Tennis - 16-22 August

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August roddick at something like 3 against djokovic, he won the last 3 meetings against the serb and is playing at home... , however the fact that he wasted 8 break points (including 3 match points..) in the last 2 games of the 3rd set against soderling is not very re-assuring... , 0 out of 8, that is baaaaaaaaaaaaad, or at least roddick to win a set @1,80 opinions?

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Quite like a few bets today... Cincinnati: Mardy Fish vs Andy Murray - Mardy Fish +2 games AH @ 2.04 with Pinnacle (5/10) I don't agree with the bookmakers in making Murray such a heavy favourite. Fish is playing extremely well at the moment and is serving out of a tree - he's firing aces all over the shop and even Murray will find it difficult to break him here. He's also a player that Murray has difficulty in beating - the H2H is 3-3 and Fish has won their last two encounters, on grass and on hard. Murray also picked up a wee injury in his marathon match with Gulbis yesterday and with the US Open his priority, I wonder how far he'll want to stretch himself here. Now that Soderling is out, he is assured of the no.4 seeding at Flushing Meadows, which is very important for him. I wonder now if he'll take his foot of the gas a bit. Fish is probably guaranteed a seeding there now too but in front of an American crowd and with him on a big crest of a wave, I think he may win this one or at least keep it very close. Handicap and odds too generous IMO on a player who causes Murray problems. Cincinnati: Rafael Nadal vs Marcos Baghdatis - Over 22 games AH @ 1.909 with Pinnacle (4/10) Another line that I see as being a bit too generous. Nadal leads the H2H 6-0 but on three occasions on a hard court, Baghdatis has taken him the distance and it wouldn't surprise me if he did so again. The Cypriot is playing really well and will relish playing infront of a packed night session crowd. One important thing is that he's starting to find his serve again here, which is crucial for Baghdatis. I also think Nadal is starting to struggle a bit in the quick conditions here. The courts are very speedy and that doesn't play to the Spaniards strengths. He showed against Benneteau yesterday that he's out of touch a tad and I expect Baghdatis to go full throttle in this one. The Cypriot is more than capable of keeping this very close if he continues his current level of tennis and I see no reason why he won't do so. Cincinnati: Andy Roddick vs Novak Djokovic - Over 23 games AH @ 1.917 with Pinnacle (4/10) I feel a bit sorry for Roddick here as the organisers have done him no favours in this one, not scheduling him for the night session after his epic with Soderling. He's a fighter though, and I'd expect him to give everything in this match against a player he has a very good record against. He's beaten Djokovic the last couple of time to record a 4-2 H2H and with his serve firing extremely well, he's almost always guaranteed free points in each service game. Djokovic, however, has got plenty to play for too. He's defending his title here and is always a battler when he's got something to cling on to. He was pretty impressive in dismissing Nalbandian yesterday and I think he may struggle less on his serve as he has the edge over Roddick in long rallies. Their games match up well and I can see both scrapping to get to a semi-final, particularly Roddick, who wants to break back into the Top 10 for his pride, if nothing more. Should be close and has a decent chance of covering the line. :hope

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August I like Baghdatis to put in a good display tonight. Nadal vs Baghdatis OVER 21.5 games @ 10/11 (Paddy Power:4/10) Bit sloppy from Nadal this week, played OK vs Dent and stepped up to put Benneteau away in 3.Gave up quite a few breaks in that one and his returns were weak alot of the time, not enough depth. I've seen these play a few times, end of last year Nadal wasn't in great form but dug out a 3 set win....Baghy just couldn't maintain the level to win. Bit like Wozniacki/Pennetta last night, Pennetta throughout their h2h just cannot continue to consistently hit winners.Saying that I think Baghy is playing well,while Rafa looks pretty vulnerable so I think he can push Nadal here to 2 good sets or possibly 3. GL! Huge price on Schiavone and Bartoli. Not sure I trust either to win but still big prices. Disappointed with Fish at 2.2-2.4.....I can understand it after Murray struggled yesterday and grabbed his leg a few times, plus Fish playing well. But Fish was over 6.00 and then 4.00 in their matches earlier this year. Was hoping to get around 2.75-3.00, not gonna play it now but I think he'll win.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Call me crazy, but I am basically going for all of the underdogs today. Just screams value to me and I have to play that, even though I am definitely not going crazy with the stakes on some of them :tongue2. Marcos Baghdatis to bt. Rafael Nadal (4.40 at Pinnacle) 2/10 Reckon this is worth a try for smaller stakes, but you can call me crazy of course. Baghdatis is playing well though and is like a better version of Benneteau who seriously troubled Nadal yesterday. Nadal also had an injury time-out and may be looking to rest before the US Open - it is not his style, but he knows he may not last for so many matches on hard courts. Dismal 0-6 record, but Baggy took a set in 3 of them (hard courts). Nikolay Davydenko - Roger Federer Over 22 games (1.91 at Pinnacle) 5/10 The line is too low here, now with Davydenko looking more solid than before. Federer has not played here at all except for 7 games against Istomin and may not be as strong from the start. His game is definitely that great at the moment and I just do not see him crushing Davydenko at the moment. He will hold there at the crucial moments and should clear the line. Mardy Fish to bt. Andy Murray (2.40 at Pinnacle) 5/10 The odds are a little bit lower than I would like, but the price is still decent. Murray was struggling against Gulbis and it really looked like he wanted to have some rest for some reason (injury or US Open, who knows). Gulbis had so many chances, but converted none. Fish was impressive in all matches and his groundstrokes look good to me. 55-45 at best for Murray, so I see value there. Andy Roddick to bt. Novak Djokovic (2.70 at Pinnacle) 5/10 Roddick with a huge confidence boost and back in form. H2H also suggests that the odds are wrong. Djokovic may once again struggle in hot conditions. Yesterday, he was so close to losing the second set and I am not sure that he would have won the third one. Nalbandian was pretty rubbish on serve - Roddick just won't. Djokovic a favourite, but not such a huge one. Will probably need some luck, so come on :hope:hope:hope

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August I'm on Mardy, I think if break points come about Mardy will have more chance of breaking Murray and holding serve than Gulbis did. Plus yesterday was a long game for Murray. I think also someone mentioned he was slightly injured?? Might be a bit jaded and the crowd will support Mardy. h2h is also 3-3, if Murray wasn't a top 4 player the odds would probably be 5/6 each. Instead Mardy is underdog and i'm taking it. :ok

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Mardy Fish > Andy Murray. 2.65 @ Bwin (6/10) I think there's no need to go for handicaps here on Fish. The reason is that he can lose a set by 6-1 like it happened in their last meeting in Queens. Having said that Murray looks like done. He said after yesterday's match against Gulbis that he was tired as much as anything and that is so right. He has played so many matches lately and should have lost to Gulbis, had Latvian been smarter. Fish won't mess around. He will be fresh and the fact that today's match will be played in heat won't help Murray at all. He was very lazy on return against Gulbis and obviously saving energy. Fish does serve better than Gulbis and his play on break points ir better as well. Expect him to dominate Murray from the go. Remember Murray losing to Soderling in Indian Wells earlier this year. It was midday match as well and Murray didn't really put in the effort. Can see the same thing all over again here. Taking first ball bookie this time in case of retirement. Although Murray was fighting till the end yesterday he might just give up today if things go wrong. He's not the retiring type but with US Open 10 days away he won't need to spend more energy in a match he probably can not win. By the way, Fish has beaten Murray in their last two meetings and that was at time when Murray was 100% and Mardy out of form... Fish win here. Andy Roddick > Novak Djokovic. 2.62 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Just can not ignore this offer. The only worrying thing might be that Roddick played very late yesterday but other than that he should be ok and I think he will be. Win against Soderling was huge and meant a lot for Andy, it was obvious. It's very important for him to do very well this week and get more confidence going into US Open. Winning matches boost your confidence. As far as today's match is concerned there will be few things that will favor Roddick or won't favor Novak. First of all conditions. It's no secret Djokovic hates playing in heat, secondly home support and the 3rd one - Roddick serve. He is a beast on serve and was bombing aces down again yesterday and had only one bad service game in the match, right after going a break up in the 2nd set. Roddick has won last 3 matches against Novak and there's no reason to think he can't do that again. remember their match @ Aussie Open last year. It was very hot and Djokovic died on the court and had to retire. Can see him not surviving this one as well. Roddick worth a shot for sure. Svetlana Kuznetsova vs Jie Zheng. Over 20.5 games. 1.85 @ Sportingbet (7/10) Tough match for Kuznetsova. She has played three overs already this week and this will be no different. Zheng is the same type of player and with conditions being very hot can't see either of player being able to have clear advantage. They have had some very tough matches in the past and with Kuznetsova's error-full game and Zheng's fighting qualities can't see this match being concluded quickly. Kim Clijsters vs Vera Zvonareva. Over 20.5 games. 1.89 @ 188bet (8/10) Can't see anything other than overs in this one. Could be another classic 3-setter which won't surprise anybody, I guess. Kim in quite poor form and Vera not that much better. In 5 matches that they have concluded 4 went to 3 sets and the other one was one by Kim 7-5, 6-3. So over 20.5 games in every match, apart one retirement which doesn't count. Actually fancy Zvonareva to win this one like she did in Wimbledon but have a feel of 3 sets yet again, so taking overs which is the best and safest option here.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Murray -2.5 10/10 @ sportingbet (where retirement refund of money) Murray imho yesterday was amazing gulbis was absolutely playing of his nut for the 1st set in the half and murray was able to hang tough and eventually battle his way into the match and overcome weak minded gulbis. On the other hand i still think fish has struggled a little bit this week A really close win over brainless simon and gasquet good and bad is miles apart. yes fish has a great serve but murray is the best returner in the game, i believe that andy wants revenge real bad, this is his favourite surface and he wants as much match practice against top contenders before us open as he is a guy that when not playing well get too down on himself, but when stringing wins together is hard to stop. I see murray killing fish in all of the baseline rallies, as fish has been pretty ordinary this week. I will not bother about both previous meetings this year as murray was in terrible form , this time he is not and he should be able to account for fish in straights as he is a class above

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August [6/10] Roddick - Djokovic, Djokovic to win @ 1.57 (pinnacle) 1st of all i want to mention this 'pick of day' is against my soul, being a Roddick fan is quite difficult for me playing this but i'm in. Roddick passed by Soderling last night but that performance does not impress me in a special way, Soda being out of form in my opinion. Roddick had some problems with a mononucleosis and i don't think he is 100% fit and prepared to play constant 2 high-level matches in 19 hours. For Djokovic there is some history in this tournament, losing last 2 finals here but i think he is prepared to crack the series and the h2h history where Andy won last 3 matches between these 2 guys. He showed good display against Nalbandian, winning in straight sets gaining self-conficence. I think Djokovic has many weapons against Roddick than vice versa, on long rallies and net points Djokovic is far better than Roddick and except his trademark service Andy can't surprise Nole with anything. :hope

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Schiavone - Wozniacki In head to head statistics Schiavone leads 2-0. Wozniacki is the favorite for this match. But there is a big question mark Wozniacki. She maybe tired after playing copenhagen , than cincinati tournament , lastly at montreal. Moreover Her last match was 3 set against pennetta.Also she had some difficulties at schnyder match. Schiavone had a comfortable win against Safina yesterday. I think she is able to take at least one set from Wozniacki. Schiavone +1.5 sets @1.82 ( sbobet ) Strenght : 10 /10

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August

Too passive Murray' date=' could have taken control of those rallies at break point..but waiting for errors. And people wonder why he hasn't won a slam.[/quote'] Fish has made lots of errors from both wings in this match already. Perhaps that seemed the right tactics for Murray.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August

he will win USOPEN this year mark it. I will be backing him very very heavily
I would consider backing him too but seen 3/1 odds. Don't think he can justify those odds tbh. He has a great chance though, but beating Fed in slam is a big step.