Epsom - Bank Hol Mon 30th Aug

Re: Epsom - Bank Hol Mon 30th Aug I'm guna take an early bet on Desert Phantom in the class 2 handicap sprint at 16/1 bet365. Still lightly raced and form as a 2 year old was very strong including winning a listed race. All of those were on ground with cut so im hoping some rain falls or the ground doesnt dry out to much, good ground should still be ok. Barely seen as a 3 year old but the in form Simcock yard have persisted with him and he did show a lot more last time out. A decent class 3 at York he finished just over 4 lengths behind the winner under a hand and heels ride but was also very badly hampered a furlong or so out. A lot of pace on in this race and i reckon this one will sit in just behind from a good draw. Hills only going 12/1, 16/1 looks massive to me.

Re: Epsom - Bank Hol Mon 30th Aug 3:10 Epsom - Oldjoesaid - 2pts e/w @ 10/1 (Bet365) It's only a matter of time before this fellow clicks again, he's a long time without a win, April 2008 to be exact but that was off a mark of 19lbs higher and on soft ground, he'll get cut in the ground today and 3 of his 4 of his career wins have come with cut in the ground, all of which were off higher marks than todays. He hasn't run with much zest this season but that's due to the ground in my opinion bar one race where he was 15/16 on softer ground but that was over 6f which he's ineffective at and he's over an even 5f now at a track he has experienced twice which included one good 4th place on quick enough ground, whilst the other was a write-off due to the rapidly fast ground. Neil Callan takes the ride today for Kevin Ryan, they have a decent 14% strike record together. Callan hasn't been in great form of late but he hasn't had too many decent rides of late but will hopefully be able to change that here on this fellow who should be an ideal ride for him. There will be a good pace in the race which will suit him and he's drawn perfectly in stall 7. He has moved from 14/1 into 10/1 overnight also so he's being backed from somewhere so hopefully today is the day. I'll be very surprised if we don't see him come back to himself on this ground and put in a good effort, he looks well overpriced to me and on his day is the best horse in the race. Should be a 5/1 shot in my opinion, has everything going for him and is worthy of a medium each way bet and he's my Nap of the day.

Re: Epsom - Bank Hol Mon 30th Aug 3.10 Epsom Titus Andronicus is one of three in this small field trained by Dandy Nicholls, he is drawn in stall 1 which isnt very good but in a field this sized it may not matter too much, he acts on all surfaces and especially with some cut in the ground and ran his best race for a long time last time out behind Rasaman, runs off same mark today and must hold a solid chance of a place at the very least at a decent price. 0.5pt e/w titus andronicus 13/2 sj 4.55 Epsom Hard to count many of these out of this but Blues Music chased home the very useful looking Absinthe by 1/2length last time out and he went on to win very easy off a 4lb higher mark next time. Blues music is up 2lb which is fair considering his lightly raced profile, has shaped well on good ground before at goodwood to suggest he should cope with condtions and course. 0.5pt win blues music 7/2 sj

Re: Epsom - Bank Hol Mon 30th Aug 5:30 Epsom: Not In The Clock 2pts win 8/1 Sportingbet Not In the Clock bumped in to Azlak on his first handicap start and that rival went on to run up several wins and is currently rated 85. Not In the Clock is very lightly raced and if he can show some improvement then there is every chance here.