UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September

Jase82

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September

Why do you need to pick one of them?
I want to bet a huge stake on one of them. I'm confident that both will win but I'll chose just one. I decided to take Barcelona, Rubin ar not as good as you think. Kazan: Ryzhikov - Salukvadze, Navas, Orekhov, Ansaldi - Martins, Noboa, Murawski, Kaleshin - Eduardo, Kornilenko Finally I found there first 11...:notworthy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September I like to use the Double Chance option for Champions League games.Combining double results with Home wins gives the bet a little flexibility admittedly at shorter odds.Tonight I am only confident in Inter Milan winning their game and think Tottenham, Lyon,Benfica,Copenhagen,Rangers and Valencia will avoid defeat.I have omitted the early kick off in Russia as these can ruin a bet before its even got going. BLUE SQ odds 11.5/1 Inter WIN Tottenham WIN OR DRAW Lyon WIN OR DRAW Benfica WIN OR DRAW Copenhagen WIN OR DRAW Rangers WIN OR DRAW Valencia WIN OR DRAW Also with Valencia playing so well at the moment and Man Utd missing Rooney and Scholes and Rangers overdue a home Champions League win I have done a Rangers/Valencia double. BLUE SQ odds 5.3 /1 Rangers to win Valencia to win

I want to bet a huge stake on one of them. I'm confident that both will win but I'll chose just one. I decided to take Barcelona, Rubin ar not as good as you think. Kazan: Ryzhikov - Salukvadze, Navas, Orekhov, Ansaldi - Martins, Noboa, Murawski, Kaleshin - Eduardo, Kornilenko Finally I found there first 11...:notworthy
Ok, we bit of advice mate, if you are ever considering placing a 'huge stake' on a team, don't go primarily on the advice of others. Sure, use their advice and information as a help for you to make your own decision, but in the end make sure the decision is yours, and yours alone before placing big bucks on any form of gambling.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September Hi All , First post on here , Lets hope i get off to a winning start. Win Treble £140 Staked Inter 4/7 Barcelona 4/7 Spurs 4/5 Reason for above bet is i believe the stronger teams will prevail tonight and hopefully less hiccups than normal for most midweek matches. Over 2.5 Goal Treble £60 Staked Spurs v Fc Twente 1.98 Rangers v Buraspor 1.96 Valencia v Man Utd 1.86 Reason for above bet is i expect alot of high score lines tonight , and feel with the above games that both are capable of scoring against each other and fancy at least 3 goals. ALL BETS PLACED WITH LADBROKES Anyways Good Luck Everyone :tongue2

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September I'm backin' Inter + Zenit (tomorrow), double at 2.00 bet365 Inter module 4-3-2-1 now, with Milito confirmed out. After drawin' with Twente, dey must put supm braata in deir efforts. Also a win yahso will boost morale before Juve clash. Think Etoo and Schneider will rise fe di occasion.

I'm backin' Inter + Zenit (tomorrow), double at 2.00 bet365 Inter module 4-3-2-1 now, with Milito confirmed out. After drawin' with Twente, dey must put supm braata in deir efforts. Also a win yahso will boost morale before Juve clash. Think Etoo and Schneider will rise fe di occasion.
Can you please write your posts in proper English as some members may find it hard to understand otherwise. Thanks :)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September Further to previous post of Tottenham and Inter home wins thought I would give a little briefing as to why I see the other games being potential draws. All odds with Stan James. Hapoel Tel Aviv v Lyon DRAW 9/4 Hapoel double chance 1x 8/13 Lyon have yet to establish their rythem in the french league currently sitting in 18th after 7 games in. On the road they have lost all 3 games against Caen 3-2, Bordeaux 2-0 and Lorient 2-0. They narrowly beat a 10 man Schalke 1-0 in the first game. I can see Lyon maybe focussing more on their defensive game in this one and with Israel always being a tough place to go think a draw could be on the cards. Schalke v Benfica DRAW 9/4 Benfica double chance x2 8/13 Both sides have started their domestic league campaigns below pre season expectations. Benfica seem to be in process of turning this around and confidence should be on the up after 3 consecutive wins. Schalke have recorded 1 win all season and have yet to win at home having lost 2 and drew 1. 4 points from 6 games overall is a worry. Both will be fighting it out for qualification in a what may well prove a competitive group. A draw seems likely given Benfica's recent improvement and Schalke with their improved 4 points in last 2 games. Rangers v Bursaspor DRAW 12/5 under 2.5 8/11 Rangers did superb in going to old trafford and getting a point in the last round of games v man utd. They offered little going forward but defended well with their numbers behind the ball. This time around I can see them being on the end of a similar determined Bursaspor looking for at least a point. Yes they lost 0-4 at home to Valencia but that was their Champions League debut and they can be forgiven. Valencia have players who can damage you on the counter and are a very good outfit still even if they did sell David Villa and Silva they have replaced them well. I think Rangers may nick the odd goal to clinch a win but can't see them running riot. Imo this will be a tense game 0-0 or 1-0 Rangers. Valencia v Man United DRAW 9/4 under 2.5 8/11 Another tense affair imo think both teams will treat the other with the upmost respect. Valencia have started la liga in impressive fashion winning 4 of their opening 5 games drawing 1-1 at home against a good Athletico Madrid side. Man United apparantly Giggs and Scholes may be out and Rooney will be missing through injury. Berbatov and Owen may both start and there could be a first start in midfield for Carrick to partner Fletcher, which would see the defence get more protection from midfield. I fancy the draw but the unders is also appealing may even be 0-0 affair imo.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September Schalke v Benfica Schalke's home games in the Bundesliga have all gone over 2.5 so far this season with both teams scoring. Benfica have gone over 2.5 in 2 0f their 3 away games in league (the other a 1-0 win over maritimo who can't score for their lives) Over 2.5 Paddypower 2.1 Inter v Werder B Inter's two home games in Serie a both overs whilst Werder have notched up 2 4-1 defeats in between a 0-0 with Bayern Was looking at overs but don't like the 1.66 on offer Panathaninaikos v Copenhagen Pana have managed a 2-1 win and 1-1 draw in their 2 home games whilst all of Copenhagen's 5 away games have gone over 2.5 Over 2.5 goals Paddypower 2.2

Ok' date=' we bit of advice mate, if you are ever considering placing a 'huge stake' on a team, don't go primarily on the advice of others. Sure, use their advice and information as a help for you to make your own decision, but in the end make sure the decision is yours, and yours alone before placing big bucks on any form of gambling.[/quote'] Absolutely agree.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September Panathinaikos v Copenhagen DRAW 23/10 Double Chance Copenhagen 10/11 I think Copenhagen are a solid outfit in league after 10 games they have a record of 8 wins, 2 draws and no losses. They achieved a fantastic 3 points in their opening fixture of this competition against Ruben. I do think they will get at least a point in this game. They will be more conservative in this game and can afford to be more defensive minded given their opening day win. Panathinaikos were on the back end of a Barcelona hurt by home defeat prior to the game and got stung 5-1. Greek teams are usually solid at home with fanatical support from the terraces but I read that Panathinaikos have some injury problems, which has edged me more towards Copenhagen although a draw looks favourable and Copenhagen would happily take this. Ruben Kazan v Barcelona DRAW 11/4 Under 2.5 goals 4/5 Last season Ruben shocked Barcelona at the Nou Camp with a 2-1 win and drew 0-0 in the home tie. Barcelona are without Lionel Messi and in their previous home game against Sporting Giyon only managed a slender 1-0 win. Without Messi Barcelona do not seem to be as creative and have at times appeared static offensively having watched both the giyon game and the 0-2 loss to Hercules at the Nou Camp that included Messi. Away from home they have shown good form winning all 3 games. Barca have drawn 4 out of last 6 champs league games away from home and another here would not surprise me. The unders market is appealing though as Barca may well clinch a win by the odd goal.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September Afternoon all, Back with another pick tonight.. Tottenham V Twente - Tottenham win @ 1.83 (Bet365) I watched Spurs v Young Boys at White Heart Lane a number of weeks ago in the CL qualifier and I was really impressed with the energy not only the team displayed, but also the fans. They really were like a twelth man that evening and I think tonight we could be in for more of the same. This is what the Tottenham players, staff, fans and anyone associated with the club have been looking forward to all summer, a Champions League (proper) game at the Lane. I have a sneaky feeling they wont let it be a drab affair. As was mentioned earlier by SpiritOf67, Spurs have not been firing on all cylinders this season domestically, I have to agree and argue that perhaps they have been slightly subconciously distracted by the prospect of competing in Europe's elite competition and tonight is the night they players all want to impress in. With Defoe missing through injury, I think Crouch and probably Pavyluchenko will lead the line although I would not be too surprised if the latter dropped to the bench and Robbie Keane played a big part tonight. Crouch will be a handfull for the Twente defence all evening and if things do get a bit stagnant in trying to play and pass their way to a lead, then they have the option of hitting high balls up to the big man, a tactic which has worked rather well in previous games for Harry Redknapp's men. The midfeild is really where I feel the game can and will be won though. With Modric, Lennon, Van Der Vaart and possibly Bale all offering attacking abilities which would cause concern for most defences, Palacios will be given the role of protecting that weakend back fouor with probably Hutton (who can be a major attacking threat) playing if Corluka or King are drafted in to partner Bassong in the center with Assu-Ekotto playing on the left. The team has the right balance of attacking option's, height, skill and work ethic to get that must sought after win tonight and I can see them giving the fans a game to remember. Tottenham win at those odds represent value for me, Goodluck everyone :hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September 1) Tottenham vs Twente. Over 3.5 goals. 3.50 @ Victor Chandler. Harry said that Spurs are going to attack today because they barely have a fit defender. That's so true. Anyway I couldn't imagine them not attacking. Goals galore today and I'm going for at least 4 goals to be scored. Price is too good to be missed! 2) Schalke vs Benfica. Over 2.5 goals. 2.16 @ 118bet I see value in overs here. Schalke has got huge attacking potential with players like Raul and Huntelaar at their disposal. The team isn't just clicking at the moment but there have been positive signs lately. Benfica also likes attacking football so I naturally expect open math from these two teams and therefor some goals,too. 3) Inter -1.5 AH vs Werder. 2.37 @ Bet365 Not a fan of Inter under Rafa Benitez, but they are making progress. Werder are a huge mess in Bundesliga and did beat Hamburg over the weekend but were lucky to do so. They are hit badly by injuries and are missing quite a lot important players. I expect Inter to have this one pretty comfortably.

At SPL level Rangers are extremely solid at home, have a look at their last Champions League home fixtures though from last season competition.. Rangers 1 - 4 Sevilla Rangers 1 - 4 Unirea Urziceni Rangers 0 - 2 Stuttgart The Champions League as a massive step up in standard from domestic football in Scotland.
Good point, and I think Bursaspor will produce a surprise result here. Bursaspor -1 @ 8.50 William Hill

1) Tottenham vs Twente. Over 3.5 goals. 3.50 @ Victor Chandler. Harry said that Spurs are going to attack today because they barely have a fit defender. That's so true. Anyway I couldn't imagine them not attacking. Goals galore today and I'm going for at least 4 goals to be scored. Price is too good to be missed! .
Agree with this but will likely take the safer option of OVER 2.5 goals @ 1.90 (Bet365):hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September Messi starts on the bench for Barcelona.. ---------------Valdes---------------- Alves-----Pique--------Puyol----Maxwell --------------Mascherano------------ Xavi---------------------------Busquets ---------------Inesta----------------- ---------Villa------------Pedro---------- Should still be able to win in Russia in my opinion :hope

Messi starts on the bench for Barcelona.. ---------------Valdes---------------- Alves-----Pique--------Puyol----Maxwell --------------Mascherano------------ Xavi---------------------------Busquets ---------------Inesta----------------- ---------Villa------------Pedro---------- Should still be able to win in Russia in my opinion :hope
Still the best team in the world even without the best player in the world! Crazy

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September Mascherano will make a bit of a difference in there with his presence especially in breaking up Rubin's counter attacks, and with him being eager to impress after a slow start to his Barcelona career. I know that from personal experience being a Liverpool supporter, Mascherano was vital for us in games where we used to dominate the field and the possession, he was simply brilliant in getting back and breaking everything that the opposition tried to do on the counter. Even more so now in a more natural 3 man midfield with Busquets in there, he'll be able to roam more and protect the full backs, go out of position more - something he loves to do, and it's just almost a perfect fit in this kind of match. I also take the critics for Barcelona and their start to the season as a bit of a extra advantage for them to go at a place like Kazan and win the game in their own way like they usually do. Even without Messi, it's still a really good team - it's still one of the very best teams in the world, and with Javier they simply get a bit of that extra safety in these type of games I think it's vital especially in European games. I'm backing the Barcelona backers, a surprise happened last time and Rubin did well, but this time the majority of the people will get their money back.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September I agree the price is too short for a team travelling to Russia. Rubin are a side who took four points off Barca last season. I watched the game in Russia. Rubin played a defensive counter attacking system which worked really well. They were rock solid at the back and always looked dangerous going forward.

I agree the price is too short for a team travelling to Russia. Rubin are a side who took four points off Barca last season. I watched the game in Russia. Rubin played a defensive counter attacking system which worked really well. They were rock solid at the back and always looked dangerous going forward.
You'll do well to find Barcelona priced up at 1.66-1.7 against a team of similar calibre to Rubin at a domestic level. I feel taking into consideration the game is in Russia, 1.66-1.70 seems a good shout. As has been mentioned earlier, the temperature at the Centralni stadium is 15oC, ALOT warmer than the -10oC they faced on their last visit to play Rubin. I can see Barcelona winning this and I am going to go with my initial bet.

In my opinion Rubin is either as strong as they were last year or maybe a little bit weaker' date=' while Barcelona got even stronger with purchase of David Villa and Mascherano. After losing 1-2 at home to Rubin last year the 1 word comes to my mind REVENGE. The weather in Kazan is not cold and I am quite sure Barcelona will be able to win by more than 1 goal.[/quote'] Maybe this desire of revenge will play bad joke with them... I am sure, Rubin isn't easy team to play with, even if Barcelona is opponent. It won't be easy walk for away team. Followed this. Think it's one of the safest bets for me today... GL 2all:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September Just wanted to give some info for the Rangers- Bursa game. Maybe it can be useful for people that will bet on this game. Bursaspor had a really solid team last year, personally I think if that team was playing in Champions League this year, then Bursa could even pass Valencia and become second in the group. This year manager Ertuğrul Sağlam made some changes on the team and to be honest I did not like any of them. My point is that they seem weakend then the last year. But altough they were a good team they have won the title in Turkey mostly because Galatasaray, Beşiktaş and Fenerbahçe were so poor. In the game they always try to stick to their tactical plans and play as a team rather than relying on individual performances. And if something ruins this (For example in Valencia game that fact was their lack of experince in European Cups) then they totally mess like they lost to Valencia 0-4. If we look at Bursaspor's games this year Bursaspor 1 - 0 Konyaspor Galatasaray 0 - 2 Bursaspor Sivasspor 0 - 2 Bursaspor Bursaspor 2 - 1 Eskişehirspor Gaziantepspor 0 - 1 Bursaspor Bursaspor 1 - 0 Bucaspor we see that their tactics are still working. But if we look close we will see that only Galatasaray game is a competing game. And that time Galatasaray was playing really really bad. Konyaspor- 6 points after 6 games Sivasspor- 5 points after 6 games Eskişehirspor- 2 points after 6 games ( manager is sacked this week) Gaziantepspor- 6 points after 6 games (game was postponed and the federation decided for the result) Bucaspor- 5 points after 6 games (newly promoted) So as a result I don't think that this year Bursaspor can be successful if they continue like that. And for tonights game, I think Bursa will firstly try not to concede a goal and then will try to score in counters as always. So if Rangers try to defend firstly or do not ruin Bursaspor's tactical plans in someway(like playing fast,changing the sides quickly etc..), then Bursa won't lose this game. But my opinion is the best bet would be under 2.5 goals. At last the probable line up with my thoughts on player abilities. -----------------------------İvankov(7.5/10)--------------------------- Ali Tandoğan(7.5/10)----Ömer(8/10)---Stepanov(7/10)--Vederson(7/10)- -------------------Hüseyin(7/10)--------Ergiç(7.5/10)------------------ Volkan(8.5/10)---------------------------------------------Ozan(7.5/10) -----------------------Batalla(7/10)------------------------------------ ------------------------------------Sercan(8.5/10)--------------------- Overall if Bursaspor plays good as a team Volkan Şen and Sercan Yıldırım can be the stars of tonight.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September Valencia - Man United Quite fancy Valencia tonight to pull off a result against Man United. Don’t have much time so I’ll be brief. Man United are missing Scholes, Giggs, Neville and Rooney. Rooney being injured may actually be of benefit to the team considering how poorly he’s been playing of late but the other three are important losses to United in this game. It’s the type of tough game experience plays a major part in and this trio are without a shadow the most experienced players at the club. Scholes in particular has been playing some fantastic football and his loss in the centre of the park could be monumental to the team. These losses, coupled with the long term injuries to Hargreaves, Valencia and co, could prove pivotal. It’s been an average, if not disappointing, start to the season for Man United and their away form has been quite erratic. I have my doubts about Berbatov’s ability to lead the line on his own and I also hold reservations about how fit Ferdinand is after so long out. Valencia on the other hand seem to have no major injury concerns Ever Banegra aside. He is a major loss but they’ve been without him all season so far and seem to have coped admirably. Indeed they’ve defied the early season predictions and despite the loss of their two best players in the summer, appear to be perhaps more solid than they were last season. They’re sitting top of La Liga and were very impressive in dismantling Bursapor two weeks ago in Turkey, never an easy place to go. I usually loath to bet against Man United but when one consider that they’ve only won 1 game in 18 on Spanish soil, the argument appears to tip in the favour of the hosts. It’s an incredible stat and one which has to come to an end at some stage no doubt. However there is obviously a mental block or something about playing in Spain for Man United and to add to that they’ve struggled to score in Spain as well. It’ll be a fascinating game, albeit a low-scoring affair I’d imagine, and one relatively tough to call. My main worry would be that it’ll finish 0-0 so I’ll probably have a little saver on that before kick-off. However, whilst I took Valencia earlier in the week when they were around 9/4, I’d still be prepared to take them at their current price of around 13/8 Valencia at 9/4

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September Barcelona dominating possession, not really creating any clear cut chances, Messi to come on soon it seems. Anyone taking them in play? Barca win is currently 4/1 (I would put this in Livescore chat thread but there isn't one) * Edit * Minutes later its 1-1 with a Villa penalty (I didn't take 4/1) I think Kazan will continue to play the same way (11 men behind the ball) but I believe Barca will now go on to win this.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 29th September VALENCIA - MAN UTD under 2.5 8/11 CORAL:nana:nana:nana:nana without rooney in the ranks, coupled with the 4-5-1 system they are likely to use, i cant see your typical united display tonight, i expect them to sit back and hope to nick a goal whilst ensuring valencia dont get the 3 points. I think avoiding losing the game is number one priority tonight and they will have to defend well to do that. and i think they will, they will not be as open going forward as they feel the have to be in the premier league and can limit valencia. anything can happen in the 1x2 market in this game in my opinion but i only see a tight game with 3 possible out comes, 1-0, 0-0, 0-1. They have only won once in 18 visits to spain, they may well make it 2, bu it wont be comfortble. RANGERS - BURSASPOR DNB 7/4 coral:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:cry rangers have picked up results consistantly this season, but lets face it, they should be in scotland. they defended superbly at old trafford and got a great point but they surely cant expect to do that at ibrox against bursaspor, they will attack and defend in even numbers i think and allow bursaspor some space. If bursaspor have the quality to pass quickly and counter attack i think they will have some joy, much the same way they did against galatasary away. Having won the turkish league and started well this season i think confidence will be high and they wont have the infiriority complex they maybe had against valencia. This is a knockout for 3rd place i think and the home team are under pressure to make home advantage count and i think bursaspor can take advantage and come away with a win, but il cover with the DNB. SPURS - TWENTE 5/6 coral:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana with nothing but a qualifying round to go on its not easy to point at hard facts, but spurs despatched young boys comfortably after a less than convincing away game. Then they played superbly first half against werder bremen but didnt see it through. I think they are learning fast in the champions league and know if they want to continue this is a must win game. Even with out defoe they have goalscorers in the team and with lennon back they should win comfortably, and in my opinion they will win by 2. Ive gone for 3 doubles and a treble with the treble at 8.66 with coral best price. gl everyone:hope