** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UK Cards US Style !

Re: UK Cards US Style ! These are really good but I have always struggling to take in all of the information available in US cards (at least we don't have to worry about the sectionals as well). Someone has put in a great deal of effort converting everything for the US market. TRNi do show some UK racing in the States - Royal Ascot mainly. They must be looking to expand the coverage further.

Re: UK Cards US Style ! Yeah..........I think we need a volunteer who understands US Race Cards to talk us through it..........:D I think I'll have a go at having this open with the Post in another window and compare the two, see if i can work out what the various figures mean...........might pick a race tomorrow and spend some time on it tonight !

Re: UK Cards US Style ! I have been racing a few times in the States and have the race cards at home. The USA race cards do provide a user guide so if you have any questions after you have had a read through, let me know and I should be able to answer them off.

Re: UK Cards US Style !

Yeah..........I think we need a volunteer who understands US Race Cards to talk us through it..........:D I think I'll have a go at having this open with the Post in another window and compare the two, see if i can work out what the various figures mean...........might pick a race tomorrow and spend some time on it tonight !
Stew is well into his US racing I think..... I need to learn how the read the Daily Racing Form, its a skill you never know might come in handy in the future....

Re: UK Cards US Style !

Stew is well into his US racing I think..... I need to learn how the read the Daily Racing Form, its a skill you never know might come in handy in the future....
My memory ain't what it used to be............and i'd forgotten that i have some US Racing Books that i bought 20 years ago......... Classics like 'Beyer on Speed' and others. They give detailed analysis of US racecards, so I'll have to dig them out, get the magnifying glass out and read a book for the first time in about 5 years..........:loon

Re: UK Cards US Style ! The good thing about the US racecards and the DRF is that they come out the day before the racing so you have time to study the evening before the race meet. And with the amount of information available, you need the time... I tend to listen to the Americans we go with for their views on races with no European runners.

Re: UK Cards US Style ! I'm pretty busy over the next couple of weeks, but will try and get some sort of thread up about how to read US cards, and put it in the resources section. In the meantime, Fin, if your needing to learn/needing any questions answered, just give me a shout. Email address is in my profile, just drop me a line. (That goes for anyone) :ok