** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11

kevshat

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Top session for England. I'm annoyed with myself that I didnt back Hussey to beat Clarke in the Batsman match market as he looks very good right now coupled with Clearke getting out for a measly 4. Glad I backed Watson to beat Hughes but the difference in runs is only a meagre 11 so that one could still go either way in the 2nd innings. Collingwood has taken a catch so that has given me 10pts in his Player Performance bet. Confident of that coming in. I would definitely take Unders in any 'Sessions Runs' markets for the 2nd session. I think the Australian mindset will be strictly to keep their wickets and not to score shitloads of runs so that's something I would back if Bet365 had that market available. Well done to all the Hussey backers and GL to any other in-play punters for the 1st Day :hope

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 5pts A.Strauss First Man Out (England 1st Innings) @ 10/11 Coral Skybet are as low as 8/11 on this bet and I personally feel they have it right. Alastair Cook is in cracking form with a double century in the first test followed by a 148 in the 2nd. Strauss already has a couple of low scores and I just see Cook looking more comfortable at the crease towards the end of play today, he is leaving balls alone that he doesn't need to play at while Strauss looks a tad uneasy whether to leave it or not. Nasser Hussain highlighted this on Sky's coverage and it makes perfect sense as he was bowled by Bollinger in the 2nd test when trying to leave one, he highlighted a couple of times in the 12 overs we had, Strauss was playing at balls that he could of left and on this wicket there is a good chance he will nick one.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Perfect first day for me. All day 1 bets came in and the match bets are looking in good shape. I'm going to take one more now but I am looking at a couple of others. Off to the darts in a minute so I'll hit those when I come back if I decide to play them. 4pts A six to be scored on Day 2 10/11 Sportingbet I like this bet. I think the wicket will play nicely today and on a quick pitch with fairly short boundaries, certainly by Australian standards, I think the batsmen can hit through the line and plonk one over the ropes. England have more than enough aggressive batsmen to nail this poor Aussie attack over the ropes. There were 4 6's on the opening day of the match when the batting side for 36/4 and 60 odd for 5 so this looks a lovely price for one to be scored on day 2. I'm happy to be on.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Looks Like a good day for you Shatman :clap Left most alone because of the odds tumble... Typical! And to rub salt into the wound... The last Market I looked at before bed was Aussie top bat... Thought Johnson was too big at 50's... Realised they didn't go EW... Checked coral... They were 33's so left it!! I notice Ladbrokes are no longer on oddschecker??? They are the others that go each way but didn't look because they didn't appear :wall

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11

This is kind of off-topic but do you guys have accounts with several different bookmakers? I only have a Bet365 account at the moment but often find other bets elsewhere that interest me that Bet365 don't do. Is it worth having accounts everywhere and my money being all over the place or just stick with one?
Yes. Having a Moneybookers account will help you, where you can transfer funds between bookmakers, processing time is quicker then debit cards. You can withdraw from bookmakers and it will be in your moneybookers account within 4 hours with most firms.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Just got text from Kevshat, he's at the 'arrers. Anyway, he may not be back in time so has asked me to post up a bet for him.... 3pts England 1st innings runs over 409.5 @ 5/6 Skybet Didn't ask him for the write up:lol....but sure you can decide whether to follow or not:ok

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 I thought you was going to draw the write up for me ;). Anyway, the write up. I just think this wicket is going to play a bit easier on days 2 and 3, a little bit like the Adelaide one did. Sure it may well speed up a bit but I don't think it's going to do too much off the seam now that the heavy roller has nailed it a few times. Australia have gone back to the attack which we scored 517/1 against so we know it holds no demons unless Steve Smith has suddenly turned into Warne or Murali. All of England's batting lineup is in good nick and I think we can put on another 380 runs to ensure this total is covered.

Just got text from Kevshat, he's at the 'arrers. Anyway, he may not be back in time so has asked me to post up a bet for him.... 3pts England 1st innings runs over 409.5 @ 5/6 Skybet Didn't ask him for the write up:lol....but sure you can decide whether to follow or not:ok
Just as well, he surely would have pinned it on you otherwise. :lol

You could also oppose him by just taking 2.75 England' date=' Taza. I feel it's big overs considering the forecast and a pitch that reportably should offer a result. Although I do hope Anderson lands in good nick.[/quote'] What a guy!! :clap Doing your bit for the country by jinxing the old enemy... ...Ash, you're a marvel. :cheers :rollin

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Bit unlucky here with Strauss edging one early doors but neither keeper or first slip moved.

5pts A.Strauss First Man Out (England 1st Innings) @ 10/11 Coral Skybet are as low as 8/11 on this bet and I personally feel they have it right. Alastair Cook is in cracking form with a double century in the first test followed by a 148 in the 2nd. Strauss already has a couple of low scores and I just see Cook looking more comfortable at the crease towards the end of play today, he is leaving balls alone that he doesn't need to play at while Strauss looks a tad uneasy whether to leave it or not. Nasser Hussain highlighted this on Sky's coverage and it makes perfect sense as he was bowled by Bollinger in the 2nd test when trying to leave one, he highlighted a couple of times in the 12 overs we had, Strauss was playing at balls that he could of left and on this wicket there is a good chance he will nick one.
3pts Australia to win 3rd Test @ 15/8 William Hill I would not stake big on this bet because in all honesty England look the much better team on what we've seen. However any sport isn't as simple as that and Cricket is another sport that can change around quickly. Australia with a good record against England on this ground and simply need to improve quickly, now that doesn't mean its going to happen but I do think we'll see a better Australian side. In a funny kind of way the pressure is off the hosts, England already hold the Ashes and everyone is now expecting England to win the series and if the home side just knuckle down and play cricket they may get rewarded. I can't make a huge case for them because as I said, at the moment on the pitch England look the better side but all it takes is a good 1st day for Australia and suddenly it could be England on the back foot and Australia carrying the momentum. I just don't see Australia going down quietly, really wouldn't surprise me if they levelled this and its all to play for again.
Laying Australia for 4 points @ 1.32 Betfair, reasoning - be silly not to.

4pts A six to be scored on Day 2 10/11 Sportingbet I like this bet. I think the wicket will play nicely today and on a quick pitch with fairly short boundaries, certainly by Australian standards, I think the batsmen can hit through the line and plonk one over the ropes. England have more than enough aggressive batsmen to nail this poor Aussie attack over the ropes. There were 4 6's on the opening day of the match when the batting side for 36/4 and 60 odd for 5 so this looks a lovely price for one to be scored on day 2. I'm happy to be on.
Opened a sportingbet account and followed this as I have seen it come in so many times before at some quite juciy prices. Effectively watched it fail as I saw England self implode yesterday morning :wall Not a great deal floating my way at the moment.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 One for me ahead of todays play. 3pts: Overs at Fall of Next Australia Wicket - Under 45.5 Currently 33 Overs have been bowled so I have quite a few overs for this to come in. I have been watching these fly in all the time over the series and have never had the bollocks to back it with real money. England will be looking to make early inroads into the Australian batting line-up and I expect Tremlett and Anderson to come out firing early on. There was a wicket in the 2nd over of day 1. There was a wicket in the 10th over of Day 2, the trend was similar in Adelaide too. Hopefully the trend will continue and bring me in with some monies.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Of course when I put money on it, it doesnt come in ffs. England have looked awfully flat this morning. I also jumped on Under 89.5 Runs in this opening session @ 8/11 with SportingBet just before play which looked like it was coming in fairly comfortably until Finn started giving Watson some half-volleys to just despatch to the cover boundary. Hopefully the runs dry up a touch to minimise my losses from the previous bet. If not then.. :(

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Unbelievable how this session has panned out. The First Ten Overs produced 20 runs with Tremlett and Anderson keeping it very tight as I expected them to but providing no wicket thus costing me money. Finn comes in and just effectively told Hussey and Watson to smash him around the park again, losing me money. Awful morning for me. -6pts in Two Hours.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Been waiting all lunch for a session runs line. Finally SJ have delivered. 3pts Day 3 Session 2 runs - Over 100 11/10 Stan James I expect to see quite a few runs in this next session. There were 92 runs this morning despite 3 reviews and a stupidly long sightscreen delay. Smith looks like he's going to go down fighting and the next two in, Haddin and Johnson don't block many. Hussey is well and truly in now and the wicket doesn't seem to be doing much. 23 overs until the new ball so Australia should fill their boots in this session early doors. They may lose wickets but the longer the lineup goes the more aggressive the batting gets. Australia generally score around 4 an over when conditions suit. Hot conditions, tired bowlers, good wicket and Australia pushing on for a possible declaration before the close all equals more than 100 runs for me in this 2hrs play.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 No joy in that session. England's over rate was a shambles considering Swann and Collingwood bowled for 3/4 of the session and losing Smith, Haddin and Johnson within 5 overs of each other didn't help because Australia just dropped anchor. On the bright side, the flurry of wickets have kept England in the game, moved Tremlett in front in the wickets bet and meant Swann needs quite a few runs to bring his performance in. Still in profit with a few bets still on my side so hopefully I can get some of them in to avoid wasting a good first day of the match.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 My last bet of what has been a pretty shit test for me: 2.5pts England Total Score - Under 196.5 Runs @ 1.90 with Bet365 This to me is the kind of bet that I'd think long and hard about but then in the end decide to leave... Only to watch it come in with me not backing it. England have effectively collapsed here and it really is only a matter of time before the Aussies wrap this up. There is too much time for them to try and bat out for the draw and he do not have enough wickets left to win the game. Yes we have Bell, Prior, Swann and Tremlett to come in, who on their day can be nifty with the bat but I actually think Australia will finish this very quickly. The last 5 wickets put on 42 in the first innings. I reckon the same will happen here.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 That 3rd test went a bit sour but the Finn outright wickets bet came through in that match so I go into the MCG +2.13 for the series. 2 for the 4th test. Hopefully there will be one or two more to come. 4pts P.Collingwood's Performance Pts - 73&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Paul Collingwood hasn't had a great series with the bat but I think that will change here. These conditions should suit him a lot better than what he's had so far. In fact, in conditions which do suit him he hasn't been too bad. He made 42 in Adelaide and looked really good in doing so. Brisbane and Perth just don't suit him. Here the pitch will be slower and a bit lower and that's conditions Colly thrives in. He also thrives when his back is against the wall which it appears to be going into this match. In the warm up match here the weekend before the last test match, Colly took 3/19 and a catch so he only needed 3 runs to cover this total. He got that. He may not get 3 wickets here but over 2 innings I can see him getting at least 53 runs if not the full 73. Being at 3rd slip to the seamers and 1st slip to Swann he's always in the game for catches and there's also always the chance of Strauss turning to him with the ball and him picking up a wicket. 3 ways to score in conditions which will suit leaves me happy to take the overs on Collingwood's performance for this 4th test. 3pts England Highest 1st Inns Opening Partnership 10/11 Blue Square England have had this market covered in each of the last two tests and I think they have to be backed here too. Both Strauss and Cook got some runs under their belt here in the warm up game so they should know the conditions and at various times in the series both have had the Aussie bowlers on toast. Australia have a real problem in competing in this market. That problem is Phil Hughes. For me he's out of his depth and I expect England to continue picking him up early in this test match. With Simon Katich on about returning at Sydney, Hughes is under real pressure to find a score in this match but he doesn't play the moving ball very well which Anderson provides and he can't play the short ball very well either and that's Tremlett's forte. Watson at the other end looks more solid but nobody would be too surprised if he's pinned lbw early doors. Australia have been 0/1 and 2/1 in their last two 1st innings and that's enough for me to take the 10/11 on offer for England to be ahead when the first wicket falls.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Just one for me at the moment, I don't want to get involed a great deal with the match outright but will probably back Australia with a view of laying off, just have a feeling they may be hot after the 1st session. Don't like opposing Kev as always but going with this one. 3pts Australia Highest 1st Inns Opening Partnership 11/10 Skybet Australia carry the momentum in this game and I can see them getting off to a good start whether that is with ball or bat, England have had the better opening partnership in the last two but the Aussies took the 1st. I do worry about Hughes as he didn't look that comfortable but hopefully his nerves would have settled what with the Australian team winning the match, I just feel Australia are on a high and will either get off to a good start with the bat or take a wicket early with the ball and at odds against happy to play.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 One for me before the start too. I think there is too much guesswork involved with backing the outright winner and 1st Innings Lead etc so I shall avoid all of those markets. 4pts - James Anderson 91 & Over (Player Performance) @ 5/6 via Bet365 This I thought was a little low for Anderson as he has surpassed this in the past two tests. He takes the new ball for England as we all know and is very capable enough of taking 4 wickets in this match and scoring 11 runs. He also has taken a few catches this series too and with three ways of scoring points in this match, I'll have some of this all day. You may be thinking he's not really a batsmen perse but he has a test average of 12.01 and gas a decent Cover Drive in his repertoire. Hopefully this comes in for me.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Another from me. 3pts R.Harris' Performance Pts - 91&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Ryan Harris had a belting game in Perth where he picked up 9 wickets for not very many including 6 for in the 2nd innings. He's one of those bowlers who is deceptively quick and can hit the bat hard. He can get it moving when the conditions are right too. He's had recent success on this ground as well which is a boost for this bet as he should be coming in here full of confidence. In Queensland's Sheffield Shield match here last month, Harris took 6/68 in the match so he knows the conditions well enough here. 5 wickets here will see the gig a winner but we'd have every chance with 4 wickets as although he hasn't shown it in the series to date, he can actually hold a bat and use it to good effect when the time is right. Such a big outfield at the G there's always a chance of a catch wherever Harris is dumped in the field. With bat and ball though I'm happy the Queensland quick will cover 91pts.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 I wanted to catch the Sportingbet Day 1 specials before their prices tumbled but it seems that I missed the initial prices. There's one that I am still willing to back though and that is: 4pts: More than 4 wickets to Fall on Day 1 @ 4/11 No matter what pitch the groundsmen create for Day 1 I am pretty sure that this will come in with a fair amount of ease. If any team are put into bowl I think that 4 wickets will tumble throughout the day and would've loved to catch this when the prices first came out. If England go into bat, I think Mitchell Johnson and Ryan Harris have enough about them to get a couple wickets in the first session. Likewise Anderson and Tremlett have enough fire to get Australia a couple down. This has come in with most other opening days in the series so far and I reckon this is a near enough cert.