Tennis - 16-22 August

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August

Have a weird feeling that Fish will lose this one in tie-break. Had few chances early on in the 3d set and failed to take them. Has been playing quite poorly on return since.
Same here, plus I picked him no-one wins when I pick them lately.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Remember tipping Schiavone to beat Wozniakci at the French Open. Schiavone's back-hand slice and all-round patience are great tools to have against Caroline and they should serve her well whenever they meet. Tonight should be close.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Pathetic Zvonareva also without brains. Like most Russians on WTA. Break in the 2nd set, couple points for double break lead. Throws everything away. So annoying shit like that happens, even more so when it happens against Kim who plays her worst tennis since coming back to tour.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August What a clown Djokovic in that 11th game. Incredible choke by Roddick @ first time when serving for the match but Novak let him get away with it. And cheers to Zvonareva. Kim finally well beaten and got what she deserved for all of those undeserved wins. Ok, she was sort of injured at the end but was poor already during 2nd part of the 2nd set as well.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August yeah, unbelievable Djokovic, seems he have some mentaly problems nowadays, what do you think about Davy - Fed? should be a close mach for sure, an over looks a good bet , but value bet for sure is on Davy odd around 3.2 , i'm really thinking to take it

yeah' date=' unbelievable Djokovic, seems he have some mentaly problems nowadays, what do you think about Davy - Fed? should be a close mach for sure, an over looks a good bet , but value bet for sure is on Davy odd around 3.2 , i'm really thinking to take it[/quote'] If they will be playing again in New York, will take -4 games on Federer. Like I did in Aussie Open. I'm avoiding touching Federer in non Grand Slam events. Anything could happen.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August So as I said earlier, taking Schiavone > Wozniacki. 3.25 @ Stan James (5/10) and also having under 21.5 games in Azarenka v Bartoli match. 1.85 @ Sportingbet (6/10). Schiavone reasoning: This is the first tournament since French Open when Schiavone has recorded back to back wins. That will give her massive confidence boost. Read somewhere that she feels very good in this tournament so that would cheer her up finally. Wozniacki has struggled in the past against Schiavone and I expect her to have tough times today again. The Italian has got very nice variety to her game and she plays not online from baseline but loves to come to the net as well. Wozniacki has not been convincing lately and Schiavone will love the opportunity to play today. Wozniacki is all about hitting balls back from the baseline. She attacks very rarely and waits for opponents making mistakes. Schiavone is an attacking type and should be able to get past Wozniacki today. Mixing up play and making dropshots and slices will work against Wozniacki who is very good at running along the baseline but will be caught out when forced to run towards the net to pick up short balls. All in all Schiavone massively underrated and has got decent chance here. Under 21.5 games reasoning: Azarenka is a nightmare match-up for Bartoli and in normal conditions Vika should get easy win in straight sets losing few games. Bartoli managed to push Azarenka all the way in her last meeting which was few weeks ago in Stanford. For set and a half Marion was unplayable she was set and 3-1 up and then collapsed. Azarenka bounced back and run away with it. I think this match will be won in the first set today. Bartoli won't come back after losing first set against player who has beaten her 4 times. She's mentally very weak. Having seen their previous meeting I'm not ruling out Bartoli win here, as well. Funny it might sound but it could happen. Like I said she was set and break up and cruising but couldn't close it out. Maybe she will this time if gets into another healthy position. Under 21.5 games looks really good. Would have taken even couple games less than that.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Great calls on Roddick and Fish, glad i got on both in a multi for a tidy profit :cheers. Looking at the overs in the Schiavone/Woznicaki game merely as i enjoy Wozniackis assthetics :ok, but with Schiavone at the other end though i'll probably go cross eyed, i may just throw it on and keep away from the tv or try to find Wozniacki cam or something, and yes i'm aware it's a sound betting strategy thank you.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Superb last game by Federer to break Davy @ 5-4 and take the first set. Btw, Davy on fire. Saw bits of him against Ferrer last night. He is not out of form, he just likes to fix matches quite often, but is a reliable quantity in matches against top players like Nadal and Federer. He will give 100% in these matches.

Baghy has no chance against Nadal tonight. Nadal to win and set up a mouth watering semi against Federer. I understand a few factors against Nadal or for Baghy to win but really can't see it at all.
Looking at how they are both playing, it is going to be close.

Quite like a few bets today... Cincinnati: Rafael Nadal vs Marcos Baghdatis - Over 22 games AH @ 1.909 with Pinnacle (4/10) Another line that I see as being a bit too generous. Nadal leads the H2H 6-0 but on three occasions on a hard court, Baghdatis has taken him the distance and it wouldn't surprise me if he did so again. The Cypriot is playing really well and will relish playing infront of a packed night session crowd. One important thing is that he's starting to find his serve again here, which is crucial for Baghdatis. I also think Nadal is starting to struggle a bit in the quick conditions here. The courts are very speedy and that doesn't play to the Spaniards strengths. He showed against Benneteau yesterday that he's out of touch a tad and I expect Baghdatis to go full throttle in this one. The Cypriot is more than capable of keeping this very close if he continues his current level of tennis and I see no reason why he won't do so. :hope
followed you here Atko :hope