** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11

kevshat

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Aus name squad for 3rd Test.. Justin Langer, Matthew Hayden, Ricky Ponting, captain, Michael Hussey, Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds, Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Stuart Clark, Glenn McGrath, Mitchell Johnson (12th man). Ricky was reported as saying that we believe these are the men most capable of getting the job done and beating England once again. if you are good enough age doesn't comng into it.. Ok it's really: Hughes Watson Ponting Clarke Hussey Haddin Smith Johnson Harris Siddle Hilfenhaus Michael :beer but the first squad probably more likely to make a game of it.. :rollin Australia admit they have no other option as they bring back the two bowlers they drop. Feel a bit sorry for Hauritz, as now another random left arm spinner (Michael Beer) with just a few domestic games played is called up instead of him...

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 ...esp. after Hauritz scored 100 in his last domestic game. I can kinda understand the selectors throwing the bolwers names into the wind...but cannot for the life of me see how/why Hughes gets another crack...at all...let alone on a bouncy WACA wicket. I know a few of you had some faith in him this time last year, but he's rubbish. Made a few quick/big scores before anyone really knew what was happening...(Despite some of us experts ;) trying to tell teams from the start...) ...now, 4 slips, 2 gully's, a 3rd man, midwicket and he simply has nowhere to score. Bit of movement (which the English bowlers have been getting), bit of bounce, and you saw on your own soil last year the results. In his last State game, while still (technically) batting for a spot, he slogged a low full toss straight to midwicket for nought. Can't bat. Looking for the best way to oppose him...may well go the soft opion...1.53 to NOT score a 50 (first innings)... ...a lot of the other bets I like rely a bit much on others... :\ Anyway, enough of me ranting...haven't plowed through any numbers to confirm/deny the value of the following, but at first glance I suspect they are value... ...Hussey over 84.5 (form batsman, and always likely to get a catch or two in the gully...) ...Watson over 109.5. Again, in good form with the bat, and realistically, 2 wickets should see him home. Any other more sensible/informed opinioins? :cheers

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11

Looking for the best way to oppose him...may well go the soft opion...1.53 to NOT score a 50 (first innings)... ...a lot of the other bets I like rely a bit much on others... :\ ... Any other more sensible/informed opinioins? :cheers
You could also oppose him by just taking 2.75 England, Taza. I feel it's big overs considering the forecast and a pitch that reportably should offer a result. Although I do hope Anderson lands in good nick.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Right, 3rd Test starts in the early hours of tomorow night.. 4pts - Paul Collingwood (Player Performance) 68 & Over @ 5/6 with Bet365 Paul Collingwood is arguably the only batsmen in Englands Top Order that has his place under any kind of scrutiny. Even though I think he has no right to be dropped, he is the only one of the six that isn't in blistering form. It's for that reason, that I think he will be looking at this 3rd Test to put any doubters to rest and cement his deserved place in the England Top Order with confident performances with the bat. 68 runs in this test is not beyond him at all and we all know he can chip in with the ball. On top of this, he is England's best fielder and is ever-present in the Gully region which should see a few streaky drives fly by there at least once throughout the two Aus innings. Quite confident of this one. Been mulling over England's Top Batsmen for ages. If I decide to back anything, I will post it up sometime during the day tomorow.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Hello all, Big follower of this website for some time now. Kevshat I must say you've won me a couple of quid over the past year so thanks for your tips! I was thinking of getting a big wager on England to win this third test due to apparent disarray of the Australian cricket team. However, I came across a very interesting article in the Telegraph by Sclyd Berry that contained the following statistics: Perth stats England’s record in Perth: Played 11, Won 1, Lost 7, Drawn 3. England’s sole victory there was in 1978-9 during World Series Cricket. Average runs per wicket at the WACA in Tests between the two countries: England 27, Australia 37. The highest innings for England at the WACA is 162 by Chris Broad in 1986-7. Fewer than a third of Tests at the Waca have been won by the team winning the toss. The average first-innings score at the ground is 336. The link to the article is here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/theashes/8196381/The-Ashes-2010-Australia-have-the-potential-to-bounce-back-at-Englands-least-favourite-ground-Perth.html Although, I still think I may bet on England, I may watch the first hour and draw some conclusions from that before getting my money on! Good luck all!

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 :welcome whoisthatman, I love betting on these situations where stats say it won't happen. The Perth wicket is generally the most bouncy on tour, certainly not what the English are used to back home. Of course, what that usually means to the punter is we get compensated with bigger odds on England. This is a whole new tour, the better team, most settled and the one that oozes the more genuine confidence are factors I always rate highly, but yeah it's not exactly their favorite place, historically.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Somebody has a signature on here that is along the lines of 'statistics are like mini skirts, they give a good idea but don't tell the whole story!'... Personally I think this is a case in point! Quite simply for a long time we were crap and Australia were awesome.... Now, the reverse is true... Australia are tank and we are seemingly playing some of the best cricket we've played for moons... I reckon and admittedly I may be getting carried away, Kevshats 4-0 series scoreline, weather permitting, has every chance... I just think we are better in every area.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 1.5pts - 3rd Test, Ryan Harris Top Australian Bowler @ 5/2 with Bet365 I was thinking about who this accolade will go to earlier today and couldn't really come up with a better option than Harris. The Australian bowling attack at the moment really is all over the place with Doug Bollinger looking really un-threatening in Adelaide and Peter Siddle not really doing a damn thing since his hat-trick in the 1st Test. It looks like Mitchell Johnson will come into the side after being dropped and well he hasn't played any cricket in-between his absence form the side for the 1st test. Ryan Harris took two wickets in Adelaide and seems to be the only bowler Australia have that has some form of control at the moment. He will get the new ball and if the WACA pitch plays into the hands of the quicks here, as it is reported to do so, it will play nicely into his hands.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 I like the miniskirt signature, reminds me of a favourite little saying of mine "A good speech should be like a mini-skirt; long enough to cover the basics, but short enough to keep things interesting!" Anyway, I digress. Do you think that we're over rating England and under-estimating the Ozzies, or is there a real gulf in class between then two teams?

Do you think that we're over rating England and under-estimating the Ozzies' date=' or is there a real gulf in class between then two teams?[/quote'] Oddly enough, I think it's a bit of both. There is quite obviously a gulf in class in between the two sides at the moment and if you throw form into it well then England just shit all over the Aussies in every possible aspect of the game. However, the WACA has been a fxcking fortress to the Aussies in recent years and we all know they are desperately seeking for a turnaround in their fortunes. I actually think Broad could be a fairly big loss for England in the side because for starters, whoever comes into the side definitely won't have played much competitive cricket recently and will definitely not have ever played in the Ashes. On top of this I don't particularly rate Finn (I won't get into the reasons behind that now) and the 20,000 mile round-trip Anderson has done over the past three days MUST have some sort of effect on him. Can you really fly from Australia to England and back to Australia again within 3 days and not be jet-lagged? Come on now. That leaves Graeme Swann to save England on a pitch that favours seamers! Now I hope to god I'm saying all of this in vain and England go and trounce the Aussies again with Swann taking a 5-for in both innings but I'd be wary. Very wary. Definitely staying away from calling a result until I see how the 1st day plays out at the very least.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Just one for me before the start of play, may surprise some! 3pts Australia to win 3rd Test @ 15/8 William Hill I would not stake big on this bet because in all honesty England look the much better team on what we've seen. However any sport isn't as simple as that and Cricket is another sport that can change around quickly. Australia with a good record against England on this ground and simply need to improve quickly, now that doesn't mean its going to happen but I do think we'll see a better Australian side. In a funny kind of way the pressure is off the hosts, England already hold the Ashes and everyone is now expecting England to win the series and if the home side just knuckle down and play cricket they may get rewarded. I can't make a huge case for them because as I said, at the moment on the pitch England look the better side but all it takes is a good 1st day for Australia and suddenly it could be England on the back foot and Australia carrying the momentum. I just don't see Australia going down quietly, really wouldn't surprise me if they levelled this and its all to play for again.

Hello all, Big follower of this website for some time now. Kevshat I must say you've won me a couple of quid over the past year so thanks for your tips! I was thinking of getting a big wager on England to win this third test due to apparent disarray of the Australian cricket team. However, I came across a very interesting article in the Telegraph by Sclyd Berry that contained the following statistics: Perth stats England’s record in Perth: Played 11, Won 1, Lost 7, Drawn 3. England’s sole victory there was in 1978-9 during World Series Cricket. Average runs per wicket at the WACA in Tests between the two countries: England 27, Australia 37. The highest innings for England at the WACA is 162 by Chris Broad in 1986-7. Fewer than a third of Tests at the Waca have been won by the team winning the toss. The average first-innings score at the ground is 336. The link to the article is here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/theashes/8196381/The-Ashes-2010-Australia-have-the-potential-to-bounce-back-at-Englands-least-favourite-ground-Perth.html Although, I still think I may bet on England, I may watch the first hour and draw some conclusions from that before getting my money on! Good luck all!
:welcome to PL mate. I'm glad I've won you a few quid in the past :cheers. Perry makes a good point about statistics and records. At the end of the day while they can be a good guage they are there to be broken. We had an awful record against the Aussies at Lord's but beat them there last year and Australia were invincible in Brisbane and we rattled up 517/1 against them. While history can be used, current form has to be the overriding factor when taking bets and if anyone can give me any justification in opposing England in current form bearing in mind that 20 wickets have to be taken to win a test match then I'm all ears. For me, it's an England win all day long.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Ok I'm going with a few here. Really busy today so only short writeups. 4pts England to win 3rd test 13/8 Bet365 I'm more than happy to be on England here. There will be a result in this match and Australia, having taken 7 wickets in two long innings in England's last two batting innings have gone back to the attack England scored 517/1 against. I'm pretty certain they won't play a spinner. Whether that's because he's another mug like the last one or because the wicket is a seamers paradise I'm not certain. Either way there's nothing in this Australian bowling attack which I'm concerned about. England have to make one change and all the talk is about Chris Tremlett which would be the way I have to go. Keeping it simple, England have the better batting lineup and the better bowling attack and with draws and losses being no good for the Aussies there will be a result here and I'll take that result to go to England who will have the Ashes retained come Monday morning in my eyes. Some day 1 specials now. 3pts A six to be hit on day 1 Evs Sportingbet The WACA isn't the biggest ground in the world and there's every chance if there is pace and bounce in this wicket that a top edge or a hook shot flies for a 6. It's come in during the opening day of the last two tests here and there was a 6 on the opening day here last time England were in test action on this ground. There's enough ammunition in either lineup to plonk one over the ropes so I'll take the 6 hit to be bet here. 3pts M.Prior or B.Haddin to be dismissed on day 1 Evs Sportingbet This bet has already been good for me in this series and I'm not going to turn it down now. An added bonus for this bet in this match is that Haddin will be batting at 6. So he could be dismissed with the 5th wicket of the day. Prior comes in here off the back of a ton so he'll be in good touch but I think day 1 will favour the bowlers so even money on either to be KO'd on the opening day looks good to me. 2pts Both teams to bat on day 1 3/1 Sportingbet This is an interesting price. Again it's a bet which has been good to me and I'm sticking with it. Although the bet would have come in on both opening days of the series so far on easier batting wickets, this price keeps on rising for some reason. As I've said I think the seamers will be tough to face on this opening day and this one looks a good price on as I say something that's been paid out on twice already. And now the rest of the match bets. 3pts G.Swann's Performance Pts - Under 114 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Graeme Swann might not have too much work to do in this match. I think thhe early stage of the match will favour the seamers and there's every chance they will take too many wickets for Swann to bring in this bet. With England winning as I think they will and Swann batting at 8 or 9 there's every chance he's only going to bat once so he's going to need 4 or maybe 5 wickets to cover this total. If this wicket is back to the old days as has been talked about then it won't do much for the spinner so I'll take the unders here. 2pts C.Tremlett Most match wickets 15/2 Sportingbet Taking a slight chance on Tremlett getting picked as this is a loser if he doesn't. 4 years ago Harmison took 4 wickets in the 1st innings on this ground when it wasn't so quick and pacy. Tremlett has the same credentials as Harmison and I expect him to be equally as tough to face with conditions more suited to pace bowling. Australia are struggling to make England bat twice at the minute so I want to be on an England bowler in this market so at this price I'm happy to take Tremlett to top the match wickets chart. 1pt Test match to end on Days 1, 2 or 3 16/1 Sportingbet If this wicket is green, pacy and bouncy as it's being talked about then it won't be easy for the batsmen and if that's the case this price is just daft. It's only 8/1 at Hills so it's a big price. I'm certain there's a result in this match, as I've said above it does Australia no good for there no to be. We're going to see result wickets now and with this England attack so rampant at the minute we could easily bomb the Aussies out inside 3 days. Purely a value bet this one but never the less it's one which has a chance so I'll have a small play at it.

Ok I'm going with a few here. Really busy today so only short writeups. Some day 1 specials now. 3pts A six to be hit on day 1 Evs Sportingbet The WACA isn't the biggest ground in the world and there's every chance if there is pace and bounce in this wicket that a top edge or a hook shot flies for a 6. It's come in during the opening day of the last two tests here and there was a 6 on the opening day here last time England were in test action on this ground. There's enough ammunition in either lineup to plonk one over the ropes so I'll take the 6 hit to be bet here. 3pts M.Prior or B.Haddin to be dismissed on day 1 Evs Sportingbet This bet has already been good for me in this series and I'm not going to turn it down now. An added bonus for this bet in this match is that Haddin will be batting at 6. So he could be dismissed with the 5th wicket of the day. Prior comes in here off the back of a ton so he'll be in good touch but I think day 1 will favour the bowlers so even money on either to be KO'd on the opening day looks good to me.
The six bet has now come in to 8/11 and Prior/Haddin to be dismissed on day 1 is in to 2/5! :eek

3pts A six to be hit on day 1 Evs Sportingbet The WACA isn't the biggest ground in the world and there's every chance if there is pace and bounce in this wicket that a top edge or a hook shot flies for a 6. It's come in during the opening day of the last two tests here and there was a 6 on the opening day here last time England were in test action on this ground. There's enough ammunition in either lineup to plonk one over the ropes so I'll take the 6 hit to be bet here. 3pts M.Prior or B.Haddin to be dismissed on day 1 Evs Sportingbet This bet has already been good for me in this series and I'm not going to turn it down now. An added bonus for this bet in this match is that Haddin will be batting at 6. So he could be dismissed with the 5th wicket of the day. Prior comes in here off the back of a ton so he'll be in good touch but I think day 1 will favour the bowlers so even money on either to be KO'd on the opening day looks good to me.
I like them alot, however I went to go and check out what other markets they have on Sportingbet and realised that 'A Six to be hit' has come in to 8/11 and 'Prior or Haddin to be dismissed' is currently 2/5 ! Did you make a mistake in your write-ups or have they both come in that drastically?!

Ok I'm going with a few here. Really busy today so only short writeups. 4pts England to win 3rd test 13/8 Bet365 I'm more than happy to be on England here. There will be a result in this match and Australia, having taken 7 wickets in two long innings in England's last two batting innings have gone back to the attack England scored 517/1 against. I'm pretty certain they won't play a spinner. Whether that's because he's another mug like the last one or because the wicket is a seamers paradise I'm not certain. Either way there's nothing in this Australian bowling attack which I'm concerned about. England have to make one change and all the talk is about Chris Tremlett which would be the way I have to go. Keeping it simple, England have the better batting lineup and the better bowling attack and with draws and losses being no good for the Aussies there will be a result here and I'll take that result to go to England who will have the Ashes retained come Monday morning in my eyes. Some day 1 specials now. 3pts A six to be hit on day 1 Evs Sportingbet The WACA isn't the biggest ground in the world and there's every chance if there is pace and bounce in this wicket that a top edge or a hook shot flies for a 6. It's come in during the opening day of the last two tests here and there was a 6 on the opening day here last time England were in test action on this ground. There's enough ammunition in either lineup to plonk one over the ropes so I'll take the 6 hit to be bet here. 3pts M.Prior or B.Haddin to be dismissed on day 1 Evs Sportingbet This bet has already been good for me in this series and I'm not going to turn it down now. An added bonus for this bet in this match is that Haddin will be batting at 6. So he could be dismissed with the 5th wicket of the day. Prior comes in here off the back of a ton so he'll be in good touch but I think day 1 will favour the bowlers so even money on either to be KO'd on the opening day looks good to me. 2pts Both teams to bat on day 1 3/1 Sportingbet This is an interesting price. Again it's a bet which has been good to me and I'm sticking with it. Although the bet would have come in on both opening days of the series so far on easier batting wickets, this price keeps on rising for some reason. As I've said I think the seamers will be tough to face on this opening day and this one looks a good price on as I say something that's been paid out on twice already. And now the rest of the match bets. 3pts G.Swann's Performance Pts - Under 114 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Graeme Swann might not have too much work to do in this match. I think thhe early stage of the match will favour the seamers and there's every chance they will take too many wickets for Swann to bring in this bet. With England winning as I think they will and Swann batting at 8 or 9 there's every chance he's only going to bat once so he's going to need 4 or maybe 5 wickets to cover this total. If this wicket is back to the old days as has been talked about then it won't do much for the spinner so I'll take the unders here. 2pts C.Tremlett Most match wickets 15/2 Sportingbet Taking a slight chance on Tremlett getting picked as this is a loser if he doesn't. 4 years ago Harmison took 4 wickets in the 1st innings on this ground when it wasn't so quick and pacy. Tremlett has the same credentials as Harmison and I expect him to be equally as tough to face with conditions more suited to pace bowling. Australia are struggling to make England bat twice at the minute so I want to be on an England bowler in this market so at this price I'm happy to take Tremlett to top the match wickets chart. 1pt Test match to end on Days 1, 2 or 3 16/1 Sportingbet If this wicket is green, pacy and bouncy as it's being talked about then it won't be easy for the batsmen and if that's the case this price is just daft. It's only 8/1 at Hills so it's a big price. I'm certain there's a result in this match, as I've said above it does Australia no good for there no to be. We're going to see result wickets now and with this England attack so rampant at the minute we could easily bomb the Aussies out inside 3 days. Purely a value bet this one but never the less it's one which has a chance so I'll have a small play at it.
Every single one of those with Sportingbet has now tumbled!! The Kevshat Effect.... :drums In fact so much so, the value in every bet (From Sportingbet!) has gone! Would be interested to know Kev, if you get the time, whether you would still take any of the bets at the current odds? Cheers

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Based on Kev's theories behind Tremlett and on the basis this is a bowler friendly, bouncy track, I'm taking Tremlett for Man of the match at 22/1 for 1pt with BlueSQ. If Kevs top wicket taker bet comes in this will have a big big chance and with bigger odds and less risk I'm happier taking it in case Tremlett doesn't make the starting 11 in Broads place :hope

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Right, lets have a crack at this, don't be too hard on me!! Found it hard to do good odds comparison on many of the markets I wanted, oddschecker doesn't seem to compare many of the markets, so had to do some digging myself, if anyone finds a better price for a bet somewhere let me know, these are by no means the guaranteed best odds. Also, if someone can find me a bookie that is taking bets on Ian Bell 1st innings runs (apart from Ladbrokes) then that would be greatly appreciated e.g. +33.5 So, these are what I've picked: Aus 1st Inns Top Bowler - Harris @ 3.75 - Skybet Far and away the best Australian bowler in this series so far, and has been the only one looking a threat. Had a few English batsmen in trouble when he delivered the short stuff in the last test (made Trott jump around a few times), so he may enjoy conditions here. Seems a good value bet, would rather be on this than Johnson at 3.00! Harris bt Siddle (Wickets Matchbet) @ 5/6 - William Hill Using similar logic as above, how these are both priced at 5/6 I'll never know. Siddle has been largely ineffective since his hat-trick, and while I appreciate this could change, Harris has looked the far more threatening and far more likely to take wickets. This of course relies on Aus picking Siddle, but I am thinking they will go 4 seamers plus Smith and Watson rather than pick Beer. Watson (-0.5) bt Hughes (Runs Matchbet) @ 4/5 - Betfair Watson has been largely consistent up to 50 with the bat most of the series, and here I am hoping that England will be focussing on going for Hughes from the off to not allow him to settle into the series, perhaps distracting attention away from Watson. Also, Watson knows he will have to step up and be the senior opener now Katich is gone, and I think he will thrive on this. Rumours Hughes still hasn't sorted his technique out, and if these are true, expect England to get stuck into him. Watson +37.5 (1st Inns Runs) @ 5/6 - Skybet Quickly, but Watson has been a model of consistency so far, and for many of the reasons outlined above I expect him to start well again. Aus 1st Inns Top Runscorer - Hussey @ 9/2 - VCBet Was a toss up between him and Watson, but I feel with this being Hussey's home ground, and him knowing he has to produce to keep the middle order going, I am backing him to deliver again. Good odds for a man in such form, I guess this is due to the risk that Ponting could explode at any minue and bag a wheelbarrow full. Eng 1st Inns Top Runscorer - Trott @ 11/2 - Skybet I feel at some point in this tour, Trott is going to have to play a monster innings of attrition for us. I'm very wary of a wounded Australian team, and although they lack quality, they don't lack heart, and this could well be enough to scoop them a few wickets at the top of the order. Just gut feelings, but I feel Cook may well have peaked and is always liable to a good ball and Strauss seems touch and go due to the captaincy, but he could well produce a huge knock. An in-form Pietersen is rightly the danger, but I feel England are due to face a good Aussie session at some point, and at 11/2 Trott offers good value to be the man to see it off and build a classic test daddy century. To score a 50 - Pietersen @ 11/10 - William Hill Not a great price (hoping someone can find better!!) but I just feel an in-form Pietersen is a dangerous animal. He will be swaggering around like he owns the place now, and none of the bowlers will be keeping him up at night. My heart fancies him for another ton, but I think on the safe side a 50 is there nailed on if he wants it and doesn't get carried away with himself. I haven't applied pts to the bets as I'm not 100% sure what I am staking on them yet myself, but the ones I am most confident on are the Harris bt Siddle matchbet, and the Harris top Aus bowler 1st inns. I may have a few more to add later after looking at a few more markets again, but here's hoping my first foray into the cricket section isn't a total disaster!

Watson (-0.5) bt Hughes (Runs Matchbet) @ 4/5 - Betfair Watson has been largely consistent up to 50 with the bat most of the series, and here I am hoping that England will be focussing on going for Hughes from the off to not allow him to settle into the series, perhaps distracting attention away from Watson. Also, Watson knows he will have to step up and be the senior opener now Katich is gone, and I think he will thrive on this. Rumours Hughes still hasn't sorted his technique out, and if these are true, expect England to get stuck into him.
I like the look of that. Bet365 have it at 8/11 though. Never really looked at Batsmen matches before but another one that interests me is Hussey to beat Micheal Clarke at 4/5. If this WACA pitch plays how it's being billed up to play with it favouring pace and bounce then I think this will come in easy. We all saw how susceptible Michael Clarke is to the short ball in Adelaide and I am sure England will have a strategy at how to bowl to him. He can't pull the ball for shit and I think Tremlett (if he plays), Finn and Anderson will aim to rough him up early on. Hussey is a much more composed and classy player and I am sure will score runs again this test.

Every single one of those with Sportingbet has now tumbled!! The Kevshat Effect.... :drums In fact so much so, the value in every bet (From Sportingbet!) has gone! Would be interested to know Kev, if you get the time, whether you would still take any of the bets at the current odds? Cheers
Sorry mate, was out all evening. The only one I wouldn't take now is the Prior/Haddin one. The rest are all still value :ok. As for the prices, the prices I quoted were the ones I took about 11.30 this morning.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Couldn't agree more with either of those. Been doing some more digging at PaddyPower this time, couple more bets have caught my eye, might interest a few people. Trott +33.5 (1st Inns Runs) @ 5/6 - PaddyPower Has looked very consistent so far, and if the Aussies manage to make an early breakthrough I fancy Trott to hang around and dig in (literally!). And for anyone interested in the Pietersen to make a 50 bet I posted earlier, that is a better priced 5/4 at PaddyPower than the 11/10 I posted at Hills, and the Watson runs bet is +34.5 at PP as opposed to 37.5 at Skybet. Thought I would make this note as I don't believe we are supposed to edit our posts after posting?

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2010/11 Very tempted to back both teams to win the toss and bowl at the odds. That's purely based on the fact that I would bowl but ever since Edgbaston it's like Ponting has banned himself from bowling first even though it might be the right thing to do.