** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May

Re: Europa League final 12th may 2010

Atletico Madrid - Fulham 1 2.10 x 3.10 2 3.40 Atletico without injuries is looking to win his first trophy after 1996. To reach the final they beaten Liverpool and shown a good counter attack. MR. Hodgson won the LMA Manager of the Year in Britain. There are anyway many concern on the status of form of many key Players: Zamora, Duff over the others. The manager will try to recover them till the end. Atletico have the advantage of a full team and good counter attack, while if Fulham can't recover Zamora and Duff will be hard for them to bring the cup at home. I expect many goals in here, over 2,5 or draw
:welcome mate. Good post :ok Any chance when making a selection you can list the bookie you are using? That way people can follow you more easily.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May

Yeah, I didn't enjoy reading this as much as others might......:$ Bit of a bitter rant at Fulham Football Club imo. Probably best for the banter section?
More a rant at his luck in the competition to date, than a direct dig at Fulham. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion and added a bit of humour to a good betting thread.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May Probable line-ups: Atl. M :de Gea - Ujfalusi, Perea, Alvaro Dominguez, Antonio Lopez - Reyes, Paulo Assuncao, Raul Garcia, Simao - Forlan, Aguero Fulham :Schwarzer - Paintsil, A. Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky - S. Davies, Dan. Murphy, Etuhu, D. Duff - Gera, Zamora

Atletico v Fulham Well well well. To prove how jinxed I really am, little Fulham have made it to a european final solely on the back of me betting against them in every round. Its been an incredible journey, one which we embarked last July with the minnows Ankar Perm. Actually I lied I did back them to beat Perm, but they were about 1.1, and it was only £20 because I was bored, so it doesnt count. Since then, both form and class have shown their opponents to be the better side almost every time,and in good faith I have bet on their opposition pretty much every round. And, spurred on by the mystical force that only a team I have opposed seem able to muster, Fulham have won and beaten the odds every time. Every sodding time, they have either played above themselves or they have played badly, it doesnt matter because that intangible force, the one that I shall name the "Vilamoura factor" has rewarded Fulham with unfeasibly good luck every single time. Their opponents have all imploded on themselves with mesmeric regularity (any of the germans). Or the referees have given them decisions, or both (Juventus). Or they have had 250 corners and had the ball in fulhams box for whole games but not managerd to score (donetsk). Or theyve just been hugely unlucky. All this has cost me money. Lots of it, all frittered away into the grinning sweaty hands of the bookmakers and betfair nerds. Never to be seen again. Gone forever. Hard earned, stolen from me. But Im not bitter. Actually I am bitter. Im really ******* bitter. Everyones going on about how great it is that plucky fulham have made it to the uefa cup final. Isnt it smashing for such a lovely little club to get so far, the whole country is so proud of them. Actually its not great. Fulham are no bigger than Oxford, what the **** are they doing in the UEFA cup final while Oxford languish in the conference. Just because their benevolent owner throws money at them. Why is it distasteful that Chelsea buy success but not Fulham? Just because he doesnt throw as much at them? As a punter who tries to make money betting on football using logical thought, assessing the opposing teams quality, their respective form, and previous results in the competition, its a slap in the face. They have overturned teams they shouldnt have time and again, through a combination of a very tight home pitch and negative tactics (although its not called negative tactics when they do it, its called being "well organised"). How can you call them negative when they have had some high scoring games, you ask. But I didnt say they were any good at negative tactics, did I. And all the sycophanting about Woy bloody Hodgson...England manager my arse. I remember Blackburn. Some people remember Bristol City. So, theyve pissed me off. But the last laugh will be mine. Im betting on them to win tonight. Lets see how good they are without the unfair advantage of me jinxing the opposition. Fulham to win the Europa League @ 2.6 (betfair)
I have to say this is exactly what i have done this season, backed against Fulham all the way... been a strange ol' season IMO with regards to some results. :\ nearly forgot my selection, Despite my reservations im on Athletico Madrid here, using my same reasoning i have all year, they are playing a team that despite a poor season are still a cut above Fulham (imo) and although i dont expect it to be easy i do expect AM to come out winners in 90 mins.

My point is Athletico are a mid-table side in a league weaker than the Prem (yes' date=' my opinion), playing a mid-table side from a stronger league, so I don't see why some people think Athletico will walk it. You rate Reyes and Simao, but I don't. Perhaps it's just my patriotism clouding my judgement, but if I were the Fulham boys I certainly wouldn't be losing sleep over what I think is an average team, Aguero and Forlan aside.[/quote'] Atletico are really a top 6 side though, having a poor season, they just knocked Liverpool out so it's stupid comparing the leagues IMO! Were the better team at home to champions Chelsea earlier this season aswell, league form is totally different to European form, as both teams have showed.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May Very much looking forward to this match...and I feel that the key to this match is not on the pitch but actually Roy Hodgson. When my team Watford won the Playoffs a couple of years back, there was no way we were ever losing to Leeds because Boothroyd had the team completely prepared - and having seen Fulhams run to the final, Roy has got them prepared, believing, organised and playing to their full potential. Atletico are a bigger club, yes, but then I'm pretty sure Man Utd were a bigger club than Porto when Mourinho went running down the touchline on his way to the first taste of European glory...the manager makes a huge difference and I'd prefer to be on Roys side than Flores. Mark Schwarzer will be key in the Fulham goal, his form this season has been superb and I expect his experience to count in the favour of the Fulham backline. Danny Murphy, the Fulham captain has tasted European success before with Liverpool so will be able to lead by example as a calming influence. The form of Zamora has been a surprise to all but the fact that he is back playing - even if only for an hour - will be a massive boost for both the players and fans. Fulham @ 2.5 to win the cup looks a great price in what is a very tightly fought contest. The other bet I'm going to take is on a goalscorer, however, it wont be big Bobby but his strike partner - Zoltan Gera. He actually hasnt scored that many goals this season, however, when important goals have been needed in the Europa League, he has been there. In the last 10 games in Europe, Zoltan Gera has scored in 5 of them (including 2 against Juve) - 6 goals in 10 games when the pressure has been on. On offer @ 5 with Extrabet seems a bit big to me so hopefully Bobby will act as a foil for his smaller strike partner. GL:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May I just cannot see past Atletico in this match. Watching La Liga week in week out, their quality and the style of play is a joy to watch when on song. I don't care what anyone says but La Liga is a higher standard all the way down the league compared to the premiership and before anyone jumps down my throat, I am not saying the premiership is garbage. At Anfield, as much as they were under pressure Atletico always looked like they knew what they were doing and were more clever on the night - they are a class act. Fulham have done brilliantly but their stats over the past 11 games dont make for good reading and as much as Zamora and Duff might play, surely they cannot be fit enough to last the 90 or at least put in a half decent display for that length. A.Madrid for me all the way

Totatly agree on the corners and its quiet a juciy price that will be only bet of the night. Athletico - 1 corner 5/4 :) Cheeky Athletico -2 :clap corner @ 19/10 and - 3 :notworthycorners @ 3/1 all with hills
Corners won 8-1 :beer Its a Shame i had Small stakes on -3. What a game Fulham never no when there finish, surely they deserve to lift the trophy

This post is an absolute CLASSIC!!!!!! The downfall of been a punter. Iv been there myself over Fulhams Europa league run but buckled the trend and went with Fulham against both Wolfsburg and Hamburg so have a few good memories of this run. Tonights game is one that falls into the same category as all of Fulhams other Europa League games as on paper they should lose, although they have a greater team spirit, player for player they are generally weaker than Athletico. Football is not played on paper however and I find it hard betting against a team which has overcome the underdogs tag on numerous occasions already. My bets for tonights match will be- Forlan First goal @ 5-1 (medium stakes) Both teams to score @ 5-6
Job done at half time, made a good bit of dough on Forlan and also took 10-1 for Madrid to win in extra time and 12-1 on each of the teams to win on pens, just enjoying the match now. Great final!!!!

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 12th May Looks like the popular bet of corners won for most people - Well Done!:clap As I said in the last round, can't believe Atletico have got this far without winning matches, and tonight they drew again but have got the cup via extra time. Hard Luck Fulham!:(

Fulham finished 12th in a league of the same standard (only a weaker league in your opinion), so what's your point here? Reyes & Simao are a class above any Fulham player in terms of individual ability. I think Atletico will win fairly comfortably tonight.
Both taken off, making zero impact. Athletico were the better team in the first half, but the game should of gone to pens.

Afternoon guys, One bet for me tonight in the Europa League final.. Athletico Madrid V Fulham - Athletico Madrid (-1) corner win @ 2.25(Will Hill) This is a tough final to predict the overall outcome of, I feel this may be just one bridge to far for the Londoners and with the European experience that this Athletico side have picked up over the last number of years I can see the Spanish side being victorious. Certainly, when we look at quality of players Athletico have more 'game winners' in their side than Fulham, Aguero, Forlan, Reyes, Simao could all win the game for their side in one moment of magic. Fulham have Zamora (who is not 100% fit), Gera, Dempsy and possibly Duff? I think the Spanish have better attacking qualites. However, due to the resiliant nature of this Fulham team and the route they have taken to get here, I am deciding to leave the 1x2 market alone. Instead I am looking at corners, I feel Athletico will have the majority of the ball in this game, with their slick passing style I think Fulham will have to sit in and attempt to hit the Spanairds on the break. This leads me to feel that Madrid will have more opportunity to build attacks and therefore will hopefully gain more corners. With wide men Simao and Reyes a threat with their pace, the Fulham defence may have to clear a few crosses out for a corner to the opposition, which they wont be too concerned about due to their good defensive ariel ability anyway. Athletico Madrid (-1) corner win @ 2.25 (Will Hill) seems a good price to me, or for the more conservative punter they off Athletico Madrid to win the corner match up outright @ 1.73 (Will Hill) which again is a good bet in my eyes. :hope:hope Goodluck everyone :ok:ok
Won on both my main -1 line and my to win outright line as a saver.. :nana:nana :beer:beer