** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League

Rebel

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League

That's terrible' date=' the minute we give you a bit of praise you start turning up for work late. :spank :p :lol[/quote'] :cry:cry:cry I..I...I...am...sor..sor..sorry:cry:cry:cry:p nice work in your mixture by the way

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League guys, i dont wanna sound a pr1ck (but i know this is gonna make me sound like one) but whenever i do a hunt, anytime i post more than one selection at a time it gets called an acca and counted as one bet (whether i have 2 selections or 20) however, in skitttles one goal that finished at bet 51, bet 6 (man city vs wigan) and bet 7 (southampton vs forest) were both 3pm kick offs but got counted as 2 separate bets ??? i firmly believe however that as they were 2 selections they SHOULD be counted as 2 bets - but could we see some clarification please

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League Good Query Newest, as it seems to be a question that keeps popping up. The way I see is that each transaction counts as 1 bet.

Lets say there are 3 team I want to back at Evens(2.0) with a kick off at 3pm and I have a bankroll of 30, I have 2 options;

1, I can put the 3 team into an accumulator(treble) where the accum odds are now 7/1, and place the 30(or what ever) on it. My bet is all 3 teams will win but it is only 1 bet as if 1 goes down the bet goes down.

2, i can place a single 10 win bet on each of the 3 teams at Evens each. In this case each bet counts as 1 as there are 3 separate bets or transactions.

As the league does not take into account bet sizing it is up to the individual to determine the amount of each bet. Any other views, queries or comment fire away, we wont fall out. But as the nature with everything, not everyone shares the same views.

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League

Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League.

The purpose of this thread is to keep track of all those attempting to set the record for the most successful consecutive bets.

To be included in this league all you have to do is start and carry out a Glory Hunt that complies with the Glory Hunters Forum Rules and just post a link to your Hunt in this thread.

Rules of the League

This League will only keep track of the number of successful consective bets achieved; it does not keep track of stake, amount bank, yield, odds, market etc.

You must post your current bet no. with each new bet and record the outcome of your previous bet.

1 bank only per thread.

1 hunt per thread No after eventing

Any member in breach of the Glory Hunters Forum Rules or Punters Lounge House Rules will have their results removed.

All New Active Glory Hunts will be recorded once a link is posted in this thread

In-Active or Finished Glory Hunts will be remain recorded so long as the final finishing position remain in the top 20.

In the event of any dispute, Judges decision is final. Clarifications An accumulator can only be counted as 1 bet

A link to Glory Hunts can be found in post 2.

The league will be updated occasionally.
rebel, a few clarifications consecutive bets first off does imply one after the other the rules also state it will not take into account stake etc, but more importantly it says this in the rules: You must post your current bet no. with each new bet and record the outcome of your previous bet that itself would certainly imply you cannot post a bet at the same time as you must record the result of your last bet before moving to the next one if you look at my query the southampton game (bet 7 in skittles hunt) yielded a goal before the man city game (bet 6 in skittles hunt) i firmly believe you should just open this up to multiples - if the consecutive bets league is simply about who lasts the longest then surely the guy doing the accas is opening himself up to a more difficult method as most multiples go down quickly

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League You must post your current bet no. with each new bet and record the outcome of your previous bet that itself would certainly imply you cannot post a bet at the same time as you must record the result of your last bet before moving to the next one. ================================================== It doesn't say when you have to record the outcome, ie not straight after the result. It's there to encourage you to keep things up to date and have some kind of order on your thread.

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League so basically next time i decide to hit an acca all i need to do is post each bet in an individual post as BET 1, BET 2, BET 3 etc and they should be counted as singles because the rules state the consecutive bets league is not concerned with stake, odds etc ok, all cleared up, hope there was no offence skittle i simply needed clarity

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League Hi newest, back with you again. Sorry I misunderstood your query on Saturday. If I am right, this time, your query relations to if bets that run concurrently should be allowed, and as your correctly pointed out the rule do imply that a bet should be settled before another bet should be placed. There have been 2 main reasons why I have been allowing concurrent bets to count to date: Some punters like to have bets in markets that can have a quick outcome but may not be settled until its primary market is finished even thou the outcome cannot be changed. I am thing along the lines of laying 0-0 or +1 Goals market in the Bundesliga game on a Saturday and if there was an early goal moving on and placing a bet on say a Premier League game even thou the previous bet has yet to be settled. And hence the 2 bets run concurrently. I am sure there are other examples like this in other markets like laying a horse race, the horse fall but the market takes a long time to be settled due to a steward’s Inquiry and place a lay in the next race. Because I was willing to allow concurrent bets to take place in these or similar circumstances, I did not see a problem with placing 2 bets with the same kick off , as they would be concurrent, even if they would not be taken place under the same set of circumstances I had envisaged. If I was to crack down on this scenario (which I felt was a bit of a grey area) I would have to crack down on the examples listen above (which I feel are perfectly fair and should be allowed). The second reason I was allowing this to continue is that I wanted to keep things as simple as possible with as little rules as possible. And I did not want creature or give rise to situations where members would continuously request screen shots to prove bets were placed (or settled if concurrent bets were not allowed) and potentially lead to unnecessary hostility in the forum (may never have happened but why take a chance) If a few more people feel that concurrent bets should not be allow please make yourselves heard and if needs be ill stick up a poll and put it to the vote. In relation to the scenario you mentioned where Skittle had 2 bets with the same kick off, this is what I have been doing with other hunts where they have finished up with a concurrent bet (cant remember which hunt it was but I know there was at least 1). Bet 5 Game A Result win Bet 6 Game 1 Result loss Bet 7 Game 2 Result win Where bet 5 was settled and bets 6&7 have the same kick off The hunt will finish and be recorded as having reached 5 bets in a row. You will not be credited with an extra bet for the win in Game 2 as you have nominated Game 1 to occur before Game 2. I would say the same would apply if Game 1 had a kick off of say 8pm and Game 2 had a kick off of 3pm. Hope this answers you question better that my previous attempt. Back to the multiple or accumulator type bet, they are allowed but I do feel that they should be only counted as 1 bet as only 1 transaction takes place. I do accumulators myself for fun but from a league view I can see this problem occurring over and over if I allow them to be counted as more that 1 bet. This is take from your 1.21 goal scored multiples thread, hope you don’t mind. MULT 1: blackburn vs wba, everton vs norwich, newcastle vs swansea, blackpool vs watford, peterboro vs coventry Here you had 3 up and 2 down, as in general there is no order in which the selections are picked I have no idea if I should put you down as getting 0 or 1 or 2 or 3. And this is only an accumulator with 5 selections and 1 sport on 1 day. Some people would do 1, 2 or 3 cross sport accumulators over the weekend and that would make it more problematic and created arguments. Hope you can see the issues that could raise by counting accumulators as more that 1 bet. All comments and views are welcome guys, ill try and come up with a clear answer to your queries. If ye have any ideas on how to make the league better while keeping it simple speak up. Back Later with the League update