** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PokerPlayer Gala UK Tour - next up - Grand Final - Birmingham

AlunB

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PokerPlayer Gala UK Tour - Leeds in Play - 2xPLers on Final Table

With Dave488's history of finishing 6th' date=' i've sent him a kind text to ask him to sit out :D[/quote'] Wow....my texts work! We say goodbye to Ernest Thomas. 5 left at the Final Table.:nana

Re: PokerPlayer Gala UK Tour - Leeds in Play - 2xPLers on Final Table very well played guys, and what a sick way to go out Beano, :\:\ it was good to meet everyone again and also got to meet a couple of guys i have spoken to for years online. Fenners had the usual SB vs BB battle you usually see online with KK vs AA :loon and then shoved his last 2k with JJ and lost to K9 :spank:spank i played badly in the end, got sucked in like an amateur (dont say a word),i had hit top pair on the flop with a flush draw but lost to AA which was played well pre-flop :wall will think about the next one,Teeside i believe.

Re: PokerPlayer Gala UK Tour - Leeds in Play - 2xPLers on Final Table 1. Gary Hill £5,000 2. David Stannard £2,870 3. Dave O’Connor £1,740 ...4. Helen Aspinall £1,260 5. John Hicks £890 6. Ernest Thomas £650 7. Jarrod Hollingdrake £540 8. Sean Scott £470 9. Peter Crawford £400 10. Rudolf Paluch £150

I was hoping to make my 19000th post as an anouncemnet of one of the PL 3 winning the event.....they let me down:wall
ah well, soz Morls. Happy with my ninth place :ok and with donating my chips to Beano JJ v QQ on going out. Well done both Daves on your wins. Roll on the next one :nana

1. Gary Hill £5,000 2. David Stannard £2,870 3. Dave O’Connor £1,740 ...4. Helen Aspinall £1,260 5. John Hicks £890 6. Ernest Thomas £650 7. Jarrod Hollingdrake £540 8. Sean Scott £470 9. Peter Crawford £400 10. Rudolf Paluch £150
Only Top 10 paid from 150+ entries? a tad harsh isn't it? Although I suppose what you lose in numbers you gain in value top end. Great running guys, v ul at the end there but you did us all proud once again. :ok

Only Top 10 paid from 150+ entries? a tad harsh isn't it? Although I suppose what you lose in numbers you gain in value top end. Great running guys, v ul at the end there but you did us all proud once again. :ok
thats very harsh, it was 15 paid in Bristol (as agreed) and 12 paid in Edinburgh, should have been at least 15 paid,10% of field,hope that gets changed for the next leg

thats very harsh' date=' it was 15 paid in Bristol (as agreed) and 12 paid in Edinburgh, should have been at least 15 paid,10% of field,hope that gets changed for the next leg[/quote'] The top 15 were paid and the bubble got $100 i believe into their coral account, think the payout structure winsome posted was correct down to 9th, but there were a few £300 payouts. I obviously had a good day and got my fair share of cards during the day, unfortunately it seemed everytime i raised on the final table people woke up with hands behind me. Hopefully i will manage to win one of these things one day:hope Sounds like the other Dave took a horrendous bad beat, unlucky m8, but really well played, hopefully the poker gods will be shining on you next time you go deep in one of these:ok Was good to meet up with everyone and hopefully i'll see you all in Teeside, the tourney certainly has a good structure and allows for a fair bit of play, but i wish they would put the buffet back a bit, 3pm is far too early as most people have had something before they come and then you are left starving later on.:wall

Re: PokerPlayer Gala UK Tour - Leeds in Play - 2xPLers on Final Table Well played Dave,Dave & Pete.:clap:clap:clap It was good to see a few old faces and meet some new ones I certainly think for 3 of our players to make the final table says an awful lot about the quality we have on here and hopefully someone can take it down in teesside. I'll certainly be trying to qualify and hope to see a few plers there.:hope:hope

Re: PokerPlayer Gala UK Tour - Leeds in Play - 3xPLers on Final Table Well played to those who cashed. i finished 98th or something like that, was sat next to kromehead for a while without knowing it. Until i went mad with JQ spades. Not sure i can handle the live game. Met ThePokerPad too. Hopefully catch up with a few more of you should i ever delve into the live arena again..

very well played guys, and what a sick way to go out Beano, :\:\ it was good to meet everyone again and also got to meet a couple of guys i have spoken to for years online. Fenners had the usual SB vs BB battle you usually see online with KK vs AA :loon and then shoved his last 2k with JJ and lost to K9 :spank:spank i played badly in the end, got sucked in like an amateur (dont say a word),i had hit top pair on the flop with a flush draw but lost to AA which was played well pre-flop :wall will think about the next one,Teeside i believe.
Nice to have met u there m8 even tho we were all out before the buffet it was a good weekend away from family life for a while lol:cheers

Re: PokerPlayer Gala UK Tour - Leeds in Play - 3xPLers on Final Table Massive congrats guys! Surely only a matter of time before a PL winner in one of these. I can't wait for the Teeside leg. I might actually get to play in that one...

Re: PokerPlayer Gala UK Tour - Leeds in Play - 3xPLers on Final Table Cheers All, first pint is on me at Teeside! Good to see so many PLers turn out. Thanks and very happy with the cash as don't get to play too much live.These have been great value sats online and structure to play. Just went to Leeds with the intention of beating my attemps at the previous 2 legs. It wasn't going to be too hard really, 1st out at Bristol as i won a seat but didn't go and 2nd out at Edinburgh after some nice hands but missing every flop on a very aggressive table. So on to my local LeedsGalafor the 3rd leg. Got my hands burnt first pot I played, 2nd level when called a raise with AJ suited, came jack high flop, Q turn, 6 river and i unwillingly passed over more than 1/3 of my chips to his Kings! Thought I needed to tighten up abit or might not be much of an improvement! Key moment for me level 4 raised to 1000 with AK suited,guy reraised to 2650 so either allin or fold with 4.5k stack called his Jacks , Jack on flop so was putting my coat on but hit a straight, phew! can honestly I don't think he was too happy though! Too be honest from there I was ultra tight and got Aces at the right time a couple of times and they held! Even once in the big blind when a couple of players including me mucked cards in error ,the dealer dropped a card but nobody actually saw it.Bit of confusion as to whether action had taken place or not as utg 1/2 folded and no chips were actually put in play.Don't get that online. Should have took the eventual winner out when 22 left ,he is pretty short and pushed utg, folded to me mid position with AQ ,but would have been crippled and with 4 left to react deliberation folded with another shorty calling with 33. he shows 6's and flop comes AQ8! double AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH. Down to 19 with 16 getting prizes and 2 allins on about same average as me and I get cowboys,never gonna fold, but been there on the bubble too many times any get done! lucky Im facing AJ and AK and it holds. Confidence grows and you can relax abit once your in the money. Final table 3 PLers in for the win? sorry Morls, not to be! unlucky Chromehead JJ v my QQ on a 6 high paired flop. Sure Dave will agree very errattic and odd play on final table and after an hour or so trying to peg a few chips off the leader 3 handed, I called his allin with K10 suited Diamonds knowing his range was infinate and blinds massive! hes got Kc10h, happy to be very slight favorite but as happens 2hearts on the flop and runner runner hearts for the flush! GG and goodnight!! Big thanks again to all and still room for improvement! I only didn't win it so one of you can be the first at Teeside so come on and GL all !

Re: PokerPlayer Gala UK Tour - Leeds in Play - 3xPLers on Final Table After qualifying for Leeds I carried on playing the satellites for the $25 Final tickets and racked up 3 x $25 seats intending to use them to qualify for Teeside event. Now the Teeside Finals are live, but my tickets have vanished. On previous occasions these tickets 'rolled over' to the next event. One thing that annoys me with ongame, there is nowhere to check tickets/seats won. I have emailed their poker manager twice, so far nowt! :sad

Re: PokerPlayer Gala UK Tour - Leeds in Play - 3xPLers on Final Table That happened to me too Spit with the Bristol one. Think I was still holding 2x online final tickets and actually received an email from their support confirming that they could be carried over, but ofc they never did. Come to think of it, I should still in theory also be holding a CBMPT tour ticket if that ever kicks off again too. Think I did receive 1x complimentary one when I took the trouble to notify them of errors in the tournament lobbies, but even that took 3x phone calls. Gave up after that tbh, like to support these platforms, but loyalty needs to work both ways. Edit: With Bristol from memory online finals were $22, now changed to $25 so probably slightly diff issue to yours, but would be still interested in knowing what happened to them. Harsh to lose any without proper communication or compensation etc.