (b365) 1-0 @5.5 2-0 @6.5 The Red Devils are not in great form, with two important defeats vs Chelsea and Liverpool, and another surprising defeat vs Wolverhampton in early February. Yet, Man United remains undefeated home this season for all competitions, and their last loss at Old Trafford goes back to March 2010 vs Chelsea (they lost home only twice for all competitions in 2010). Marseille does have a reasonably solid defense, but their severely lack attacking potential, with the injuries on Gignac and Valbuena, while Brandao has flown to Brazil after sexual assault accusations (!). They must also focus on the domestic league, and it seems pretty obvious they can't jeopardize their whole season chasing a long, long shot in CL while they don't have the staff to compete on all fronts. Main bet is on United to win to nil, with some extra winnings on the 1-0 or 2-0.
This all makes sense to me and will follow you on all 3. United know conceding could be fatal and are organised at the back. If they go 2-up I think they'll focus more on not conceding rather than getting a 3rd and coast it, which leads me to think 2-0 more likely but as I say, will take all 3 bets too. :hope

Man United wins to nil @2.2 (b365) 1-0 @5.5 2-0 @6.5 The Red Devils are not in great form, with two important defeats vs Chelsea and Liverpool, and another surprising defeat vs Wolverhampton in early February. Yet, Man United remains undefeated home this season for all competitions, and their last loss at Old Trafford goes back to March 2010 vs Chelsea (they lost home only twice for all competitions in 2010). Marseille does have a reasonably solid defense, but their severely lack attacking potential, with the injuries on Gignac and Valbuena, while Brandao has flown to Brazil after sexual assault accusations (!). They must also focus on the domestic league, and it seems pretty obvious they can't jeopardize their whole season chasing a long, long shot in CL while they don't have the staff to compete on all fronts. Main bet is on United to win to nil, with some extra winnings on the 1-0 or 2-0.
I don't know what is the point to make 3 identical bets. You lose all those 3 bets if Marseille scores only a single goal. Gignac is 100% fit. He was training with the team even before the match against Rennes. It won't be an easy job for United considering they lost Nani and are far from their best form. The victory against the demoralized team of Arsenal can't make me forget their poor preformances against Pool and Chelsea. Don't also forget Didier Deschamps is pretty experienced in CL as he already led the underdog Monaco to the final in 2004. I would probably stay out of this game. GL with your bets.

I don't know what is the point to make 3 identical bets. You lose all those 3 bets if Marseille scores only a single goal. Gignac is 100% fit. He was training with the team even before the match against Rennes. It won't be an easy job for United considering they lost Nani and are far from their best form. The victory against the demoralized team of Arsenal can't make me forget their poor preformances against Pool and Chelsea. Don't also forget Didier Deschamps is pretty experienced in CL as he already led the underdog Monaco to the final in 2004. I would probably stay out of this game. GL with your bets.
Manchester does not normally have easy games against French sides. I remember when once Monaco eliminated them on away goals rule and can really see this happening here.

The point seems obvious by all means: to win more on the 1-0 and 2-0. If you dutch the score, you get @2.98, with a refund on 0-0. I didn't say I had bet the same amount on all three. I didn't say either it would be an easy game for Man United. However, I believe the task will be much harder for Marseille - the Red Devils are not in the same league as Nancy, Sochaux or Arles-Avignon, with all due respect. Man United lost vs Liverpool and Chelsea (top sides, a class above Marseille) on the road, and it is clear home and away games are different kettle of fish for Manchester. I also believe Ferguson is not in the same league as Deschamps. Lately, Man United has played very solid formations, they now got Vidic back, and they have the quality upfront to get a goal in a tight game. That's a recipe for a win to nil imo, but that's football and that's gambling, so of course there's no guarantee, if that is your point.

The point seems obvious by all means: to win more on the 1-0 and 2-0. If you dutch the score, you get @2.98, with a refund on 0-0. I didn't say I had bet the same amount on all three. I didn't say either it would be an easy game for Man United. However, I believe the task will be much harder for Marseille - the Red Devils are not in the same league as Nancy, Sochaux or Arles-Avignon, with all due respect. Man United lost vs Liverpool and Chelsea (top sides, a class above Marseille) on the road, and it is clear home and away games are different kettle of fish for Manchester. I also believe Ferguson is not in the same league as Deschamps. Lately, Man United has played very solid formations, they now got Vidic back, and they have the quality upfront to get a goal in a tight game. That's a recipe for a win to nil imo, but that's football and that's gambling, so of course there's no guarantee, if that is your point.
I agree with Man utd winning for some of the reasoning detailed above. For me a staright win on man Utd or maybe include in a double with another selection.:)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Taking into account what everyone earlier has said. Man Utd v Marseille United's recent form is not great in terms of playing style, but then again when have they ever been known for great pass and move football like Arsenal, they are a very efficient team who can grind out a victory. They have lost two in the last 6 to Chelsea and Liverpool but they are still unbeaten at home. Lets be honest Old Trafford is a fortress. Marseille who in terms of form have been scraping results of recent. They struggled when they visited Stamford Bridge and lost, they showed nothing in the home leg v United, I expect them to play defensively on the counter, with the inevitability of United getting a goal too great to ignore. The French Ligue 1 is no Premiership, if I was any good at scoreline predictions i'd back the 3-0. United to put a pin in the Souffle, nothing left to say but Bon Voyage. Man Utd To Win @ 1/2 Bayern Munich v Inter Milan Anyone writing off the Italians would be silly theres no two ways about it but Bayerns great last minute goal in the San Siro has really put them in the drivers seat. The Germans have a great record at home in the CL and have not lost there this season, with their only defeat to Roma away. They won 6-0 on the weekend so definitely in the scoring mood. When the Germans smell Blood they go in for the kill. They rarely crumble under pressure and there stead fast emotionless expressions will see them triumph again. Inter may well be lacking Lucio who suffered an injury recently, whilst a lot of the Inter squad are not fully fit, including Maicon, Cambiasso and Chivu. Inters away CL record speaks for itself, drew to Twente and lost to Tottenham and Bremen. In all fairness it could be a tight game but with an existing aggregate score of 1-0 in Bayerns favour I can only see the Germans exerting a bit of force to knock over the already Leaning Tower Of Pisa. Bayern AH (0) @ 1.40 Multiplier reads 7Pts @ Evens

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March I think I'll wait for any French experts such as Meatman and Atko to comment on Marseille before taking the plunge. Marseille seem to have been written off quite easily, which is dangerous at this stage of the CL. United look a tad on the short side at first glance, considering one away goal for Marseille puts them firmly in the driving seat. And I can't really rule them out getting a goal if I'm honest. Unders could be the way to go, because IF either side scores, that should result in the other sitting back a little and pretecting what they have. Obviously, definitely in Marseille's case. I do like the thinking of taking United to win one or two nil also, because IF they score first I could quite easily see them grinding out a slight win. Nothing confirmed yet. Lots of IFS, so I think I'll wait to see some detailed analysis on Marseille.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Bayern were scintilating in the 1st leg but my without looking into it yet in any detail, my first impression is that Inter are too big @ around 4.2. Think this could be cagey at least at the start, Munich don't need to win and a Lay of the Germans @ Evs is is on my radar.

I think I'll wait for any French experts such as Meatman and Atko to comment on Marseille before taking the plunge. Marseille seem to have been written off quite easily, which is dangerous at this stage of the CL. United look a tad on the short side at first glance, considering one away goal for Marseille puts them firmly in the driving seat. And I can't really rule them out getting a goal if I'm honest. Unders could be the way to go, because IF either side scores, that should result in the other sitting back a little and pretecting what they have. Obviously, definitely in Marseille's case. I do like the thinking of taking United to win one or two nil also, because IF they score first I could quite easily see them grinding out a slight win. Nothing confirmed yet. Lots of IFS, so I think I'll wait to see some detailed analysis on Marseille.
Don't agree with that, IF either team scores the game should open up. Marseille have strong attacking options and i fancy they will cause utd plenty of problems. All about odds though, so if there is any value it would be on the overs imo, and thats what i fancy.

I agree. Bayern hold the 1-0 advantage from the first leg, so Inter must attack. But I don't really feel Bayern are the sort of side to protect what they have. Both to score would be my call, as I can quite see this being a bit of an open game.

I agree. Bayern hold the 1-0 advantage from the first leg' date=' so Inter must attack. But I don't really feel Bayern are the sort of side to protect what they have. Both to score would be my call, as I can quite see this being a bit of an open game.[/quote'] Yeah agree. However, Bayern had the problem that teams simply defend vs them and overrun them with strong counter attacks. Bayern defence is regularly changing which indicates they did not find the best lineup yet (which again indicates wrong transfer policy). Anyway, whenever a team does try to attack and make the game like Hamburg did try at the weekend Bayern can play out their strength. Dont overrate the 6:0 win as Hamburg is in chaotic shape. Coach stated midweek that the club is simply uncoachable, management is so chaotic currently no clear structures (many contracts running out, but noone to talk about it available...). Also coach is sacked now as due to his criticizement and the performance at the weekend. Similar case with Bayern where Van Gaal will be sacked end of season. However we have a positive effect here. Many in the management and many players have a high opinion of him. Schweinsteiger, Müller, Badstuber and others growed into their roles due to him and are now stating they will give their best to let Van Gaal leave the club proudly. They still seem to listen to him which does form a rather strong unit now. Motivation is strong due to the above mentioned reason of wanting to end Van Gaal area successful. Gonna be a difficult match, Inter has some decent quality in offence facing an average defence (maybe good at their best day), but then again Bayern has great offensive qualities as well. I think both teams will look to score the first goal, a 1:0 for Bayern will play in their cards big time as they simply perform great when they get space. :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Inter +0.5 has to be the play. Yes, their options are limited without Milito and Pazzini. I think they are stronger when they rely solely on Eto'o and Sneijder to score though. They play stronger in midfield with Zanetti, Motta and Cambiasso. Munich may not be in great form in the Bundesliga (completely unpredictable), but we saw what they are capable of in the first leg in Italy. However, they only need a draw to advance and that is key.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March I have not changed my mind regarding the Man United-OM game, but it is true that Marseille has some speed and talent upfront, and they might well find a way to the net. Valbuena looked fit yesterday, and Remy has scored a few goals lately. Ayew could prove to be dangerous as well. However, even if they do score, I never (figure of speech) see them winning at Old Trafford, so the most likely scores are, in my opinion, 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 1-1. Thus, I'm willing to bet (more) on these FS with the following odds (b365) and weights: Man Utd 1-0 @5.50 x4 Man Utd 2-0 @6.50 x3.5 Draw 1-1 @7.50 x1.5 Man Utd 2-1 @8.50 x2 Aggregated odds: 1-0 or 2.0 @2 Push on 1-1 2-1 @1.5 The 3-0 or 3-1 is a risk that I would cover with in-play betting.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March I don't think there is much debate that Manchester advance here. The arguement is how many goals will be scored or how many will they win by. The safest bet is Manchester -1 as the worst possibility is likely your bet returned. Another 0-0 would be bad, but I don't think that is likely considering all the goals they have scored this season.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Bayern v. Inter Further to what has already been said about the match. I think we have a great game on our hands here. Bayern hold a 1-0 advantage but I feel pretty sure that they'll back themselves to score at least one at home and attack. Zico has alluded to the fact that they are built for attacking football and to play against their strengths would be ridiculous. They trashed Hamburg 6-0 but the opposition were truly awful. Inter had a more laboured result having drawn with Brescia 1-1. As is with football, they were a few inches away from locking down the win, but in the end a PK save away from losing 2-1. They also had Lucio pull out (thigh) and although he is in the squad it's not looking likely that he will play. He's a big loss, and it means that a Cordoba -Rannochia CB partnership will be fielded. Both are more accustomed to playing with Lucio than each other and his presence will be a loss. Their midfield should be that of Zanetti, Cambiasso and Stankovic. It's not impossible that if Chivu plays LB, Nagatomo could move up into LCM for width going forward. As usual, Sneijder plays behind Eto'o and Pandev. As a team they are strong and they have two players in Sneijder and Eto'o that can change matches alone. At times throughout the season their midfield has been left wanting defensively. They don't all burst forward, but they haven't been as solid as you'd expect. Leonardo hasn't done much to change that as he has geared them towards being the most offensive Inter team that I have seen for a while. In other words, don't expect a performance like that seen under JM. Inter know that they must score, and realistically it has to be at least 2 goals. Given that they are a mentally strong squad they will keep fighting, even if they were to go 1-0 down. I think Inter have the better defence but given that their team must attack more they could be left further exposed. Bayern have all the attackers they need to get goals. I have revised by thoughts on Inter getting the win and will instead go for: Both teams to score (1.72) - 5 points For fun - CS - 2-3 Inter (34.00) - 0.5 points Bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Man Utd Vs Marseille Selection: United. In the first leg in France barely any chances wore created due to the fact that most of the games football was battled out in the middle of the pitch, United wore sloppy with some of their passing and played well too narrow. I think united this time will use their wingers more regularly in this home game as they know they will need goals and with the return of Valencia and the big boost of Nani training with the first team today united will have to much pace for marseilles full backs. Smalling and vidic have struck up a good partnership over the past few weeks and wore immense against arsenal the weekend. i'd expect Hernandez to be dropped to the bench and berbatov brought in with his fresh legs. I also expect united to come out all guns blazing and get that early goal so they can dictate the match. My bets: First goal 1st - 10th minute @ 7/2 Paddy Power medium stakes United to win both halves @ 3/1 paddy power high stakes Hernandez to score last @ 9/2 paddy power low stakes United to win 2-0 @ 5/1 paddy power medium stakes Good luck.:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Bayern-Inter Over 4.5 cards @1.72 (b365) While Bayern averaged 2.14 yellow card per game, Inter has been relatively quiet with only 1.29 - but they played fewer games, and this leg will be another story anyway. First leg saw 5 card (3 for Inter), but I believe tempers may fray pretty fast if Inter score, and we know several Bayern players are quick-tempered. As far as Inter is concerned, they'll probably have to resort to at least a few tactical fouls to stop Robben/Ribery. Not the best of odds, but I'll take them anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone sent off.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March I believe Marseille aimed for a 0-0 draw in the first leg, which is why they might not have created many chances. However, playing at Old Trafford in the second leg means that they only need score one goal to heap a ton of pressure onto Man Utd, and I believe that is going to be their game plan this time. They will attack and go for the away goal, and they will be in a very good position if they score that. Marseille to qualify @3.5 Meanwhile, I am confident that Bayern have a good chance at beating Inter flat out. Inter have been poor in Europe, and even poorer away from home, and they are missing their first choice centre-forward. Bayern is off the back of a 6-0 win against HSV, and confidence in their attack will be high. Bayern to win @1.90 Went for the double @6.65.:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Like it or not, Marseille have never replaced Niang, in my view. It was a stupid move to sell one of their best strikers in years and neither Gignac nor Remy have filled the void because Remy was the focal point of the team at Nice in their 4-5-1 and Gignac was the focal point of Toulouse in either their 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 depending on how defensive they wanted to be. Brandao is an average target man, nothing more, and as has been said already - he's flown home. That's why it's not working for Marseille - their 4-3-3 doesn't suit any of their strikers but Brandao and he's not an especially good player. It's not helped with Lucho being out of form too. Marseille had the opportunity in the first leg to do something with a typical away display from United this season - poor passing, little control, and few chances - but did very little indeed because like it or not, United do actually have one of the best defences in European football right now. Why? Well, Ferdinand's been out for most of 2011 and nobody has noticed - that's how well Smalling is playing with Vidic, something which I didn't personally think was possible. Maybe I'll be seen as biased as I am a United fan, after all, but I'll be absolutely amazed if Marseille score in this game. United at home and United away are two very different teams this season. I can count the number of games we've deserved to win away from home this season on one hand but I can't begin to count the number of times we've overcome sides at home in any competition without any great difficulty. Nani's return is paramount because all our creativity has come from him this season with Valencia being out and if he plays then this should be 2-0. I wouldn't go overboard here though - Marseille are assured at the back from time to time and I really don't see a whitewash in this game with that in mind. A 1-0 or 2-0 scoreline seems realistic here to me. United do struggle against French opposition, it's true, although the reference made by Mustafa was so long ago that Monaco's line-up in attack was Henry and Trezeguet, who scored against just about everyone during that time, which was what - 14 years ago?! United have struggled against Lille and Lyon over the past few years though, it's true, but the most important factor is that United never lost away and always won at home - bear that in mind :) Lastly, the only time United have conceded in the Champions League this season was when they rested a lot of regulars at home to Valencia. My call - 1-0 if there's no Nani, 2-0 if there is. Good luck guys

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Man Utd/Real Madrid Double I've already talked about Real v Lyon on Wednesdays thread, I done this bet this morning even before it was announced that Nani is fit, Carrick also but I don't rate him in anyway, the odds have changed since I done the bet with the news so that always good. United are streets ahead of Marseille and that was shown in the first leg even though they didn't score. I imagine 2 or 3 nil but I'm going for 2 straight wins with decent stakes.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Man Utd v Marseille Man Utd @ 1/2 general 10/10 Man Utd (-1 AH) @ 10/11 bet365 5/10 I think this is a backable price for Man Utd at Old Trafford in a one off knockout game they must win as I can't see another 0-0 that would take us to extra time. People have mentioned some recent poor performances against Liverpool & Chelsea but those were both on the road, United are a different animal at home and are unbeaten at OT this season. Despite having a depleted midfield at the weekend they still had enough to see of Arsenal. Utd are boosted by returns to fitness of Nani & Carrick, while Valencia also played 45 minutes at the weekend so will play some part in the game. I've not seen enough from Marseille in this years CL to say they can knock out Utd on their own patch and I think if Utd put on their usual high tempo display on a European night under the floodlights they will have too much for Deschamps men.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 19-18-3 -0.75 units (51.35%) (Ajax pending) Bayern -111 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Bayern hasn't been running that great this year (including in bundesliga) but Inter has been terrible for Champions League on the road, giving up 8 goals in just 3 games. They have a few injuries as already mentioned Pazinni cup tied in this one. Inter will be pressing too for a much needed goal, so I can see a lot of chances opening up for Bayern on the counter.