UEFA Super Cup > Friday 27th August

• 2 weeks later...

Re: UEFA Super Cup > Friday 27th August In general Inter struggles against Spanish teams with some exceptions when they beat Valencia 4-1 and last year Barcelona 3-1 and considering that it is begining of the season I don't believe Inter will be able to win in the normal time. I even see this one going to penalties.

Re: UEFA Super Cup > Friday 27th August I don't know - I can see quite a good chance for Inter to get this match done. They are both due to start their season and I know that Inter have already played some pretty good sides. They just beat Roma 3-1 in the Super Cup. I haven't seen Atletico at all but I have my impression of them. Calamitous at the back, direct in Midfield and pretty dangerous up front. This Inter side have dealt with sides far superior, it is just a question of how prepared they are. I've taken them with small stakes but the price has dropped pretty quickly. There are too many issues with Atletico, Inter are a well oiled machine. If Aguero and Forlan don't play well I think it could get messy for them. Inter are currently 1.90 on Bet365.

Re: UEFA Super Cup > Friday 27th August

I don't know - I can see quite a good chance for Inter to get this match done. They are both due to start their season and I know that Inter have already played some pretty good sides. They just beat Roma 3-1 in the Super Cup. I haven't seen Atletico at all but I have my impression of them. Calamitous at the back, direct in Midfield and pretty dangerous up front. This Inter side have dealt with sides far superior, it is just a question of how prepared they are. I've taken them with small stakes but the price has dropped pretty quickly. There are too many issues with Atletico, Inter are a well oiled machine. If Aguero and Forlan don't play well I think it could get messy for them. Inter are currently 1.90 on Bet365.
That's a good reasoning, but personally I see a value in Milito scoring in this game. Inter has been playing attacking football under Mourinho and after watching their game against Roma it looks like they will do the same under Benitez. As you mentioend the team is very organised and on average Milito scores every other game. He didn't score against Roma so I think he will do it against Atletico and win Inter the Super Cup. Milito to Score @ 2.40 paddy power

Re: UEFA Super Cup > Friday 27th August UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 7-6-1 +0.21 units (53.84%) Inter -112 to win 1 unit Probably should't be betting this game but I can Inter winning this one just 1-0, Atletico Madrid has a great offensive game. But they are bad defensively. They are terrible away from home. I just hope I'm not cursing Rafa in the 90th minute here, but Inter should win.

Re: UEFA Super Cup > Friday 27th August Wouldnt like to pick a winner in this one, Inter are a class above Atletico and should win easy but I dont think much of their manager and they are a bit short considering its a friendly. The favourite has been turned over regularly in this match. Instead I'll go with over 2.5 goals. Why? Well, because Atletico are playing :lol Apart from that, 7 of the last 10 super cups have gone over. I know Inter are not a free scoring side and Benitez will do nothing to improve that, but I was surprised that the overs were odds-against. Over 2.5 goals @ 2.1 (paddys) 1 point

Re: UEFA Super Cup > Friday 27th August Official formations: INTER: Julio Cesar, Maicon, Samuel, Lucio, Chivu; Stankovic, J.Zanetti, Cambiasso; Sneijder, Eto'o; Milito. ATLETICO MADRID: De Gea; Ujfalusi, Perea, Godin, Alvaro Dominguez; Paulo Assunçao; Reyes, Raul Garcia, Simao; Aguero, Forlan. Captain Zanetti is back. He is a motivator. A crushin' is on, same as with Roma. No one has Inter conditionin', right now. Inter Milan -2 odds 7.20 Bet365. Off in pub fe see de match.

Re: UEFA Super Cup > Friday 27th August INTER MILAN V.S. ATLETIC MADRID - (AH) INTER MILAN -0.5 @ 2.10 ladbrokes The team that Rafael Benitez inherited should be good enough to win Atletico Madrid. Besides, they are the European champions so i think there shouldn't be a drop in standard even Mourihno isn't there.

Re: UEFA Super Cup > Friday 27th August Great plan Atletico, coverin' Schneider, and counterattackin'. Coward Benitez, pumpin' de defense, and leavin' Scheider and Etoo so-so behind Milito. late substitution of Stankovic, and what about dat game with tall balls? Milito ain't Mijatovic, he's too heavy for acrobatics. Hope Benitez learned supm tonight.

Re: UEFA Super Cup > Friday 27th August

That's a good reasoning, but personally I see a value in Milito scoring in this game. Inter has been playing attacking football under Mourinho and after watching their game against Roma it looks like they will do the same under Benitez. As you mentioend the team is very organised and on average Milito scores every other game. He didn't score against Roma so I think he will do it against Atletico and win Inter the Super Cup. Milito to Score @ 2.40 paddy power
Best striker and best player of last season :wall

Re: UEFA Super Cup > Friday 27th August Inter were simply horrible in every aspect of the tactics and motivation..Rafa started to experiment on a very wrong night , on a cup night, and it was clear he will not succeed..Atletico were just deserved winners last night.. Congrats to all Atletico fans nonetheless.

Re: UEFA Super Cup > Friday 27th August I wish I had watched this match now. I am very surprised that Atletico managed to win, even though they are pretty good in the cup matches. Benitez must have fcuked this up somehow. He played 4-3-1-2 which seems reasonable, even though the 4-2-1-3 worked very well last year. Highlights wont serve as well but I want to somehow see how this happened. Perhaps Inter just weren't on it last night.