** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May I have to say that despite being such a cataclysmic club, never far from absolute capitulation I quite fancy Atletico to do Fulham here. There is no denying they have the outstanding players on the pitch. I would name Aguero, Forlan, Simao, and probably Reyes before I even think of naming a Fulham player in terms of who can win the match on the night. Fulhams solidarity and approach has served them well over the two legged matches but I am very sceptical over who if anyone can win the match for them. I think Fulham will hand Atletico the initiative in the match and going forward Atleti can do damage. 2.18 is currently available of Betfair. I have not taken anything as yet, but if I am to get involved it would certainly be on Atleti.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May I was looking into both teams away records (some might say it has no relevance in a game like this, personally I disagree) and they are both totally horrific! So by default I guess we can discount this anyway..Fulham have 1 win in 14 away and Madrid..1 win in 14!..to be honest I dont think Fulham will be phased by playing Athletico (good individuals? yes, good team? Not so much) they could have had a harder team in the final for me..I know what ultra is getting at but to be honest EVERY team Fulham has played so far has had more matchwinners than themselves, and they have been ok so far, I dont know much about Madrid but Im guessing that they have been planning for the final for a few weeks, much like Fulham, given they are in mid-table and doing nothing really..Athletico are favourites obviously and their price is coming down now closer to ko, again as expected, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Fulham hold out Athletico and nick a goal at the other end, people can go on about Aguero and Forlan but are they that much better than what Fulham face every week in the premier league? Or have faced so far in the europa league? maybe Aguero (going on reputation) but Forlan I doubt it..I dont think many will be parting with a significant amount of cash on this game but I do fancy the 9.5 (Athletico) and 12 (Fulham) to win in extra time with Boylesports for a bit of value..be interested in others opinions anyhow, particuarly anyone who watches Athletico reguarly..

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May I actually think for once the odds are quite fair for this fixture. I'm surprised Atletico aren't about 1.80, and Fulham over 4 tbh. Atletico are much more backable at 2.30. Fulham will have to put in another herculean effort to win. I quite like Atletico Madrid on a corner handicap of -1. Fulham as we know tend to give away a hell of a lot of corners when playing away in Europe. While this is a neutral venue, I feel that Fulham should really be on a + 2 or 3.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May

I actually think for once the odds are quite fair for this fixture. I'm surprised Atletico aren't about 1.80, and Fulham over 4 tbh. Atletico are much more backable at 2.30. Fulham will have to put in another herculean effort to win. I quite like Atletico Madrid on a corner handicap of -1. Fulham as we know tend to give away a hell of a lot of corners when playing away in Europe. While this is a neutral venue, I feel that Fulham should really be on a + 2 or 3.
Totatly agree on the corners and its quiet a juciy price that will be only bet of the night. Athletico - 1 corner 5/4 Cheeky Athletico -2 corner @ 19/10 and - 3 corners @ 3/1 all with hills

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May Atletico have been playing far better in the second half of this season and with Simao, Forlan and Augero all in form I can see a tough night ahead for Fulham. I will be taking Madrid @ 11/10 with bet365. A.Madrid will attack from start to finnish and IMO are good value at 11/10 -1 on the asian for corners with bet365

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May Actually, none of the teams reached the final for granted. Both have strenghts and weaknesses. Atletico may look superior indeed after some analysis, but, taking into consideration this is a cup final during which anything can happen, the teams are equal to me. As a result the odds should have been balanced in my opinion. I will take Fulham +0.25AH at 2.075 with Bet365, medium stakes. Goodluck to everybody.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May Afternoon guys, One bet for me tonight in the Europa League final.. Athletico Madrid V Fulham - Athletico Madrid (-1) corner win @ 2.25(Will Hill) This is a tough final to predict the overall outcome of, I feel this may be just one bridge to far for the Londoners and with the European experience that this Athletico side have picked up over the last number of years I can see the Spanish side being victorious. Certainly, when we look at quality of players Athletico have more 'game winners' in their side than Fulham, Aguero, Forlan, Reyes, Simao could all win the game for their side in one moment of magic. Fulham have Zamora (who is not 100% fit), Gera, Dempsy and possibly Duff? I think the Spanish have better attacking qualites. However, due to the resiliant nature of this Fulham team and the route they have taken to get here, I am deciding to leave the 1x2 market alone. Instead I am looking at corners, I feel Athletico will have the majority of the ball in this game, with their slick passing style I think Fulham will have to sit in and attempt to hit the Spanairds on the break. This leads me to feel that Madrid will have more opportunity to build attacks and therefore will hopefully gain more corners. With wide men Simao and Reyes a threat with their pace, the Fulham defence may have to clear a few crosses out for a corner to the opposition, which they wont be too concerned about due to their good defensive ariel ability anyway. Athletico Madrid (-1) corner win @ 2.25 (Will Hill) seems a good price to me, or for the more conservative punter they off Athletico Madrid to win the corner match up outright @ 1.73 (Will Hill) which again is a good bet in my eyes. :hope:hope Goodluck everyone :ok:ok

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May Atletico Madrid v Fulham over 2.5 @ 2.25 bet365 Atletico Madrid v Fulham over 3.5 @ 4.40 bet365 Can see this being an open game for both sides and which should see some goals scored. Atletico boast the talents and class of Simao and Reyes down the flanks to supply Forlan and Aguerro to score the goals. Can see Atletico go on the attack from the outset as it is in the way they play that they are more comfortable playing this way. Believe that they will look to score an early goal and if this is the case, it makes them even more dangerous in scoring further goals, as they are a team that not only likes to attack but especially to do so on the counter attack. Atletico have scored twice in each of their last 3 away games, but have conceded twice in 2 of these games as well as once in the other game. So they are not all that reliable at the back, and with Zamora in great form around the box, while Duff is sure to get some quality balls in the middle for him, they will be a threat from the flanks too.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May Seems to me alot of people think more highly of Athletico than I do. This is a side that's gonna finish around ninth, the equivalent in the Premiership of Birmingham and Blackburn, and in a weaker league too. Not sure why anyone is mentioning Reyes and Simao either, two guys who haven't done anything for a while. I don't see any real reason why Fulham can't win this evening.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May I don’t know if Fulham can win this one because this Atlético big moment to win a cup after a terrible season and the likes of folan Reyes and simoa will be up for this match, Thanks for the tip scottish punter , I am also going be putting a pun on Atlético - 1 corners because of the attacking strengths of Atlético.

Athletico Madrid (-1) corner win @ 2.25 (>Will Hill)

Seems to me alot of people think more highly of Athletico than I do. This is a side that's gonna finish around ninth' date=' the equivalent in the Premiership of Birmingham and Blackburn, and in a weaker league too. Not sure why anyone is mentioning Reyes and Simao either, two guys who haven't done anything for a while. I don't see any real reason why Fulham can't win this evening.[/quote'] Fulham finished 12th in a league of the same standard (only a weaker league in your opinion), so what's your point here? Reyes & Simao are a class above any Fulham player in terms of individual ability. I think Atletico will win fairly comfortably tonight.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May :nanaFulham look to have a good chance tonite,Zoltan gera 1st goalscorer e/w 9/1 hills has scored a few in europe this season and is the bet. Lump on ps good to see other norwich fans on this forum wot a season.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May Being a Boro fan, my first view is that this could turn out like our final in 2006 but maybe a little less emphatic with regards to the scoreline. We came back from big deficits, beat some good teams in that season and the year before, but Seville were a huge step up in class with far better players overall and even though we can have out grumbles about missed chances and penalty shouts, Seville's ability on the ball was in a different league to ours. Will have a more detailed look later, but Atletico's odds look very tempting.

Being a Boro fan, my first view is that this could turn out like our final in 2006 but maybe a little less emphatic with regards to the scoreline.
I would suggest that Fulham are slightly tighter in defence, and are much more tactically aware than Boro were at the time? I remember Boro really sailing close to the wind a few times, and ending games with four up front.

I would suggest that Fulham are slightly tighter in defence' date=' and are much more tactically aware than Boro were at the time? I remember Boro really sailing close to the wind a few times, and ending games with four up front.[/quote'] I would agree in some ways with that but we tried that approach in the final and the scoreline ended 4-0 because they scored 3 in the last 11 minutes due to us having to push for a goal. We went to Rome and kept it close and did the same with Stuttgart. Yes, in the home ties vs Basel and Steau we had to score a few at home and did so when it looked unlikely just like Fulham had to do against Juventus. I expect Atletico to score tonight with their main attacking 4, and if it comes early i think they will exploit any gaps appearing if Fulham have to chase it.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May My bet for this game is At. Madrid Vs Fulham both teams to score @ 1.92 betfair It seems like Fulham can always find their way to the net! 6 group games they scored in all 6 round of 32 against Shaktar Donetsk they scored in both games rounf of 16 against Juvents they scored in both games quarter finals against wolfsburg they scored in both games semi finals against hamburg they didnt score in the first game in hamburger so they have scored in 13 of their last 14 games in the Europa League against teams like Roma, Wolfsburg, Hamburg, Juve and Shaktar. Now about Athletico Madrid... Ant team with Aguero, Forlan, Simao in the team is capable of scoring at any time. In the knock-out stage Athletico Madrid scored in 6 of the 8 games. Away they scored in all 4 games, and all went GG. crossing my fingers as this is my main bet for the week. also will put some on correct score 2-2 @ 18.00 bet365

Fulham finished 12th in a league of the same standard (only a weaker league in your opinion), so what's your point here? Reyes & Simao are a class above any Fulham player in terms of individual ability. I think Atletico will win fairly comfortably tonight.
My point is Athletico are a mid-table side in a league weaker than the Prem (yes, my opinion), playing a mid-table side from a stronger league, so I don't see why some people think Athletico will walk it. You rate Reyes and Simao, but I don't. Perhaps it's just my patriotism clouding my judgement, but if I were the Fulham boys I certainly wouldn't be losing sleep over what I think is an average team, Aguero and Forlan aside.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May Atletico v Fulham Well well well. To prove how jinxed I really am, little Fulham have made it to a european final solely on the back of me betting against them in every round. Its been an incredible journey, one which we embarked last July with the minnows Ankar Perm. Actually I lied I did back them to beat Perm, but they were about 1.1, and it was only £20 because I was bored, so it doesnt count. Since then, both form and class have shown their opponents to be the better side almost every time,and in good faith I have bet on their opposition pretty much every round. And, spurred on by the mystical force that only a team I have opposed seem able to muster, Fulham have won and beaten the odds every time. Every sodding time, they have either played above themselves or they have played badly, it doesnt matter because that intangible force, the one that I shall name the "Vilamoura factor" has rewarded Fulham with unfeasibly good luck every single time. Their opponents have all imploded on themselves with mesmeric regularity (any of the germans). Or the referees have given them decisions, or both (Juventus). Or they have had 250 corners and had the ball in fulhams box for whole games but not managerd to score (donetsk). Or theyve just been hugely unlucky. All this has cost me money. Lots of it, all frittered away into the grinning sweaty hands of the bookmakers and betfair nerds. Never to be seen again. Gone forever. Hard earned, stolen from me. But Im not bitter. Actually I am bitter. Im really ******* bitter. Everyones going on about how great it is that plucky fulham have made it to the uefa cup final. Isnt it smashing for such a lovely little club to get so far, the whole country is so proud of them. Actually its not great. Fulham are no bigger than Oxford, what the **** are they doing in the UEFA cup final while Oxford languish in the conference. Just because their benevolent owner throws money at them. Why is it distasteful that Chelsea buy success but not Fulham? Just because he doesnt throw as much at them? As a punter who tries to make money betting on football using logical thought, assessing the opposing teams quality, their respective form, and previous results in the competition, its a slap in the face. They have overturned teams they shouldnt have time and again, through a combination of a very tight home pitch and negative tactics (although its not called negative tactics when they do it, its called being "well organised"). How can you call them negative when they have had some high scoring games, you ask. But I didnt say they were any good at negative tactics, did I. And all the sycophanting about Woy bloody Hodgson...England manager my arse. I remember Blackburn. Some people remember Bristol City. So, theyve pissed me off. But the last laugh will be mine. Im betting on them to win tonight. Lets see how good they are without the unfair advantage of me jinxing the opposition. Fulham to win the Europa League @ 2.6 (betfair)

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May 6pts Atletico Madrid to beat Fulham at 11/10 with Bet365 (available at various others too) Missed the slightly bigger price that was available but still happy to take the 11/10. Fulham have done brilliantly so far and fully deserve their place in tonights final. They have come up against, and matched, some very good sides so far, leaving the likes of Roma Juventus, Hamburg, Wolfsburg and Shakhtar behind them and tonight will be just as tough for them. As Jase said, Fulham are fairly organised at the back but they are coming up against a very good attacking side here. Everyone knows about how Forlan has kicked on since leaving a disappointing spell at Man. United. He has once again broken the 20 goal barrier this season as has his strike partner Sergio Aguero whilst Reyes, Simao and Jurado provide good support. I dont think much can be read into either sides league position as both will have switched priorities at various times during the season. At the back Madrid aren't the tightest which will give Fulham confidence but im happy to take them still with the view that they have better attacking, big game players to produce on this big stage.

Atletico v Fulham Well well well. To prove how jinxed I really am, little Fulham have made it to a european final solely on the back of me betting against them in every round. Its been an incredible journey, one which we embarked last July with the minnows Ankar Perm. Actually I lied I did back them to beat Perm, but they were about 1.1, and it was only £20 because I was bored, so it doesnt count. Since then, both form and class have shown their opponents to be the better side almost every time,and in good faith I have bet on their opposition pretty much every round. And, spurred on by the mystical force that only a team I have opposed seem able to muster, Fulham have won and beaten the odds every time. Every sodding time, they have either played above themselves or they have played badly, it doesnt matter because that intangible force, the one that I shall name the "Vilamoura factor" has rewarded Fulham with unfeasibly good luck every single time. Their opponents have all imploded on themselves with mesmeric regularity (any of the germans). Or the referees have given them decisions, or both (Juventus). Or they have had 250 corners and had the ball in fulhams box for whole games but not managerd to score (donetsk). Or theyve just been hugely unlucky. All this has cost me money. Lots of it, all frittered away into the grinning sweaty hands of the bookmakers and betfair nerds. Never to be seen again. Gone forever. Hard earned, stolen from me. But Im not bitter. Actually I am bitter. Im really ******* bitter. Everyones going on about how great it is that plucky fulham have made it to the uefa cup final. Isnt it smashing for such a lovely little club to get so far, the whole country is so proud of them. Actually its not great. Fulham are no bigger than Oxford, what the **** are they doing in the UEFA cup final while Oxford languish in the conference. Just because their benevolent owner throws money at them. Why is it distasteful that Chelsea buy success but not Fulham? Just because he doesnt throw as much at them? As a punter who tries to make money betting on football using logical thought, assessing the opposing teams quality, their respective form, and previous results in the competition, its a slap in the face. They have overturned teams they shouldnt have time and again, through a combination of a very tight home pitch and negative tactics (although its not called negative tactics when they do it, its called being "well organised"). How can you call them negative when they have had some high scoring games, you ask. But I didnt say they were any good at negative tactics, did I. And all the sycophanting about Woy bloody Hodgson...England manager my arse. I remember Blackburn. Some people remember Bristol City. So, theyve pissed me off. But the last laugh will be mine. Im betting on them to win tonight. Lets see how good they are without the unfair advantage of me jinxing the opposition. Fulham to win the Europa League @ 2.6 (betfair)
Not that I agree with all that you have posted here, I did find it an extremely entertaining read :lol Well done mate :lol

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May I'm gobsmacked at the support for Atletico Madrid here. Okay they've got more fashionable players and they're Spanish of course. Is that it? If it was Barecelona or maybe Real Madrid I could understand the confidence, but Atletico ??? Fulham have nothing to fear here. And ALL the pressure is on the Spaniards. I think Fulham will do it, probably in extra-time or penalties.

Atletico v Fulham Well well well. To prove how jinxed I really am, little Fulham have made it to a european final solely on the back of me betting against them in every round. Its been an incredible journey, one which we embarked last July with the minnows Ankar Perm. Actually I lied I did back them to beat Perm, but they were about 1.1, and it was only £20 because I was bored, so it doesnt count. Since then, both form and class have shown their opponents to be the better side almost every time,and in good faith I have bet on their opposition pretty much every round. And, spurred on by the mystical force that only a team I have opposed seem able to muster, Fulham have won and beaten the odds every time. Every sodding time, they have either played above themselves or they have played badly, it doesnt matter because that intangible force, the one that I shall name the "Vilamoura factor" has rewarded Fulham with unfeasibly good luck every single time. Their opponents have all imploded on themselves with mesmeric regularity (any of the germans). Or the referees have given them decisions, or both (Juventus). Or they have had 250 corners and had the ball in fulhams box for whole games but not managerd to score (donetsk). Or theyve just been hugely unlucky. All this has cost me money. Lots of it, all frittered away into the grinning sweaty hands of the bookmakers and betfair nerds. Never to be seen again. Gone forever. Hard earned, stolen from me. But Im not bitter. Actually I am bitter. Im really ******* bitter. Everyones going on about how great it is that plucky fulham have made it to the uefa cup final. Isnt it smashing for such a lovely little club to get so far, the whole country is so proud of them. Actually its not great. Fulham are no bigger than Oxford, what the **** are they doing in the UEFA cup final while Oxford languish in the conference. Just because their benevolent owner throws money at them. Why is it distasteful that Chelsea buy success but not Fulham? Just because he doesnt throw as much at them? As a punter who tries to make money betting on football using logical thought, assessing the opposing teams quality, their respective form, and previous results in the competition, its a slap in the face. They have overturned teams they shouldnt have time and again, through a combination of a very tight home pitch and negative tactics (although its not called negative tactics when they do it, its called being "well organised"). How can you call them negative when they have had some high scoring games, you ask. But I didnt say they were any good at negative tactics, did I. And all the sycophanting about Woy bloody Hodgson...England manager my arse. I remember Blackburn. Some people remember Bristol City. So, theyve pissed me off. But the last laugh will be mine. Im betting on them to win tonight. Lets see how good they are without the unfair advantage of me jinxing the opposition. Fulham to win the Europa League @ 2.6 (betfair)
This post is an absolute CLASSIC!!!!!! The downfall of been a punter. Iv been there myself over Fulhams Europa league run but buckled the trend and went with Fulham against both Wolfsburg and Hamburg so have a few good memories of this run. Tonights game is one that falls into the same category as all of Fulhams other Europa League games as on paper they should lose, although they have a greater team spirit, player for player they are generally weaker than Athletico. Football is not played on paper however and I find it hard betting against a team which has overcome the underdogs tag on numerous occasions already. My bets for tonights match will be- Forlan First goal @ 5-1 (medium stakes) Both teams to score @ 5-6

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May The confidence put in the (purported) quality of the EPL is astounding. The strength of the EPL is really only 5 - maybe 6 deep. This is only because of the recent challenges of Spurs and to some degree Villa. The rest of the EPL is very average. Fulham are one of these sides. Just that they have made it this far is to be applauded but they are still average. They have had more than their slice of luck - which could be the strongest indicator they could win tonight. Atletico are a nightmare team. Probably one of the worst teams for consistency in the world but they have it in them to be a good team, maybe very good. They have the quality to rise to new levels on the night that Fulham could never hope to reach. This is really the determining factor in my mind. Fulham work well as a team, and it has served them well. I presume they will stick with the approach but I think they just lack the individual quality that Atletico have. It is a real clash of styles and will be interesting to watch. I stick with favoring the individual quality of Atletico's players.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May Atletico are rightly favourites, but I've not been overly impressed whenever I've watched them this season. No doubt they've improved since they were beaten 4-0 at Stamford Bridge in October, but they still looked no more than a competent outfit over 2 legs against Liverpool. They keep the ball well, look a little bit vulnerable at the back, and in Aguero and Forlan they have 2 decent strikers. They don't look like a team to strike fear into the hearts of a well-drilled Fulham side. As was mentioned above, Fulham have scored in almost every game they've played in Europe this year. They've also managed to keep things fairly tight, bar the first 45 mins in Turin when the wheels fell off, and I don't see why tonight should be any different. I think the odds flatter Atletico a little bit, and I particularly like the look of Fulham DNB at 2.8 on Betfair. 1 goal could well be enough to settle this either way, and with my money back if the game is level after 90mins, I'm happy to take a punt o Fulham doing the business at that price.

I may have gone off on one a little then. Apologies.
:lol

:lol Nice one, Vilamoura. I'll be supporting Fulham, but how do you think I feel about this small team getting to where they are because of a sugar daddy? I'm a Norwich supporter, we're better supported than half the Prem, yet we've just spent a season slumming it in League One!

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May Fulham to win the Europa Cup for me. Can't see any stats coming into play in this game however with it being new, I think Fulham will want it a lot more then Athletico who have been talking themselves up in the press. I have backed them all this season in Europe and im not changing now. 7/5 at Hills

Europa League final 12th may 2010 Atletico Madrid - Fulham 1 2.10 x 3.10 2 3.40 Atletico without injuries is looking to win his first trophy after 1996. To reach the final they beaten Liverpool and shown a good counter attack. MR. Hodgson won the LMA Manager of the Year in Britain. There are anyway many concern on the status of form of many key Players: Zamora, Duff over the others. The manager will try to recover them till the end. Atletico have the advantage of a full team and good counter attack, while if Fulham can't recover Zamora and Duff will be hard for them to bring the cup at home. I expect many goals in here, over 2,5 or draw

Yeah, I didn't enjoy reading this as much as others might......:$ Bit of a bitter rant at Fulham Football Club imo. Probably best for the banter section?