Tennis - 14-20 June

Some good grass events in ATP and WTA this week. I'm going with Mayer to beat Stephane Robert in 2 sets in Eastbourne tomorrow. Leo Mayer to beat Robert 2-0 @ 10/11 (Paddy Power : 5/10) Mayer is on fire recently, reaching semi at Nice on clay and 3rd round at the French losing to Cilic in tight 5 sets and he really matched him. On the other hand Robert lost to Kamke in 3 at the French and lost to Becker on clay a few weeks back aswell, Becker not a clay-courter at all. Mostly has good results on clay at challenger level. Neither of these guys have played much on grass but to me Leo Mayer has the game to do really well on this surface.....I remember his match with Gonzalez at Wimbledon last year when he lost in 4, he was really good and showed good signs of a player who can improve on grass.....big serve, big shot-making. Think his game is too big for someone like Robert, a player without big weapons to get himself ahead in points...only concern is that this is Mayer's first match on grass this year but likewise Robert so no worries. GL! Also thinking about Tipsarevic to beat Chardy. Tipsa seems out of shape recently hence the 50:50 odds. Lost to Granollers on grass last week which you might expect him to win but he had many break chances in that one which he didn't convert, and did OK for spells. Chardy if he's playing well can keep it tight on serve but he lost to Lacko last week in Halle in 2 and he's very inconsistent anyway....and I do feel Tipsa is better player on grass. Little worried about the Serb's form recently, but that's the only reason we have such odds so will think more on this. Does seem like one to stay away from.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June Got to be very careful this week. It's the final events before Wimbledon starts and as is the norm on the eve of a Slam, strange results happen. I had my worst week of the year in the events the week before Roland Garros so I'll probably be taking it fairly easy here. There will no doubt be money to be made, but it's best to be cautious in this sort of week.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June Wimbledon outright: Lleyton Hewitt 121.00 @ Entraction network www.24hpoker.com or eviltable.com This gambling network is totally out of their minds when still having so high price on Hewitt. At this price I will take Hewitt every day of the week. Compared to others this is enormous. Sportingbet 51.00, bet365 34.00, Coral network 41.00, Pinnacle 36.74. So what's going on at the Entraction network is that they probably will change it because I don't think their price on Hewitt will last long.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June

My thread got steamrolled..............:cry Can't wait for Wimbledon, gonna be great. Although I'm moving away from my initial lean to back Sharapova to win the womens....got tonked by Li today.
Sorry mate, didn't see it ;) Merged the two together :ok

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June Have made "few" choices for Monday. So here we go...

Event Olga Govortsova vs Agnes Szavay
Selection Agnes Szavay
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning I see this one as one of the best offers around today. See Govortsova is all over the place at the moment. She is struggling for form big time and has beaten only in her last 10 matches old Garbin and Navarro who missed 5 setpoints in a match in FO and then threw in a towel. Szavay has got a 2-0 H2H record and should be priced under 1.8 in current circumstances. Bookies have got this one terribly wrong. Take your chances!
Event Na Li vs Elena Baltacha
Selection Elena Baltacha
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 4.00 (Back)
Reasoning I think this is worth having a shot at. There are two reasons why this match could go Baltacha's way. First of all and most importantly Li has just won a tournament in Birmingham. She played her last match only yesterday and will be tired not only physically but also mentally. There are often cases when a player is gone mentally after just winning a tournament and having to play in the next one in the very next day. 2nd thing.. Baltacha beat Li earlier this year in Miami and that win will give her tons of confidence. I think this match has got a potential of being won by underdog, besides being priced at such high odds.
Event Vera Dushevina vs Marion Bartoli
Selection Vera Dushevina
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price VCBet @ 2.62 (Back)
Reasoning Dushevina owns Bartoli like no-one else I guess. She has beaten her 7 out of 9 times including lesser level matches. Even both times they played on grass which should suit Marion more. Vera has got very powerful game and has improved a lot during past 12 months. She was very close to beating Serena Williams in Madrid last month and I can see why Bartoli is having problems with her. Dushevina clearly will have advantage here with better serve and powerful groundies should make life very difficult for Bartoli.
Event Sara Errani vs Sybille Bammer
Selection Sara Errani
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.61 (Back)
Reasoning Bammer has been in crap form for a very long time and I can not see her do much against player like Errani who will feel fine against Bammer who generally doesn't posses huge shots or overall powerful game. Errani showed last week in Birmingham that she can play on grass also with big hitters like Rezai. Out of form Bammer is not to be trusted here therefore I'm going for the Italian woman!
Event Kirsten Flipkens vs Vania King
Selection Vania King
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.97 (Back)
Reasoning Going with the form here. King has beaten Flipkens both times they have played with the most recent win coming last week in Birmingham - 6-4, 6-0. King has very nice aggressive game which can compensate serving problems which are persistent. I think this match will start with King having a mental advantage against Flipkens who will struggle to overcome the fact that she has never beaten the opponent she is about to face again. Nice odds on King. Can't pass this opportunity.
Event Julien Benneteau vs James Blake
Selection James Blake
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Blake is making a comeback. He has not played since Miami Masters in April. My problem with James is that he struggles to find motivation very often but it won't be the case today. He needs match practice before Wimbledon as well as some wins to get his ranking back. Blake will have a massive advantage in serve today and if he gets right his backhand he can be devastating. Watch out Benneteau!
Event Xavier Malisse vs Philipp Petzschner
Selection Philipp Petzschner
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Decent price on Petzschner here. Saw both him and Malisse last week and have to admit that the German has impressed me more. He was serving for the first set against Federer in Halle semifinal. Malisse had a great run @ Queens but it remains to be seen if he can back it up with another consistent performance in this tournament. I have to say that I'm not sure he will be able. His serve is not working as it should be and that will be a big minus against player like Petzschner who has a very good all round play. I'm going with German win here.
Event Kevin Anderson vs Dudi Sela
Selection Dudi Sela
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.70 (Back)
Reasoning Sela has great return game which is perfectly suited to big opponents with huge serves. He get rid of Guccione, Muller and even Roddick last week so there won't be any problems regarding Anderson. Kevin is in the same brainless category as Guccione and Muller who just hit the ball and have no plan B. Sela is going to win today.

Event Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Lucie Safarova
Selection Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.75 (Back)
Reasoning Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova has got very good game for grass courts. Serve is a bit of a weakness but other than that she's absolutely fine. The Russian girl has been beating Safarova whilst she was still in juniors. Can't see any difference now, especially that Safarova has not done a great deal on grass lately. Not ruling out 3 sets which is most often the case with Lucie but Pavlychenkova win should be the right result here!

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June Hi boys, this is my first post :) I believe in good profits:D

Event Medina Garrigues - Rus
Selection Medina Garrigues -1.5(sets) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.38 (Back)
Reasoning Rank: Medina is 38 Rus is 125 Trends: Rus lost 7 of last 8 matches when be Underdog(2.00 to 2.99) Skills: Medina have one class better serve than Rus - better first serve %, Rus make more DF and is not hard to break. On Grass: Medina defending many points to rank from last year, because in 2009 go to QF in Eastbourne - in this year play in Netherland, this is worse tournament. Rus not have any experience on this surface, 0-3 balance, won only one set in last year Wimbledon Q against Hrdinova(192). For me Medina have big chances to take this match in straight sets!
Event Ivanovic - Arvidsson
Selection Ivanovic -1.5(sets) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Rank: Ivanovic is 46. Arvidsson is 65. H2H: 3-1 for Ivanovic. Arvidsson won first match in 2003 2-0(second match for Ivanovic in WTA). Next 3 wins for Ivanovic in straight sets. Trends: Arvidsson has lost 6 in a row on Grass and has lost 5 of last 6 when priced as Moderate Underdog ($3.00 to $5.999). On grass: Ivanovic in last years make big results on this surface. Arvidsson feel very bad on Grass - won last match in 2007 and make 6 losts in a row.. For me Ana is clear favorite, easy 2-0!

Wimbledon outright: Lleyton Hewitt 121.00 @ Entraction network www.24hpoker.com or eviltable.com This gambling network is totally out of their minds when still having so high price on Hewitt. At this price I will take Hewitt every day of the week. Compared to others this is enormous. Sportingbet 51.00, bet365 34.00, Coral network 41.00, Pinnacle 36.74. So what's going on at the Entraction network is that they probably will change it because I don't think their price on Hewitt will last long.
so what, Hewitt won't win Wimbeldon :lol

Event Lapentti - Fognini
Selection Lapentti -1.5(sets) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.46 (Back)
Reasoning Trends: Fognini has lost 6 of last 7 when Opponent is a Big Server, has lost 9 of last 10 when priced as Underdog ($2.00 to $2.999), On grass: Fognini in career play 6 matches on this surface and take only one win - in last Wimbledon, becasue Istomin retired. Lapentti in this year look good, play in Q for Queens - beat Witten 2-0 and lose against great grasscouter Mahut after 3 sets. Fot this tournament too play Q and show very good serve. In last match beat Gimeno( 89) 6-3, 6-3. Fognini not have court practise and in last time playing with injury and not making good results..

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June Can't really add more than what IAG has said. This is Stephane Robert’s first competitive match on grass and I feel he’s facing a tough opponent in Leonardo Mayer. The Argentine knows how to play on this surface and has got the game to develop on it – big serve, can volley and nice groundstrokes. I feel he’ll be too much for Robert. The Frenchman is on an appalling losing streak on his favourite surface, clay, against weaker players than Mayer. His game can be very loose and I can see him being able to overpower his opponent here. Mayer just needs to break once in each set to cover a -14 game handicap and I feel he can do so. Would have gone bigger if it wasn’t the week before Wimbledon. - Leonardo Mayer -4 games AH at 1.80 with Pinnacle (5pts) Going to go for a wee treble here, with Dustin Brown as its cornerstone. The Jamaican is 1.44 to see off young Finn Henri Kontinen and I feel he will do so. He’s simply a more experienced player on this surface. He’s come through the qualies, made R2 at Queen’s and takes on a player who has, although talented, little experience on grass. Brown plays a serve-volley game that is perfect for grass court tennis and he’ll pick up lots of cheap points on his serve. I just feel he has the edge over a player who spends all of his time at Challenger level. Denis Istomin will form part of this treble. He takes on Eduardo Schwank in Eastbourne and holds all the aces here. The Uzbek is fresh off a good week at Queen’s, making the third round, and he takes on a player who hates grass. Schwank is a clay courter and finds it very difficult on this surface to find his movement and timing. This is Istomin’s to lose, and I’d have taken a handicap if it hadn’t been so high at -4 games. The final piece in the jigsaw is Michael Llodra, who takes on German qualifier Martin Emmrich, ranked 994 in the world. Llodra is far too experienced not to take this one. He had a good week at Queen’s and his serve volley game should see him through this one. - Treble of Dustin Brown x Denis Istomin x Michael Llodra at 1.94 with Canbet (3pts) There’s an intriguing match being played today between Gilles Simon and Evgeny Korolev at Eastbourne. Simon accepted a wildcard into this event but has been off the Tour for a few months through injury. You can’t just come back and expect to win, especially on grass. Simon’s never been the best player on this surface anyway and although he leads the H2H 3-0, I feel Korolev can gain a victory here. The Kazakh has already played one match on this surface at Queen’s, losing to Santiago Giraldo, and I expect him to be in tune with grass conditions. Korolev is a big hitter and may be able to blast through Simon with his forehand and serve. The Frenchman’s serve is actually a weak part of his game and he could offer up chances to Korolev, especially if he’s not played much recently. I feel Korolev can win this and I’m astonished by the price of 2.19. Take it with a one-ball bookie if you can – if Simon retires, and it’s entirely possible, you’ll get the win. - Evgeny Korolev at 2.19 with Pinnacle (3pts) :hope

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June Big market movement on Julien Benneteau. I can understand why. James Blake hasn't played much tennis recently and although good on grass, Benneteau's not exactly a weak opponent. He'll make life tough for Blake. Kevin Anderson also looks a tad big at 2.30 - Sela should beat him but it's uncanny how players go from having a good week to a bad.

Can't really add more than what IAG has said. This is Stephane Robert’s first competitive match on grass and I feel he’s facing a tough opponent in Leonardo Mayer. The Argentine knows how to play on this surface and has got the game to develop on it – big serve, can volley and nice groundstrokes. I feel he’ll be too much for Robert. The Frenchman is on an appalling losing streak on his favourite surface, clay, against weaker players than Mayer. His game can be very loose and I can see him being able to overpower his opponent here. Mayer just needs to break once in each set to cover a -14 game handicap and I feel he can do so. Would have gone bigger if it wasn’t the week before Wimbledon. - Leonardo Mayer -4 games AH at 1.80 with Pinnacle (5pts) Going to go for a wee treble here, with Dustin Brown as its cornerstone. The Jamaican is 1.44 to see off young Finn Henri Kontinen and I feel he will do so. He’s simply a more experienced player on this surface. He’s come through the qualies, made R2 at Queen’s and takes on a player who has, although talented, little experience on grass. Brown plays a serve-volley game that is perfect for grass court tennis and he’ll pick up lots of cheap points on his serve. I just feel he has the edge over a player who spends all of his time at Challenger level. Denis Istomin will form part of this treble. He takes on Eduardo Schwank in Eastbourne and holds all the aces here. The Uzbek is fresh off a good week at Queen’s, making the third round, and he takes on a player who hates grass. Schwank is a clay courter and finds it very difficult on this surface to find his movement and timing. This is Istomin’s to lose, and I’d have taken a handicap if it hadn’t been so high at -4 games. The final piece in the jigsaw is Michael Llodra, who takes on German qualifier Martin Emmrich, ranked 994 in the world. Llodra is far too experienced not to take this one. He had a good week at Queen’s and his serve volley game should see him through this one. - Treble of Dustin Brown x Denis Istomin x Michael Llodra at 1.94 with Canbet (3pts) There’s an intriguing match being played today between Gilles Simon and Evgeny Korolev at Eastbourne. Simon accepted a wildcard into this event but has been off the Tour for a few months through injury. You can’t just come back and expect to win, especially on grass. Simon’s never been the best player on this surface anyway and although he leads the H2H 3-0, I feel Korolev can gain a victory here. The Kazakh has already played one match on this surface at Queen’s, losing to Santiago Giraldo, and I expect him to be in tune with grass conditions. Korolev is a big hitter and may be able to blast through Simon with his forehand and serve. The Frenchman’s serve is actually a weak part of his game and he could offer up chances to Korolev, especially if he’s not played much recently. I feel Korolev can win this and I’m astonished by the price of 2.19. Take it with a one-ball bookie if you can – if Simon retires, and it’s entirely possible, you’ll get the win. - Evgeny Korolev at 2.19 with Pinnacle (3pts) :hope
0/3 - rubbish, knew this should be a week to avoid. Will be giving it a wide berth unless something stands out.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June It was terrible Monday. So I'm having to play a bit smarter onwards... making doubles on bankers etc.

Event Caroline Wozniacki vs Aravane Rezai
Selection Caroline Wozniacki
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.58 (Back)
Reasoning I don't think grass is Rezai's thing. She managed to get to semifinals last week in Birmingham but it has to be said that she was very lucky in some matches. Wozniacki has finally had good rest after playing hella lot matches ever since the start of the season. The rest will do her lots of good and defensive skills will prevail today. Wozniacki defends very good and will throw everything back at Rezai who basically is very impatient and most often than not wants to finish points early. That leads to mistakes...
Event Sandra Zahlavova vs Magdalena Rybarikova
Selection Sandra Zahlavova
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.50 (Back)
Reasoning This one has an upset written all over it. Rybarikova has struggled big time lately on the surface which usually suits her best. She has won 3 matches out of 4 although in honesty should have lost all of those. She had a massive win against Safina in the first round but Dinara gave her that match. I really like Zahlavova's chances here. She has gone past qualies and beaten decent player like Vesnina in previous round. H2H is 1-0 in favor of Zahlavova. All set for an underdog win!
Event Ivan Ljubicic vs Alejandro Falla
Selection Ivan Ljubicic
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.63 (Back)
Reasoning Saw Falla play Serra on Sunday. It was very poor performance by Falla who was happy to get a win and was helped a lot by Serra's billion unforced errors. Ljubicic has won this tournament 3 years ago and although is not such a huge force on the grass he should be ok to get a win here. Falla may be able to keep this close but not sure he can beat Ljubicic.
Event Xavier Malisse vs Daniel Brands
Selection Xavier Malisse
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.57 (Back)
Reasoning Can not see any other outcome as Malisse win. Brands will rely on his serve as he usually does but he's all about serve and have no baseline game whatsoever. Malisse has been playing good staf lately and should be able to outsmart and outplay player like Brands.
Event Karol Beck vs Yen-Hsun Lu
Selection Karol Beck
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.73 (Back)
Reasoning Beck loves to play on faster surfaces and especially on grass. He had a terrible loss last week in London and this is perfect chance to make amends for that defeat. Lu won't give him much trouble because the Asian player is more about groundies and not powerful shots. Beck has beaten him quite easily on a fast indoor surface last year and will fancy his chances again.
Event Rainer Schuettler vs Andrey Golubev
Selection Rainer Schuettler
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.65 (Back)
Reasoning Rainer Schuettler had a very strong tournament in London last week and he obviously has picked some decent form and it's not really a surprise to see him play well on grass. Golubev on paper should be a walkover and won't give the German veteran much trouble. Golubev had a hammering against Llodra last week as he failed to coupe with the Frencman's serve. Schuettler won't have that massive serve but his all round game should do the trick today.

so what' date=' Hewitt won't win Wimbeldon :lol[/quote'] Sure he will.. If he can beat Federer in Halle he can win Wimbledon! Hewitt is a big outsider this year as any year but just look at last year where he was in quarters and I think we will see something like that again.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June Like the look of Marchenko to beat Zeballos....seems like a winnable match I think. Can't be bothered backing anyone today though....after Robert beat Mayer in 2 yesterday on a fast surface. Mayer still not reliable but couldn't see that loss coming. Roll an Wimbledon.............:nana

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June Here's a bit more.

Event Benjamin Becker vs Jarkko Nieminen
Selection Over 22.5
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.86 (Back)
Reasoning No idea why the odds have dropped on Becker in the past days. They both came out even with Jarrko. I look at this match as a very close encounter and most likely to end up in 3 sets. They have met twice before and there were 3 sets on both occasions. All set for another tight match and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nieminen came out as a winner but like I said at the start, over is the best option here. Tie-breaks in prospect. Maybe more than one.
Event Janko Tipsarevic vs Jeremy Chardy
Selection Jeremy Chardy
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning Tried to back Tipsa last week in London tournament and he failed to come up with the goods. Today he's playing another of those who is just like him - without any form or confidence. Should be very close match but I reckon in current circumstances Chardy must be rated just a little bit higher than he is. After all Tipsa has not won a match since Dubai tournament in February. Besides with Tipsa you never know. Might be yet another retirement if things don't go right. So I would suggest to use bookies who don't void bets on retirements.
Event Kirsten Flipkens vs Maria Kirilenko
Selection Maria Kirilenko
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Good stuff offered here. Despite Flipken's win against King I still don't think she should be rated this high especially against player like Kirilenko. Maria has the right attitude and will give her best shot and won't be playing with just 50% like some players are a week before major event. Kirilenko win here should be the right outcome.
Event Yaroslava Shvedova vs Arantxa Parra-Santonja
Selection Over 20.5
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.85 (Back)
Reasoning Shvedova is a clear favorite here and should win comfortably. That's on paper but in reality Santonja has a very good shot at this one. She is benefiting from her serve that has saved her in a lot of matches and on surface like grass is even more so important. Shvedova possesses the same type of play therefore this match should be very close. they have met once before and it was close for one set after what Santonja faded away. I can see her being more stable today as she's got enough confidence after strong performances.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June alja tomljanovic to beat k kucova at evens 3 points paddypowers! i am loving this price in the wimbledon qualifiers!! tomjlanovic is a young 15 year old with bags of talent and a real bright future!! she has already beaten kucova this year in straight sets on hard court!! she has one two itf challenger events this year.....taken sets off the likes of sprem and shvedova....she held match points against shvedova!! at the french open qualifiers this year, she took a set off experienced betthanie mattek (an unlucky draw for her) and only last week she hammered the promising xinyun han on grass in the qualifiers of notthingham before pushing alison riske all the way in a tight 3 setter and riske went on a super run after that victory!! kucova is a experienced campaigner but far inferior to zuzanna kucova and she is not in great form this year if one looks at her results and i expect the feisty and talented tomljanovic to win this one!! i also like oprandi at 8-11 with bet365!!

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June Ivan Ljubicic v Alejandro Falla Alejandro Falla @ 2.70 - bwin Like the look of Falla here, allthough he's results on grass are far from impressive. Falla is left handed, has solid serve which can bother Ljubo who isn't a player which likes to play on grass. Also, Ljubo still carries some injury problems with his back and that might affect his game as well. I'm also counting on his usual tanking before GS tournaments, he's not that young anymore and has to keep strength for more important tournaments, and Wimbledon is just around the corner. In any case, 2.70 is too much, although i agree Ljubo is a better player of course and should be tagged as favourite in this match. Both of their h2h meetings were close, one was on carpet, one on hard, and atm it's 1-1. I also think that over 23 is a good deal. Good luck.

Event Arantxa Rus vs Dominika Cibulkova
Selection Dominika Cibulkova - 3.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.75 (Back)
Reasoning This looks very good. Rus had a lucky win against Garrigues yesterday but she will struggle against Cibulkova. Rus is all about serve and when it's not working she's in big trouble. Cibulkova has great baseline game and she can run all day long. Rus will be done today and even home crowd support won't help her to prevent a defeat.
Event Illya Marchenko vs Horacio Zeballos
Selection Horacio Zeballos
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.87 (Back)
Reasoning Zeballos is an obvious choice here. He has beaten stronger players in recent weeks and Marchenko is better player on clay. He did win the first round match here but it was only against totally out of form Seppi who is losing to everybody at the moment. Zeballos has better serve and his baseline game skills will be a bonus. Zeballos win here without any second thoughts.

Event Fabio Fognini vs Guillermo Garcia-Lopez
Selection Fabio Fognini
Strength 10/10
Date 15/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 4.55 (Back)
Reasoning This is the bet of the day for me. GGL had a very tough opening round match against out of form Gicquel and the Spaniard could have easily lost that match but escaped in the 3rd set tie-break. Fognini also had very tough opening round, also 3 set win. The thing I like about Fognini is that he is a fighter and never gives up. He showed that recently in French Open against Monfils and certainly is more motivated these days than GGL. I reckon that this is gonna be the upset of the day. Fognini has won the only match they contested so that will give him even more confidence. GGL is overrated in current circumstances and should not be offered @ 1.25. This is totally wrong!

Ivan Ljubicic v Alejandro Falla Alejandro Falla @ 2.70 - bwin
I'm really getting suspicious about Ljubo's matches in those "little" tournaments... He plays like a begginner, makes bunch of UE's in crucial points and doesn't even react on that like a normal person. Also his challenges were horrible, few times he challenged the call when the ball was clearly few inches out only few meters from where he stand. Falla nothing special really, few great shots but overall far from impressive. His movement is funny, his shots are weak and i don't take this result as some evidence of his good form or smth like that cause even lower ranked players would beat such Ljubo. Win is a win though. :nana

Ivan Ljubicic v Alejandro Falla Alejandro Falla @ 2.70 - bwin Like the look of Falla here, allthough he's results on grass are far from impressive. Falla is left handed, has solid serve which can bother Ljubo who isn't a player which likes to play on grass. Also, Ljubo still carries some injury problems with his back and that might affect his game as well. I'm also counting on his usual tanking before GS tournaments, he's not that young anymore and has to keep strength for more important tournaments, and Wimbledon is just around the corner. In any case, 2.70 is too much, although i agree Ljubo is a better player of course and should be tagged as favourite in this match. Both of their h2h meetings were close, one was on carpet, one on hard, and atm it's 1-1. I also think that over 23 is a good deal. Good luck.
This was the bet of the day mate. Well played sir :ok

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June Thanks for the heads up on Baltacha Psycho. :cheers I didn't know that Ladbrokes pay out for retirements despite losing the first set. Luck with us there :D Not so much on the Fognini which I followed on, like myself an underdog tip.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June I know this isnt tennis from this week but it's a quick note an outright for Wimbledon which I think looks like a good price. Victoria Azarenka @ 101 with SportingBet - and I feel that's a ridiculous price. I thought she'd go down massively if she won today against Radwanska but no, still 100s available. She hasnt had the best season but she's still in the top 15 in the world which means a decent seeding and she reached the last 8 at Wimbledon last year losing to Serena Williams. Beating Radwankska was impressive, first of all in the manner 7-6 6-1, second of all because she is the no.8 in the world, and thirdly because Radwanska is no mug on a grass court (won junior Wimbledon, won at Eastbourne and reached the quarter finals at Wimbledon for the last two years). Just feel she is incredibly overpriced seeing as others are offering her at 20s! GL:hope

Re: Tennis - 14-20 June Gonna do a couple of casual bets for tomorrow, pocket change as I really don't want to risk money in this week. Fancy Benneteau to beat Sela in Eastbourne(@5/6 Boyles)......nice h2h 3-0 in Benneteau's favour. He beat Blake in rd 1, Blake rusty no doubt but a win is a win. Did Ok last week at Queens aswell beating Anderson and Clement in 2 before falling to Feli Lopez who was on fire(and then lost to James Ward today retiring at 5-4 in the second before the fella could serve out for the win!)..couldn't make it up.Sela good on grass to be fair, and played well against big servers last week.....think Benneteau has better return than most of the guys Sela beat last week.....advantage on serve over Sela aswell I think.....guy can play like complete crap at times but fancy him to come through in 3 here. Also taking Hantuchova to beat Stosur(@ 6/4 Will Hill)....seems like a good chance for Hantuchova I think. Stosur beat Oudin 6-4 6-4 in rd 1, wonder how much she wants this after playing alot of tennis lately getting to Rolland Garros final. Hantuchova is a nightmare to back in all fairness, but she has a good game for fast surfaces....Stosur has a big game but still flaws in certain areas I think, return and backhand still not great. Don't trust Hantuchova hugely but kinda want to oppose Stosur aswell so see how it goes.

alja tomljanovic to beat k kucova at evens 3 points paddypowers! i am loving this price in the wimbledon qualifiers!! tomjlanovic is a young 15 year old with bags of talent and a real bright future!! she has already beaten kucova this year in straight sets on hard court!! she has one two itf challenger events this year.....taken sets off the likes of sprem and shvedova....she held match points against shvedova!! at the french open qualifiers this year, she took a set off experienced betthanie mattek (an unlucky draw for her) and only last week she hammered the promising xinyun han on grass in the qualifiers of notthingham before pushing alison riske all the way in a tight 3 setter and riske went on a super run after that victory!! kucova is a experienced campaigner but far inferior to zuzanna kucova and she is not in great form this year if one looks at her results and i expect the feisty and talented tomljanovic to win this one!! i also like oprandi at 8-11 with bet365!!
tomljanovic wins 1-6,6-4,6-1! great win after a nightmare start! oprandi won easy too!! plenty of interesting match-ups in the qualifiers tomorrow!! looking forward to the prices!!

I know this isnt tennis from this week but it's a quick note an outright for Wimbledon which I think looks like a good price. Victoria Azarenka @ 101 with SportingBet - and I feel that's a ridiculous price. I thought she'd go down massively if she won today against Radwanska but no, still 100s available. She hasnt had the best season but she's still in the top 15 in the world which means a decent seeding and she reached the last 8 at Wimbledon last year losing to Serena Williams. Beating Radwankska was impressive, first of all in the manner 7-6 6-1, second of all because she is the no.8 in the world, and thirdly because Radwanska is no mug on a grass court (won junior Wimbledon, won at Eastbourne and reached the quarter finals at Wimbledon for the last two years). Just feel she is incredibly overpriced seeing as others are offering her at 20s! yeah actually agree with you there hornet! thats a huge price for a player of azarenkas quality!! even though she was woeful against dulko in roland garros ,it was probably too soon for her to come back after injury but the fact she beat radwanska who's best surface is also grass is a very good sign and i can easily see her get to the quarters at least.....and maybe you could cover your bet from there on in!!!! GL:hope
go azarenka!