** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

2011 Stars/888 was cash now STT challenge.

staffy

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge

Come on Trev what do you make of this. [uploaded with ImageShack.us
Totally standard variance (its about 5 buy ins behind ev? After about 3,700 hands?) that absolutely every single poker player regularly experiences. Why, what do you make of it? :lol :tongue2 Seriously - you shouldn't worry about the green line at all - keep your yellow line solid and going where it should and everything will be alright on the night....

Totally standard variance (its about 5 buy ins behind ev? After about 3,700 hands?) that absolutely every single poker player regularly experiences. Why, what do you make of it? :lol :tongue2 Seriously - you shouldn't worry about the green line at all - keep your yellow line solid and going where it should and everything will be alright on the night....
I am never worried especially after just coming back from a week in the sun. :loon

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge Hve you thought about changing site ? I've found stars to be the toughest of the 3-4 sites i move between.... and they always say table selection is key :D My best site profit wise is Boss, although your +Ev line will mean nothing on there as opponents hole cards aren't known for all-ins if you win. The other site I've found fairly profitable is 888/WSOP where the hole cards are known. I also surprisingly found full tilt fairly soft but have taken my money off there until they sort their finances out Although the thread title would have to change :D

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge Honestly Staffy - ignore your profit - all you should care about is your all in ev - your winnings and EV WILL end up in the same place (and that place will more likely be where your EV is at any point in time, than where your winnings are) - it may take months/tens of thousands of hands - but it WILL happen.

Honestly Staffy - ignore your profit - all you should care about is your all in ev - your winnings and EV WILL end up in the same place (and that place will more likely be where your EV is at any point in time' date= than where your winnings are) - it may take months/tens of thousands of hands - but it WILL happen.
Not if you run out of money.

Not if you run out of money.
Well yes, and that is why anyone has a good chance of going bust if their bankroll is insufficent for the stakes they are playing - no matter how good they are (that's a general comment - I'm not sure what stakes you're playing at the moment, or what your bankroll is)

Well yes' date=' and that is why anyone has a good chance of going bust if their bankroll is insufficent for the stakes they are playing - no matter how good they are (that's a general comment - I'm not sure what stakes you're playing at the moment, or what your bankroll is)[/quote'] My bankroll is insignificant as its low enough to reload. I have around $18 in my stars account. I was playing 5c games I am now dropping back to 2c games to see if I can turn things around.

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge I have decided to listen to people and I am going to switch to 888. I have $70 in my account. I am going to play the 2c table for now just to have a look. I will play just 1 table at a time and also carry on playing 1 table on stars.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2011 Stars/888 cash challenge Started playing 5c.10c games on stars again. Mainly through boredom of playing the lower stakes. If I go bust then hey ho. Still only playing one table and not playing half as often as before which seems to help. So far going quite well. Up to $40 again + I have a free $10 waiting for me when I want it. unledhrd.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: 2011 Stars/888 cash challenge Nice going Staffy :ok Any chance of one graph with no filters? (or just filtered by a stake level, but no date filters) - I want to see how your ev is looking overall in comparison to your profit, but all your sample sizes are pretty small, and we dont seem to be getting any bigger samples..... (if you constantly look at small samples, then there will be a wide differential between actual profit and ev). Best to show it in terms of Big Blinds instead of USD (Can PT3 do that? So long since I've used it I cannot remember) to avoid the higher stakes having too big an impact.

Re: 2011 Stars/888 cash challenge Gaf I lost the plot a few months ago and deleted all my hands on PT3 so what you are looking at is the complete database. I am not playing that often at the moment so only a few extra hands eaxh time.

Re: 2011 Stars/888 cash challenge I dont know if you remember a while back I was playing very passive pre flop and then aggressive if I hit post flop. I found it was very succesful at the lower levels. I think the problem is you cant push people off very often at the lower levels. This means it pays off when you do hit a big hand as people still call.