** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010

Sport Football (Finland)
Event AC Oulu - MyPa
Selection MyPa
Strength 10/10
Date 12/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.80
Reasoning Oulu is second worst team in the league and they are really trying to reach bottom right now as they've lost six of last seven games played. Actually they snapped a six game losing streak by managing a 1-1 tie against visiting HJK last round. While MyPa's road form ain't that impressive at 3-2-3 you have to back the the visitor's here. MyPa is well able to score some goals with 12goals scored in last six games and against Oulu's league third worst defense (28allowed in 16games) the visitors should have their share of chances. IMO MyPa is over priced here, drawing with HJK doesn't suddenly make Oulu a stellar side.

Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010

Thursday 12 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AC Oulu v MyPa (16:30 BST) 2.98 3.6 2.6 99.80 %
Friday 13 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif JJK Jyväskylä v KuPS (17:00 BST) 2.88 3.4 2.68 101.45 %
Saturday 14 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif HJK Helsinki v FC Honka (17:00 BST) 2 3.65 4.1 101.79 %
Sunday 15 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif FC Inter Turku v TPS (16:30 BST) 2.8 3.3 2.8 101.73 %
maximize.gif MyPa v FC Lahti (16:30 BST) 2.03 3.4 4.1 103.06 %
Monday 16 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif FC Haka v Tampere United (16:30 BST) 3.5 3.3 2.25 103.32 %
maximize.gif Vaasan Palloseura v FF Jaro (16:30 BST) 2.84 3.3 2.5 105.51 %
maximize.gif IFK Mariehamn v AC Oulu (18:30 BST) 1.83 3.6 4.8 103.16 %

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010 My final thought: Strange movements here... most of bookies dropping on A. Sportingbet also did it but left draw untouched. Looking back Oulo, after a draw is likely to lose but it's their second match at home in a row.. In my opinion this is likely to be a typical Finland match: bookies start to drop on a team hoping to actract bettors and final result.. :-) Here some matches with similar avg odds: Jaro - Inter Turku 0:1 2,6 3.13 2.58 A Vaasa PS - Lahti 1:1 2,63 3.16 2.55 D JJK - Inter Turku 0:3 2,63 3.17 2.55 A Haka - Lahti 0:0 2,68 3.25 2.45 D AC Oulu - TPS 0:2 2,68 3.20 2.49 A MyPa - Inter Turku 3:2 2,69 3.15 2.51 H I think this match might be X or 2 ... hope it helps!

Re: Finnish Veikkausliiga August 12

Yesterday played OPS Oulu (Ykkonen) and today is playing AC Oulu (Veikkausliiga)
Yeah thank u i noticed that a few minutes ago.i was confused becoz soccerway calls them ops jp and futbol24 calls them ops oulo.wasent really paying attention.didnt know there r 2 oulos tho.

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010 Just have been looking stats for this match; MyPa appears to have played 8 matches in last 30 days: both AC Oulu and MyPa played 4 games in Veikkausliga, but MyPa had 4 more games in Europa league; shouldn't it make them tired, including trips to Romania and Andorra? And their last league game, after FC Timisoara kicked them out of Europe, was 1-1 away draw against JJK, that is overall only slightly better than AC Oulu, and worst home team, and odds were set similarly to today match's ones; they resisted MyPa, which might be result of tiredness as well as dissapointment by elimination from Europe; after all, MyPa doesn't look so strong, their away record is not even average, so I wouldn't rush so confidently to back them... :unsure

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010 1-1 FT Both teams with their share of chances. MyPa had two great chances late in the game as Pele Koljonen got away from Oulu defense at 84' 1 on 1 with the keeper. He lifted the ball over the keeper but the shot went off goal. Shortly after Koljonen got an another great chance but the shot was off crossbar. So with better luck the score could have been easily in MyPa's favour via the excellent late scoring chances but no cake :sad

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010

Event JJK - KuPS
Selection KuPS
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.60
Reasoning KuPS at JJK has been a very difficult opponent through the short history of the games between both clubs. The last win of the hosts was in the summer of 2007, when they crashed the KuPS by 4-0. This season the teams have met three times, and KuPS has won all the games. It will be very hard to JJK win the game, as KuPS has been for them this year, the big bad wolf. The Kuopio great success in the league is being big surprise, and i think we can count with them on the top group until the end of the season.

Sport Football (Finland)
Event JJK - KuPS
Selection KuPS (-1.0) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 4.90
Reasoning JJK is the worst home team in the league with a dismal 1-1-6 home record. They've lost three of those with two or more goals. KuPS on the other hand is the third best team in the league with a modereta road record of 4-1-3. KuPS has a two game winning streak scoring three goals in each game. JJK is missing Lähitie (midfielder/defender - not too important) and Okkonen (defender - very important). KuPS has Ilja Venäläinen available again which is great news, he is a good striker in this level. More importantly though Dickson Nwakaeme is said to start today and he is one of the best players in the league leading KuPS offense with five goals and three assists this season. With JJK missing one of their main defenders and KuPS having all sorts of firerpower available for the match I see a clear visitors win here. Also it doesn't hurt that four busses full of fans are travelling to support KuPS tonight. Gotta go greedy and take the HC win after last nights horrible baseball loses, otherwise I'd suggest plain away win.

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010 JJK 1-3 KuPS FT KuPS lost a 2-0 lead in 64' and took a red card at 82'. Was looking forward to my third in a row hc loss of a one goal but than something miraclous happened. KuPS scored a third goal one man down in 92' . This calls for a banana dance :nana

Sport Football (Finland)
Event HJK - Honka
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 14/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95
Reasoning Both of the teams play offensive football and have the firepower to score lots of goals. HJK has scored league 2nd most goals at 31 scored and Honka is tiead 3rd with 28goals scored. After tonights game there will be only eight rounds left of Veikkauslliga this season so this game is very crucial for both of the teams: HJK has the league lead with 37points with KuPS trailing by only four points and Honka at third place trailing by six points. So with a win HJK would have a confortable lead again but if they lose both Honka and KuPS are breathing down their necks. Honka has recorded a moderate 3-3-3 away record scoring 11goals and allowing 11goals also. HJK is the best home team in the league with a 6-2-1 record scoring 15goals and allowing just five. Last three of HJK's home games have gone over the 2.5goals limit, also four of five latest played have gone over with one game going under ending 1-1. Five of last seven Honka's games have gone over with Honka scoring atleast two goals in five of those games and allowing atleast two goals in five of them also. Mainly basing my over pick to Honka's offensive style football which many times leads for them conceding a goal or two also. Honka's latest form also backs the play heavily as they've played pretty carelessly and as a result many scores like 4-2, 2-2 can be seen in the latest sheets. Aye, should be goals tonight.
Close Window

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010 HJK 0-1 Honka Honka played like a turtle (killed the game) but it worked. Most times when HJK had the ball all of Honka players where on the defensive side of the pitch. Maybe HJK deserved a draw especially when late in the game a Honka player passed the ball to the goal keeper with his hand. Although the hand was stretched out completely and there were no doubt about the call to be made, the ref didn't give a penalty. Instead he gave a HJK striker a yellow card for protesting, man his head was red of yelling, looked like a tomato :lol

Sport Football (Finland)
Event MyPa - Lahti
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 15/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.37
Reasoning Lahti is the worst team in the league but it's not due to their losing record, they've lost only seven times in 17matches and for example the 5th placed Jaro has the same amount of loses. Lahti just can't seem to win, they've drawn in a league high eight matches this season. MyPa on the other hand.. well almost the same thing. They've recorded second most draws in the league with seven and their latest ten game form of 3-4-3 doesn't inspire confidence. MyPa is a poor to moderate home side with 2-4-2 record and Lahti on the road is a tough nut to crack recording a 1-6-1 streak. Aye, a tie might not be that far again tonight.

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010 Lahti: Eero Korte (19games, midfield, one assist this season) didn't practice yesterday because of *tough* flu. He is very likely to miss his first game of the season. Jonne Kemppinen (striker, 12games, two goals) will miss tonights game. Mohamed Fofana (midfield, 12games, two assists) is uncertain. Kalle Eerola (defender, 8games, two assists) is fit again and should play. Jari Litmanen (midfield/striker, 12games, three goals and one assist) will play today. MyPa: Antti Okkonen (midfield, 16games, one goal and two assists) is uncertain after getting pulled from latest game because of a stomach flu. Felipe Benevides (14games, one goal) will miss the game because his yellow card account was *filled* last game. He is not an important miss, he has started only two games this season. :ok

Sport Football (Finland)
Event IFK Mariehamn - AC Oulu
Selection IFK Mariehamn (-1.0) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 2.85
Reasoning Although there are only five points separating the teams it's quite obvious that Mariehamn is the better side, especially with their current form. Mariehamn has recorded a 5-3-2 streak in the last ten games scoring 24 and allowing 14 goals. Mariehamn has scored two goals or more in eight of last ten games played. Oulu is coming off two 1-1 draws on their home turf, those draws snapped a six game losing streak. Oulu is the worst road team in the league recording a 2-1-6 run scoring nine and allowing 19 goals. Oulu has lost it's last four road games with two or more goals. Oulu has huge injury problems. Niko Kukka (defender, 16games) and Ethie Sousa (Midfielder, 5games) are out because of cards etc. (not quite sure but they're are not allowed to play). Also Jarkko Hurme (defender, 16games, three assists), Juuso Majava (sriker, 10games) and Jean Fridolin Ngambe Ngambe (striker, 17games, two goals, two assists) are uncertain to play because of injuries. IFK Mariehamn shouldn't have any injuries/missings. One should expect a clear home win here. I expect Mariehamn to score 3+ goals against poor Oulu and with the visiting team's missings the win could become even easier. If you want to play it safe take straight hw around @1.70 but for example Expek offers a juicy price for Mariehamn (-1.0) and I'm all over it. Once again this should be a walk in the park for the home side.

Sport Football (Finland)
Event Haka - Tampere United
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.88
Reasoning Both teams with huge defensive problems. Tampere has allowed 18goals in last ten games (scoring 16 themselves) and Haka has allowed 23goals in last ten games (scoring 11 themselves). Four out of last five Haka's home games have gone over and six out of last seven Tampere's matches have gone over. Seasons first meeting ended 2-1. With both teams having enough firepower (Haka 20goals and Tamu 26 in 17 matches this season) and defenses crumbling it's quite safe to assume there will be goals again tonight. Pinnacle offers a nice price for the over 2.5 goal backers.

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010 Well Haka firepower has pretty much gone with Nam, Hynynen and Ikävalko leaving the economically sinking Haka - as they were responsible for most goals and even the goals scored were from set pieces, so I would not hold my breath waiting for a Haka goal tonight --> which leads to the fact that TamU winning this derby is not at all an impossible idea. From the remaining squad best goal-scorer is center-back Kalle Parviainen with 3 goals, but even he is injured for the rest of the season. From tonight´s starting eleven the best goal-scorers are Kalle Multanen, Mikko Innanen and Regi Nooitmeer with 1 goal in the bag, Jukka Santala has got 2 but he is on a sub´s bench, and it is exactly where he belongs. On the other hand as also the league´s best goalkeeper Janne Korhonen left Haka and joined JJK and the Haka defense is weak as mentioned I would not be too surprised to see the over coming home anyway ;) I guess also the hc mentioned above for MIFK is european, not asian.

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010 Thanks for the info Puntteri....it seems that Haka are seriously lacking in goals today...Tampere have lost their last 2 matches but at least they have goalscorers in their ranks...and goals win games.Of course this is a derby but Tampere have lost just 1 of the last 10 games between the teams. Haka have won 3 out of 9 home games and Tampere have lost 4 out of 9 away.I'm going small stakes(derby match) on -0 -.5 Tampere Betfair @ 1.9...I believe there's a bit of an edge in the fact that so many goals have left Haka....

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010 It's hard to argue with Mariehamn's current form and with Oula's injuries then it definitely looks like a home win but I think the 8/13 with PP is too short for a team that has only won once at home all season.They seem to perform better 4-3-1 away from home for some reason....so I'll be leaving this alone.....good luck to Mariehamn backers though and hope your Asian handicap comes off Mr Fish.....I always admire your bravery......

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010 Haka 1-0 Tamu FT Haka scored from a penalty at 77'. I watched the game and Puntteri was on the right tracks about Tamu win. They just wasted huge chance after another also screwing my over bet. Also Haka had a few nice in-play chances to score but it wasn't meant to be today :\ Both teams missed the target alot: Haka eight shots off goal and Tamu with six. Most of which from quality scoring chances :(

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010 I know you guys are doing a great job but matches from this championship are a joke. I agree with you, IFK MARIEHAMN were in form, Oulu with missings and bad form but 0-2 is just nightmare. How could you find value in this match for the guests ? Somebody with an explication or just bad match for betting ?

Re: Finland Veikkausliga August 12th-16th 2010 Mariehamn 0-2 Oulu FT I watched almost the whole second half of the game (my tv was fritz during the first ht and couldn't stand to watch the whole 2nd ht). It was an open game, Oulu didn't play defensively at all. This should've been a good thing for Marhiehamn strikes as they've scored goals in bunches of late but no; for the 30+mins I watched the second half Mariehamn didn't have any scoring chances. I'm pretty much in awe, don't know how the game played like that. Oulu didn't have any worries as Mariehamn didn't infact have scoring chances to begin with. Let alone that the leagues worst visitor managed to score two tonight. I would've been okey with losing my bet with Mariehamn missing their chances but cheez, to not have any... all in all a huge misjudgement on my part, the game played pretty much as a mirror image of what I thought it should :$