UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March

Mustafa

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Man.United – Marseille I have decided to get back to betting after my losing streak and believe that I have found a good bet. Man.United won at HT in most of their home games this season. The failed to win at HT in a small number of games including 0-0 draw with Rangers when Sir Alex did not play the first squad and another one also in Champions League 1-1 draw against Valencia when they did not need a win. In their last 4 home games at Old Trafford the scores at HT were as follows: Arsenal 1-0 Crawley 1-0 Man.City 1-0 Aston Villa 2-0 HT Result: Man.United @ 1.90 Bet365

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March i watched the game lat time out INTER VS bAYERN which ended 0-1 realy was a fluke goal at the end for bayern this time round inter will be more motivated for this game and i can see inter winning. i cant see bayern winning twice with inter . also bayern are not stable this year and inter can hit hard when you give them the chance .

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March

i watched the game lat time out INTER VS bAYERN which ended 0-1 realy was a fluke goal at the end for bayern this time round inter will be more motivated for this game and i can see inter winning. i cant see bayern winning twice with inter . also bayern are not stable this year and inter can hit hard when you give them the chance .
It ended just 0-1 but there were thousand of chances.It could easiyl have ended 4-4.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March only 1 italian team left in the european champions leaugh and really inter is motovited for this game also to show other italian teams whos in charge i think inter will go throw away win the price on inter is very high 4.40 got on pinnacle

Bayern-Inter Over 4.5 cards @1.72 (b365) While Bayern averaged 2.14 yellow card per game, Inter has been relatively quiet with only 1.29 - but they played fewer games, and this leg will be another story anyway. First leg saw 5 card (3 for Inter), but I believe tempers may fray pretty fast if Inter score, and we know several Bayern players are quick-tempered. As far as Inter is concerned, they'll probably have to resort to at least a few tactical fouls to stop Robben/Ribery. Not the best of odds, but I'll take them anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone sent off.
Also second legs normally produce more cards, especially when two equally strong teams play each other. Red card is available @ 3.50-4.00 which might be a good pick.

Also second legs normally produce more cards' date=' especially when two equally strong teams play each other. Red card is available @ 3.50-4.00 which might be a good pick.[/quote'] What do you think about this match?Over 2,5 should be a good bet as you remember that the first leg had 1000 chances.

What do you think about this match?Over 2' date='5 should be a good bet as you remember that the first leg had 1000 chances.[/quote'] If you check recent head to head games between these two last 5 games produced Under 2.5 Goals. However, I like the idea of overs, especially based on the fact that B.Munchen will have Robben and Ribery and Inter will be without Lucio in defense. But I don't see Inter scoring if they will waste their chances as they did against Brescia on Friday.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Here's what I'm on tonight. - Manchester Utd -1AH (vs Marseille) @ 1.98 with Victor Chandler (10pts - NAP) I really can't see Marseille getting a result tonight. Man Utd are just too strong for them all across the pitch. The 0-0 at the Velodrome last time out suited Alex Ferguson's side because they will believe they can get the job done here. OM do have dangers in Loic Remy, Lucho Gonzalez, Andre Ayew and Andre-Pierre Gignac in an attacking sense, but I feel their defence is vulnerable. Gabriel Heinze, shunted into centre-half, is too error-prone these days, while Rod Fanni could have a tough time of it up against either Ryan Giggs or Nani. Stephane Mbia, who has played most of the season at centre-back, is now in his favoured role of defensive midfield, and he'll be charged with either picking up Wayne Rooney or Dimitar Berbatov when they drift into the hole. I don't expect OM to attack a great deal - they will look to utilise the pace of Remy and Ayew. I'm not sure, however, they are defensive capable of keeping United out, and if they move forward, I can see them being exposed. United have a more solid side - OM have picked up recently in Ligue 1, but they have thrown in some sloppy performances and lack a clinical striker. I presume United will see a lot of the ball and eventually get in behind Sol Diawara and Heinze. They have the experience of getting through this sort of Champions League tie and I don't think OM will perturb them at Old Trafford. Just can't see Man Utd not winning this one. :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Man.United – Marseille With United winning comfortably without Nani Gigs Valencia this weekend against Arsenal ( They were only without Cesc ) , i go for United beating Marseille at Home. I dont follow the league Marceille plays but i am confident on SAF tactics. Man Utd @ 1.50 Bet365 Bayern-Inter With Bayern leading by 1 goal , this game seems to be Open one as Inter has no option then to attack and score two goals. I dont think Inter will sit back and relay only on the counters. They will go will full blazing guns , I dont know how Good the Bayern's defense is but the Robben Ribery both seems to coming in their form agian. I see this as a goal fest and going with Both team to score. Goal (both teams to score) @ 1.66 Bet365 :hope GL All

Here's what I'm on tonight. - Manchester Utd -1AH (vs Marseille) @ 1.98 with Victor Chandler (NAP) I really can't see Marseille getting a result tonight. Man Utd are just too strong for them all across the pitch. The 0-0 at the Velodrome last time out suited Alex Ferguson's side because they will believe they can get the job done here. OM do have dangers in Loic Remy, Lucho Gonzalez, Andre Ayew and Andre-Pierre Gignac in an attacking sense, but I feel their defence is vulnerable. Gabriel Heinze, shunted into centre-half, is too error-prone these days, while Rod Fanni could have a tough time of it up against either Ryan Giggs or Nani. Stephane Mbia, who has played most of the season at centre-back, is now in his favoured role of defensive midfield, and he'll be charged with either picking up Wayne Rooney or Dimitar Berbatov when they drift into the hole. I don't expect OM to attack a great deal - they will look to utilise the pace of Remy and Ayew. I'm not sure, however, they are defensive capable of keeping United out, and if they move forward, I can see them being exposed. United have a more solid side - OM have picked up recently in Ligue 1, but they have thrown in some sloppy performances and lack a clinical striker. I presume United will see a lot of the ball and eventually get in behind Sol Diawara and Heinze. They have the experience of getting through this sort of Champions League tie and I don't think OM will perturb them at Old Trafford. Just can't see Man Utd not winning this one. :hope
Think you're right, I have been moaning about United playing crap all season but they are still in with a good shout in all comps and to be honest a score draw or away victory would be a huge shock here, Utd have more than enough good players to get this done, and although OM did alright in the first leg they didn't create that much and Utd were happy to see the game out in the end confident they would finish the job at home. Thanks for your concise opinions on OM.. Nani being in is a surprise and a big boost and United are very consistant at home, they rarely give too much away. Ferguson has done well to reinvent United to more of a Mourinho/Chelsea side that rarely excite but grind out results, I expect them to do this tonight. I've avoided betting on United all season but I'll have a punt on them tonight, prob try a couple of scores too, bit of value in the -1AH for me nice to have the push cover for a one goal victory too; Manchester United -1AH 1.97 (Pinnacle) 7.5/10 Manchester United 2-0 7.0 (betchronicle) 1/10 Manchester United 3-0 12.0 (paddyp) 1/10

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March Man Utd - Marseille under 2.5 @ 1.87 pinnacle Man Utd have allowed just one goal in their CL games this season, and though Ferdinand is missing, Smalling has shown plenty of promies alongside Vidic. Man Utd have been hit and miss of late, with their losses to Chelsea and Liverpool in recent weeks, and though they beat Arsenal on the weekend, they did have van der Saar to congratulate as he did make some very good saves. However, would not be surprised they find it difficult to get past this Marseille defence that has not conceded a goal in their last 5 CL games. Knowing that Old Trafford is a tough place to go to get a result, would not be surprised if he plays it very tight and looking to hit on the counter. Doubt that they will venture forward much and will look to make the most of their limited chances. If they do score, Man Utd may be content to just sit back and defend that one goal to enure they did not concede an away goal, so like this to be a low scoring game. Bayern Munich - Inter Milan over 2.5 @ 1.80 pinnacle With Bayern leading 1-0 and an important away goal, Inter have no choice but to attack and look to get that important away goal for themselves to keep this in this tie. They have plenty of class in their side with Sneijder, Etoo and Pandev to create or score the goals. Still have question marks on Bayern's defence, and like these players to make something out of this. As for Bayern, with players like Ribery and Robben down the flanks, and Gomez in hot goal scoring form, they too have players who can create and score goals. Their cause will be helped by the likely absence of Lucio. Also, they are very capable of scoring on the counter attack themselves, so can see this being an open game, with both sides scoring, and with each looking for another goal to send them through to the next round

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March I tihnk United are value for the win outright tbh, I expected them to be 1.3-1.4 for this one. They have been formidable at Old Trafford this season, really solid defensively even with Rio out at times.....apparently Vidic may be out aswell but I still dont see Marseille doing too much in attack. Smalling has done quite well and with a fully functioning unit ahead of the defence I dont think they'll be exposed too often. Nani returns which is a huge boost and Rooney is approaching somewhere near his best form, well at least at a good level as he's learned to control a ball again. Think this game will be all about United, dont expect too many goals but a win to nil for United would be my guess. Man United to bt Marseille @ 1.52 (Pinnacle:7pts)

Here's what I'm on tonight. - Manchester Utd -1AH (vs Marseille) @ 1.98 with Victor Chandler (10pts - NAP) I really can't see Marseille getting a result tonight. Man Utd are just too strong for them all across the pitch. The 0-0 at the Velodrome last time out suited Alex Ferguson's side because they will believe they can get the job done here. OM do have dangers in Loic Remy, Lucho Gonzalez, Andre Ayew and Andre-Pierre Gignac in an attacking sense, but I feel their defence is vulnerable. Gabriel Heinze, shunted into centre-half, is too error-prone these days, while Rod Fanni could have a tough time of it up against either Ryan Giggs or Nani. Stephane Mbia, who has played most of the season at centre-back, is now in his favoured role of defensive midfield, and he'll be charged with either picking up Wayne Rooney or Dimitar Berbatov when they drift into the hole. I don't expect OM to attack a great deal - they will look to utilise the pace of Remy and Ayew. I'm not sure, however, they are defensive capable of keeping United out, and if they move forward, I can see them being exposed. United have a more solid side - OM have picked up recently in Ligue 1, but they have thrown in some sloppy performances and lack a clinical striker. I presume United will see a lot of the ball and eventually get in behind Sol Diawara and Heinze. They have the experience of getting through this sort of Champions League tie and I don't think OM will perturb them at Old Trafford. Just can't see Man Utd not winning this one. :hope
Good info. Man.United rarely failed me this season and I would have gone with your selection, but in order to recieve my sign up bonus at Bet365 can't pick Asian Handicaps, so will go with straght win with large stakes. Man.United @ 1.50 Bet365

Here's what I'm on tonight. - Manchester Utd -1AH (vs Marseille) @ 1.98 with Victor Chandler (10pts - NAP) I really can't see Marseille getting a result tonight. Man Utd are just too strong for them all across the pitch. The 0-0 at the Velodrome last time out suited Alex Ferguson's side because they will believe they can get the job done here. OM do have dangers in Loic Remy, Lucho Gonzalez, Andre Ayew and Andre-Pierre Gignac in an attacking sense, but I feel their defence is vulnerable. Gabriel Heinze, shunted into centre-half, is too error-prone these days, while Rod Fanni could have a tough time of it up against either Ryan Giggs or Nani. Stephane Mbia, who has played most of the season at centre-back, is now in his favoured role of defensive midfield, and he'll be charged with either picking up Wayne Rooney or Dimitar Berbatov when they drift into the hole. I don't expect OM to attack a great deal - they will look to utilise the pace of Remy and Ayew. I'm not sure, however, they are defensive capable of keeping United out, and if they move forward, I can see them being exposed. United have a more solid side - OM have picked up recently in Ligue 1, but they have thrown in some sloppy performances and lack a clinical striker. I presume United will see a lot of the ball and eventually get in behind Sol Diawara and Heinze. They have the experience of getting through this sort of Champions League tie and I don't think OM will perturb them at Old Trafford. Just can't see Man Utd not winning this one. :hope
Apologies but I can't really get my head around these Asian Handicaps - if this game finished 1-0 to United would you get a full refund? Or is that if it is 0-0?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 15 March I dont no where I should post this, but what do you guys think of these bets? 1 Sheff Wed v Peterborough (Backing Peterborough @ 2.52) 2 Brentford v Huddersfield (Backing Huddersfield @ 2.64) 3 B Munich v Inter (Backing B Munich @ 1.9) £10 on..........£117 back 1 B Munich v Inter (Backing B Munich @ 1.77) 2 Sheff Wed v Peterborough (Backing Peterborough @ 2.56) £10 on............£30 back 1 Sheff Wed v Peterborough (Backing Peterborough @ 2.56) 2 Brentford v Huddersfield (Backing Huddersfield @ 2.67) 3 Crawley Town v Hayes and Yeading (Backing Crawley Town @ 1.24) 4 B Munich v Inter (Backing B Munich @ 1.77) £10 on............£141 back and lastly, backing Huddersfield £10 on...............£17 back

Apologies but I can't really get my head around these Asian Handicaps - if this game finished 1-0 to United would you get a full refund? Or is that if it is 0-0?
I have the same issue with quarter handicaps, for instance if there is something like -1.75 AH. Just check the link below for the reference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_handicap#Whole_Handicaps_and_Draws

I have the same issue with quarter handicaps, for instance if there is something like -1.75 AH. Just check the link below for the reference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_handicap#Whole_Handicaps_and_Draws
Ah yes, the quarter types really wrecks my head. Thanks for taking the time to send the link. Much appreciated. :ok

I dont no where I should post this, but what do you guys think of these bets?
If you read through this thread you'll find plenty of views on the Bayern Munich v Inter game. For the Wednesday & Huddersfield bets, check out http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f6/england-league-one-mar-15-a-114896/index2.html, and for Crawley v Hayes - http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f6/england-midweek-non-league-mar-14-17-a-114892/ These sorts of posts don't really belong anywhere on PL to be honest. The best approach is to post up your thoughts on each game in the individual threads and get some feedback that way. Give us some reasons why you think those teams will win and you'll get a much better response. :ok Whether or not you then want to put them into an accumulator is really down to individual choice. Many punters prefer to stick to singles or the occasional double, but there are some who make multiples pay. Just remember that bookies love to see a slip with an accy on it - the more teams the merrier - as it increases the chances of at least one selection letting you down.

I dont no where I should post this, but what do you guys think of these bets? 1 Sheff Wed v Peterborough (Backing Peterborough @ 2.52) 2 Brentford v Huddersfield (Backing Huddersfield @ 2.64) 3 B Munich v Inter (Backing B Munich @ 1.9) £10 on..........£117 back 1 B Munich v Inter (Backing B Munich @ 1.77) 2 Sheff Wed v Peterborough (Backing Peterborough @ 2.56) £10 on............£30 back 1 Sheff Wed v Peterborough (Backing Peterborough @ 2.56) 2 Brentford v Huddersfield (Backing Huddersfield @ 2.67) 3 Crawley Town v Hayes and Yeading (Backing Crawley Town @ 1.24) 4 B Munich v Inter (Backing B Munich @ 1.77) £10 on............£141 back and lastly, backing Huddersfield £10 on...............£17 back
What if Peterbrough let you down? I'm tempted to go big stakes on Man Utd. I've lost alot on the horses today and tempted to try and win it back through Man Utd 90 minutes. Opinions? :hope 1/2 @ WillHill

Also second legs normally produce more cards' date=' especially when two equally strong teams play each other. Red card is available @ 3.50-4.00 which might be a good pick.[/quote'] Got it @4 on bdaq, now I hope Chivu, Ribery and friends won't disappoint me :drums

What if Peterbrough let you down? I'm tempted to go big stakes on Man Utd. I've lost alot on the horses today and tempted to try and win it back through Man Utd 90 minutes. Opinions? :hope 1/2 @ WillHill
Looking through the thread, Utd to win seems to be a bet a fair few are taking. Just make sure you are confident of them getting the result, and not basing it all on winning back the money you lost on the horses. :hope for whatever you choose.

Opinions? :hope 1/2 @ WillHill
The only person that can tell you what to do with your money is you :ok There are two pages previously discussing United V Marseille......I think the world and his wife is on United, but it's whether you think they are value @ 1.50'ish.

Whether or not you then want to put them into an accumulator is really down to individual choice. Many punters prefer to stick to singles or the occasional double' date=' but there are some who make multiples pay. Just remember that bookies love to see a slip with an accy on it - the more teams the merrier - as it increases the chances of at least one selection letting you down.[/quote'] Accas should be for fun purposes only - you pay a terrible overround on them. Bookies would be extremely happy if everyone gambled on accas.

Event Manchester vs Marseille
Selection Marseille
Strength 5/10
Date 15/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 8.37
Reasoning The second leg of 1/8 finals of CL. The first one finished with a draw and not a very powerfull performance by any team. We all know that Manchester is unbeaten on home ground in 20 - something games but this is a competition everyone in last 16 can win(remember Porto some time ago) and 1 goal can make a huge difference. Marchester has shown some pathetic defending lately without Vidic and Ferdinand that cost them @ Liverpool and Chelsea. Vidic is back but we will see how he does with Smalling and O` Shea. Besides Vidic, Manchester has other players back threw injury(Nani, Valencia, ) and will have to prove that they are as capable as before injuries. Still they miss Ferdinand, Park, Owen, Anderson. Marseille has important Gignac and Valbuena back to strieghten the attack but miss Brandao and Azpilicueta. Marseille has shown some great away form and killer counter lately while they won last 4/5 away games. Even Ferguson has worries as was compeled to watch the last Marseille away games to prepare for this match. Marseille`s coach Deschamps is the last Marseille player to see his team win the CL some time ago and could just perform a miracle this time. If Marseille scores once it could be big trouble for ManU as they have not shown great games lately so will have to count on fantastic games from Berba and Ronnie. Big hazard bet.