UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July

Tuesday 27 July 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AC Omonia Nicosia v Red Bull Salzburg (17:00 BST) 2.34 3.4 2.64 110.03 %
maximize.gif Dynamo Kyiv v KAA Gent (18:00 BST) 1.28 6 10.8 104.00 %
maximize.gif Litex Lovech v MŠK Žilina (18:00 BST) 1.91 3.6 4.4 102.86 %
maximize.gif Unirea Urziceni v Zenit Saint-Petersburg (18:30 BST) 4.2 3.5 2 102.38 %
maximize.gif AC Sparta Praha v Lech Poznan (19:30 BST) 1.67 3.4 4.75 110.34 %
maximize.gif The New Saints v Anderlecht (20:45 BST) 9 4.5 1.31 109.67 %
Wednesday 28 July 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif FC BATE Borisov v FC København (17:00 BST) 2.75 3.2 2.22 112.66 %
maximize.gif FK Aktobe v Hapoel Tel Aviv (17:00 BST) 3.2 3.2 2.1 110.12 %
maximize.gif Sheriff Tiraspol v Dinamo Zagreb (18:00 BST) 3 3.35 2.2 108.64 %
maximize.gif Debreceni VSC v FC Basel (19:00 BST) 3 3.25 2.22 109.15 %
maximize.gif BSC Young Boys v Fenerbahçe SK (19:15 BST) 3.28 3.32 2.1 108.23 %
maximize.gif AIK v Rosenborg BK (19:45 BST) 2.5 3.25 2.5 110.77 %
maximize.gif Ajax v PAOK (19:45 BST) 1.44 4.4 12.5 99.96 %
maximize.gif FK Partizan v HJK Helsinki (19:45 BST) 1.44 4 6.5 109.83 %
maximize.gif Sporting de Braga v Celtic (20:00 BST) 2.02 3.25 3.75 106.94 %

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July Ajax has a good team with a couple of good internationals like suarez, van der Wiel and stekelenburg. I watched them playing against chelsea and they won. Also against chelsea van der Wiel and suarez didn't played. And they are very strong when playing home. I don't think a PAOK, a greece club can defeat Ajax lol.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July Guys any infos on TNS ? all i know is that they had an really impressive victory against Bohemians (4 0),they seem strong at home looking at their domestic results too.....here in Belgium the championship hasn't started yet and Anderlecht have some injury worries.maybe some advices from our friends from Wales and England ?

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July

Guys any infos on TNS ? all i know is that they had an really impressive victory against Bohemians (4 0)' date='they seem strong at home looking at their domestic results too.....here in Belgium the championship hasn't started yet and Anderlecht have some injury worries.maybe some advices from our friends from Wales and England ?[/quote'] Good point, and I guess TNS will be very motivated after they 4-0 win over Bohemians and they are playing at home. The price on TNS looks really good to ignore, but to be on a safer side it might be better to back them on +1 handicap.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July Sparta - Lech Well - the odds - 1,67 for Sparta :rollin that must be a joke. I can't argue that Czech football is of better quality than Polish at the moment but the gap is not that huge to price Lech at around 5,00 or 2,00 double chance. Lech have had a subpar performance vs. Inter Baku, barely managed to beat them in penalty round but wasted a load of 200% chances to score in the first half due to some tremendous Baku's goalkeeping. Sparta had already played twice in the domestic league and lost to some newcomers from Hradec Karlove and won 2-1 vs. low-flying Slovacko thanks to an injury time goal. In the 2nd CL qualification they won 5-0 on aggregate vs. Metalurgs Liepaja and maybe it's the reason why bookies put so much faith in them. The Czech side has also a good CL record (good=they played in group stage) that isn't the case as far as Lech's experience is concerned. All in all not sure about the proper estimation of % chances and would say a 45-35-20 game. Value definitely on Lech's side. A better bet should be on the u/o market. I'd definitely play u2,5 @ 1,75 instead of Sparta's win ;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July Anderlecht is a step to far for TNS. If TNS played in the English league as Swansea and Cardiff do they would at best be in the bottom division 4 leagues below the premier division. Probably they would not even be good enough to be a football league team.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July TNS will play at Wrexham. Lost only 2 games last season. Big step up but 12/1 against a team whose league has not started is big. 2 legs in a Mickey Mouse tournament? Will Anderlecht turn up?

remember the tns pitch is an artifical one' date=' hope that info is helpul for you.[/quote'] what u do think of this match,can TNS get smth? any injuries? This is the Anderlecht squad: Badibanga, Biglia, Boussoufa, Chatelle, Chavarría, Cordier, De Sutter, Deschacht, Gillet, Juhasz, Kanu, Kljestan, Kouyate, Lecjaks, Legear, Marecek, Mazuch, Polak, Proto, Rnic, Sare, Schollen, Suarez. Compared to the supercup against Gent, Mazuch(very important defender) and Kanu are back in the squad....Lukaku is still out but De Sutter played a few minutes last friday and could take some part. Against Gent that was the line up : Schollen, Gillet, Saré, Juhasz, Deschacht, Kouyate, Biglia, Kljestan, Chatelle, Boussoufa, Suarez. Against TNS 1st keeper Proto and Mazuch should be back in the team + trainer could also put for this important game very experienced Polak and dangerous right winger Legear for Chatelle(not a regular last season) and Kljestan(new american player,who didn't play well and will need some time to adapt to European footie). Proto, Gillet, Mazuch, Juhasz, Deschacht, Kouyate, Biglia, Polak, Legear, Boussoufa, Suarez. This is a strong line up

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July well TNS has not started their season aswell and the standard of the belgian league is at a much higher than the welsh premier league, not much team news about TNS at the moment but Anderlecht -1 is a good bet in my opinion.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July good morning to all of you,:zzz im particularly interested in the lovec-zilina match.lovec is known for a good performance in bulgaria (they played well in their 1 round...5:0 on aggregate) and to be completely honest,i dont know much about them... but i do know zilina very good.went to the last match at home and the first half was really rubbish,slovan had a defender sent off with a red card and they even managed to score 2 goals...and also zilina is not a good traveler as far as european cups are concerned...(they have lost on MALTA-looked like Salzburg,when they played thorshaven away):pukeAlso a key defender will not play tommorow,because of 2 yellow cards. so my prediction is LOVEC to win...and a simple one goal handicap...(with a local bookie) GL

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July Braga v Celtic - Lay Celtic @ 4.0 As much as it breaks my heart to say it, I just cant see us getting anything from this away leg. Braga finsihed 2nd in last season's Portuguese league and are without question a team that will trouble Celtic greatly. They carry with them into this season a formidable home record due to the fact that they went the entire season last year undefeated at home in domestic competitions. Celtic's European travelling woes have been well documented in recent years with their win over Dynamo Moscow in last season's Champions League qualifying stages their only away European victory since they defeated MTK Hungaria in CL qualifying in season 2003/04. Celtic have brought in many new faces into the squad and on reflection of watching pre season games this season it appears that they key problems that decimated Celtic's 09/10 campaign still remain. They still appear woefully inept at centre back with no defender impressing me thus far in this position. It is hoped that new manager Neil Lennon will strengthen this position by the end of the transfer window but sadly this will come to late for this crucial Braga tie. It is feasible that many players could be making their Celtic debut in this match and it is my worry that too many new players are being brought into the side too soon for a key match like this one. It has been speculated within the Scottish press that Lennon will look to play a containing game with a 4-5-1 formation, this suggests to me that the Celtic manager will be delighted to take a draw or a narrow defeat back to Parkhead where it is hoped a full house can cheer the Bhoys on to qualification. Braga are a quality side, filled with Brazillians who will naturally be more than comfortable in possession, and they have proven this with their very credible league finish last season coupled with their dominating home form. Celtic's previous trips to Portugal in the CL have been less than successful after losing to Benfica twice (0-3 in 2006 and again to a late goal in a 0-1 loss in 2007) and sadly I cant see much hope of them coming away with a victory on Wednesday night. The 2.18 on a Braga win with betfair is tempting however I'm going to cover myself with a Lay on Celtic as it is possible we may sneak away with a draw but I just cant see the Bhoys bringing a lead home with them, I hope I'm wrong though.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July TNS scored 4 against Bohemians and they will be playing at home and in my opinion they might be able to score 1 goal and odds on TNS to score Over 0.5 Goals @ 2.00 Sportingbet looks good to me.

good morning to all of you,:zzz im particularly interested in the lovec-zilina match.lovec is known for a good performance in bulgaria (they played well in their 1 round...5:0 on aggregate) and to be completely honest,i dont know much about them... but i do know zilina very good.went to the last match at home and the first half was really rubbish,slovan had a defender sent off with a red card and they even managed to score 2 goals...and also zilina is not a good traveler as far as european cups are concerned...(they have lost on MALTA-looked like Salzburg,when they played thorshaven away):pukeAlso a key defender will not play tommorow,because of 2 yellow cards. so my prediction is LOVEC to win...and a simple one goal handicap...(with a local bookie) GL
well lovec will be missing key midfielder doka hwo is important for the team

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July Braga - Celtic It is hard for me to predict the outcome in this game so will focus on goals market. Celtic will be without their main keeper Borucand Braga will use this opportunity to score some goals. However, Celtic are also good in attack and I also see them scoring in this game. Over 3.5 @ 4.75 (2 units) William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July Well, Polak won't play for Anderlecht because he's goin towards Turkey. Anyone can tell me something about Kiev's team? I think Gent will play defensive. Dury is a coach who plays a defensive 4-3-3 with a lot of attention to switching from defense to attack... It's not really counterfootball in Belgium, but in Kiev I suspect them to play really on the counter.... That's why I'm concidering a -2.5 on this game...

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July Gent AH+1.5 @1.85 bet365 Tbh i like Dynamo or i may i say i did like Dynamo before Gazaev took a charge.As i said before i don't like Gazaev at all.I don't like his tactic and i don't like some players on the pitch.Dynamo's defence is awful atm,keeper Boyko is not good.Yesterday Dynamo paid 4mil for young keeper Koval from Metalurg but he will not play tomorrow.Sheva only scores penalty now and Yarmolenko is too young,Milevsky is a clown but they all think they are super stars.In last 3 domestic matches they won 2 by 1 goal and drew 1.I don't know much about gent but i know they will try to catch Dynamo on counter.Popov,Gusev,El caduri and Usuf are all out for Dynamo as main keeper Shovkovsky.

Braga - Celtic It is hard for me to predict the outcome in this game so will focus on goals market. Celtic will be without their main keeper Borucand Braga will use this opportunity to score some goals. However, Celtic are also good in attack and I also see them scoring in this game. Over 3.5 @ 4.75 (2 units) William Hill
Boruc is no longer a Celtic player. Zaluska will take his place between the sticks. He is a very capable shot stopper. Braga have recently been forced to resign a formerly released goalkeeper to solve an injury crisis

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July Sparta clearly a fav here, a fav to advance to 2nd round but to be honest I was disappointed with odds on them. I agree with the line, but not with the odds. Not sure if last time against Inter I found many followers backing Inter in Poznan, odds were ridiculous same way pricing Lech as so huge fav against team from Baku. Here I find a bit similar situation when Sparta is being priced -0.75 1.77 As much as I try to avoid backing our teams in Cups I will get involved in Lech's game again, though this time will back them on +0.75 2.07 which is clearly tasty for me. Sparta have not started league well, I do not know how much important those regulars missing are for the team, but as much as Czech's league is better one, I do not think the gap is that big and if there is a team in Poland which might finally stop humilating us in Europe, that is definitely Lech. Yes they lost Lewandowski, every time same story, but lets end it, they did not loose more key players and they can still build on that. I am more worried about miss of Bandrowski, he is a key miss in this game, hell of a player running whole game long doing the dirty job. If he was playing, I would not hesite for a second, now I have some doubts but still can not pass the price. For me Sparta is a -0.75 2.10 game maybe, not 1.77, Lech is a dangerous side, they are the dogs who can bite easily from counter with Kriviec and Peszko on wings. I would not exclude a draw in this game and even if Sparta wins, I do not believe they will do it by more than a goal, making +0.75 interesting option here. Tried to be as objective as I could, though I believe Lech will do better in Prague, than in 2nd leg at home. Would not be surprised to see Sparta drawing home and winning in Poznan. Lech +0.75 2.07 for me GL Hob

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July Zenit -125 to win 1 unit Granted that I don't exactly know a ton about Unirea. But I do know that Zenit is the hottest team in the Russian league and they haven't lose a game yet. There offense is clicking all cylinders right now. They've won most of there games by 2 goals or more. I also think it has to help that Zenit (even with the summer break) has 13 games under there belt while Unirea is really just starting there season. Zenit is more into the groove of things and I think they win this one Omonia Nicosia pick/-0.5 -116 to win 1 unit Im basing this pick on one thing. Salzburg lost to a team from the Faroe Islands on the road. Granted they won 5-0 at home, but still that looks really suspect to me.

well lovec will be missing key midfielder doka hwo is important for the team
thats why i love this forum...you get the info...thank you magurko anyway is till think,that lovec will win this one so i dont see any reason for changing my picks... zilina is desperate,they signed a new player(like 2 days ago) to bring a substantial improvment for their attack...at least he had plenty of time to get used to the play of zilina :D :lol

Zenit -125 to win 1 unit ....They've won most of there games by 2 goals or more...
No one game with more then 2 goals win. And 6 from 14 with 2 goals margin. no bet for me as the Zenit may decide their task on the home ground.

thats why i love this forum...you get the info...thank you magurko anyway is till think,that lovec will win this one so i dont see any reason for changing my picks... zilina is desperate,they signed a new player(like 2 days ago) to bring a substantial improvment for their attack...at least he had plenty of time to get used to the play of zilina :D :lol
i dont see a clear winer heare for me bouth teams are same quality litex have slight advantige of playing at home i think it will be tight game probubly desided from 1 goal for me i will go with under 2.5 goals

good morning to all of you,:zzz im particularly interested in the lovec-zilina match. GL
Litex are very dominant at home. They will try to put preassure on Zilina but that is two edged sword. The pitch in Lovech is relatively small, which allows for fast counters etc. But generally Litex are using the size of their home pitch to their own advantage, or at least I have been left with that impression. Litex's home record in Europe is pretty good, they don't only lose at home to teams like Hamburger, Aston Villa etc. Last years clash with BATE was the exception. I don't know if 1.67 is worth the risk.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th July Sheriff(0) - Dinamo 28/07, 20:00 CET I am late with this pick but I still think there is value here. I expected Sheriff at -0.25 max so this is supposed to be still good bet. In fact this is more bet against Dinamo than on Sheriff although it seems they are solid team but I have never watched their game exept some reports. According to what I red and saw it is solid team, although full of strangers, Sheriff has some good results and solid performance. We might agree that Croatia "soccer"(not league) is at higher level but, as someone said, there is something strange going on with Dinamo. They are not playing good, they sold best player Mandžukić and also they will play without captain BiÅ¡ćan. Their defence with Å imić might be experienced but it is rather slow. Also Dinamo is in the center of scandal with payoff of referees in some matches which will certanly not make positive effect on the team. Concerning all aspects I can not see Sheriff loosing this match playing at home. GL Pick: H, Odds: 1.855, Stake: 5/10, Bookmaker: Pinnacle

i dont see a clear winer heare ........................... well its common,that each person can have their own favorites and opinions...i have posted mine,because i do possess some knowledge about zilina... an other issue,which is quite obvious is,that we will find out who was right and who was just blowing smoke :hope :drums so GL to you all

Litex are very dominant at home. They will try to put preassure on Zilina but that is two edged sword. The pitch in Lovech is relatively small, which allows for fast counters etc. But generally Litex are using the size of their home pitch to their own advantage, or at least I have been left with that impression. Litex's home record in Europe is pretty good, they don't only lose at home to teams like Hamburger, Aston Villa etc. Last years clash with BATE was the exception. I don't know if 1.67 is worth the risk.
Complete agree with you. Zilina is in no way comparable to Lovech. They were struggling against Birkirkara, they are struggling in Corgon league. Zilina had relative long journey to Bulgaria, their plane was late, so Zilina will have only one training before match I will try Lovech -0.5&-1 for 1.89 on Betfair