** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Help with Calculation, if you can??

wiw4

Im sure its an easy answer, but have wrecked my brain trying to figure this out, so after a few no-go googles I've decided to see if anyone in here can help. I find an example always helps: Lets say you have a system with a 12% strike rate (SR), to find the odds you need per selection; to break even at level stakes you usually go 1/SR, so 1/0.12 = 8.33 or 7.33/1. Is a lay system the same only you're laying rather than backing or is there a different calculation. Any help appreciated!!

Re: Help with Calculation, if you can?? Nice table, Skylark! And Wiw, if you lay, then you may convert your lay odds into equivalent back odds, and then find appropriate strike rate in above table; formula is: Back odds = (Lay odds) / (Lay odds - 1) For example, if your lay odds are 3.00, then equivalent back odds are 1.50, i.e, laying at odds of 3.00 means the same exposure/profit ratio as backing at 1.50; don't forget to include commission, though - 1.50 without commission means 1.475 after commission.