** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PL Exclusive - DTD Polo Shirt Giveaway - every Thursday in Jan - last one on 27th

morlspin

PL Exclusive - DTD Polo Shirt Giveaway - every Thursday in Jan - last one on 27th  

1. 1.

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Polo Shirt Giveaway - every Thursday in Jan - 1 of 4 tonight Karl, he is entitled to his opinion and if he chooses not to play that is his choice,unfortunatley some people cant see the bigger picture in the fact times are hard and it is extremely hard work,mainly on Graeme`s part, to convince poker sites to give anything away,if we can prove we can get 20 plus players on a regular basis then we might get something a bit more substantial in the long term. hopefully Scooper will read this and change his mind.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Polo Shirt Giveaway - every Thursday in Jan - 1 of 4 tonight The point of these games is simple..... I have been sent 12 polo shirts and instead of just giving them to the regulars i decided to have 4 games, 2 free and 2 buy in, to give 3 away in each one. The fact that it was a freeroll for a polo shirt should have given the game away, but hey, thats life, if ya dont wanna play, you dont have to. Thanks to the lads that have posted up, I am trying my best to build community spirit by putting small stakes games on with a few freebies thrown in, you just cant please everyone.:ok

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Polo Shirt Giveaway - every Thursday in Jan - 1 of 4 tonight Each to their own. I personally just like playing poker. The chance to spend an hour or two on a hobby I enjoy with friendly like minded guys & girls is always +ve to me. Added to that the standard of play is higher than I'm used to so my own game should hopefully improve and yes of course the added value is very much appreciated too. Roll on the next game, have deposited in readiness to take part. Best regards, Bart p.s. That's fine with me Morls, easier for you that way.

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Polo Shirt Giveaway - every Thursday in Jan - 1 of 4 tonight

Each to their own. I personally just like playing poker. The chance to spend an hour or two on a hobby I enjoy with friendly like minded guys & girls is always +ve to me. Added to that the standard of play is higher than I'm used to so my own game should hopefully improve and yes of course the added value is very much appreciated too. Roll on the next game, have deposited in readiness to take part.
well said :clap:clap:clap

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Polo Shirt Giveaway - every Thursday in Jan - 1 of 4 tonight

Dates = 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th January Buy in = 2 x Freerolls, 2 x €3 buy ins Prizes = 3 x polo shirts given away to top 3 in each game and any cash as per normal payouts
Can you confirm which dates are the buy-ins and which is the freeroll please, so I can get them in the diary. Nothing in lobby yet.

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Polo Shirt Giveaway - every Thursday in Jan - 1 of 4 tonight Yes I've read it and haven't changed my mind. There's such a thing as selling yourself cheap. A precedent has been established and word may spread that PL loyalty can be bought for a few poxy polo shirts. DTD had(maybe still has) a ridiculously high rake at their live venue so we shouldn't be suprised their generousity isn't overwhelming. I'm not the Anti - Christ I just voice what a lot of other people think! Anyone desperate can get a polo shirt at Matalan for £2.99 incidently.

Karl, he is entitled to his opinion and if he chooses not to play that is his choice,unfortunatley some people cant see the bigger picture in the fact times are hard and it is extremely hard work,mainly on Graeme`s part, to convince poker sites to give anything away,if we can prove we can get 20 plus players on a regular basis then we might get something a bit more substantial in the long term. hopefully Scooper will read this and change his mind.

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Polo Shirt Giveaway - every Thursday in Jan - 1 of 4 tonight I'm curious as to what exactly you thought you were playing for? As for 'selling yourself cheap', you have made a pretty good job of doing that, making yourself out to be a bit foolish and a tad ungrateful in the process.

Yes I've read it and haven't changed my mind. There's such a thing as selling yourself cheap. A precedent has been established and word may spread that PL loyalty can be bought for a few poxy polo shirts. DTD had(maybe still has) a ridiculously high rake at their live venue so we shouldn't be suprised their generousity isn't overwhelming. I'm not the Anti - Christ I just voice what a lot of other people think! Anyone desperate can get a polo shirt at Matalan for £2.99 incidently.
Doubt if many of us think of it like that but it probably is a valid point but one you should keep to youself and the other high-rollers on here;). A polo shirt to some is a nice wee prize they can show off to their mates and the game itself is just a wee get together for us to have a yarn for a change without the life changing sums of money normally involved:eyes Doubt if DTD is trying to buy online loyalty cheap as there website offers nothing that other network sites dont offer. They are and always will be a live venue.

Can you confirm which dates are the buy-ins and which is the freeroll please' date=' so I can get them in the diary. Nothing in lobby yet.[/quote'] Name of Events = PuntersLounge.com Promo Thursday 6th Jan = Freeroll with 2500 chips and 10 min blinds Thursday 13th Jan = $3+30 with 2500 chips and 10 min blinds Thursday 20th Jan = $5+50 with 2500 chips and 10 min blinds Thursday 27th Jan = Freeroll with 2500 chips and 10 min blinds

Yes I've read it and haven't changed my mind. There's such a thing as selling yourself cheap. A precedent has been established and word may spread that PL loyalty can be bought for a few poxy polo shirts. DTD had(maybe still has) a ridiculously high rake at their live venue so we shouldn't be suprised their generousity isn't overwhelming. I'm not the Anti - Christ I just voice what a lot of other people think! Anyone desperate can get a polo shirt at Matalan for £2.99 incidently.
Your getting a bit silly here mate and I want to put an end to this here and now. The 12 shirts were supposed to be for the Christmas Freeroll, they quite simply had a problem with the couriers and ended up being delayed due to the snow on the roads. I received them after the planned event and decided that instead of just dishing them out to my mates or to members on here who would appreciate them, to have a few small events where 3 would be given away in each one. DTD did not have to give me anything towards the freeroll, nor do we advertise them on the forum or have any sponsorships at this moment in time, so im at a loss as to how you think its buying loyalty? At the end of the day, they gave us 12 free polo shirts without any hassle, and without any stipulations, and i decided to make people play for them, DTD have an online room, so it makes sense to play there. With reference to DTD's charges.....their online charges are the same as every other member on the "Boss Network" and their club charges are higher due to the fact that they operate what can only be described as the best poker room in the country, if you want cheap rake and shit dealers, try your local pub game, if you want a classier venue, great dealers and tourney direction and a good poker experience, you must pay a little more I dont want to hear any more sniping or bitching in this thread, were just giving away 12 fckin polo shirts, if players dont want to play, they dont have to, but dont spoil the fun for those who do.

Name of Events = PuntersLounge.com Promo Thursday 6th Jan = Freeroll with 2500 chips and 10 min blinds Thursday 13th Jan = $3+30 with 2500 chips and 10 min blinds Thursday 20th Jan = $5+50 with 2500 chips and 10 min blinds Thursday 27th Jan = Freeroll with 2500 chips and 10 min blinds
Hi G just regged for tonights game but its free and not the $3+30 as stated :ok:ok:ok:ok

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Polo Shirt Giveaway - every Thursday in Jan - 2 of 4 on 13th

Sorry G going to explain the need to post on the day to be entered' date=' I dont get it unless PL is short of daily hits. (this is my post btw)[/quote'] Yeah Ed, ill explain as best i can.:ok Basically we want 2 things on PL at the moment, 1 is to get as many players as possible playing our games in order to get some bigger deals in the future and 2 is to get people posting again.:hope Were asking members to simply post up on the day of the event, a 2 second job, and in turn, they may then look around and post elsewhere too, if they dont, hey-ho, but if they do, the forum benefits.:D Other forums have used this to their advantage and their boards are usually full of replies, topics and everyones involved, so why not trial it here and see if it works? If its not wanted or liked by members, simply pm me with any concerns or problems, and ill do my best to act on them, at least the players who play will be active on the forum, and not just password thieves etc:ok Hope that explains it mate.