** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

AUSTRALIA A-League 2010/2011 Season

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season

Adelaide -1.5 @ 2.24 pinnacle While North Queensland are likely to ditch their rotation policy after losing 4-0 to the Gold Coast, it still does not make them that much stronger that they should worry Adelaide here. The players are still wondering about whether they will be a part of the A-League next year, and some have already lined up moves to other clubs. For many, they are playing for themselves and their careers, and not the team, and they now have to go to Adelaide, facing a side that stopped a slide and had an emphatic 4-1 road win over rivals Melbourne Victory. They will be in good spirits to beat NQ who have lost their last 5 away games, and did not score in any of these games, conceding 10 goals in total. Adelaide still have second spot to fight for, and expect them to continue to focus on this. They did beat them 2-0 in Adelaide last month, scoring both goals in the first 20 minutes but then took it easy for the rest of the game.
I played the same like you do,great info and thx mate! :cheers

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jase82! I don't agree with you with your bolded phrase. It's not a matter of points to get the second place in the A-League. If Adelaide wins today they will keep the third place because there is a difference in Goal Average of six goals, and I think players and coach know that. If you finish second you have a better position in the Play Offs and you have to play less matches to arrive to the Final (I don't remember how it works). But today I think that is the perfect day for Adelaide to score goals for fun and try to catch up some of this goals before the morale boost of 1-4 against Victory. GL to all!
Yep, totally forgot there's a different league format in the A league :wall

Saturday 22 January 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Melbourne Victory v Melbourne Heart (08:00 GMT) 2.22 3.55 3.51 101.70 %
maximize.gif Gold Coast United v Newcastle United Jets (10:15 GMT) 1.66 4.1 6.4 100.02 %
Sunday 23 January 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Wellington Phoenix v Perth Glory (04:00 GMT) 1.67 3.92 6 101.85 %
maximize.gif Central Coast Mariners v Sydney FC (06:00 GMT) 1.92 3.61 4.8 100.46 %

Adelaide United -1 v North Queensland Fury @ 2.10 Sportsbet Fairly simply reasoning for this one. Adelaide have won the majority of their home games this season, and they have generally done it convincingly. They have a number of players on top form at the moment and I can’t see North Queensland controlling the likes of Van Dijk and Flores.* North Queensland have been poor all season, regardless of weather if be at home or away. I think they have been talked about enough on this thread for everybody to get an idea of why punters have no faith in them. I’ll happily take the home side at -1.
Easier win then I expected, great start to the weekend :)

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Melbourne Victory vs Melbourne Heart Not too sure of the hype surrounding a high scoring match here. Heart's 3rd match in 7 days, and although they definitly need the 3 points, i don't see them pressing to score for long periods in this matchup as they won't want to be exposed on the victory's beloved counter attack. The Victory are missing Kruse, their main man IMO as chances for them to score on the counter have been very hard to come by since his departure for Asian cup duties, and it is difficult to see them threatening the Heart goal too often, considering also that i don't think they will be too displeased to share the points. Under 2.5 $1.80 @ bet365

Melbourne Victory v Melbourne Heart – Over 2.5 @ 1.91 Sportsbet I’m leaning towards the blue side of Melbourne in this fixture, but I think I’ll avoid the outright win due to a number of their key players missing (Kruse – Asian Cup, Muscat – Suspended, Thompson – Injured). These sides have faced off twice this season already, with the Heart winning the first fixture 2-1, and then Victory getting their revenge with a 3-1 win. It’s a derby that’s relatively new to the A-League, considering it’s the Heart’s first season. But I’m fairly impressed by how much passion and commitment is thrown in when these sides face off. It literally feels and looks like a real derby. It brings out the best in both sides and I think we can expect something similar this weekend. The Victory are missing a couple of great players, as mentioned above, but I still feel they have enough quality on the pitch to score a few goals. Hernandez is always a threat, Allsopp has recently returned and is beginning to find his feet, while they have others like Ricardinho and Dugandzic who can chip in with the odd goal. The Heart have scored consistently over the past few weeks and I expect them to take advantage of Victory’s defence who are usually unstable without Muscat. They have players like Terra who is on fire at the moment, plus Aloisi, Sibbon, and the rest. This one should be a cracker! Good luck everyone.
Agree with you here (I think Muscat is back from suspension) :cheers
Melbourne Victory vs Melbourne Heart Not too sure of the hype surrounding a high scoring match here. Heart's 3rd match in 7 days, and although they definitly need the 3 points, i don't see them pressing to score for long periods in this matchup as they won't want to be exposed on the victory's beloved counter attack. The Victory are missing Kruse, their main man IMO as chances for them to score on the counter have been very hard to come by since his departure for Asian cup duties, and it is difficult to see them threatening the Heart goal too often, considering also that i don't think they will be too displeased to share the points. Under 2.5 $1.80 @ bet365
Some fair points here. Still like the over. Melbourne Victory - Melbourne Heart over 2.5 @ 2.02 pinnacle Pretty much a home game for both sides as they play out of the same stadium. Should be a good match, with plenty to play for, not just bragging rights, but with the Victory 5th and the Heart 6th, both sides are playing for semi final spots. The Victory look likely to get Muscat back from suspension, but though he returns, he has been exposed at times, as sometimes these derbies gets to his head and he loses his concentration. Though the loss of Kruse and Thompson decreases their attacking ability, they still have Hernandez there, while Allsop will be looking to put away some of those gift chances that he has spurned since his return. The Heart will be looking to continue their unbeaten run as they have 3 wins and 2 draws (both 1-1 draws) in their last 5 games, with their last loss being to the Victory as they lost 3-1 to them. In the first meeting, they beat them 2-1, so they do have a win apiece, but both games, and their recent games, have been notable for the lack of clean sheets. The Victory have just one in their last 6 games while the Heart have 2 in their last 6 games. Both teams have been scoring, and like both to score once again, which sets it up for the eventual winner and sending the pick over. Gold Coast -1.5 @ 2.81 pinnacle Gold Coast have been very good at home, as they have yet to concede in their last 4 home games, but have beaten North Queensland 4-0, drew 0-0 with Perth, beat Wellington 2-0 and the Melbourne Heart 3-0. With Smeltz up front, paired up with Djite, they have been tough to handle in their two games together, and like them to combine for GC to score here. Aiding them, is that Newcastle have severe injury problems, with left back D'Apuzzo out, centre back Milicevic leaving the club, while defensive midfield Wehrman also out. With Zadkovic and Kantarovski, the midfield is further depleted. Newcastle will find it difficult to score here, as they have for much of the season, against a side that has been solid at the back of late. Also they have not scored in 3 games there, drawing once and losing the other two games. Furthermore, the owner of the GC has thrown the gates of the stadium open, so with free entry, they should get a huge turn up. There will be plenty of emotion here, as the players will be looking to win for those people caught up in the recent floods in the state, while for the GC, a win here and they still have an outside chance of getting second spot with the games they have in hand. Given their team missing several kep players and having to call up youth players into the squad, and with two strikers who can find the back of net, like the Gold Coast to win this, and with goal difference may end up deciding second spot, then they will go looking for more than just one here

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Central Coast - Sydney Selection Central Coast Strength 10/10 Date 23/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.91 after victories over Perth Glory & Newcastle the Mariners are awaiting Sydney with full of confidence now they are powered by their main defenders Joshua Rose & Patrick Zwaanswijk also on forward Patricio Perez and striker Adam Kwasnik are beck in squad. Central Coast has huge imperative and particularly for this match the squad will be highly motivated. a win over Sydney will mean the Mariners stay in second spot on the league table which means direct placement do semifinals(playoff) So lets go for it!

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Yep, I'm going with the same bet Central Coast to win 1.85 @ Bet365 Most of the key points are covered above, although also worth noting that Sydney despite winning their last away game, have lost 8 out their eleven away games, and in December Central Coast beat them 4-0 in the exact same fixture. :hope

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Wellington -1.5 @ 2.83 pinnacle Wellington have showed some of that very good home form of late where they have 4 wins and a draw in their last 5 home games. They have 3 clean sheets, as well as scoring at least 2 goals in each of these 5 home games, so scoring has not been a problem for them. Perth make the gruelling 8 hour trip across the Australian continent and the Tasman Sea to Wellington, and they played a midweek game against Central Coast, where they played with a man less for more than 60 minutes of the game (defender Harnwell is suspended, as is midfielder Pellegrino, for this game), and though they were valiant in coming back to lose 2-1, believe that effort too something out of them. Also with Wellington rested, playing for a top 6 spot, and their very good home form, and Perth also missing Burns in midfield, like Wellington to be the better side here and win well. Furthermore, perth have drawn 4 and lost 8 of their last 12 away games, and 6 of these 8 losses were by at least a two goal margin. Central Coast @ 1.81 pinnacle While Sydney have been much better in their last 3 games, Central Coast have showed that they too have improved their game, and their forwards Simon and Kwasnik are likely to cause this Sydney defence problems, as they can be exposed. CC have a much more sold defence with Wilkinson and Zwaanswijk playing very well, while in midfield, CC have been much more industrious and consistent this season. Like the home team to win this as they are bidding for that second spot on the table

Wellington -1.5 @ 2.83 pinnacle Wellington have showed some of that very good home form of late where they have 4 wins and a draw in their last 5 home games. They have 3 clean sheets, as well as scoring at least 2 goals in each of these 5 home games, so scoring has not been a problem for them. Perth make the gruelling 8 hour trip across the Australian continent and the Tasman Sea to Wellington, and they played a midweek game against Central Coast, where they played with a man less for more than 60 minutes of the game (defender Harnwell is suspended, as is midfielder Pellegrino, for this game), and though they were valiant in coming back to lose 2-1, believe that effort too something out of them. Also with Wellington rested, playing for a top 6 spot, and their very good home form, and Perth also missing Burns in midfield, like Wellington to be the better side here and win well. Furthermore, perth have drawn 4 and lost 8 of their last 12 away games, and 6 of these 8 losses were by at least a two goal margin.
Yeah but, there is the remains of a tropical storm over the north island today. It's very windy and there is heavy showers and a oppressive 100% humidity. This should make for a low paced game with few goals. I don't fancy either team to cover a -1.5 spread. Under 2.5 goals @ even money with a small nibble on 1-0 wellington @ 7.2 are my picks here

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Central coast vs Sydney An F3 derby here..Moreimportantly for this game,central coast welcome back Joshua Rose , Patrick Zwaanswijk ,Attacking midfielder Patricio Perez and in-form striker Adam Kwasnik back to the team after resting them against perth.Central coast will be up for this game & know a win will put them back in 2nd.Sydney have been improving with 2 wins & a draw ijn the last 3 games..but i just think central coast will have more incentive & motivation to get the win here. Central coast @ 1.78 HW betinternet Under 2.5 @ 1.90 betinternet

Yep, I'm going with the same bet Central Coast to win 1.85 @ Bet365 Most of the key points are covered above, although also worth noting that Sydney despite winning their last away game, have lost 8 out their eleven away games, and in December Central Coast beat them 4-0 in the exact same fixture. :hope
CG did well to pull it back to 2-2 but unfortunatly couldn't find the winner :\

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season N. Queensland - Melbourne V. Selection Melbourne V. Strength 10/10 Date 26/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.70 For N. Queensland the season was long time ago finished and now they are awaiting further games without much ambition.This young squad is very much down on confidence. But this match has another dimension for Melbourne (5th) and its extremely important for them.The playoffs are approaching and their safety (playoff status) is not yet guaranteed because Wellington & Newcastle Jets are lurking from the sidelines just 2-3 points behind.After 4 games without victory they can not afford another blunder. Allsopp and Ricardinho are doing just fine (Melbourne V),the whole team will be high performance. Melbourne needs to win this match!

Event North Queensland - Melbourne V.
Selection Melbourne V.
Strength 10/10
Date 26/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 1.73
Reasoning Melbourne is still depending themselves to reach the finals. But to continue like that, they need a win in this game. After the humilliating defeat of North Queenlsand against Adelaide (1-8), Melbourne will enter more confident but they can expect a try of cleaning image by the hosts. The hosts are low moralized and they lost seven of the last eight games. Melobourne will make everything to win the three points to assure a place on the play-offs, even without their captain Kevin Muscta, sent-off on the last game. North Queensland don't seem strong enough to avoid another defeat.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Brisbane Roar Vs. Wellington Phoenix - Brisbane Roar @ 1.50 (Betfair) There is a gulf in class here. To be fair, Wellington are not a bad side at all, they have been improving in recent matches, including a couple of 4-0 victories, but I really can't see them taking anything from this one. Brisbane, despite stumbling a little in their last two home games, are six points clear at the top of the A-League with good reason. They've been undefeated in the league since their solitary loss in mid-September. Some people may think the price is pretty short, but I'm happy to take it. Brisbane should prevail. Good luck all! ;)

EventBrisbane - Wellington
Selectionover 3.5
Strength10/10
Date26/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 3.00
ReasoningBrisbane last match finished 3-3, last home match was 1-1 against so weak Perth, who were defeated with 4-0 at Wellington last match visit. Birsbane recorded two over 3.5 in last four matches 50% success. Wellington on the other hand scored 11 goals in last 5 matches recording two over 3.5. Brisbane is a leader in Australia and they play incredible football at home undefeated so far in the season. Brisbane got 6 points lead against 2nd placed Adelaide so they need two win in last four matches to secure their regular season title and going directly into the semis. Brisbane scored average more than 3 goals at home, while Wellington is poor visitor allowing so many goals but they are just a points behind playoff spot, so even they allowed few goals today they will not give up looking for at least a points here. Three of last four matches between played in last two years are over 3.5, also four of last six matches between are over 3.5 and this is too possible another high scoring enocunter.

EventNorth Queensland Fury vs. Melbourne Victory
Selectionover 4.5
Strength10/10
Date26/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 5.00
ReasoningFury got three over 3.5 in last six matches, their last match finished 8-1 loss against Adelaide match with nine goals. Victory recorded three over 3.5 in last four matches, they will be 100% high motivated today for winning this match, this should be easy three points in the fight for playoffs. Fury loose seven and drew once in last eight matches, they are so weak, sure will be relegated, thats why Victory need to win that ,they got just 2 points more than the playoff spot, they are not sure making the playoffs so far. Victory drew last two matches between against so weak team 2-2 in opening series and now they will be hungry to eat that weak opponent, if Fury bite them scoring a goal, Victory will throw everything in their offence and we can see another result here like last Fury match 8-1, why not 1-4. Victory scored three at Gold Coast, 2 at Heart and Wellington, so they scored so many goals on the road and why not more against so weak team as Fury.

Brisbane Roar Vs. Wellington Phoenix - Brisbane Roar @ 1.50 (Betfair) There is a gulf in class here. To be fair, Wellington are not a bad side at all, they have been improving in recent matches, including a couple of 4-0 victories, but I really can't see them taking anything from this one. Brisbane, despite stumbling a little in their last two home games, are six points clear at the top of the A-League with good reason. They've been undefeated in the league since their solitary loss in mid-September. Some people may think the price is pretty short, but I'm happy to take it. Brisbane should prevail. Good luck all! ;)
Left it a bit late! :tongue2 Good result. :clap

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Sport Football (Australia) Event Perth - Sydney Selection Over 2.5 Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price SBOBet @ 2.11 Reasoning For this game in my opinion Over 2.5 is the best option, nice odds. Last home game for Perth against Sydney end with 0-3 win for guests. Last two matches in a row for Perth ending with Over 2.5. Perth in 13 home matches score 17 goals and concended 18. In last 10 league matches make balance 11:17. Sydney in last 10 league matches make balance with 10 goals scored and 14 concended. 5 league matches in a row ending for this team with minimum 2 goals. Sydney on away made 10:21 goals balance in 12 matches. ---- Sport Football (Australia) Event Adelaide - Central Coast Selection Over 2.5 Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.00 Reasoning I see minimum three goals in this game. I see more chances for this option than 50%. Six matches in a row in H2H ending with Under 2.5, maybe this is perfect time to break this streak? I believe it. 4 of last 6 league matches for Central Coast end with Over 2.5, In 4 matches in a row scoring minimum 2 goals per game. Adelaide strikers are on the hot form - in last two matches score 12 goals! Small problem is defense, Adelaide concended minimum one goal in last three league matches in a row. For me 3-1, 2-1, 2-2 or something

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Brisbane - Melbourne Heart under 2.5 @ 2.27 pinnacle Brisbane have become the team to beat in the A-League, so teams are much more cautious when playing against them, as can be seen with their midweek game against Wellington, where the NZers held them out until they conceded two late goals - apart from that, Brisbane did not create much at all. They have gone under in 3 of their last 5 games, with 2 clean sheets in these games, and in playing at the Gold Coast's ground due tot the recent floods took place, the pitch is in poor condition and not suited to their passing game. The Melbourne Heart need a win here to keep alive their top 6 chances, but know if they open up too early, then Brisbane will tear them apart, so look to them to play it pretty tight from the start. They have gone under in 4 of their last 5 games, with 2 clean sheets in them. Like this to be a low scoring game Adelaide - Central Coast over 2.5 @ 1.94 pinnacle Should be a cracker of a game between two sides who are fighting for second spot here. Adelaide have scored 12 goals in their last 2 games (and conceded in both of them) while they have scored at least two goals in 9 of their last 11 games, so they do tend to lift their game at home. They have conceded in 6 of these home games, so their defence has been inconsistent, and will have a tough test against the Central Coast who have scored at least twice in each of their last 4 games, as well as in 4 of their last 6 games. They have scored in each of their last 6 away games, but with just 2 clean sheets, an attacking side like Adelaide will like their chances of scoring here. Though the recent history favours the unders, the way these two teams have been playing, then it should be an open game with chances and goals in it. Perth - Sydney over 2.5 @ 2.04 pinnacle With both sides out of the running for the top 6, they have been playing a much more relaxed brand of football, and as a result, they have started to pick up more points. Perth have scored and conceded in each of their last 5 home games while Sydney have scored twice in 3 of their last 4 games, while conceding goals in 3 of their last 4 games. They have conceded in each of their last 2 away games, but they have also scored twice in both of them, so they are starting to shwo some form. Like this to be an open game, with two teams little to play for

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Wellington Phoenix - Newcastle Jets There isn't much to explain. A match for 6th place, the winner will be still alive to get a place in Play Offs. Jets without: Milicevic (now freeagent), Ali Abbas, D'Apuzzo, Patafta, Zadkovich, Petrovski, Wehrman, Bridges, Rooney, Kantarovski, Mooy and Young. Wellington same team that trashed Perth Glory 4-0. Long trip for Newcastle to New Zealand. CLEAR HOME WIN, and also Handicaps Wellington HW @1.56 10/10 Wellington AH -1.5 @2.62 9.99/10

Wellington -1.5 @ 2.56 pinnacle

Too many injuries for Newcastle here, as both sides need a win for a top 6 spot, but with Wellington on a 4 game winning streak at home, scoring 12 goals and conceding just once, while Newcastle have lost 3 of their last 4 away games, including a 4-0 loss in Wellington last month, hard to see the visitors changing things here. Furthermore, Wellington have won the last 4 regular season games at home to them, scoring 12 goals and not conceding once at all.