State of Origin II

NSW -6.5 @ 5.00 centrebet Queensland have showed that they are the better team overall in this derby but looking at the statistics from the first game, the Blues actually had better numbers and with a bit more composure and a bit more enthusiasm, they would have won this game. They go north with nothing to lose and it looks like a better forward pack, with Gallen there to give it more mongrel and the bench also looks far more solid. The Queenslanders played very well, but can they play better? NSW definately can. With no Civoniceva there, it takes away alot of their go-forward and while the rest of the pack can get yardage, believe that NSW's forward pack has more opportunity to gain the yards With Weyman and Waterhouse able to rumble along. Like the look of Hayne and fullback and with his forwards givng him to room to use his skill, like him to lead the Bles to win. Note: very one-eyed Blues supporter here

Re: State of Origin II Queensland are short fav @ $1.45 after winning the first game 28-24 and now play in front of their fanatical home crowd. The score flattered NSW as the Maroons played all over the Blues. Both teams have changes from the first game with the Blues moving Hayes back to fullback but are missing the class of Watmough and Lyons plus Tahu after his dummy spit. Maroons will definatley miss Civoniceva but they got their Smith back which is a huge plus. Very confident of a Maroons win as they have CLASS players in the key positions and there would be very few players from the Blues side who would make their team. Queensland to win by +13 @ $2.55 with sportingbet

Re: State of Origin II

Queensland are short fav @ $1.45 after winning the first game 28-24 and now play in front of their fanatical home crowd. The score flattered NSW as the Maroons played all over the Blues. Both teams have changes from the first game with the Blues moving Hayes back to fullback but are missing the class of Watmough and Lyons plus Tahu after his dummy spit. Maroons will definatley miss Civoniceva but they got their Smith back which is a huge plus. Very confident of a Maroons win as they have CLASS players in the key positions and there would be very few players from the Blues side who would make their team. Queensland to win by +13 @ $2.55 with sportingbet
Queensland wins 34-6. As the saying goes "there is no substitution for CLASS" and i don't think there would be any Blues player that would make the Maroons team.:dude

• 3 weeks later...

Re: State of Origin II After watching the last 2 games i would of thought the bet would be to back queensland - 6 points....they were far superier in every department...but...i know nothing about aussi rugby league,what you thinking blackcrow and others...will they relax a bit now they,ve won the series,all will they be going all out for 3 - 0...dont know the history of this competition but did enjoy the last 2 matches as i won after following you guys tips..lol

Re: State of Origin II Blackcrow and Pete just heads up you both indicated the game was being played in Brisbane tonight. It is at ANZ Stadium. Too much love in this game for me tonight as a passionate Queenslander. Not much value in my opinion on the outright around the 1.40 mark as anything can happen in a dead rubber. So I'll be having a friendly tenner on QLD 12.5+ $2.60 @ Sportsbet, decking out in my maroon gear, grabbing some beverages and heading off to mates to watch the Maroons smash the scum blues! Let's pray for Gallen to have his ribs broken and Hayne to get knocked out just for fun! Verdict. No Bet. QUEENSLANDER!

Re: State of Origin II Just had a look at the markets and the only value that stands out to me is Man of the Match betting. In the unlikely event NSW win the match I think Jarred Hayne will be MOM or a suprise packet in Michael Jennings. If these two don't fire I can't see any chance for the blues to win the match. If Jennings can show any of what he shows for Penrith in this game he is a good possibility to take it. Small stakes Jarrad Hayne MOM $13 @ Sportsbet Michael Jennings MOM $26 @Sportsbet

Re: State of Origin II 3rd SOO game in Sydney tonight and Queensland are going for clean sweep, something they couldn't do last year after too much celebrating their first two wins. I think they it will be differant tonight and again they will have too much class for the NSW team who have again made major changes from last game and although they look to have more attacking options Queensland will be too strong. Queensland are that good a team the critics are saying the Maroons team should be picked as one for the next Australian team. Last two game have went overs and can see no reason this game will be any different so i will be backing Queensland -6.5 and over 39.5 @ $3.50 with Sportingbet.

3rd SOO game in Sydney tonight and Queensland are going for clean sweep, something they couldn't do last year after too much celebrating their first two wins. I think they it will be differant tonight and again they will have too much class for the NSW team who have again made major changes from last game and although they look to have more attacking options Queensland will be too strong. Queensland are that good a team the critics are saying the Maroons team should be picked as one for the next Australian team. Last two game have went overs and can see no reason this game will be any different so i will be backing Queensland -6.5 and over 39.5 @ $3.50 with Sportingbet.
That double looks good pete :cheers No matter how many bandaids NSW put on their team, they will struggle to compete with QLD. :(

That double looks good pete :cheers No matter how many bandaids NSW put on their team, they will struggle to compete with QLD. :(
Sportingbet changed their price for my bet from $3.50 to $3.35 but managed to get on with NSW TAB Queensand -5.5 and over 39.5 @ $3.40.

Re: State of Origin II Just so you guys know, only 5 series have ever been whitewashes the last 3 being '95 '96 and '00. Not saying it's rigged or anything but do the winning teams really lose all motivation to win after going 2-0 up every single year? Based solely on the quality on both sides, QLD should have won 3-0 for the past 4 years. Call it lack of QLD motivation, or a desire for NSW to get something from the series, but the amount of 2-1 result over the years has tempted me into a nibble on NSW at 3.40, especially as they are at home. 3 Pts - NSW @ 3.40

Re: State of Origin II Ive gone for queensland h/t and queensland f/t at 5/6 with corals....NSW have made 8 changes from the last game...didnt fancy the -6 points at 8/13 with corals so gone for this bet...im hoping class will tell again and queensland get the whitewash...like i said i know nothing about aussi rugby league but have loved watching the ferocity of these games...if only englands football team could play with the same passion:drums

Re: State of Origin II Unlucky to the NSW backers, possibly one of the worst refereeing performances in history in the back end of that game with several blatantly wrong decisions being made to directly effect the outcome of the game. :\

Unlucky to the NSW backers' date=' possibly one of the worst refereeing performances in history in the back end of that game with several blatantly wrong decisions being made to directly effect the outcome of the game. :\[/quote'] Queensland win 23-18 missed out on my bet when they missed conversion. Don't think NSW could blame referee as they got six penalties in a row in the second half but couldn't convert their chances into points and finish off Queensland.

Unlucky to the NSW backers' date=' possibly one of the worst refereeing performances in history in the back end of that game with several blatantly wrong decisions being made to directly effect the outcome of the game. :\[/quote'] Absolutely even worse refereeing performance than the last game. QLD in the end should have won by at least 10 - 12. The run of 6 or 7 bullshit penalties was laughable. It was such a farce it wasn't even worth getting worked up about. NSW + Referees + NRL + Pathetic NSW crowd couldn't get them home against passionate QLD. QUEENSLANDER!

Re: State of Origin II The penalty count was 7-5 (?). I love how people try to use things like "6 penalties in a row" to try to prove the referee was one-sided when there were only 2 extra penalties towards 1 team and the penalty that mattered was awarded the wrong way and changed the result of the match... No one is mentioning about the 4 penalties in a row QLD got in the first half. Also, since when are QLD immune to the offside rule. :\ Oh well, tonight was a perfect example of why no one really cares about Origin anymore. I used to get really pumped up for this time of year, and me and my mates would head over to someones house and have a great night, but now we don't even bother anymore. The rule interpretations are so vastly different from the NRL, in that almost anything goes, that it just leaves true NRL fans frustrated. Players push the limits and when people start getting penalised for things that were let go earlier in the game, it's no wonder they get confused, and fans get frustrated.

Re: State of Origin II typical blind new south welshman. queensland of course got penalties because new south wales are filthy grubs. 2 of the penalties were blatant high tackles. all of new south wales tries came off the back of poor refereeing not just penalties. i would have to watch a replay to point out the 10 - 15 extremely poor decisions against qld. Phil Gould's commentary was laughable. After 5 years in a row losing I guess it would get to you though. This years series was great regardless of QLD win lose. Plenty of biff and some quality rugby league. NSW at least got a decent team together for the last game its beyond me why gallen and bird were'nt there from the start. Good luck for next year :-)