** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis 3-9 May

Re: Tennis 3-9 May

Querrey - Korolev: Querrey win - 7 pts - 1.74 Pinnacle H2H is 2-0 for Korolev (both on hard). Querrey lost in Rome to Benneteau in first round (6-7. 6-3. 6-7). In Houston hi won with Odesnik, Massu, Kavcic and lost to Chela. Korolev lost last three matches on clay with Sweeting, Berrer and Ferrer. He won with Russell here in Belgrade. Both player has strong serve and maybe it will be tight match, but i see Querrey as winner here.
Querrey - Korolev 6-3, 6-4 profit +5.18 pts :nana

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis 3-9 May cirstea-serena williams double with paddypower at 4-6 3 points! first of all cirstea is priced at 4-11 and if anything i consider her more of a cert than serena! she's gradually got herself back into form over the last month or so and has had two impressive victories over olaru and the feisty larcher de brito this week so far! rus has been linked with the promising bunch of young talent coming through this year e.g halep, de brito, hercog and sevastova but i actually think she is quite over=rated and is a level belwo those girls even! her backhand is suspect and she lacks any real power to take cirstea out of her comfort zone though she does appear to be a good match player with a lot of tight victories to her name this year! i wouldn't read in to her win against clay hating out of form flipkens yesterday and cirstea is a huge stepup and class and i expect her 2 be found out here! as for serena the match is in her hands.....she is in a different league to kirilenko and if it was a first round match i might stay away from it but the fact is that she has come through to tough tests in baczinsky and petkovic is a good sign and she is only likely to improve!! outside chance she has an off-day but i think its worth it!

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Might follow you on that one Smeg. Also doing.. Venus vs Jankovic OVER 21.5 games @ 8/11(P Power:5/10) Really tough h2h between these two....5-5 in all and Jankovic has clear advantage on clay.But watching Venus against Schynder and Peer, she is serving very well in crucial moments......Jankovic is not a great match-up for her on clay really as she gets alot of balls back but I still expect Venus to be very competitive in this one....seems to be playing well enough. GL!

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Belgrade - Novak Djokovic vs Fabio Fognini Under 18 games AH at 1.909 (Pinnacle) I think this is a terrible match-up for Fognini. He's playing Djokovic in what is practically his own tournament here in Belgrade and he'll have an expectant home crowd pushing him on. Fognini did beat him in 2006 in Italy on clay but Djokovic has come on leaps and bounds since then. The Italian has got a weak serve and I can see that being his main undoing here - Djokovic will pick on it at will. There is a serious quality gap between these two players and I reckon Djokovic will be able to wrap this up in under 18 games. Bet strength: 5/10 Munich - Kevin Anderson vs Nicolas Almagro Under 19.5 games AH at 2.05 (Pinnacle) Almagro is playing a very similar player to who he beat in the last round in Vliegen. Anderson has a fairly big serve but not a whole lot else. Almagro is the far more comfortable player on this surface - better groundstrokes, better movement, better composure. Almagro showed yesterday he can grind down big servers and with the court playing fairly slow, that'll work in his favour. I'd only need a 6-3 6-4 for this line to be covered and I can see Almagro being able to record that. Odds are pretty generous on the line so I'm willing to lower the stakes a little. Almagro's a class above his South African counterpart and he should be able to make that show here. Bet strength: 4/10 Good luck to all :hope

Nothing for me today. I was thinknig about Gil (odds 2.75), but I decided not to bet today. GL to all
Yeah it's not the best of cards mate. Gil is tempting although I feel it'll take someone better than him to break the Giraldo bandwagon. I thought about Josselin Ouanna too against John Isner but decided to play it safe.

Re: Tennis 3-9 May price for baghdatis are ridiculusly low but i cant bet, coz i dont know anything about chiundinelli, never watched him in action, blindly i cant bet, but bagh was bad in first round, he made 41 unforced errors against unknown player i will stay away

price for baghdatis are ridiculusly low but i cant bet, coz i dont know anything about chiundinelli, never watched him in action, blindly i cant bet, but bagh was bad in first round, he made 41 unforced errors against unknown player i will stay away
Chiudinelli only really broke onto the scene last year. He's not a great clay courter and probably plays his best tennis on a quick indoor hard court. Like you I don't rate Baghdatis on clay either but he's got more in his locker than Chiudinelli. I think you're right in staying away, there are a lot of trappy matches today.

Re: Tennis 3-9 May during french open i will follow your picks from the very first day to the last, starting capital 1000 euros, which is not any important ammount if gonne i will try this method,for fun and pleasure,:notworthy lets see what the profit would be :ok

during french open i will follow your picks from the very first day to the last, starting capital 1000 euros, which is not any important ammount if gonne i will try this method,for fun and pleasure,:notworthy lets see what the profit would be :ok
No pressure for me then :eek

Re: Tennis 3-9 May What happened with Baghdatis-Chiudinelli match? I know that is raining in Munich but now is clear and Kohli-Ventura will start soon. Why Bagy didnt play first when that match was shaduled first on central court? Someone retire maybe?

What happened with Baghdatis-Chiudinelli match? I know that is raining in Munich but now is clear and Kohli-Ventura will start soon. Why Bagy didnt play first wney that match was shaduled first on central court? Someone retire maybe?
Chiudinelli vs Baghdatis is on court now.

What happened with Baghdatis-Chiudinelli match? I know that is raining in Munich but now is clear and Kohli-Ventura will start soon. Why Bagy didnt play first when that match was shaduled first on central court? Someone retire maybe?
Baghdatis-Chiudinelli moved to court 4

Belgrade - Novak Djokovic vs Fabio Fognini Under 18 games AH at 1.909 (Pinnacle) I think this is a terrible match-up for Fognini. He's playing Djokovic in what is practically his own tournament here in Belgrade and he'll have an expectant home crowd pushing him on. Fognini did beat him in 2006 in Italy on clay but Djokovic has come on leaps and bounds since then. The Italian has got a weak serve and I can see that being his main undoing here - Djokovic will pick on it at will. There is a serious quality gap between these two players and I reckon Djokovic will be able to wrap this up in under 18 games. Bet strength: 5/10 Munich - Kevin Anderson vs Nicolas Almagro Under 19.5 games AH at 2.05 (Pinnacle) Almagro is playing a very similar player to who he beat in the last round in Vliegen. Anderson has a fairly big serve but not a whole lot else. Almagro is the far more comfortable player on this surface - better groundstrokes, better movement, better composure. Almagro showed yesterday he can grind down big servers and with the court playing fairly slow, that'll work in his favour. I'd only need a 6-3 6-4 for this line to be covered and I can see Almagro being able to record that. Odds are pretty generous on the line so I'm willing to lower the stakes a little. Almagro's a class above his South African counterpart and he should be able to make that show here. Bet strength: 4/10 Good luck to all :hope
Atko good picks, some advice. you are taking djokovic under 18 at 1.9 with your analysis, you believe novak will dominate. so why not take djokovic -6.5 games at 2.05. this is the same play but you get better odds. unless you believe fogini can beat novak really bad. only thing you are protecting yourself with is if novak wins 6-3, 6-3 and you will push your bet at under 18 and lose novak -6.5.

Atko good picks, some advice. you are taking djokovic under 18 at 1.9 with your analysis, you believe novak will dominate. so why not take djokovic -6.5 games at 2.05. this is the same play but you get better odds. unless you believe fogini can beat novak really bad. only thing you are protecting yourself with is if novak wins 6-3, 6-3 and you will push your bet at under 18 and lose novak -6.5.
:welcome to PL mate, good first post. I'm covering the 6-3 6-3, plain and simple. Of course, Djokovic could win it 7-5 6-1, but it's just a question of trying to work out whether the opponent can take it to the wire in one set. For example, I toyed between the unders in the Berdych vs Riba game but in the end went for Berdych -6, as I felt Riba could cause slight issues to the Czech. A lot of it is trail and error though. It was mainly to cover the 6-3 6-3 though, although I think Djokovic can win it more comfortably than that.

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Williams - Jankovic
Selection over 21.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 06/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning In the previous 10 matches between these two score went over 21.5 games 9 times.So this pick should be the obvious choice in this one.Both in rather good form and neither of them will give up easily imo.

Sport Tennis
Event Jelena Jankovic v Venus Williams
Selection Jelena Jankovic
Strength 10/10
Date 06/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning I like Jankovic in this game. H2H is 5-5 but 3-1 to Jankovic on clay and 2-0 in Rome. She has a really good record in this event and I expect good game tonight. I rate Jankovic quite a bit higher on clay than Venus. Saw some of Venus yesterday and game was not so good, but serving good. She'll need to serve really good again tonight but I see Jankovic coming through.

:welcome to PL mate, good first post. I'm covering the 6-3 6-3, plain and simple. Of course, Djokovic could win it 7-5 6-1, but it's just a question of trying to work out whether the opponent can take it to the wire in one set. For example, I toyed between the unders in the Berdych vs Riba game but in the end went for Berdych -6, as I felt Riba could cause slight issues to the Czech. A lot of it is trail and error though. It was mainly to cover the 6-3 6-3 though, although I think Djokovic can win it more comfortably than that.
i thought it was to cover the 6-3, 6-3. thanks for the rationale. been starting to play some tennis now. been doing well parlaying 3-4 big favourites for decent returns, but not sure how that will go in the long run. i am trying to figure out the over/unders compared to the spreads to see if there is value anywhere. djokovic up a break already and 3-0, should be an easy win for both. good luck in the future!

Nothing for me today. I was thinknig about Gil (odds 2.75), but I decided not to bet today. GL to all
Gil won !!! :cryCan someone tell me why did I decide not to bet? :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

Belgrade - Novak Djokovic vs Fabio Fognini Under 18 games AH at 1.909 (Pinnacle) I think this is a terrible match-up for Fognini. He's playing Djokovic in what is practically his own tournament here in Belgrade and he'll have an expectant home crowd pushing him on. Fognini did beat him in 2006 in Italy on clay but Djokovic has come on leaps and bounds since then. The Italian has got a weak serve and I can see that being his main undoing here - Djokovic will pick on it at will. There is a serious quality gap between these two players and I reckon Djokovic will be able to wrap this up in under 18 games. Bet strength: 5/10 Munich - Kevin Anderson vs Nicolas Almagro Under 19.5 games AH at 2.05 (Pinnacle) Almagro is playing a very similar player to who he beat in the last round in Vliegen. Anderson has a fairly big serve but not a whole lot else. Almagro is the far more comfortable player on this surface - better groundstrokes, better movement, better composure. Almagro showed yesterday he can grind down big servers and with the court playing fairly slow, that'll work in his favour. I'd only need a 6-3 6-4 for this line to be covered and I can see Almagro being able to record that. Odds are pretty generous on the line so I'm willing to lower the stakes a little. Almagro's a class above his South African counterpart and he should be able to make that show here. Bet strength: 4/10 Good luck to all :hope
Djokovic d. Fognini 6-4 6-4 - LOSS Almagro d. Anderson 6-2 5-7 7-6 - LOSS 0/2 - ouch! Djokovic was terrible, up a break in each set and fluffed it. A better player would've punished him. As for Almagro...he was 5-4 up in the second set and had three set points, but didn't take them. Sore one, but will be back for more!

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Djokovic vs Krajinovic UNDER 19.5 games @ 4/6 (P Power:5/10) Krajinovic still a kid and can't see him hurting a player like Novak here(if Novak is up for it and not trying to create a spectacle). Great win over Zeballos but the latter was making error after error. Don't think he has the weapons or mentality at this point to stretch Novak. GL!

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Wasn't the best day for a lot of people yesterday, so here's hoping quarter-final day in the men's events bring some success. Munich - Jan Hajek vs Mikhail Youzhny Under 20 games AH at 1.99 (Pinnacle) I like Youzhny to win here but the -5 handicap is a bit too prohibitive, especially at odds of 1.943. If he's to feasibly cover that handicap he'll have to do it in under 20 games, so I reckon that line is the value call here. This is a tournament Youzhny does well in. He got to the final last year and is finding his form now on the clay. Hajek's also having quite a good clay court swing but the guys he has beaten are not in the same quality postcode as Youzhny. The Russian obliterated his opponent 6-2 6-1 6-1 in Melbourne earlier this year and although that was on a hard court, it shows that Hajek's game is one that he matches up well against. Happy to back this line here. Bet strength: 7/10 Estoril - Albert Montanes vs Pablo Cuevas Under 22 games AH at 1.98 (Pinnacle) I feel the line is too big here. Both men are accustomed to each other's game, having met twice this year already (one win apiece, 2-2 in H2H total record), but Montanes is the better player. This is a tournament that he won last year and in his last match, against Gimeno-Traver, he wiped the floor with him. Cuevas has been patchy here so far. His serve, one of his weapons, hasn't been firing as it usually does, and he's not shown the form at all this year that saw him break on to the clay court scene at the tail end of last year. The Montanes -3 line was appealing but the price has decayed to 1.775 - too short for a handicap for me. History shows that 3/4 meeting between these players has gone under this line. I feel Montanes will probably have enough to win comfortably enough here. Line is worth a play. Bet strength: 5/10 Good luck to all :hope

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Cilic - Almagro: Cilic win - 6 pts - 2.00 5Dimes H2H is 1-0 for Cilic (on hard). Cilic won in Munich with Greul and Berrer. Almagro won with Anderson and Vliegen. Both played hard match in last round. Both player have strong serve. If Cilic will play he did at the end of the third set against Greul, he will win. Cilic won last 16 matches from 17 vs big servers. Almagro only 5 from 11. That's why I think Cilic will win today. Gil - Machado: Machado win - 6 pts - 2.12 Pinnacle H2H is 1-0 for Gil (on clay, but in 2009). Machado is no. 1 in Portugal and Gil no. 2. Machado and Gil have the same coach. Gil is favourite in this match, but still they know each other very well and odds for Machado win are very good. I think Machcado is likely winner in this match. :hope:hope