** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - 20-26 September

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September Taking two matches in Seoul on Monday. 1) Ksenia Pervak -2.5 AH vs Yung-Jan Chan. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (6/10) Pervak clear favorite for me to win this one. Chan is all about unforced errors and I can't see her taking out Pervak in a baseline contest because none of these two have got a decent serve. They met just last week in Guangzhou. Pervak won that one in 3 sets coming back from losing the first set. She dropped just couple games in last two sets. Pervak to win and covering the handicap in this on 2) Iveta Benesova to beat Ekaterina Makarova. 2.32 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Can't understand this offer. Really can't. Of course Benesova is more of a clay court player but she should not be rated at this type of odds against player like Makarova. The Russian has done very little since her shocking performance in Eastbourne. Unless she can have consistent performance on serve I can't see her getting past Benesova here. The Czech player has won both matches against Makarova and odds well above evens presents nice value on Benesova.

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September ATP Metz: Istomin -3 games AH over Serra @ 1.943 (Pinnacle:4/10) Istomin will surely take this one and I think the handicap is worth a go aswell.Istomin is pretty good on this indoor fast surface, has the bigger serve and groundstrokes and generally has been playing better than Serra in recent months.His performance against Nadal at the US was very good.Only positive I can find for Serra is its a home tournament but dont think thats a big issue today....he's an average player regardless IMO and has been pretty bad in recent months.Istomin for me here. GL!

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September Bucharest is always a tournament I'm wary of, you can get some odd results there. Even so, going for two matches today. Bucharest: Filippo Volandri vs Lukasz Kubot - Lukasz Kubot +3 games AH @ 1.98 with Pinnacle (7/10) I can't really understand why Volandri is favourite for this one. Okay, he's been playing on clay for the last few weeks on the Challenger tour but he's been losing to players like Jesse Huta Galung, Alberto Brizzi and Ivo Minar. Kubot's a much higher level of player than that and is at home on the clay. The Pole hasn't had a great summer but showed earlier in the year how much he likes clay, doing well in the South American swing. The H2H is 1-1 on clay with the last meeting in 2005. Volandri has certainly regressed since then while Kubot has become a more adroit player. Volandri is always a threat in Italy but never really quite sure about him away from home. This is Kubot's first game on clay for a while, which is why I'd prefer the handicap over the outright, but with the Pole's big serve and booming groundstrokes, I reckon he can hit through the Italian. Volandri is also a man who gives you a chance on serve. Not sure the bookies have this one right here, so I'm happy to chance the Pole in this one. Metz: Tommy Robredo vs Daniel Brands - Tommy Robredo -3.5 games AH @ 1.99 with Pinnacle (5/10) I reckon Robredo should take this one in a fairly straightforward fashion. A few weeks ago I wouldn't have touched Robredo but I suspect he may come here a more confident player after doing well at the US Open, making R16. He's simply got more in his locker than Brands in terms of variation and precision off both flanks. Brands is (a) a clay court player and (b) is all about his serve. Of course, on indoor hard that's a huge weapon but he's inconsistent enough to give Robredo chances on it. Brands was also playing on clay recently in a Challenger event, which suggests to me that he doesn't rate his chances of doing well here. Obviously a risk involved in terms of Robredo's overall year form but I reckon he's hit a bit of a purple patch. He should be able to take care of Brands and the handicap. :hope

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September Hi guys, One pick for 1st round of Bucharest tomorrow: CUEVAS TO D RIBA @ 1.5 on stanjames / pinnaclesports Riba is one of the up-and-coming Spanish clay court players who has a good serve and big forehand but he is playing today a delayed final match of Challenger event in Banja-Luka and it is his 10th match in 2 weeks. Cuevas is such a fighter on clay and he is in good form after winning another Challenger event yesterday defeating Andreev by 6:1., 6:16:1, 6:1. The Head-to-Head is 2:0 to Cuevas with his last win on clay just a couple of months ago in Bastad.

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September

Bucharest is always a tournament I'm wary of' date= you can get some odd results there. Even so, going for two matches today. Bucharest: Filippo Volandri vs Lukasz Kubot - Lukasz Kubot +3 games AH @ 1.98 with Pinnacle (7/10) I can't really understand why Volandri is favourite for this one.
Neither can I and I will be taking him outright for about 2.5, which definitely is some value. Good luck :hope

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September Good stuff from Volandri. -3 games was a bargain and took it. Sry for not posting up, was short on time at the time. Having couple more matches from Metz today. 1) Tommy Robredo -3.5 AH vs Daniel Brands. 1.99 @ Pinnacle (7/10) It will be interesting to see what sort of mood Robredo will be after US Open. Not sure he will get far in this tournament. Having said that, he should be able to get past the first round because he's playing brainless Daniel Brands. Won't repeat myself over writing his strengths and weaknesses. There's only serve and when it's missing Brands is in big trouble. Indoors conditions should help him keep this match close but it still won't be enough to avoid defeat. Robredo has got the tools to win this one by at least 4 games. 2) Florent Serra to beat Denis Istomin. 3.00 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Really fancy this one. Serra playing at home which always is additional boost. Istomin has dropped in form and considering the fact that the end of the season is looming large he might just not have the proper motivation. He's overachieved this year already and might just feel like he's done enough. Serra is a tough nut to crack. The Frenchman has beaten Istomin in their only meeting, also on hard in straight sets and odds like this offers massive value on Serra. Perhaps +3 games handicap is better advised on Serra here but I'm having the big one.

ATP Metz: Istomin -3 games AH over Serra @ 1.943 (Pinnacle:4/10) Istomin will surely take this one and I think the handicap is worth a go aswell.Istomin is pretty good on this indoor fast surface, has the bigger serve and groundstrokes and generally has been playing better than Serra in recent months.His performance against Nadal at the US was very good.Only positive I can find for Serra is its a home tournament but dont think thats a big issue today....he's an average player regardless IMO and has been pretty bad in recent months.Istomin for me here. GL!
Tremendous stuff, never really in any doubt despite the second set wobble, followed on this and as a result ended the tennis day in profit after Kubot's defeat. Nice work :ok

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September one pick for tuesday morning craybas to win 2:0 against palkina 2.10 expekt I consider this offer a gift and will take it without a doubt. Craybas playing average tennis last month beating rezai last week and loosing to champion paszek. Her form should be more than enough for palkina who was very lucky to get a chance to play after loosing qualifications to brengle ( 6:1 6:2)

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September Jarkko Nieminen vs Benjamin Becker. Over 23 games. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (7/10) This has got a look of over. Both have played each other 3 times and every single match has went full distance (3 sets) with two of those matches being played this year. Can't see any other outcome than over 23 games today again.

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September Bucharest: Jeremy Chardy vs Guillaume Rufin under 21.5 @ 1.8 local bookie (5/10) Rufin (rank 174) is young player (20 yrs) that turned pro in 2007. His best result on clay dates to French Open 2009 where he did beat Eduardo Schwank in round 1 6-1 6-3 6-3. Since then, this is the first time he got into main draw in a major clay tournament. Chardy (rank 59, 33 yrs) is class level above Rufin, he got into quarterfinal in Gstaad this year beating Nieminen 7-5 6-2 and Mathieu 6-1 6-3, and to round 3 in Hamburg beating Petzschner 6-3 6-3 and Chiudinelli 6-4 6-1. It should not be a problem for him to beat Rufin 6-4 6-4 at worst.

one pick for tuesday morning craybas to win 2:0 against palkina 2.10 expekt I consider this offer a gift and will take it without a doubt. Craybas playing average tennis last month beating rezai last week and loosing to champion paszek. Her form should be more than enough for palkina who was very lucky to get a chance to play after loosing qualifications to brengle ( 6:1 6:2)
6:2 6:3 :nana

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September Decent enough profit yesterday after following on Denis Istomin. Going for three matches today. Metz: Thomas Fabbiano vs Philipp Kohlschreiber - Philipp Kohlschreiber -5 games AH @ 1.81 with Pinnacle (5/10) There's a huge gulf in quality for this one. Fabbiano came through the qualifiers, beating Nicolas Mahut in three tough sets, but I expect him to be swatted away by Kohlschrieber. This is the young Italian's first real test on an indoor hard court and I also expect there to be an element of fatigue following his match yesterday. He's ranked in the 300s and doesn't really do much apart from slog it out on the Challenger circuit. Kohlschreiber's started to rediscover some of his form of old and made the final here last year. He's pretty adept on this surface. Moreover, he's got a new coach in Miles Maclagan, formerly Andy Murray's sidekick, and I'd expect him to want to perform well for him and get a good win. Fabbiano shouldn't possess too many problems for the German, who is better in every department. I had the game line at -5.5 so decent enough value in terms of the handicap. Metz: Adrian Mannarino vs Paul-Henri Mathieu - Paul-Henri Mathieu -3.5 games AH @ 1.926 with Pinnacle (4/10) Mathieu is another player who is just starting to dust down the cobwebs. He had a decent enough US Open, defeating Lleyton Hewitt en route to R3, and I expect a decent showing from him this week. He met Mannarino here a few years ago and beat the youngster in the semis in two breakers. That was Mannarino's best moment on Tour, as since then he's not really hit the heights. He got to R2 of the US but really struggled to beat Pere Riba on a hard surface, who is essentially a clay courter. Mathieu's backhand in particular was really firing in New York and considering Mannarino is a lefty, he should see plenty of balls on that wing. Mannarino was also playing on clay two weeks ago, which I always think is a bad idea coming into the indoor swing - conditions will be a lot quicker. Mathieu's got more in his locker than Mannarino, and has the potential to cover this handicap. Bucharest: Adrian Ungur vs Andreas Seppi - Adrian Ungur +4.5 games AH @ 1.92 with Pinnacle (3/10) Bit of an opportunist bet here. Bucharest is well-known for throwing up shocks and I reckon Ungur will give Seppi a run for his money. There's no doubt Seppi is the more talented player but mentally, he can go walkabout, especially on serve. Against a home player with nothing to lose, I'm not sure he'll enjoy this match-up a great deal. Ungur also comes into this match full of confidence. He won two rubbers for Romania in the Davis Cup last weekend and I'm sure he'll just look to take the game to Seppi - he has nothing to lose. I don't think Ungur will win this but he could keep it fairly tight against an opponent known for having rocky moments. Worth a small play. :hope

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September The match starts quite soon, but I will take one upset for small stakes. Romania doubles - Chela/Kubot - Bednarek/Przysiezny. The odds are 3.35 at bwin and Kubot seems to be totally out of form and struggling with an injury perhaps. After yesterday, his motivation may be low and the Polish duo plays doubles together regularly. I think it is definitely worth a small punt here.

The match starts quite soon' date=' but I will take one upset for small stakes. Romania doubles - Chela/Kubot - [b']Bednarek/Przysiezny. The odds are 3.35 at bwin and Kubot seems to be totally out of form and struggling with an injury perhaps. After yesterday, his motivation may be low and the Polish duo plays doubles together regularly. I think it is definitely worth a small punt here.
Will follow. I watched Kubot yesterday and he seemed out of form. Did not notice any injury, though. :hope

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September Poor Hanescu :loon just pulled out one of his infamous chokes, hehehe. Lost with Grannollers AT HOME and after winning 62 in the 1st set (62 26 16). Unfortunately I lost few bucks in LIVE betting on him after he was broken 1st time in the decider. I knew this was stupid in the moment I pulled the trigger :unsure

Poor Hanescu :loon just pulled out one of his infamous chokes' date=' hehehe. Lost with Grannollers AT HOME and after winning 62 in the 1st set (62 26 16). Unfortunately I lost few bucks in LIVE betting on him after he was broken 1st time in the decider. I knew this was stupid in the moment I pulled the trigger :unsure[/quote'] Curse of Bucharest. He lost in R1 last year to a Spaniard in Ivan Navarro. As I said yesterday, strange things happen in the Romanian capital. It's always odd having a clay court main Tour event at this time of year. Completely messes up the form book as you have players coming off the quicker hard. The "dirt rats" lie in wait...

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September Match should start in about 15 minutes: Soul: Groth > Petrova @ 2.06 local bookie (5/10) Petrova is not in best shape lately, she lost in US Open 1st round with Petkovic, which is a sign of falling form. On the other hand, Groth just won Guangzhou and had enough time to rest thanks to the rain in Soul. I foresee a tight match with Groth as a winner.

Match should start in about 15 minutes: Soul: Groth > Petrova @ 2.06 local bookie (5/10) Petrova is not in best shape lately, she lost in US Open 1st round with Petkovic, which is a sign of falling form. On the other hand, Groth just won Guangzhou and had enough time to rest thanks to the rain in Soul. I foresee a tight match with Groth as a winner.
Terrible 1st serve from Jarmila today. Seems like the match is over :$

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September One more match for today: Metz: Philipp Kohlschrieber vs Michael Berrer : Berrer + 3.5 games @ 1.8 local bookie (7/10) Berrer, who has been showing excellent form on indoor hard at the beginning of 2010 (won ATP tourney in Zagreb) is coming back from ankle injury. Last year in Metz he lost in rnd 1 with the later semifinalist Gasquet. Yesterday he defeated his compatriot Rainer Schuettler 76 62. Kohlshrieber is last years finalist (lost with Monfils). His best result on indoor hard this year is quarterfinal in San Jose (feb 2010). He is probably still struggling with his recent shoulder injury. Yesterday he had more work than expected with Fabbiano (ranked 339) whom he defeated 64 63, not even covering the common 5.5 games handicap. H2H for these players is 2:1 for Berrer, however the last match included (in 2007) was won by Kohlschrieber's retirement. I expect that Berrer will be much tougher opponent than Fabbiano. Indoor hard is his favourite surface, while Kohlschrieber prefers clay and hard. So at least one tie-break should occur and Kohlshrieber should not win better than something like 76 64. Let's look on the last Philipp's twitter message: "Tomorrow I will face Michi Berrer, its gonna be a tough one! Regards, Kohli" I would not even be surprised if Berrer wins this match. Fingers crossed :hope

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September Metz: Tommy Robredo vs Richard Gasquet/Paul Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo @ ? I reckon Robredo should take this one whoever he meets of these two. A few weeks ago I wouldn't have touched Robredo but I suspect he may come here a more confident player after doing well at the US Open, making R16. He's simply got more in his locker than both players in terms of variation and precision off both flanks. Gasquet is (a) a clay court player and (b) is all about his backhand. Of course, Gasquet is on the rise again and indoor hard he's ok and he's playing in France which is a huge advantage but he's not strong enough on serve and will give Robredo chances. Gasquet reached SF in Metz last season, falling to countryman and eventual champion Monfils then and Robredo won Metz 3 years ago. Obviously a risk involved in terms of Robredo's overall year form but I think he's found some turn of form. He should be able to outlast Gasquet or Mathieu if he's serve is as good as last match (at 72 per cent against Istomin). He also converted all four break point opportunities so he seems dangerous here. :hope

Event Kirilenko - Safina
Selection Kirilenko -1.5 Sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.75
Reasoning Kirilenko in this tournament defend SF from last year. Many points to defend, motivation must be on high level before this match. Maria yesterday play against Urszula Radwanska and don't give any chances for younger Radwanska - Urszula won only 4 games in this match. Kirilenko won 71% points at the serve and not concended a single serve game. Safina in last years not playing in Seul, not defend any points. In first round beat in two sets Halep(6-4, 6-4), but not show good tennis.. Give 12 chances to break, concended 3 serve games and make 8 double faults. Winning only 54% balls at the serve. Kirilenko in this year at New Heaven hard courts beat Safina 6-3, 6-3.
Event Martinez - Makarova
Selection Martinez -1.5 Sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.75
Reasoning In my opinion Martinez can win this match in two sets. Martinez seed in this tournament with nr 4, in last time not playing and when playing play bad.. This tournament is good moment to break bad streak. In first round beat in two sets Hsieh(Q), in my opinion Martinez can play only better and better. Makarova is worse player than Martinez and have big problems against Lefties.. In first round played against left hander Benesova and take lucky win, both players playing really poor tennis in this match. I see bigger problems against Martinez. Martinez in two sets for me!
Event Szavay - Baltacha
Selection Szavay -1.5 Sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90
Reasoning In my opinion Szavay is better player than Baltacha, no doubts in this. Szavay have very good year, play good in many tournaments. Szavay in first round of this tournament playing against young, gifted TOP50 player Hercog, but don't give any chances for this girl. Concended only 3 games in this match, show really confident and strong serve. Baltacha in first round play against WILDCARD from Korea. Baltacha win in two sets, but don't show nothing special - give 8 chances to break, concended 2 serve games.. Kim is only 204 player on the world. For me Szavay take next easy win in this tournament.
Event Flipkens - Shvedova
Selection Flipkens +4 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.96
Reasoning For me Flipkens have big chances to not take lose with 4 games margin. Flipkens on this tournament back after tennis break - and in first round must playing against young, strong Serbian girl Jovanovski.. Flipkens lost first set 2-6, but in next two show really good tennis and won 6-3, 6-4. Flipkens first serve is really stron, make 8 aces, second serve is not poor, won half of the points at the second. Shvedova in last time is without big form.. In first round play against Medina Garrigues - ok, Shvedova won in two sets(6-4, 7-5), but Medina missed many chances in this match. Shvedova give 13 chances to break for rival and concended 4 serve games. Shvedova won this match, because Medina show really poor second serve(won only 23% points). Flipkens with HC is really good option :)
Event Dushevina - Zakopalova
Selection Dushevina -1.5 Sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.00
Reasoning For me Vera Dushevina have chances to take this match in two sets. Dushevina have nice motivation before this tournament because defend QF from last year.. Dushevina show this motivation in first match at this courts.. In first round play against tennis star Ivanovic and lose first set 2-6, but in next two sets Dushevina playing better and better and won 6-4, 6-2. Zakopalova never go to third round at Seul courts, two years ago lose in second round 2-0 against Makarova. Zakopalova in first round play against Georges and won after three lucky sets, but Georges in last time have problems with injury and this is not good Zakopalova form. I feel two sets for Dushevina in this match.
Event Date Krumm - Pavlyuchenkova
Selection Date Krumm +5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.92
Reasoning In my opinion Date Krumm don't lose this match with 5 games margin. Kimiko play in Asia, feel very good in this conditions, this is Japan player. Kimiko have big experience and feel very good at this courts. Motivation is big - Kimiko in last year won this tournament. In first round in this year beat girls from Q Namigata without too many problems 6-2, 7-5. Pavlyuchenkova in last year lost in second round at this tournament.. In this year in first round play against Rodionova and don't show perfect tennis - 4 double faults, concended 4 serve games and first set won after close TB(8-6). Go Kimiko, you can do it!

Event Pervak - Kleybanova
Selection Pervak +5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.91
Reasoning Both girls from Russia. Both in past not making big results in Seul. In my opinion Pervak can make small suprise in this match, why? Pervak is big talent, in every month make nic progress, this is left hand girl with nice serve and good court moving. Kleybanova have power - ok, but when serve not working have big problems against fast and inteligent rivals. Kleybanova have funny court moving and is FAT. I feel three sets in this match, line is really nice. Go Ksenia!
Event Petrova - King
Selection Under 19.5
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.80
Reasoning Petrova in my opinion destroy King in two sets, I can't image other result. Petrova have patent for this girl - three years ago in Wimbledon won 6-0, 6-1. In this year in Charleston won 6-2, 6-1. Petrova in this tournament seed with number one and won take this title. In first round beat in two fast sets really good Groth. King in first round playing against claycouter Brianti, win in two sets, but Brianti and King show really poor tennis. Vania in this match concended 3 serve games. I see fast 2-0 for Petrova!
Event Voegele - Rodina
Selection Over 21.5
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.00
Reasoning In my opinion this is close match, both players are on similar level, I can't image easy for Voegele or Rodina. Both players in past going to QF in this tournament, in this year can repeat this result. Voegele at this tournament beat no name home player Abdurakhimova in two easy sets, yesterday beat Camerin in two fast sets(rival make 11 double faults). Voegele in this match have only 41% first serve and concended 3 serve games. Rodina in first round beat in two sets Rodionova(concended 3 serve games) and in second round won against Chakvetadze, but Anna retired in second set. Rodina serve not look good. In my opinion many breaks and 3 sets are really propably!
Event Niculescu - Dulgheru
Selection Niculescu +4 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.96
Reasoning In my opinion this line is too high, I give more chances than bookies in this match for Niculescu. Both players from Rumunia and know very good! Dulgheru seed with nr 1, Niculescu seed with nr 5. Mini-Final of this tournament. Niculescu in this tournament two times playing 3 sets - against Diyas and against Ivanova - match against Ivanova is impossible.. Niculescu lost first set 6-0.. but in next two sets give only one game for rival :) Monica in last two years going to QF in this tournament, maybe in this year take SF? Dulgheru not show incredible form. In first round beat Nara in two sets and yesterday have 3 sets against Bychkova. Dulgheru surface is clay.. Niculescu in my opinion take set and HC won without too many problems.
Event Kudryavtseva - Amanmuradova
Selection Over 21.5
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.99
Reasoning I see close match and over is the best option for this game. Kudryavtseva in last weekend go to Final, but lost against great Groth in two sets. At this tournament take two wins in two sets, against Fedak and Panova. Alla serve look very strong and is hard to break, form is very good. Amanmuradova off course have one of the best serve in WTA tour, because is the tallest girl in tour. If have 'good day' make many aces and take many free points at the serve. Next advantage for Amanmuradova is place.. Play at home, know very good this courts and supporters give fire for this girl. Line is not too high.
Sport Tennis
Event Vesnina - Kustova
Selection Under 18.5
Strength 10/10
Date 23/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90
Reasoning I can't image more than 6 games in this match for Kustova, really. Vesnina in this tournament beat two players on Kustova level. In first round 6-3, 6-2 against Tsurenko and in next round 6-2, 6-2 Savchuk. Vesnina holding serve without any problems and waiting for bad rivals moments on the serve. In my opinion in this match break 1-2 two times for set and not concended any serve game. Kustova not show this tennis level, not have any chances in this match, really. Kustova serve is funny. In two matches make 15 double faults! Concended 8 serve games! In both matches playing 3 sets, this is really lucky QF. Vesnina destroy this girl.

Re: Tennis - 20-26 September @ TennisExpert Your last two post are displayed over 5 pages in this forum. Why can´t you just write a normal paragraph as every one else does? And besides: I know you always use 10/10 in your picks, maybe you think about your staking system, if it is flat stakes then please write 5/10 or sth. so that guys who don´t know you won´t get confused.