UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March

Mustafa

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March

Is there ever a guarantee anyone ever will score :unsure
Thank you for clarifying, some readers might have overlooked that it was a figure of speech referring to the likeliness of the event, misinterpreting it as real guarantees backed by insurance companies.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March AC Milan to qualify @ 3.5 4/10 A speculative punt for me, as much as I would love to see Harry take his boys further in the Champions League I think it would be foolish to dismiss AC Milans chances in this tie. Their pedigree in this competition is unquestionable, they have a squad littered with seasoned winners at this level. They know what it takes to get a tough result when its needed. Spurs are complete unknowns at this level and although their story has been fantastic this season we all know that Milan do have the quality to nick the result they need to progress. They are sitting top of Serie A for a reason, this is a tough squad and this tie is far from over. An early goal for Milan will swing this tie hugely in the favour of the Rossonieri and at 3.5 I think the price is more than decent. A speculative bet but one which I feel has a chance.

Tottenham will smash em fast and hard and long with uncontrollable ecstasy coming from the stands of White Hart Lane. Old and useless Seedorf has to play at the heart of the Milan midfield :nana Look at this absentee list for Milan: Boateng out. (thanks Melo :cheers) Pirlo out. Ambrosini out. Van Bommel cup tied. Emanuelson out. Cassano cup tied. Gattuso suspended. Antonini out. Zambrotta out. Inzaghi out. Bonera out. Strasser very doubtful. Merkel very doubtful. Pato doubtful. Oddo very doubtful. Tottenham has all their big guns back including Bale, Van der Vaart and Modric capable of playing the full 90 minutes. Defoe is back in form after yesterday's brace against Wolves. I think the price on Tottenham winning in 90 minutes is outstanding at 2.30 on Betfair. I'm also joining -1 goal Tottenham handicap with William Hill at 16/5.
Pato missed the match against Juventus with flu.I don't think that he will be out on Wednesday.

AC Milan to qualify @ 3.5 4/10 A speculative punt for me, as much as I would love to see Harry take his boys further in the Champions League I think it would be foolish to dismiss AC Milans chances in this tie. Their pedigree in this competition is unquestionable, they have a squad littered with seasoned winners at this level. They know what it takes to get a tough result when its needed. Spurs are complete unknowns at this level and although their story has been fantastic this season we all know that Milan do have the quality to nick the result they need to progress. They are sitting top of Serie A for a reason, this is a tough squad and this tie is far from over. An early goal for Milan will swing this tie hugely in the favour of the Rossonieri and at 3.5 I think the price is more than decent. A speculative bet but one which I feel has a chance.
Milan is well known CL unit, winning many trophies in the past and winning against Juventus on Saturday could give them a huge boost in London, BUT still they are without too many important figures. Their midfield is missing Boateng, Pirlo, Gattuso and they will struggle vs Tottenham.Pato and Merkel will be used , but Modric , Defoe, Bale will all be back and Sandro is doing very well in cm. I think Milan will lose the midfield fight again, Tottenham will own that area in their court and Milan yet again will have attackers on their own and defenders on their own with no midfield support. Milan must attack and probably score a goal,Tottenham just got a 3-3 draw against Wolves so that means all is not right in their defensive department too, but their midfield and flanks are still very efficient. Im going for Over 2.5 2.02 @ Pinnacle. :hope

Milan is well known CL unit, winning many trophies in the past and winning against Juventus on Saturday could give them a huge boost in London, BUT still they are without too many important figures. Their midfield is missing Boateng, Pirlo, Gattuso and they will struggle vs Tottenham.Pato and Merkel will be used , but Modric , Defoe, Bale will all be back and Sandro is doing very well in cm. I think Milan will lose the midfield fight again, Tottenham will own that area in their court and Milan yet again will have attackers on their own and defenders on their own with no midfield support. Milan must attack and probably score a goal,Tottenham just got a 3-3 draw against Wolves so that means all is not right in their defensive department too, but their midfield and flanks are still very efficient. Im going for Over 2.5 2.02 @ Pinnacle. :hope
Does anyboday know whether Bale is able to play.It was said that he will be out,then yesterday he sat on the bench.

Does anyboday know whether Bale is able to play.It was said that he will be out' date='then yesterday he sat on the bench.[/quote'] He will play 100%. He got 20 mins against Wolves, showing his usual blistering pace like he was on vacation not injured. :dude

AC Milan to qualify @ 3.5 4/10 They are sitting top of Serie A for a reason.
Rafa Benitez/Serie A is crap at the moment? Why do the Milan backers use past glories as a reason? Was that really a typical, intimidating Milan side in the first leg? I think using past success as a reason to back Milan would be like backing a Leeds or Forest to win, if they were going to a Premier League team in the cup :unsure

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March I think Milan are a better team than they showed in their first leg, probably got one of the best front three in Europe in my opinion. Although Tottenham seem to rise to the occassion in these Champions League games as was shown by their display at the San Siro. There's also the added bonus of both Bale and Van Der Vaat being likely to play at least some part in this game. The odds look spot on to me, can understand why people are on Spurs here but I wouldn't totally rule out Milan in this one. Thinking of Laying the draw in this one to be honest.

Don't cross out AC Milan so easily guys. They have always had old men in their lines but it didn't stop them to win 2 CL titles in the last 10 years and to participate in one more final. Ibra and Pato(if fit) surely know how to score and Tottenham do not have the best defence around which was proven once again against Wolves. Defoe is not in his top form for sure no matter he scored 2 against Wolves' date=' Bale is just coming back after an injury, same goes for Van der Vaart if manages to recover at all. Spurs got 3 goals in their sheet in each of their last two games so 2.20 doesn't look like a value to me. Milan is coiming after 3:0 against Napoli and away 1:0 against Juve. Bear that in mind although Serie A is quite far from the quality of EPL.[/quote'] i totally agree:ok the value is certainly on Milan-they are a completely different team when they play for CL i like very much Milan AH +0,25 @ 2,01 in Pinnacle but i ll wait to see more opinions one more concern:why the bookis consider under 2,5 more probable than over 2,5?some of the best strikers in european football and worst defences in the same time...:eek

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March This year AC Milan can be champion, and I think for them it's more important than the CL! (All coachs tell you that you lose points in championship before or after a CL game) This fact plus the lack of some key players for AC Milan (in midfield) plus the english mentality of attack to win (no just wait a 0-0 draw) --> i see some value on Spurs. The draw will not be impossible, i put it on a trixie bet with an another draw and a high odd win, to secure the bet on Spurs) ps: sorry for my english ^^

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March It's no secret that I'd love to see Milan trash Spurs and shut those English journo's up momentarily - but I'm also not fond of losing money. There is one tactical factor that Allegri must get 'right' for me to bet on them in any way in this match - Silva must play CB with Nesta. Together they are one of the best partnerships and Silva will deal with Spurs' pace a lot more than Yepes will. This is an absolute must for me. Obviously their main issue is the midfield options. Here are the available/semi-available options: Flamini, Seedorf, Merkel, Strasser, Jankulovski, Silva. It's not good by any means. One thing Milan have handled well in their past two games is wing play. Napoli and Juventus both play down the wings and Milan countered that very well by using the two wider CM's as additional cover for defending the wings. Granted Tottenham's wingers are better, but the principle is the same. It would only be logical for Allegri to follow this approach through into this game. The personnel is not ideal but Flamini will certainly be one of those covering players. Two more slots left and Jankulovski may be the other covering player. Jank is a natural LB but has played the LCM position before - but this is dependent on Zambrotta playing which is possible (he has been in training). Could still be done with Antonini as LB. If Jankulovski plays LB anyway then Merkel could play that role. He is an attacking player and it would really test his discipline but he is young and energetic. Seedorf or Strasser could also play that same position. The DM position is widely touted as being Seedorf's due to the fact that he wont be able to run fast enough to cover either wing. That is all too true and his lack of pace (if he plays) will be the biggest danger to Milan's D. I'd like to see Strasser play there myself, but everyone expects Seedorf. He is a vastly experienced and intelligent player but his lack of pace could be too much given that the other CM's when defending will be primarily concerned with locating Lennon and Bale. Personally I would like to see a Flamini, Strasser, Merkel midfield. It may not even be possible as it seems every Milan players is in a last-ditch rush for fitness. However I would expect it to go two ways: If Zambrotta is fit - Flamini, Seedorf, Jankulovski. If not and Jank is LB - Flamini, Seedorf, Merkel. The front three haven't actually been setting the world alight for quite some time. Ibra hasn't looked himself for a month or so but being who he is he will always take the majority of defenders attention. That's beneficial for Pato who has been electric for a couple of weeks. Suffered from flu at the weekend but will definitely play, though he may not be full condition. Whether Tottenham do attack from the off (which I doubt they will), or take a defensive counter approach they will operate through the wings. I think Allegri has options to better cope with that this time and Milan will have to adapt with either their own counter game, or play with the ball depending on how Spurs play. I do expect a to and fro sort of game. Milan's biggest weapon could be that Tottenham have everything to lose. They came to San Siro and won 1-0 and now are heavy favourites to progress. Milan have nothing to lose (in a sense) and will like that. Milan will not be nervous at all. 7 CL titles etc. is not that relevant but Nesta, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Jankulovski and Ibra to a lesser degree are all vastly experienced and have won lots of big trophies. Spurs have some individual experience but as a unit I think they could get a little nervy IF Milan show they are able to handle their wing play. I'm pretty sure Milan wont get trashed, but it is all up to Allegri. Abate and Flamini covering Tottenham's left flank with Jank and one more covering the left AND Silva/Nesta as CB's will mean they'll cover Spurs a lot better than people are expecting. From there it is only 1-0 and I'm pretty sure Milan will fancy themselves scoring against Tottenham. I apologise for the amount of rambling in my post, along with many ifs and buts. I have been thinking about this match so much for the last few days. I probably wont know my bets for sure until tomorrow at the earliest if Allegri lets us in on some details but maybe not even until I see the line-ups. MIIIIIIIIIILAN! MIIIIIIIIIIILAN! MIIIIIIIIIIIILAN!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March I can't see past Spurs on wednesday..Milan are looking tired and old now and with van der Vart looking like he will return and the return of Bale i feel the pace of Spurs will prove too much so i'm pretty confident of a home win. 1-0 Tottenham at 7/1 in hills is worth a small wager .

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March What do you guys think about the other match. I like Valencia to qualify @2.10 Bet365. Schalke were really lucky to score that goal out of nothing at Mestalla. Valencia have the quality up front so scoring shouldn't be a problem, the bad defence is the thing that worries me.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March A couple speculative punts on the spurs game from me. I would love to see Tottenham progress into the next round but I just think that Ac will pull off a shock performance at whl. No real reasoning for my selections just a going with big odds and a gut feeling. Ac Milan to qualify in extra time @ 40/1 (Bet365) Ac Milan to qualify on Pens @ 25/1 (Bet365)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March I'm also thinking on valencia to qualify pick, hope they can jump poor schalke, valencia showed more in CL then schalke did, and they don't have complexes of away games, really i'm pretty confident with high pressure in midfield and fast through wings playing they'll get something

I'm also thinking on valencia to qualify pick' date=' hope they can jump poor schalke, valencia showed more in CL then schalke did, and they don't have complexes of away games, really i'm pretty confident with high pressure in midfield and fast through wings playing they'll get something[/quote'] Possible.There are many rumours that Magath will be fired at the end of the season.It doesn't matter if he reaches the next round in the Champions League.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March I can't see Milan winning , just too many problems. They had their chance in the first leg and If Spurs get an early goal here Milan's spirits could drop and they may resort to rugby tackles and roundhousing. They're best chance of scoring imo is a corner or set piece and i can see them targeting Gomez as such. Spurs will need Crouch and tough defending to help prevent this as Gomez can be such a dumbass at times. I think Roma could tire easily as well if things don't start off well. Huge task for both Italian teams and i'll give the home sides a try. Spurs Shaktar double i think is fair value. Good luck.

It's no secret that I'd love to see Milan trash Spurs and shut those English journo's up momentarily - but I'm also not fond of losing money. There is one tactical factor that Allegri must get 'right' for me to bet on them in any way in this match - Silva must play CB with Nesta. Together they are one of the best partnerships and Silva will deal with Spurs' pace a lot more than Yepes will. This is an absolute must for me. Obviously their main issue is the midfield options. Here are the available/semi-available options: Flamini, Seedorf, Merkel, Strasser, Jankulovski, Silva. It's not good by any means. One thing Milan have handled well in their past two games is wing play. Napoli and Juventus both play down the wings and Milan countered that very well by using the two wider CM's as additional cover for defending the wings. Granted Tottenham's wingers are better, but the principle is the same. It would only be logical for Allegri to follow this approach through into this game. The personnel is not ideal but Flamini will certainly be one of those covering players. Two more slots left and Jankulovski may be the other covering player. Jank is a natural LB but has played the LCM position before - but this is dependent on Zambrotta playing which is possible (he has been in training). Could still be done with Antonini as LB. If Jankulovski plays LB anyway then Merkel could play that role. He is an attacking player and it would really test his discipline but he is young and energetic. Seedorf or Strasser could also play that same position. The DM position is widely touted as being Seedorf's due to the fact that he wont be able to run fast enough to cover either wing. That is all too true and his lack of pace (if he plays) will be the biggest danger to Milan's D. I'd like to see Strasser play there myself, but everyone expects Seedorf. He is a vastly experienced and intelligent player but his lack of pace could be too much given that the other CM's when defending will be primarily concerned with locating Lennon and Bale. Personally I would like to see a Flamini, Strasser, Merkel midfield. It may not even be possible as it seems every Milan players is in a last-ditch rush for fitness. However I would expect it to go two ways: If Zambrotta is fit - Flamini, Seedorf, Jankulovski. If not and Jank is LB - Flamini, Seedorf, Merkel. The front three haven't actually been setting the world alight for quite some time. Ibra hasn't looked himself for a month or so but being who he is he will always take the majority of defenders attention. That's beneficial for Pato who has been electric for a couple of weeks. Suffered from flu at the weekend but will definitely play, though he may not be full condition. Whether Tottenham do attack from the off (which I doubt they will), or take a defensive counter approach they will operate through the wings. I think Allegri has options to better cope with that this time and Milan will have to adapt with either their own counter game, or play with the ball depending on how Spurs play. I do expect a to and fro sort of game. Milan's biggest weapon could be that Tottenham have everything to lose. They came to San Siro and won 1-0 and now are heavy favourites to progress. Milan have nothing to lose (in a sense) and will like that. Milan will not be nervous at all. 7 CL titles etc. is not that relevant but Nesta, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Jankulovski and Ibra to a lesser degree are all vastly experienced and have won lots of big trophies. Spurs have some individual experience but as a unit I think they could get a little nervy IF Milan show they are able to handle their wing play. I'm pretty sure Milan wont get trashed, but it is all up to Allegri. Abate and Flamini covering Tottenham's left flank with Jank and one more covering the left AND Silva/Nesta as CB's will mean they'll cover Spurs a lot better than people are expecting. From there it is only 1-0 and I'm pretty sure Milan will fancy themselves scoring against Tottenham. I apologise for the amount of rambling in my post, along with many ifs and buts. I have been thinking about this match so much for the last few days. I probably wont know my bets for sure until tomorrow at the earliest if Allegri lets us in on some details but maybe not even until I see the line-ups. MIIIIIIIIIILAN! MIIIIIIIIIIILAN! MIIIIIIIIIIIILAN!
Milan need Ibra to have a big game, he is the player with the game to hurt what is still a fairly fragile Spurs backline, Pato looks alright on occasion and has bag loads of ability but seems to drift in and out of games like Robinho..the midfield is where Milan has the big problems imo, Spurs have a top 4 midfield and plenty of options, I expect them to line up: --------------------Gomes----------------- Hutton/Corluka----Dawson---Gallas-----BAE ------------Sandro--------Modric---------- --Lennon----------------------------Bale-- -----------------VDV--------------------- -------------------Crouch----------------- Think Bale/VDV will start Harry has confirmed as much today, Crouch is also likely to start despite Defoe's two goals at the weekend. Hutton is a def weak spot at the back, lets people cross the ball too easily but Milan don't really play this way I don't think (not sure if Corluka is fit or not, far better defensively), still any defence that concedes 6 in two games against relegation candidates away cannot be seen to be good at the back, Milan have a chance if they can keep Spurs out at the other end..don't think they can though. I want to take a Spurs win but am a bit undecided as yet, Milan are top of Serie A which although not as strong a league as it has been in previous years still has to be respected..you could also factor in that Milan have won only 2 of their last 12 CL games both home and away, the glory days were a few years ago now for them. You are wrong if you think Spurs will go in with a defensive mindset, they won't, they cannot play this way. Sandro has been brilliant the last few weeks and is a good foil for Modric one of the best midfielders in europe. Lennon and Bale obviously have pace to burn which will prob become more of a factor as the game goes on, and VDV is one of the best players in the league. The more I write the more I convince myself there is only one winner in this one, Milan were terrible in the first leg and offered very little. I just don't think they have enough energy to compete with Spurs who are v.strong at home. I have nothing against Italian football although it is easy to come across that way when you are writing negative things about the side that are top of its league! Not bet as yet, will see how tonight goes considering I have a lot layed out, will prob go: Tottenham -1AH - 3.35 (bet365) Over 3 Goals - 2.6 (bet365) Both good odds bets imo..

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Schalke 04 - Cf Valencia: In Germany many people think of the bid change after the 0:1 win against Bayern Munich last week. I do not think so. Tomorrow Schalke 04 must make more for the game not like in Munich and in Valencia by hoping that their oponent will not score. That will be their problem. This team will not be able to kick strong Valencia out of Champions League. I am pretty sure that Valencia will score at least once tomorrow.Schalke will have many problems up front Huntelaar is injured and they are poor when they have to score. What i know is that the Spanish team is physically stronger than Schalke. When the game will go to additional time i strongly belief that Valencia will go through. Felix Magath is a good coach but is hated by the fans more and more it is speculated that he is out in summer. Bet on Valencia @2,15 to qualify cashpoint.at:ok

Schalke 04 - Cf Valencia: In Germany many people think of the bid change after the 0:1 win against Bayern Munich last week. I do not think so. Tomorrow Schalke 04 must make more for the game not like in Munich and in Valencia by hoping that their oponent will not score. That will be their problem. This team will not be able to kick strong Valencia out of Champions League. I am pretty sure that Valencia will score at least once tomorrow.Schalke will have many problems up front Huntelaar is injured and they are poor when they have to score. What i know is that the Spanish team is physically stronger than Schalke. When the game will go to additional time i strongly belief that Valencia will go through. Felix Magath is a good coach but is hated by the fans more and more it is speculated that he is out in summer. Bet on Valencia @2,15 to qualify cashpoint.at:ok
Yes,you are right.They are rumours that Magath will be fired at the end of the season but if they lose against Frankfurt,he will get fired directly. I like the odds for Valencia to qualify as well.Schalke was better than Munich,no doubt for me.Munich had noch 100% chance.On saturday ad they faced Stuttgart,they were really unlucky to receive a red card after 14 minutes which was nothing.Huntelaar will be out.He didn't score since november but he is one of their two best strikers. I even think that Valencia will reach the next round in regular time.Therefore I will place a few points on direct win,too.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March KPB trained with the squad today. I think if he is anywhere near 'riskable' they will go for it as he is the most obvious link between midfield and attack. Zambrotta, Strasser, Merkel are all in the squad too. I'm just going to wait for a line-up as I'm tired of second guessing this Milan team.

Yes,you are right.They are rumours that Magath will be fired at the end of the season but if they lose against Frankfurt,he will get fired directly. I like the odds for Valencia to qualify as well.Schalke was better than Munich,no doubt for me.Munich had noch 100% chance.On saturday ad they faced Stuttgart,they were really unlucky to receive a red card after 14 minutes which was nothing.Huntelaar will be out.He didn't score since november but he is one of their two best strikers. I even think that Valencia will reach the next round in regular time.Therefore I will place a few points on direct win,too.
so then lets hope for Valencia to go through:nana

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Tottenham v AC Milan: Tottenham @ 5/4 5pts Tottenham - 1 @ 10/3 2.5pts Both with 888Sport I reckon Spurs can see off Milan in the 90 minutes in this one. At some point Milan will need to push forward in search of an equaliser and the extra pace in the Spurs team can end the Italian's interest in this years Champions League. Bale got some playing time at the weekend and looked lively although not as sharp as usual which is understandable. He and Lennon will be key in the result of this match. I know how Redknapp works and he will get his players well up for this, he loves the big games himself. Spurs have beaten this handicap in every Champions League game they have played at White Hart Lane (4-0 v Young Boys, 4-1 v FC Twente, 3-1 v Inter and 3-0 v Werder Bremen) Stat: Milan have only won one of 14 previous away matches in England. (Soccerbase)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Tottenham - Milan I see people here suggesting Milan to qualify. Will it happens? Probably. Bettingwise is it the best option to look at in this game? Absolutely not, in my opinion. Peoples seem to be influenced by Milan taking out Juve and Napoli lately, as well as by its historical name. Juve is an easy prey nowadays, Lecce managed to score even two goals, one more than Milan. As regarding Napoli's game, well a tired team from midweek game in EL, and still holding good in the first half, till Zlatan killed it with the penalty. And since I mentioned Ibrahimovic, have you seen the guy lately? He hasn't scored in like seven games now, dropping in form as well. All the missing are posted above, and I see a bad line up there; three forwards backed by Seedorf, leaving the rest of the team to deal with Tottenham 4-5-1 speedy formation. Milan has to reinvent its midfield, Flamini and Merkel (no experience in Europe) on the wings, and if things get ugly probably Thiago Silva to move up on ranks and play not on his natural position. Tottenham has lost only once in like 25 home games in Premier League. This lost was registered seven months ago, and if one checks the goals received at home, then the rate is less than one goal/game. I don't know what else to add here, probably that all four of the CL home games were won by 3 goals difference to each adversary. Let's be frank about it, the italian footie is way behind in physical to the english one. So two teams in front of each-other, one with an emergency line up, the other with a strong formation. One a wild beast at home, the other throwing on pitch old men and unexperienced youngsters. One with a full stadium suport and coming highly entusiastic and motivated after inflicting wounds in the first game, the other leaving Merkel to deal with Bale (Maicon can say more here). Think of an arena, gentlemen, and which one of the two gladiators will you back, when you have all these facts. I expected the odds to go even higher, however it's good as they are now. Totenham @ 2.25 expekt middle stake

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March What do you guys think about red card in Tottenham - Milan game. Tottenham will attack and Bale and Lennon will dominate on the flanks. Some key players will be missing for Milan and it is hard for me to see how back up players will be able to hold a player like Bale. William Hill offers it @ 4.50 which I consider to be a good price.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March I found a better bet if you are willing to back Tottenham. Tottenham scored at least 3 goals in their home games in Champions League this season and I can see them doing the same against Milan. Tottenham Over 1.5 Goals is available @ 2.20 with Ladbrokes, which IMO can cover unlikely outcome like 2-2 draw or Milan win in a high scoring game. Over 2.5 goals also looks good. There are plenty of good markets to chose from and most of them are available @ price over than 2.00.

Tottenham -1AH - 3.35 (bet365) Over 3 Goals - 2.6 (bet365) Both good odds bets imo..
Totenham @ 2.25 expekt middle stake
Tottenham won they last 4 home games in Champions League (including qualification round game against Young Boys) and did so by 2 or more goals I can see them doing the same against depleted Milan. Tottenham @ 2.25 Ladbrokes Tottenham -1 AH @ 3.35 Bet365