** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The "Compound Interest" Strategy

jeremda01

Hi all! So, The strategy is to start off with $100 and bet on low odds of 1.01 to 1.08 and continually do this over a number of times (betting with the winnings after that). I figured that it could take at least 110 times to do this to reach $1,000,000 I have done this with virtual money on another website and raked in $18,000 odd and did it with higher stakes though. Could you all please give me some advice please before i go ahead with this idea. Do you know other punters who have tried this and what was their outcome, are they still going etc? THANKS :D

Re: The "Compound Interest" Strategy One thing that immediately comes to mind is that 110 bets would not make you reach $1,000,000. 110 bets at 1.08 (your max odds) would give a return of $474912 from your $100. By all means, a very decent amount, but it would be an amazing accomplishment to win 110 bets in a row at odds of 1.08. Your chance of making it is about 0.021% (assuming the bookmaker offers a 100% book, which of course he does not). And - that, again, is assuming you get odds of 1.08 on all matches. If your average is 1.05 you will "only" win $21420 from 110 bets. That will require a lot of stamina, as it takes 48 bets just to round the $1000 mark. OK, just some numbers, no real advice, just be aware of the extremely slim chances. Still an interesting project to do for fun. Good luck!

Re: The "Compound Interest" Strategy okay yeah your right i did an excel spreadsheet etc and got the same numbers that you got (474912). so, i think i'll go "slow and steady wins the race" style on this. i reckon also that even 2000 would be an amazing accomplishment for me :D.

Re: The "Compound Interest" Strategy I had a quick read of this and i must give my opinion. If you have a look at ScottyXs records on here you will see he got to 350 on the trot.He has since tried to beat this again & again and has not yet. Scottys odds are between 1.01-1.02 (If thats a fair gauge) and yet he still managed to hit a winner.You are trying 1.01-1.08. Yes you may have got to $18,000 on a trial run but i must point out (as others will) that this is using fake money.It is 100% different when it comes to using you own hard earned. Going "All In" is a sure way to the poor house.It makes no sense at all to do this in betting.Statistically you WILL hit a winner/Loser, so you must allow for this.Im my opinion if you go all in and hope to win in the long run then you are sadly mistaken. Scottyxs was banking along the way as he knows he will hit on eventually. Sorry to keep using scotty but its the best example to use on here regarding low odds betting.I would have a look at some of his threads if i were you. What you need to do (In my opinion) is sit down and work out exactly "what" market you plan to bet in.Then work out how often it happens or what percentage S/R you hope to achieve, then base your stake and start bank around this. Protecting your bank at all times is a must.Stake accordingly.Take your time as there is NO rush. i would rather get to my goal in 5 years than to go bust 50 times trying in 5 years. I hope this helps and make sense.:ok