** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11

kevshat

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Spooner hills have dramatically changed this line. I got under 374.5 at same price this morning at 11 o clock. Still feel confident they won't get over 300 though , I've never seen a drop like that without a ball being bowled - wierd Date */* Time Bet Type Leg Sort Market Event/Selection Result Stake Returns Reference 03 Jan 11 / 11:54 Single 1 * Australia v England - 5th Ashes Test *–* England 1st Innings Total Runs Under @ 5/6 (374.5) –

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Luckily they voided it - betwill probably come in now. One in running 5 points - Tremlett top bowler 1st innings - 4/1 hils Big bet for me here - He was best bowler yesterday, just one wicket behind bresnan with 4 wickets left and level with Anderson. Even a dead heat will bring back a nice profit so will back Tremlett to use the new bal wisely

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Hi Guys I see that many of you use William Hill. I would love to join. But I've heard that they limit the amount you can bet on, as soon as you start winning bets. Which means, you can never expect to get any profit (just entertain yourself by losing $$$). Have heard the same about bet365. Any opinions on these two books? Thanks :unsure

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Just a little bit of housekeeping as we come to the end of the ashes... To be fair I didn’t really post that many tips for a 5 match series i’ve been following others more then posting myself but all the tips that I have put up have all won so a 100% strike rate for me :nana With a total of 20 points staked I managed a return of 37.7 points which leaves me +17.7 for the series. Now for the current test, I wasn’t going to bet anything as I already have England on the outright and England to win this test, however theres two bets i can’t resist. 5 points England to score Over 384.5 Runs @ 1.83 Paddy

4 points England to score Over 436.5 Runs @ 3.2 B365

With England currently on 167/3 we have the slight advantage. At the moment we have Alistar Cook whos well in with 61 of 141 balls and the night watchman Jimmy Anderson on 1 of 15. We still have Collingwood, Bell, Prior, Bresnan, Swann & Tremlett to come. To be fair this series England middle and lower order haven’t really performed and to be fair they haven’t needed to as the likes of Cook, Struass, Pieterson and Trott have been getting the runs however in the series overall Bells got 214 runs at an average of 53.5 and Priors got 134 runs at an average of 33.50. The rest of the tail (Bresnan, Swann, Tremlett & Anderson) have managed a total of 49 runs but to be fair Bresnan only had 1 innings, Tremletts had 3 innings and Swann has had 4 innings. However the big factor for me in this bet is Paul Collingwood. A lot of people are saying he should be out of the team with his contribution of 70 runs at an average of 14 which is really piss poor as we all know he is a million times better then that with an overall career average of 40.82. He did excellent when Australia batting getting the massive wicket of Micheal Hussey and taking a few catches at slip. He knows he has to put a big contribution in today, and I’m backing him to do just that. So 218 runs between 7 wickets should be easily enough to get, especially if Cook gets a century in and either Collingwood or Bell follow him as well, im hoping that the additional 51 runs can be achieved as well at a massive price of 3.2 leaving England with a lead of around 150+ and hopefully one hand on that series win!

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 3 points - JM Anderson (England, 1st Inns) - Over 9.5 10/11 Bet365 Jimmy is already on 1 so 9 runs are needed for this and we all know he's a tough cookie to break (record test innings without a duck?). Conditions look great for batting (decent tailender) and with Cook by his side i can see him getting 9 runs for this.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11

3 points - JM Anderson (England' date= 1st Inns) - Over 9.5 10/11 Bet365 Jimmy is already on 1 so 9 runs are needed for this and we all know he's a tough cookie to break (record test innings without a duck?). Conditions look great for batting (decent tailender) and with Cook by his side i can see him getting 9 runs for this.
7:\ thought he was looking well on for that then. Sigh....

Just a little bit of housekeeping as we come to the end of the ashes... To be fair I didn’t really post that many tips for a 5 match series i’ve been following others more then posting myself but all the tips that I have put up have all won so a 100% strike rate for me :nana With a total of 20 points staked I managed a return of 37.7 points which leaves me +17.7 for the series. Now for the current test, I wasn’t going to bet anything as I already have England on the outright and England to win this test, however theres two bets i can’t resist. 5 points England to score Over 384.5 Runs @ 1.83 Paddy

4 points England to score Over 436.5 Runs @ 3.2 B365

Well played ani_lfc :clap

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 One for me before play resumes. 3pts T.Bresnan - 1st Inns Runs - Over 15.5 5/6 Ladbrokes Tim Bresnan is a decent lower order batsman and this looks like a low total to me. The wicket is still playing well, the conditions look like good for batting and this bowling attack continues to look rotten. I think England will dig in this morning. We won't go bonkers until later. There's no need with 196 overs left in the series so Bresnan can play himself in and then get going. 19 overs until the new ball so there could be a bit of buffet bowling around up until then so I think against these bowlers on a lovely batting wicket that the Yorkshire all round can make it up to 16 and beyond.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Hi there this my first bet in the ashes and im going for Graeme Swann most wkts in 2nd inns 11/8 skybet i feel that the pitch will spin on fourth and fifth days where swann can exploit the conditions Mitchell Johnson most runs in 2nd inns 20/1 skybet the australian batting is fragile to say the least so he may score more runs than the others like what he did in the 1st inns how do people feel about england 1st inns under 565 runs skybet i think that they might declare early this morning

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 4 pts England Innings under 600.5 - 10/11 Bet365 Been in now for 45 minutes and i think another hour and that will be it for the boys. Runs have slowed up a bit also and i fancy Strauss to get to the magic 300 runs lead and declare which is under the 600.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Jeepers, Bresnan put me through the pain barrier there :lol. Good luck with these unders guys. I fear you may be cheering on the Aussie bowlers with this new ball though because I can't think of any reason why we'd declare. Certainly not until tea anyway.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 A small one for me for Australia's 2nd innings. 1pt T.Bresnan Top England 2nd inns bowler 9/2 William Hill I think Tim Bresnan is a decent price here. I understand all the popularity of Graeme Swann but he hasn't bowled as well as he can on this trip and as a general rule the Aussies have played him well. As well as they've played any of the bowlers anyway. I know Beer and Smith aren't even half as good as Swann but we've not really seen any turn in this wicket yet. I'm sure it will turn but it might not be until tomorrow that it really turns. Swann could well still take wickets but the one that catches my eye is Tim Bresnan. He took 3 in the 1st innings and we've seen a bit of reversing in this England innings. If the ball does reverse swing and I think the wicket and surrounding areas are abrasive enough now that it might, then it may just be to Bresnan and Anderson's advantage. Australia may be so concentrating on playing Swann they might forget Bresnan's reverse swing. Only Hussey looks like he knows where his off stump is so if Bresnan can get this reversing he should go well at 9/2. It's only a small bet but one which could well bring in some nice profit.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 And one more. 4pts Australia's 2nd inns runs - Under 310 Evs Stan James This line looks too high to me. Way too high in fact. It's more than they got 1st time around despite being in a good position at 100+ for one. This wicket isn't going to get much easier to bat on. Australia have had 3 2nd innings in the series to date and they've not reached 310 in any of them. To me they look like a beaten side. A well beaten side. This England attack have rested for the last two days so they are going to come and come hard. As I said above, most of the batsmen have lost where their off stump is. I really feel England could go right through this Australia side and I don't see this 310 being threatened at all. Very much the unders for me.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Some late nights but an enjoyable series, final two: 3pts Australia 2nd Innings Runs - Under 260 @ 5/6 Betfred AUS 213/7 at Close. Can't see the Aussies staying out there long this morning, they'll need another 47 runs for this bet to lose. Might not seem like much to get but don't really rate Steve Smith and the other three are bowlers, both Smith and Siddle are already past their test average with the score they have so wouldn't expect them to stay around long, then Beer and Hilfenhaus to come. England to wrap this up quickly. 2pts P.Siddle v S.Smith (8th Wicket) - S.Smith Next Man Out 5/4 Paddy Power For me Siddle has improved with the bat and has looked in nice touch at times through this series, Smith has been pretty woeful from what i've seen him at the crease and he doesn't strike me at the type of batsmen that'll be hanging around this morning. In what is a 50/50 market 5/4 on Smith looks good even though he is the 'batsmen' out the two.

Some late nights but an enjoyable series, final two: 3pts Australia 2nd Innings Runs - Under 260 @ 5/6 Betfred AUS 213/7 at Close. Can't see the Aussies staying out there long this morning, they'll need another 47 runs for this bet to lose. Might not seem like much to get but don't really rate Steve Smith and the other three are bowlers, both Smith and Siddle are already past their test average with the score they have so wouldn't expect them to stay around long, then Beer and Hilfenhaus to come. England to wrap this up quickly.
Clarke top scorer [41] (1.85 @ TAB) Much the same reasons as Spooner. (Well, exactly the same actually! :D ) Siddle hasn't ever scored 41. Smith has once, scored a 77 v. Pak, but with some loose bowling hit 9 4's. Hilf and Beer no chance. Better odds than the Australian under. :ok

5pts England to Win 5th Test @ 7/5 Bet365 Australia are in bits. England are better in every department of the game and I think the stripping of Ponting's captaincy mid-series is just straight stupid. Ponting misses his first match for 73 tests and is replaced Khawaja meaning that the Aussie Top 7 will feature Phil Hughes, Usman Khawaja & Steven Smith. More on that below. England will want to win this outright for sure and I'm sure Strauss will not let be content with his team just settling for the retaining of the Ashes. He more than anyone would like to be the first captain to win a series down there for decades. England's record at Syndey doesn't speak great volumes. Infact, not many teams come to Sydney and leave with a victory and their record here over the years is amazing. However not many test teams have come to Sydney to play an Australian team in such disarray and I think this might be comfortable for England. 4pts England First Innings Lead (-30.5 Runs) @ 9/10 Sportingbet I am only taking this due to what I alluded to in the bet above. The Australian Top Order features Philip Hughes who has been previously described as a 'walking wicket' somewhere in this thread not too long ago (:lol), a Test-Debutant in Khawaja stepping in at #3 filling the massive void left by Ponting, a seriously out-of-form Clarke with massive pressure on his shoulders, a #6 in Steven Smith who is just shit and a tail that is made up four #11's. Need I go on? 2pts James Anderson (-0.5) to beat Peter Siddle (1st Inns Bowler Matchbet) @ 10/11 I think this is only the price that it is because Siddle did fairly well at his home-ground in the last Test. Anderson has been consistently on fire throughout the series whilst before Test 4, Siddle didn't do a damn thing since the hat-trick on Day 1 of the series. Harris is out for Australia so it increases Siddles chances of picking up wickets here but I think Anderson is just too good and will take this. 1pt End of Match - Day 4 Session 2 8/1 Sportingbet 1pt End of Match - Day 4 Session 3 7/1 Sportingbet 1pt End of Match - Day 5 Session 1 5/1 Sportingbet The last 5 Test Matches at Sydney have finished within one of these three Sessions so I think it's worth having another go here. The weather forecast is meant to be very good so I don't think there is a great chance of a draw. If 4 innings get played out then this will fall nicely into one of these sessions and it'll only fail if a team gets skittled out for a ridiculously low score which I hope is not the case.
As a fan, I'm very happy with how the Final Test went & as a punter, I'm also very happy, with all the above coming in. Can't say exactly what my P/L is as I did a lot of in-play stuff which wasn't posted on here towards the beginning of the series, but my first foray into cricket betting was a very profitable one. Well done to all other winners in what has proved to be a brilliant thread. Bring on the ODI series. :clap

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Good stuff bigmac. Well done to everyone in profit for the series. Cracking series for me too. For bets I've put up on PL which is everything I backed apart from the 2nd test when PL was down I'm +21.74pts which with a bit of luck here and a lack of injury there could have been so much more but I won't complain with that end outcome. So a very good series betting wise but as a massive massive cricket fan and with it England fan to stay up night after night and watch England play the excellent cricket they did was superb and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Ok we may not have beaten much but to beat them by an innings 3 times is superb and totally shows our dominance in the series. Roll on the one dayers, the world cup and then the battle of the top 2 when we host India in the summer :dude.