The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread So all of his odds-on shots are getting turned over, and he is getting 33/1 and 66/1 winners instead... Strange coincidence if you ask me! Ryan Moore isn't a bad jockey booking for the stable "2nd string"

Re: The Jockey Thread

I'd be surprised if there was anything dodgy here. Surely winning a group 3 with St Nicholas Abbey would be worth more to Coolmore in terms of stud value than having finished 2nd twice already this season. Just think it was poor judgement by Joseph O'Brien (and equally as bad from Johnny Murtagh for that matter).
I don't think SNA's credibility would have been dented that much, but make no mistake, this game for Trainers, owners, jockeys etc etc is all about one thing, COLD hard cash. If any trainer in this game does not know exactly how a horse under his/her supervision at home then their not fit in holding a permit. Some members might remember a TV show a while back when Ex jump jockey Jamie Osborne was caught red handed on film telling connections when the time was right in backing their horse, i hardly think he stands alone. Racing can be a very hard puzzle at times but when a horse is flying at home, make no mistakes, somebody somewhere will have cold hard cash down. As the saying goes.....Money talks and it has NO conscience.

I share Aidymac's opinion. Everybody saw that it was the young O'Briens fault, not the horse. So SNA lost nothing on his credibility. And on the course they could have made a fortune. Joseph was riding it as it was 1m4f.
Always makes me wonder what horse would have been entered today and who would have been riding it if trainers & owners were restricted to one horse per race. Barry Hills & Dandy Nicholls were and still are renowned for a so called 2nd string winning at big odds.

Re: The Jockey Thread Some of you are absolutely mental :lol What do you guys think about the 9/11 attacks? You seem the sort to believe it was the American Government who carried it out. What about the moon landings? :lol Windsor Palace today was JOB getting it wrong, and the pacemaker improving to hang out in front longer than he has previously been doing. He had the benefit of fitness, a competent ride and was obviously game in front. Homecoming Queen likely benefitted from the fact she didn't enter the stalls, and that she'd likely come on an absolute bundle for her first outing. The fact is, comparing Aidan O'Brien to Jamie Osborne's misdamenour a fair few years ago now, is completely off the mark. The fact is, Coolmore aren't really that bothered with landing gambles, they've been known to, but if there money was down then like hell they'd have gone off 66/1 (230 BSP) and 25/1. Biggest reported bet on course for Homecoming Queen - -£500 Each Way for return of £12500, whilst Maybe - £2000-£1000 £1500-£800 (x2) £3500-£2000 (x3) £1750-£1000 (x2) £6000-£4000 £1800-£1200 £1500-£1000 (x2). Although, many of those bets would have been on-course punters/bookmakers anyway, the point still stands to a degree.

Re: The Jockey Thread Have to agree with Lars here. I would completely agree if Windsor Palace went off at shorter odds. It wouldn't take much money on-course to shorten from a 66/1 price. I've no doubt that there's skulduggery in racing but I just think the ride today was a bad ride.

Some of you are absolutely mental :lol What do you guys think about the 9/11 attacks? You seem the sort to believe it was the American Government who carried it out. What about the moon landings? :lol Windsor Palace today was JOB getting it wrong, and the pacemaker improving to hang out in front longer than he has previously been doing. He had the benefit of fitness, a competent ride and was obviously game in front. Homecoming Queen likely benefitted from the fact she didn't enter the stalls, and that she'd likely come on an absolute bundle for her first outing. The fact is, comparing Aidan O'Brien to Jamie Osborne's misdamenour a fair few years ago now, is completely off the mark. The fact is, Coolmore aren't really that bothered with landing gambles, they've been known to, but if there money was down then like hell they'd have gone off 66/1 (230 BSP) and 25/1. Biggest reported bet on course for Homecoming Queen - -£500 Each Way for return of £12500, whilst Maybe - £2000-£1000 £1500-£800 (x2) £3500-£2000 (x3) £1750-£1000 (x2) £6000-£4000 £1800-£1200 £1500-£1000 (x2). Although, many of those bets would have been on-course punters/bookmakers anyway, the point still stands to a degree.
A.O'Brien is never off his phone before a race and after a race, is that just checking when his dinner will be ready ? It's all about MONEY lars and if you think any different fella your wrong.

I can't work out if there is a degree of fishing going on here or this is actually serious?! If Windsor won and it was down to some skulduggery then why was he 66/1 and 230 on Betfair?!?! St Nicholas Abby was backed all day and there was money for the second fav on course too... Where is Aiden etc getting their money on?!? I'm not saying the game is straight but that was just JoB and Murtugh screwing up...

Have to agree with Lars here. I would completely agree if Windsor Palace went off at shorter odds. It wouldn't take much money on-course to shorten from a 66/1 price. I've no doubt that there's skulduggery in racing but I just think the ride today was a bad ride.
I think alot of skint punter's would disagree in just a bad ride, it was a shocking ride. [TABLE=class: racecard_table] [TR] [TD=class: rc_entry dottedtop]2 [/TD] [TD=class: rc_entry dottedtop]1[/TD] [TD=class: rc_entry dottedtop]1[/TD] [TD=class: rc_entry dottedtop] St Nicholas Abbey (IRE) [/TD] [TD=class: rc_entry dottedtop] 9-8 [/TD] [TD=class: rc_entry dottedtop] J P O'Brien [/TD] [TD=class: rc_entry dottedtop] A P O'Brien [/TD] [TD=class: rc_entry dottedtop]5[/TD] [TD=class: rc_entry dottedtop]2/5 f[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: rc_entry, colspan: 2] [/TD] [TD=class: rc_entry, colspan: 7] settled in 3rd, 10 lengths off pace halfway, dropped to moderate 4th early straight, ridden over 1f out and kept on well inside final furlong, not reach winner touched 4/9 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: The Jockey Thread St Nicholas was never put into the race, pure and simple. A horse does not have to be backed on course for the O Brien's to have fancied it. They are shrewd, and they like to keep to themselves. When you look at it's last run, it only finished about 3-4 lengths behind Excelebration, it's form was not that bad. Do you really believe Aiden didn't know Windsor + Homecoming Queen were going to beat Maybe and Fame And Glory? You must be kidding.. Homecoming Queen won by 9 lengths yesterday, a bit more than a bit of "luck" involved in that result

I can't work out if there is a degree of fishing going on here or this is actually serious?! If Windsor won and it was down to some skulduggery then why was he 66/1 and 230 on Betfair?!?! St Nicholas Abby was backed all day and there was money for the second fav on course too... Where is Aiden etc getting their money on?!? I'm not saying the game is straight but that was just JoB and Murtugh screwing up...
I must be being 'had' here, as if people are seriously suggesting today's event was some kind of Ballydoyle masterplan to land a few nice bets on a 99 rated exposed handicapper in a Group 3 contest including an improving type from a completely separate operation, then you'd have to be completely bonkers.

St Nicholas was never put into the race, pure and simple. A horse does not have to be backed on course for the O Brien's to have fancied it. They are shrewd, and they like to keep to themselves. When you look at it's last run, it only finished about 3-4 lengths behind Excelebration, it's form was not that bad. Do you really believe Aiden didn't know Windsor + Homecoming Queen were going to beat Maybe and Fame And Glory? You must be kidding.. Homecoming Queen won by 9 lengths yesterday, a bit more than a bit of "luck" involved in that result
See, he gets it. Right this Moon landing & 9/11 now any thoughts ?

Re: The Jockey Thread Young Joseph simply made a rookie error and J Murtagh made a miscalculation too although he did spot it before Joseph. To suggest it was all about landing a punt is laughable given the connections. Between them they are worth billions , how much would they be able to get on at 66/1 to make it worthwhile for themselves? Sometimes I can only £10 on a pricewise horse , how do you think the bookies will react if Michael Tabor turns up with a wheelbarrow full of notes asking for 66/1 ?

See, he gets it. Right this Moon landing & 9/11 now any thoughts ?
By the way, i genuinely believe George Bush planned 9/11 as an excuse to invade the middle east and make trillions of dollars on oil! 2 planes fly into the very top of the buildings, yet "mysteriously" both buildings, which are solid steel from top to bottom, with 100 feet of steel and concrete foundations, suddenly collapse to the floor simultaneously. People heard bang, bang, bang a second after each other which in my opinion were the small bombs planted on every 3rd floor to make the buildings collapse... A plane then was "shot down" and another plane hit the pentagon apparently, where i believe it was a planned missile by the US.... Anyways back to the horses, Aidan O Brien knows what he has running for him, he knows how fast his horses can go, and they all made a fortune today.

Young Joseph simply made a rookie error and J Murtagh made a miscalculation too although he did spot it before Joseph. To suggest it was all about landing a punt is laughable given the connections. Between them they are worth billions , how much would they be able to get on at 66/1 to make it worthwhile for themselves? Sometimes I can only £10 on a pricewise horse , how do you think the bookies will react if Michael Tabor turns up with a wheelbarrow full of notes asking for 66/1 ?
Ever hear of a private bookmaker? A friend of mine is a professional gambler in his 50's, owns a Grade 1 horse, and if he wants to get 20k on a horse, all he has to do is make a phone call.

I must be being 'had' here' date=' as if people are seriously suggesting today's event was some kind of Ballydoyle masterplan to land a few nice bets on a 99 rated exposed handicapper in a Group 3 contest including an improving type from a completely separate operation, then you'd have to be completely bonkers.[/quote'] That's what I'm saying! Just to be clear in case it isn't!! St Nicholas - Riding Feck up Homeward/Maybe - the stalls incident Nephrite - prices wrong - market just reflected this...

By the way, i genuinely believe George Bush planned 9/11 as an excuse to invade the middle east and make trillions of dollars on oil! 2 planes fly into the very top of the buildings, yet "mysteriously" both buildings, which are solid steel from top to bottom, with 100 feet of steel and concrete foundations, suddenly collapse to the floor simultaneously. People heard bang, bang, bang a second after each other which in my opinion were the small bombs planted on every 3rd floor to make the buildings collapse... A plane then was "shot down" and another plane hit the pentagon apparently, where i believe it was a planned missile by the US.... Anyways back to the horses, Aidan O Brien knows what he has running for him, he knows how fast his horses can go, and they all made a fortune today.
And they took it all home in lots of Wheelbarrows because thats how you transport money from A 2 B

By the way, i genuinely believe George Bush planned 9/11 as an excuse to invade the middle east and make trillions of dollars on oil! 2 planes fly into the very top of the buildings, yet "mysteriously" both buildings, which are solid steel from top to bottom, with 100 feet of steel and concrete foundations, suddenly collapse to the floor simultaneously. People heard bang, bang, bang a second after each other which in my opinion were the small bombs planted on every 3rd floor to make the buildings collapse... A plane then was "shot down" and another plane hit the pentagon apparently, where i believe it was a planned missile by the US....
Aidy!!!!??! Ha ha - stop!!! I can't have it that the horses are not straight ish at the highest levels... Id have to give up tomorrow off that was the case and I really don't want to!!! ;)

Re: The Jockey Thread Any more mistakes by young Joseph and he will be given the boot despite being son of Aidan. How much value was lost when Maybe lost her unbeaten streak ? Whether it was down to pilot error or whether the horse hasn't improved from 2 to 3 or something else , I don't think they will tolerate many more mistakes. It wouldn't surprise me to see a more experienced jockey riding the first string later in the season , maybe former inmates Fallon or Spencer . There was talk of young Joseph still growing , so maybe it was his dad giving him the opportunity whilst he could still ride on the flat.

Ever hear of a private bookmaker? A friend of mine is a professional gambler in his 50's' date=' owns a Grade 1 horse, and if he wants to get 20k on a horse, all he has to do is make a phone call.[/quote'] I know private bookies exist , not that i have ever used them , but do you think they will give you as much 66/1 as you can put on? Anybody taking significant sums on at 66/1 would result in the SP collapsing.

I know private bookies exist , not that i have ever used them , but do you think they will give you as much 66/1 as you can put on? Anybody taking significant sums on at 66/1 would result in the SP collapsing.
How would the SP collapse? It is a private bet. Nobody else knows about it. I don't know what prices they got or for how much, but you can bet your bottom dollar they had a nice few quid on. This nonsense that the stalls situation was the cause of Homecoming winning by 9 lengths is nonsense too, it put every other horse to sleep!

Re: The Jockey Thread I don't think connections would have lost any sleep at Maybe losing her unbeaten record, taking into account it was another horse owned by them that what beat her. Yet another win win situation for Mr M Tabor, D Smith & Mrs John Magnier.

I don't think connections would have lost any sleep at Maybe losing her unbeaten record, taking into account it was another horse owned by them that what beat her. Yet another win win situation for Mr M Tabor, D Smith & Mrs John Magnier.
No Jimmy, they are nice folk that don't give a hoot about having a 66/1 or 33/1 winner. :lol All these outsiders winning is just a pure coincidence! Aidan O Brien doesn't bet ;)

I don't think connections would have lost any sleep at Maybe losing her unbeaten record, taking into account it was another horse owned by them that what beat her. Yet another win win situation for Mr M Tabor, D Smith & Mrs John Magnier.
Yes they're not going to lose any sleep like us peasants will if we owned her. But they will be a little pi-ssed off that she didn't get to retirement unbeaten just like Zarkava or Sea The Stars. Infact I don't think they have had a filly/mare with such a record , so obviously a disappointment for them.

Some of you are absolutely mental :lol What do you guys think about the 9/11 attacks? You seem the sort to believe it was the American Government who carried it out. What about the moon landings? :lol
I actually believe that the american government is involved in this. The american history is full of actions like that. The nuclear bomb of Hiroshima was dropped after Japan had already surrendered. The Vietnam war is based on a lie. And in the middle east are the largest oil fields in the world and strategic places to control them. But this is not the theme. In our beloved sport is a lot more money involved than in any other sport. Open your eyes.

How would the SP collapse? It is a private bet. Nobody else knows about it. I don't know what prices they got or for how much' date=' but you can bet your bottom dollar they had a nice few quid on. This nonsense that the stalls situation was the cause of Homecoming winning by 9 lengths is nonsense too, it put every other horse to sleep![/quote'] a private bookie is not going to accept a wheelbarrow full of dollars at 66/1 or whatever odds without laying some off . where ever he lays off that money will result in a price drop for us peasants.

Yes they're not going to lose any sleep like us peasants will if we owned her. But they will be a little pi-ssed off that she didn't get to retirement unbeaten just like Zarkava or Sea The Stars. Infact I don't think they have had a filly/mare with such a record ' date=' so obviously a disappointment for them.[/quote'] They had every angle covered fella, if they didn't Homecoming Queen would not have been in the race.

But this is not the theme. In our beloved sport is a lot more money involved than in any other sport. Open your eyes.
Lets skip the conspiracy theories regarding America, as I didn't actually think reasonable thinking people believed that stuff, but there we go. So you too agree that the plan always was for Windsor Palace to win today and they'd land a few bets in the process? I just need to know, merely so I don't class you as some grade A nutter...