** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Aidan Coleman showed his class after not so impressive season

Tonight once again Aidan Coleman proved his class with a 20/1 win and great ride "From last to first" (as the commentator said on the finish line) on Norisan. The attack was calculated to perfection and he beats far better horse Haldibari. I made a quick check comparing his stats from season 2008/09 (when he impressed me by the way he rode) and 2009/10, where he do not show noting in big races (except maybe 3rd Mon Mome at Gold cup). 2008/09 55 wins from 448 rides 12.2/5 Total prize fund - 657 k pounds 2009/10 69 wins from 532 rides 12.9% (with far better horses IMO) Total prize fund - 547 k pounds The numbers are speaking of slight improvement, but now he is leading jockey of Venetia Williams and is far more searched to ride for some of the small yards as AJ Honeyballs (scored another a 20/1 winner for him). The lost of his claim numbers maybe one of the reason... but i think there is something other. Any ideas?

Re: Aidan Coleman showed his class after not so impressive season He's riding far more horses than he used to ride just because he is a professional now and not a claimer anymore. Nothing wrong with 70 winners a season for me. He'll probably be a champion jockey when AP retires. And Venetia has had a pretty shitty season for her standards as well. Don't know if there's anything wrong with these figures. You can't expect him to have 100+ winners. He's not riding for the top yards.

Re: Aidan Coleman showed his class after not so impressive season I just forgot to add total prize fund by the end of season 09/10, which is more then a 100k lesser. It speaks that most of his wins 09/10 are thanks to riding some of the hot favorites in lesser class races. I don't have time to make bigger research, but for sure i wasn't impressed by the way he rode from January/April.