Wednesday 8 December 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AC Milan v Ajax (19:45 GMT) 2.1 3.55 4 100.79 %
maximize.gif Arsenal v FK Partizan (19:45 GMT) 1.12 11 34 100.92 %
maximize.gif CFR Cluj v AS Roma (19:45 GMT) 5.6 3.7 1.75 102.03 %
maximize.gif FC Bayern München v FC Basel (19:45 GMT) 1.81 3.8 4.8 102.40 %
maximize.gif MŠK Žilina v Spartak Moscow (19:45 GMT) 3.3 3.4 2.39 101.56 %
maximize.gif Olympique Marseille v Chelsea (19:45 GMT) 2.5 3.4 3.2 100.66 %
maximize.gif Real Madrid v AJ Auxerre (19:45 GMT) 1.51 4.4 8 101.45 %
maximize.gif Shakhtar Donetsk v Sporting de Braga (19:45 GMT) 1.73 3.8 5.8 101.36 %

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 8th December Arsenal v Partizan Belgrade Bet of the final round of games here at the Emirates for me.The fact Arsenal are not actually qualified yet is a good thing for me as it means I'm all over them -2 at even money.PP hasn't opened these markets yet so I've taken this price with Boyles.Partizan are useless.They've scored once and already conceded 10 goals as they prop up the group on zero points.We all know that on their day Arsenal can destroy oppositions and with something at stake this Wednesday night,this could very easily happen.More game time expected for Van Persie and Walcott and added to Nasri's superb form,I don't think it will be a nervous night for the gooners. Bets: 4 pts Arsenal -2 @ evs 2 pts Arsenal -1 half time @ 17/10

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 8th December AC Milano - Ajax Ajax are in really really bad state right now, their form is non existant, they got held at home by NEC or should I say that they where lucky to scrape a draw at the weekend. However Ajax need to get something from this game to make the Europa League stage. Milano on the other hand have nowt to play for but the manager has stated that he will put out his best team on Wednesday and will be looking for his players to keep up the good home form. Milano @ 20/21 with Bluesq for me is extremly good price considering how bad Ajax have been playing off late.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 8th December

Arsenal v Partizan Belgrade Bet of the final round of games here at the Emirates for me.The fact Arsenal are not actually qualified yet is a good thing for me as it means I'm all over them -2 at even money.PP hasn't opened these markets yet so I've taken this price with Boyles.Partizan are useless.They've scored once and already conceded 10 goals as they prop up the group on zero points.We all know that on their day Arsenal can destroy oppositions and with something at stake this Wednesday night,this could very easily happen.More game time expected for Van Persie and Walcott and added to Nasri's superb form,I don't think it will be a nervous night for the gooners. Bets: 4 pts Arsenal -2 @ evs 2 pts Arsenal -1 half time @ 17/10
:ok I agree with u, i will wait to see both squads , and one of the options are +4, what do you think about that

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 8th December having watched partizan in the champions league this year i think arsenal will run riot against them probably winning 6-0, 7-0 or even 8-0. there is going to be plenty goals to see. i don't think they will be able to cope with arsenal fluidity. whether they play defensive or attacking which i doubt arsenal will rip them apart and when you add they need three points to secure passage through to next stage, the motivation is there as well

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 8th December Adding to the above sentiments Arsenal play at Old Trafford but not until Monday. In a normal situation Arsene would go a couple goals up in a situation like this then take off the heavy weaponry when the 3 points are secured. But considering the extra days rest the squad will have to prepare for United, they will want to send Man U a message here and also Arsene will want to work on Van Persie's sharpness here and I'm sure the Dutchman will be hungry to stick a few in. IMO missing Fabregas is a non issue here considering the opposition. This game could be like throwing meat at an animal. Goodluck all :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 8th December Just to back up my previous argument concerning goals. Arsenal have more attacking players than positions on the field. This is very helpful in this particular match. Cesc is really the only 100% guaranteed starter in this 11 when all players are fit. There's Chamakh, RVP and Bentdner completing for one striking position. There's Nasri, Arse-shaven, Walcott and Rosicky competing for the two wide attacking positions. Not to mention Denilson, Abou Diaby, Song and Jack Wilshere all fighting for the 2 central midfield roles alongside Fab. So on top of Arsenal's need for points here, every player has the personal motivation to prove to Wenger they have enough quality to be in the starting 11... ...and what better way to stand out from the crowd than to show off and score a bag full of fancy goals against an easy team that in all honesty doesn't belong in the CL? I've staked $20 centerbet @ 10.00 on scores not quoted on the correct score market here . Because no matter how much Arsenal will be winning by at the emirates there will always be someone hungry to shine by getting on the scoresheet.

Arsenal v Partizan Belgrade Bet of the final round of games here at the Emirates for me.The fact Arsenal are not actually qualified yet is a good thing for me as it means I'm all over them -2 at even money.PP hasn't opened these markets yet so I've taken this price with Boyles.Partizan are useless.They've scored once and already conceded 10 goals as they prop up the group on zero points.We all know that on their day Arsenal can destroy oppositions and with something at stake this Wednesday night,this could very easily happen.More game time expected for Van Persie and Walcott and added to Nasri's superb form,I don't think it will be a nervous night for the gooners. Bets: 4 pts Arsenal -2 @ evs 2 pts Arsenal -1 half time @ 17/10
Agree with your post and most likely Arsenal game will be the only one I will bet on Wednesday. Since Chamakh scored in 3 Champions League games and Nasri is on fire at the moment so the two following bets at William Hill look really good Chamakh & Nasri to Score @ 3.50 Nasri to Score & Arsenal to Win @ 2.35 and just for fun might take Nasri Hat-trick @ 26.00 But if you like me expect Arsenal to score plenty of goals another good option would be to pick some midfielder or defender who is likely to score in anytime wincast offered by William Hill. For instance Song/Arsenal @ 7.00 Squilacci/Arsenal @ 9.50

having watched partizan in the champions league this year i think arsenal will run riot against them probably winning 6-0' date=' 7-0 or even 8-0. there is going to be plenty goals to see. i don't think they will be able to cope with arsenal fluidity. whether they play defensive or attacking which i doubt arsenal will rip them apart and when you add they need three points to secure passage through to next stage, the motivation is there as well[/quote'] The scores you mentioned are the only ones worth taking since they are offered @ 26.00, 51.00 and 126.00 respectively. But as I mentioned in my previous post several anytime wincast bets is also a good option.

How do you guys feel about this accumulator bet? Barcelona 4/9 Arsenal (-2.0) 10/11 Chelsea And Draw 4/7 4.33 / 1 Thinking of lumping 150 - 200 pounds on it....
and what do you think about it? Can you give us some reasoning please why do you want to take this acca.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 8th December Barcelona 4/9 Well, first and foremost, Barcelona are a team that don't take being beaten by any side, in any competition lightly, let alone the Champions League. Last season they were beaten 2-1 @ home to Rubin Kazan, they are also high on confidence and playing the best sides off the pitch. Even with half the team likely being rested they should still manage to have enough to see off the challenge of a weak Russian side. Arsenal (-2.0) 10/11 Arsenal are level on points with two others teams in their group who both play one another and they know not winning could lead to elimination, they don't play again until Monday as mentioned and with Robin Van Persie back and raring to impress there's every chance they'll rip to smithereens this out off form extremely average side. Also account for Arsenal home form in this years group stages, they've beaten Madrid's record of 16 goals I think it was? Considering they are not even qualified, Wenger will want to do everything he can for them to win the group. Chelsea and Draw 4/7 Chelsea have been in dismal form, this is probably the one tie I am most concerned about; yet their bad rut has to end somewhere and the player's will want to make it soon. I skimmed through Marseilles recent results and they haven't been doing all to well, being mid-table in the French league. However their champions league form would suggest otherwise, Chelsea were apparently lucky to beat them 2-0 and they have murdered CSKA in the group 7-0 away from home. So I am still a bit sceptical about whether Chelsea will avoid defeat? You're thoughts all in all, especially regarding the Chelsea match.

Chelsea and Draw 4/7 Chelsea have been in dismal form, this is probably the one tie I am most concerned about; yet their bad rut has to end somewhere and the player's will want to make it soon. I skimmed through Marseilles recent results and they haven't been doing all to well, being mid-table in the French league. However their champions league form would suggest otherwise, Chelsea were apparently lucky to beat them 2-0 and they have murdered CSKA in the group 7-0 away from home. So I am still a bit sceptical about whether Chelsea will avoid defeat? You're thoughts all in all, especially regarding the Chelsea match.
As for Chelsea game I would advice not to place any bets here, since they have already qualified and Ancelotti might rest most if not all of their key palyers, and you don't want your acca to be ruined by that.

As for Chelsea game I would advice not to place any bets here' date=' since they have already qualified and Ancelotti might rest most if not all of their key palyers, and you don't want your acca to be ruined by that.[/quote'] That's the issue you see. I think you're advise is something I'm going to listen to. Would you consider possibly replacing Chelsea / Draw with .. and Spartak Moscow win away to MSK Zilna @ 5/4, Zilna yet to register a point and also already lost 7-0 to Marseile @ their own ground.

I'd be most concerned about Barcelona. With top spot assured' date=' they can put out any side they wish, and it's well known that Barcelona's reserves are fairly average. Two seasons ago they faced a similar situation in the last game where they played the second string, and were beaten 3-2 at home against Shaktar. Rubin have been written off too easily for this one, and a win for them wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world. Finally, I also advise that if you're just getting into betting[i'], do not going ploughing in with large amounts. Start with small sums of money, or even just make picks without wagering anything on them; betting big should only come once you've become experienced in football betting, and if the money you use can afford to be lost. Picking Barcelona, Arsenal and Chelsea looks like easy money, but there are few sure things in betting, and you don't want to learn that the hard way.
Wise words, I agree, I just see this as a massive opportunity to cash in. :dude Do you not however think Barcelona may be looking avenge their defeat and two draws to Rubin over the last two years.... http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/6216-CL-Barcelona-Rubin-Kazan/page3 Reading some of their fan forum posts.... I quote... I have to agree with you. Liga game on sunday and next week no midweek game + a week later christmas break. But the important thing: we still have to win versus Rubin after three games. It is probably the last time we play them (drawing them twice in successive years was already weird) and I don't want any club to keep the scalp of this Barcelona, certainly not over 4 games. They are the only ones left, together with Chelsea and Hercules, we have beaten all the rest we have played under Pep. I think Pep will go full throttle. Just to end this thing with rubin. We need revenge for last year.

Wise words, I agree, I just see this as a massive opportunity to cash in. :dude Do you not however think Barcelona may be looking avenge their defeat and two draws to Rubin over the last two years.... http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/6216-CL-Barcelona-Rubin-Kazan/page3 Reading some of their fan forum posts.... I quote... I have to agree with you. Liga game on sunday and next week no midweek game + a week later christmas break. But the important thing: we still have to win versus Rubin after three games. It is probably the last time we play them (drawing them twice in successive years was already weird) and I don't want any club to keep the scalp of this Barcelona, certainly not over 4 games. They are the only ones left, together with Chelsea and Hercules, we have beaten all the rest we have played under Pep. I think Pep will go full throttle. Just to end this thing with rubin. We need revenge for last year.
This revenge issue IMO exists mainly in the minds of fans. Dropping points in the group stage to a good Russian team in the previous year, when it didn't make difference...Surely Barca would love to knock Inter out at some point here, but that still won't be considered first as a revenge, but as the next important game the team has to win. I can't imagine any Barca player getting sleepless nights over a ''revenge'' vs Rubin. What matters are points and cups ( money ), injuries and schedule, etc.... Surely last year's result adds some spice, but what really happens is Guardiola puts up the list of players for tomorrow's game, and it is their job to go out and perform to the best of their abilities - they 1) play for the Barca colors and one of the best teams in the world and 2) they play for good money.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 8th December I'm seriously considering taking Braga away to Shakhtar at DNB 2.26...they're horrible away and Shakhtar are on fire, but Shakhtar are already on to the next round and Braga technically are alive (they'd need a win and Arsenal to not win at home)...and this is Shakhtar's last match until March 4. I wonder if the home side will care at all. Top of the group means nothing, no matter what people say.

I'm seriously considering taking Braga away to Shakhtar at DNB 2.26...they're horrible away and Shakhtar are on fire' date=' but [b']Shakhtar are already on to the next round and Braga technically are alive (they'd need a win and Arsenal to not win at home)...and this is Shakhtar's last match until March 4. I wonder if the home side will care at all. Top of the group means nothing, no matter what people say.
They are not yet. If Braga wins here and Arsenal wins at the Emirates all teams will be level with 12 points and then I am not sure how the teams will be separated.

I'm seriously considering taking Braga away to Shakhtar at DNB 2.26...they're horrible away and Shakhtar are on fire' date=' but Shakhtar are already on to the next round and Braga technically are alive (they'd need a win and Arsenal to not win at home)...and this is Shakhtar's last match until March 4. I wonder if the home side will care at all. Top of the group means nothing, no matter what people say.[/quote'] Don't think so mate. From Shakhtar latest statement:"This is the most important game for us in this group and we will do anything to win it" Shakhtar with full squad(only injured Fernandinio is already enjoing his hollidays in Brazil) and fan's support should win this game easy. Shkahtar fights Arsenal for the first place in this group and i just don't see them loosing any points here.They are simply on fire lately.Was watching Braga last weekend when they lost and they did look weak,they just don't have so much fire power up front like Shakhtar.I think Shakhtar's midfield and strikers will have too much for Braga. Shakhtar to win for me.:ok

They are not yet. If Braga wins here and Arsenal wins at the Emirates all teams will be level with 12 points and then I am not sure how the teams will be separated.
Head to Head is what matters first. Braga's scenarios are two : Arsenal to drop points or they need to win with 3+ margin in Ukraine ( or both ;) ). Either looks distant, and could make history. In any case Braga need to go forward, so now I wonder wasn't it a better idea to go for Over 2,5 Goals here instead of Over 3,5 Goals in London. Will have it as a strong single for sure!

Don't think so mate. From Shakhtar latest statement:"This is the most important game for us in this group and we will do anything to win it" Shakhtar with full squad(only injured Fernandinio is already enjoing his hollidays in Brazil) and fan's support should win this game easy. Shkahtar fights Arsenal for the first place in this group and i just don't see them loosing any points here.They are simply on fire lately.Was watching Braga last weekend when they lost and they did look weak,they just don't have so much fire power up front like Shakhtar.I think Shakhtar's midfield and strikers will have too much for Braga. Shakhtar to win for me.:ok
Agree, have seen many times how strong Shakhtar are at home, and the argument that they will not be as motivated because this will be their last game for a few months is laughable. Braga have not been as strong this season, expected them to do well in the CL but they have been disappointing which may sound strange considering they are still in with a chance of qualification but I certainly haven't been impressed by them and I don't think they will still be in the CL by Thursday. Odds aren't great, but may consider taking Shakhtar on Wed who still have all to play for.

Head to Head is what matters first. Braga's scenarios are two : Arsenal to drop points or they need to win with 3+ margin in Ukraine ( or both ;) ). Either looks distant' date=' and could make history. In any case Braga need to go forward, so now I wonder wasn't it a better idea to go for Over 2,5 Goals here instead of Over 3,5 Goals in London. Will have it as a strong single for sure![/quote'] I like your thoughts on overs and might take it but in a double which at @ 4.31 William Hill. Will make a proper research in the next few days.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 8th December Arsenal vs. Partizan Belgrade. I really feel to go all the way in with Arsenal as I feel they're going to dish out a crushing victory in this match. We all know that Partizan are not playing for anything and come to the Emirates against an Arsenal team that MUST win this game to progress. Depsite Arsenal only winning by one goal on the weekend, they played imperious football at times and I'm pretty sure a fairly weak Partizan team will have no match for it. Arsenal have plenty of time to prepare for their visit to Old Trafford on monday and as someone mentioned earlier, a convincing victory here could go a long way in sending out a message to United. Arsenal don't really have any fresh injury worries to deal with and will definitely want to give people like RVP, Walcott and others returning from injury as much game time as possible. It's rare that I speak so confidently about a result but I really cant look past an absolute tonking here. Arsenal on a normal day will despatch of Partizan without too much trouble so I hope they do this when they need it. Obviously the bookies have given very little value on the Asian lines with Arsenal -2.5 @ 1.95 on Bet365! However, I have found a few gems and am willign to stick a few units on these. Arsenal to Win Both Halves @ 1.72 Arsenal 1st Half AH (-1) @ 1.75 Incidentally I also like the line on Over 2.5 between Braga and Shakhtar so may consider backing that at small stakes nearer the time. The current line on that is at 2.00 which I fully expect to come in nearer the time. The Arsenal odds will no doubt come in over the next 48 hours too so will be taking them soonish. GL all :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 8th December Can't trust either of the English teams at the minute, Chelsea are on a blip currentley and with the group already secured they may choose to rest players with a big game at Tottenham to come at the end weekend. Whilst Arsenal have looked a little suspect at the Emirates this season, they are more than capable of winning 4 or 5-0, ect. but equally likely is a narrow win in my opinion.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 8th December Shakhtar to beat Braga @ 8/11 (Will Hill:6pts) Value here IMO, I was expecting Shaktar to be around 1.5 to beat Braga. In my view there's a gulf between the two sides and although as an Arsenal fan I would love to see Braga do something to help us get top spot, I can see only one winner in this one. Braga are an average side, when they came to the Emirates I was surprised how bad they were, keeper shaky and schoolboy defending. I think they'll look to keep it tight away to Shaktar but will be overwhelmed eventually. Also watched Shaktar a bit recently and they're playing some good stuff, good to see ex-Arsenal man Eduardo scoring some goals and I feel they are a level above in most areas on the field. Shakhtar for the win. GL!

I'm seriously considering taking Braga away to Shakhtar at DNB 2.26...they're horrible away and Shakhtar are on fire' date=' but Shakhtar are already on to the next round and Braga technically are alive (they'd need a win and Arsenal to not win at home)...and this is Shakhtar's last match until March 4. I wonder if the home side will care at all. Top of the group means nothing, no matter what people say.[/quote'] This sort of statement can cause you a great deal of problems. All these ideas of "this team has to win" doesn't make sense to me because at the end of the day what team wants to purposely lose. Heck in Europa last week Zenit had no business beating Anderlecht 3-1 right? I mean they were already Russian Champions, already progressed, can just rest it was cold while Anderlecht needed to win to stay alive....but no. Why would Shakhtar want to lose infront of their home fans whom they will not see until March? They have proven to be an extremely capable side at home so to just say oh they don't need to win is ridiculous. It's one thing if they have an important match in 3 days in which will determine a title race it's another when the last match of the year is at home and they have a chance to win this group ahead of ARSENAL. That speaks volumes in itself.

Why would Shakhtar want to lose infront of their home fans whom they will not see until March? They have proven to be an extremely capable side at home so to just say oh they don't need to win is ridiculous. It's one thing if they have an important match in 3 days in which will determine a title race it's another when the last match of the year is at home and they have a chance to win this group ahead of ARSENAL. That speaks volumes in itself.
I fully agree and would take Shakhtar -0,75 @ 1,90 (Bet365) with 8/10 stake. Braga has slipped enormously since last year and I don't see a chance or them against the Ukrainian side. And speaking about host's motivation remember that 3 pts in CL are followed by real money from UEFA so I don't believe they could give away game to Braga just like that ;)