** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Franklin Templeton Shootout

RussP

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Justin Timberlake Open

Went for John Merrick e/w.... Only 1 top 10 this season but has a scoring average of 70.10, better than average driving distance, is a very accurate driver of the ball, hits better than average GIR, is a good scrambler and is still young enough, only 29 and his day will come, has a chance at a very big price. E/W @ 150/1 Betfred - 1/4 odds 5 places Also went for Kevin Na e/w.... Has had a decent year and is a very talented player. 3rd in the Northern Trust, 5th in the Wells Fargo, 9th in The Heritage and 10th in the PGA Championship. Good scoring average and a good scrambler, on his day is very exciting. E/W @ 60/1 Paddy Power - 1/4 odds 5 places
Brilliant well done - great win over nick hope you picked up a packet. Who ever you choose next week I am on! Hope the purple patch continues. Al

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck Tim Herron @ 210-1 [betfair] This tournament notorious for a player winner at 100-1+,and this guy blows hot and cold but has a good record around here
Very unlucky. Blew the place with that 7 :wall
Went for John Merrick e/w.... Only 1 top 10 this season but has a scoring average of 70.10, better than average driving distance, is a very accurate driver of the ball, hits better than average GIR, is a good scrambler and is still young enough, only 29 and his day will come, has a chance at a very big price. E/W @ 150/1 Betfred - 1/4 odds 5 places Also went for Kevin Na e/w.... Has had a decent year and is a very talented player. 3rd in the Northern Trust, 5th in the Wells Fargo, 9th in The Heritage and 10th in the PGA Championship. Good scoring average and a good scrambler, on his day is very exciting. E/W @ 60/1 Paddy Power - 1/4 odds 5 places
:clap:clap 2 weeks in a row ! Great call.

Good Luck Tim Herron @ 210-1 [betfair] This tournament notorious for a player winner at 100-1+,and this guy blows hot and cold but has a good record around here
Top 5 finish..and managed to green up at 7.8 when got to wthin a shot of the lead for a three figure profit

Awesome stuff in here:clap:clap:clap Very impressive indeed:ok
A bit of a lucky spell Russ, but we have enough bad luck so well take it when it comes! Thanks Sir! Dont forget Striker's bet also that very nearly won at a whopping price and i think it was placed! :clap

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Frys.com Open Went for Paul Goydos e/w ..... This fella really caught my eye in the Justin Timberlake last weekend and i think he is overpriced accordingly for this week. Was 10th in the Crowne Plaza, 9th in The Heritage, 3rd in The Players Championship and was 3rd in the Justin Timberlake tournament that was just over. He is hitting the ball really well and looks confident in himself. He is not the biggest hitter off the tee on circuit but his driving accuracy is way above average, his GIR is above average and i think 70/1 is too big for this guy. E/W @ 70/1 Bet365 - 1/4 odds 5 places

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Frys.com Open Just wanted to say great work Aidy. :clap Two weeks in a row! I might be a bit biased, but if this thread isn't a shoe-in for thread of the year at this year's Oscars then there's something seriously wrong. And Striker, very unlucky. I don't have enough fingers to count the times you've been unlucky this year.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Frys.com Open

Went for Paul Goydos e/w ..... This fella really caught my eye in the Justin Timberlake last weekend and i think he is overpriced accordingly for this week. Was 10th in the Crowne Plaza, 9th in The Heritage, 3rd in The Players Championship and was 3rd in the Justin Timberlake tournament that was just over. He is hitting the ball really well and looks confident in himself. He is not the biggest hitter off the tee on circuit but his driving accuracy is way above average, his GIR is above average and i think 70/1 is too big for this guy. E/W @ 70/1 Bet365 - 1/4 odds 5 places
I totally agree and have money on Paul Goydos before I read your post. Even though he won last week I think it is worth covering Kevin Na @ 30.0 at Betfair. Scott Piercy @ 44.0 Betfair is not great odds given last years performance in this tournament but with such a consistent average in the 70.65 - 70.8 over the last three years and having won the Reno this year I think he is in with a strong chance. Also T10 last week so in great form. Ruji Imada @ 90.0 has had two 3rd's this year and was tied 6th last year. Tom Pernice Jnr @ 220 (Betfair) has had a 2nd this year and was 5th and 6th in 2 of his last Nationwide tour - missed cut in last two PGA event but was T18 last year and at these odds worth a punt - 175/1 with Bet365 if look for e.w.

Went for Paul Goydos e/w ..... This fella really caught my eye in the Justin Timberlake last weekend and i think he is overpriced accordingly for this week. Was 10th in the Crowne Plaza, 9th in The Heritage, 3rd in The Players Championship and was 3rd in the Justin Timberlake tournament that was just over. He is hitting the ball really well and looks confident in himself. He is not the biggest hitter off the tee on circuit but his driving accuracy is way above average, his GIR is above average and i think 70/1 is too big for this guy. E/W @ 70/1 Bet365 - 1/4 odds 5 places
Got a nice 38/1 win on the footie tonight in a goals galore bet so im backing another 2 golfers for the weekend!! Already backed Goydos but...... Went for John Merrick e/w.... Backed this guy last week. He makes a lot of daft mistakes which costs him dearly. Already said why i fancied him last week, same applies again this week, he does need to improve his game though but at this price is worth a go e/w and i would vomit if i had not backed him and he came in this week. E/W @ 150/1 Boylesports - 1/4 odds 5 places Also went for Tim Herron e/w.... A lot shorter price this week than he was last week but i think he is worth a small bet. Played really well last week when 5th in Justin Timberlake Open, went close at The Heritage when 4th and went close in the Fedex St Jude Classic when 3rd, playing very well so might enter calculations this week too. Good scoring average , long hit of the driver, GIR better than average, scrambling better than average! E/W @ 55/1 Bet365 - 1/4 odds 5 places

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Frys.com Open Good Luck This is my favourite tournament...as backed last years winner at 125-1! David Duval @ 100-1 [bet365]..just taken 125-1 with Unibet and they then cut the price! Top 10 here last time and more than enough signs this season that the once golden boy of golf has another win in him

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Frys.com Open Tommy Gainey e/w @ 55/1 bet365 Not a particularly imaginative pick but Tommy and his two gloves have had a breakthrough year in 2011. Four third place finishes have secured his card and should convince him that he can thrive at this level. His latest third place was last week and he looks like a player on the verge of a maiden victory. This isn't a very good field which increases his chance of getting that first win. All he really needs to add to his game is a bit of calmness on Sunday afternoon, hopefully his other near misses will stand him in good stead.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Frys.com Open Tiger Woods backed from 8/1 into 5/1.. Absolutely ludicrous price, a fair price would be 20/1.... Layers paradise Mr Woods is this week in my opinion... Fill yer boots (now watch him win :lol) All jokes aside, i dont see him winning this, and certainly not at 5/1

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Frys.com Open Pat Perez @ 90 Betfair Has had a number of strong results this year but has struggled to get the win so far (not unlike Kevin Na). With the pressure of Fedex points and retaining tour cards taken out of the equation, I think this tournament series is going to allow a few of the less established but talented players to break through and Perez is definitely that. Cameron Tringale @ 90 Betfair I'm very big on this guy's talent and I think he too is a golfer who might be able to break through for a win in an event that doesn't have the usual PGA Tour pressures. George McNeill @ 90 Betfair McNeill has been in very impressive form over the last 2 months and I feel that this touranment series could be the stage for him to finally convert that good form into a win. Vaughan Taylor @ 190 Betfair He showed some glimpses of good form a couple of months back though nothing that got him into the Fedex playoffs. Comes into this tournament at a big price and I feel given the nature of this tournament (not a PGA event) that he offers some value.

Tiger Woods backed from 8/1 into 5/1.. Absolutely ludicrous price, a fair price would be 20/1.... Layers paradise Mr Woods is this week in my opinion... Fill yer boots (now watch him win :lol) All jokes aside, i dont see him winning this, and certainly not at 5/1
Decent caddy now, says he is not in pain for the first time in 2 years, show an excellent practice round too didn't he? Plenty short enough mind - of course if on form would batter these, is not though but this could be the time he bounces back

Decent caddy now' date=' says he is not in pain for the first time in 2 years, show an excellent practice round too didn't he? Plenty short enough mind - of course if on form would batter these, is not though but this could be the time he bounces back[/quote'] Even if he did bounce back and did win, i still think 5/1 is a terrible price. Surely for a guy that has not won for so long, is in disarray in his personal life, lets not forget he is not even in the top 50 in the world anymore, even with the good practise round is he really a 5/1 shot. Im not a layer but if i was a layer id be laying the bank on this one.. Surely he must be a double figure price to win this tournament? Would agree with you though that he is feeling good in himself and is comfortable with his caddy, but he doesnt know how he is going to perform out there!

Even if he did bounce back and did win, i still think 5/1 is a terrible price. Surely for a guy that has not won for so long, is in disarray in his personal life, lets not forget he is not even in the top 50 in the world anymore, even with the good practise round is he really a 5/1 shot. Im not a layer but if i was a layer id be laying the bank on this one.. Surely he must be a double figure price to win this tournament? Would agree with you though that he is feeling good in himself and is comfortable with his caddy, but he doesnt know how he is going to perform out there!
Terrible prices on all golf tournament favourites this week... I think Donald was only 4/1 or 5/1 for Madrid, which represents better value than woods imho but still too slim. Mcilroy out in Korea was best price 3/1 and even in the womens yani Tseng was 9/4 favourite!

Terrible prices on all golf tournament favourites this week... I think Donald was only 4/1 or 5/1 for Madrid' date=' which represents better value than woods imho but still too slim. Mcilroy out in Korea was best price 3/1 and even in the womens yang sen was 9/4 favourite![/quote'] I agree with you there. At least Donald is in the top 10 nearly every week and represents far better 5/1 shot than Woods. Also in a far lesser tournament Donald is playing in!

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Frys.com Open Before the leaders tee off i think Adam Hadwin may be overpriced going into this final round... Having a bet to try and redeem my golf weekend which has been no good. Hadwin had a terrific 64 yesterday and is only 3 shots off the lead, with 3 places on offer here i had an e/w bet.. Adam Hadwin e/w @ 22/1 Boylesports - 3 places

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - McGladrey Classic All, it's been a while! Starting a new job based around exams for the first few months is not the best way to improve golf betting...but hey ho! In fact, 2 exams tomorrow so must make this quick but saw a price I thought was fantastic. John Rollins @ 67 ew PaddyPower Seems that last years tournament was all about hitting fairways and greens, not many do that better than John Rollins, and taking advantage of the par 4s. On tour this year he ranks 31st for driving accuracy, 14th for GIR and 35th for par 4 birdie %. Not too shabby. Add in his performance last week where he was top 5 in both driving stats and GIR when finishing 6th and clearly his game is in decent shape. A 3-time tour winner he can clearly finish tournaments, and he actually played well here last year finished T12 with an opening 63 and closing 65. With his showing last week and his game suited to the course, the 66s on offer at PaddyPower really looks too big. GL :hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - McGladrey Classic Went for Jim Furyk e/w... Had 3 wins in 2010 and won the Fedex Cup, he had an amazing year. This year has not been as brilliant but he is still a player to be feared all the time. He has a very good scoring average, very good driving accuracy, high percentage of GIR, and a very good scrambler. Best finishes this season were 13th in the Transitions, 9th in the Wyndham, 9th in the Arnold Palmer, 9th in the Hyundai and 6th in the Deutsche Bank, and its hard to imagine Jim Furyk going through the year without a Top 5, so im hoping it is this weekend, quality player! E/W @ 28/1 Paddy Power - 1/4 odds 5 places Went for Steve Flesch e/w... Has not had a win since 2007 but just looking back at the Reno Tahoe Open he played excellent and was 3rd that week. Has a good scoring average, good driving accuracy, and is a good scrambler. Not in the best of heart at the moment but he is a player that can finish in the Top 5 if beinging his A-Game. Has made 23 cuts from 32 starts E/W @ 225/1 Stanjames - 1/4 odds 5 places Went for Fabian Gomez e/w... Had a win in 2010, so although has not been consistent this is a big price for a guy who has had a win in the past year. That win was on the Nationwide Tour and he is just trying to get to grips with the PGA Tour but im going to take a chance on the Argentinian to have a good round this weekend. Was 7th in the Puerto Rico Open and had a couple of Top 20's in the Fedex St Jude and The Viking Classic, he is decent off the tee , he needs to improve his putting but ill take a shot in the dark at this price. E/W @ 400/1 Bet365 - 1/4 odds 5 places Good Luck Guys! ;)

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - McGladrey Classic Good luck on the golf this week fellas. And good luck on the exam Hornet. :hope All bets with Betfair Jeff Overton @ 140A regular runner of mine and at these odds will continue to be so. Has a lot of talent and though he had a rather disappointing follow up year this year he's still shown glimpses of his potential and feel he'll offer good value in these late year tournaments. Cameron Tringale @ 170 I'm high on this guy's potential. Had a string of top 10's at the backish end of the Fedex season and I think will win sooner rather than later. Will always back him at these odds, particularly in a fall series event which to me feels more conducive to surprise winners. Nick O'Hern @ 250 The Aussie ranks top 10 in driving accuracy and has a knack for doing well on courses that put a premium on accuracy -- his T6 at the Heritage this year springs to mind. Joe Durant @ 290 6th at this event last year and actually went into Sunday in 2nd place just 1 shot behind. Ranks top 10 in both driving accuracy and GIR so if he can find the putter this weekend he'll be in with a shout. Colt Knost @ 950 Extremely, extremely speculative and one based purely on a hunch. He's a player with decent potential whose never really done anything with it, but I feel this series is prone to producing less heralded, more unpredictable winners and Knost is the kind of player at the kind of odds where I'm happy to have a spec.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Childrens Hospital Classic Went for Webb Simpson e/w.... A short price here but i think he has an outstanding chance again this week. Simpson took over at the top of the PGA Tour money title, shooting over 300k clear of Donald and he will be determined to keep himself in front. This is going to be a thrilling weekend of golf with a lot of players trying to get into that valuable Top 125. Webb is having an amazing year with 2 wins and 3 seconds and two of them seconds coming in play-offs.. He won the Wyndham and won the Deutsche Bank in a play-off.. He was 2nd in the Transitions and lost out in a play off in the Zurich and in last weeks McGladrey Classic. The man is on fire. His scoring average is an astonishing 69.18, driving distance bettwe than average, driving accuracy better than average, GIR well above average at nearly 70% and his scrambling is one of the best on tour. With the form he is in at the moment he could well win again this weekend. E/W @ 11/1 Sportingbet 1/4 odds 5 places Went for Henrik Stenson e/w..... Not the player he used to be a few years ago but he played alright last week, finished 32nd in the McGaldrey and i remember he played very well in the US Open finishing 23rd. He is still a quality player but he is trying to find his inner self again, i expect him to be back in the winners inclosure within the next 12 months but im going to take a plump for him this weekend at an attractive price. He has good distance off the tee, sometimes he does spray them though and he can get himself into trouble off the tee, that is his main downfall the past year or so, but if he can get his driver on song he has the short game to threaten. E/W @ 125/1 Stanjames 1/4 odds 5 places

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Childrens Hospital Classic

Good Luck Guys Paul Stankowski @ 200-1 [bet365] Worth a decent each way punt on this veteran as playing some decent golf the last few weeks and top 20 finish here last season
Good Luck Striker.. Just incase it may interest anybody those who finish in the Top 125 after this weekend get to play on Tour next year, so those around the 125 mark are going to be on top of their game this weekend and are going to try to play their heart out, so good prices may be available.. For instance James Driscoll is currently 125th and you can back him at 300/1 with Skybet.. Bill Lunde is only one place away in 126th and he is priced at 125/1 with Bet365... Billy Mayfair is in 127th and he is priced 150/1 with VC.. At least you know if you put your money on any of those guys that they will be playing their hearts out and it wont be for a lack of trying! However i have my bets on already and wont be pursuing it, but found it interesting.