The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread French racing is crap. Great ride from Buick but what the hell is Lemaire doing on Dunaden having him that far back. Chapman is right on ATR saying they are clueless. I have watched 3 races over in Chantilly now and all of them had no pace whatsoever. Laugh out Loud won from the front riding everyone else to sleep and Buick has just done it there. The bumper cars race was just a joke as well

Re: The Jockey Thread Oh good god, Marco Demuro in the 4.40 at Wolverhampton. No money on it thank god but he's ridden the horse out a circuit early and eased the horse down thinking he's won by 4 lengths or so. Mark Johnston won't be happy....

Re: The Jockey Thread Frankie rides another stinker on the 7/4 fav in the 4:50. Out in front with hands and heels, blissfully unaware that he's about to get pipped at the post by the fast approaching and hard-working 10/1 with Ryan Moore in the saddle. Dear oh dear!

Re: The Jockey Thread

Frankie rides another stinker on the 7/4 fav in the 4:50. Out in front with hands and heels' date=' blissfully unaware that he's about to get pipped at the post by the fast approaching and hard-working 10/1 with Ryan Moore in the saddle. Dear oh dear![/quote'] Personally don't like him on favourites, always seems to pull big price winners out the bag though. Thought he had that from the front but didn't seem to find much at the business end, whether that be Frankie or the horse itself.

Re: The Jockey Thread I don't know how u lads feel, but I'm very, very reluctant to back any horse Frankie is on at the moment. I feel like his attitude is minging and has many have said before, he just gives up far too easy! When I'm backing a nag I expect the jockey to give it every chance of winning which means riding ride out to finish (where reasonable anyway). I'm probably too young to remember any of his big, big wins but nowadays I don't feel he's up to it or that he gives two hoots. Anyway, sounds like I need to watch a clip of the 4:40 at Wolverhampton. How?!?! Just how does a jockey ride out a whole circuit early?!?! Haha! Unbelievable Jeff!

Re: The Jockey Thread He must have thought it was the easiest win of his career coming towards the 'finish' line first time around :rollin, what surprised me the most was how long it took him to realise the race was still going on whilst he was pulling up the horse! 12 day ban as well, and then gets beaten by a 100/1 shot in the last at Wolves when he was on the 13/8 favourite, bad day all round really for Demuro, who's clearly better than that.

Oh good god' date=' Marco Demuro in the 4.40 at Wolverhampton. No money on it thank god but he's ridden the horse out a circuit early and eased the horse down thinking he's won by 4 lengths or so. Mark Johnston won't be happy....[/quote'] Its a common mistake at Wolverhampton , happens all the time. Banned jockey Dean Mernagh used to ride a circuit too early all the time there amongst other jockeys. I remember 12 years ago R Ffrench easing up far too early onboard Mark Johnstons Happy Diamond , and getting beat by Kim Tinkler ( female jockey ) on a Don Corleone trained donkey , so even though M Johnston will not be happy , I don't think it will ruin the fruitful partnership because R Ffrench continued to ride for him.

Re: The Jockey Thread I went to school with Chris Hayes. He is fast turning into one of Ireland's best jockey's. He goes to India when the flat season is over every year, is getting huge experience, and he is a man to follow!

I went to school with Chris Hayes. He is fast turning into one of Ireland's best jockey's. He goes to India when the flat season is over every year' date=' is getting huge experience, and he is a man to follow![/quote'] Agree with that he looks a very promising jockey, one I've been closely following since last year.

Re: The Jockey Thread Looks as if I have no luck in French races whatsoever but seriously what a poor ride was that by Ryan Moore on Up?! Switching here, switching there, running the horse from trouble into even more trouble instead of seeking the clear run on the outside when the chance was definitely there to do so. Gutted.

Re: The Jockey Thread Watched the race again and have to admit I've been a bit harsh with my critics maybe... it was just bad luck in-running and I can't blame Ryan Moore for it. Still a very, very unlucky race for Up who travelled very well and looked as if she'd have a big say about the outcome of the race. http://youtu.be/he-l7SbPC9Y