** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

1000 Guineas

Can't find a 1000 thread so: The two I like at the prices are Music Note and Rumoush: Special Duty has the best form but is not sure to stay. Was a prominent runner, but connections are reportedly going to hold her up in an attempt to preserve stamina. Some of sire Hennessey's stock have failed to train on (including Johannesburg). Acts well on a firm surface. Don't knock her for below par reappearance as unsuited by the soft ground. Stable were out of form too. Not that Ms Head-Maarek is in great form now, though the ones that have run were outsiders. She does have a good record in this race. Seta is sure to stay, from the family of Barathea (2nd to Zafonic in 2000 Guineas). Though most have been soft going types. Seta ran well enough as short priced fav in the May Hill on a firm surface, possibly best with give and connections have exprsessed concerns. Music Show did better than distances suggest on reappearance. Having to reign back to get a run, before passing the whole field. Reportedly looked in need of the run there (coat and fitness). Should stay a mile, from the female line of family of Fantastic Light (who's sire is Music Show's grand sire). Goes well on a firm surface. Rumoush showed an excellant turn of foot on reappearance. Stable going very well. From one of the best female lines in the stud book. Half sister to last year's winner and Mawatheeq. Firm going family of Nayef, Nashwan and Unfuwain. It's encouraging she's shown as good form so early, may be capable of significantly better. Music Note is 6/1 with Stan James, nrnb, bog. Rumoush is available at 15/2 in a place, but 7/1 nrnb, bog with Stan James is worth taking. It's around 11/4 combined price. :ok

Re: 1000 Guineas Just looked at the race and two of the three from my final shortlist are Rumoush and Music Show too - how boring :lol A cursory glance at the trends says we want a horse that won last time out and there has to be some sort of clue in the breeding to the filly performing over a mile at three. Ghanaati was by Giant's Causeway who was second in the race and an 8f winner at 3, Natagora by a sire with a 8.0f stamina index, Finsceal Beo by Mr Greeley (8.2f), Speciosa by Danehill Dancer (8.0f). That gets rid of those that may come into their own over further like Pollenator and Hibayeeb (not to be confused with the Dunlop horse or similar name) and with doubts over Puff getting the trip (Camacho was a sprinter) the final shortlist of three: Music Show 6/1 (by Noverre, 7.8f, 8f Sussex Stakes winner at three) Pipette 33/1 (by Pivotal 7.8f - a sprinter) but horse already dispelled doubts over stamina with LTO win and stamina on dams side. Rumoush 7/1 (by Rahy 9.5f, 8f winner at three) From a value perspective, Pipetta stands out with the yard bang in form but Balding has stated the filly wants rain so im hanging fire with the bet until we have some guarantee of that and the final decs are made.

Re: 1000 Guineas 3:20 Newmarket: Blue Maiden 1pt e/w 20/1 Betfred Blue Maiden ran well last time out here at HQ. She did not get a clear passage and was last two furlongs out, before running on well to finish half a length second to Music Show (although she did receive 3lb from the winner). Blue Maiden lines up at four times the price of Music Show. No expert on pedigree but it appears as though Blue Maiden would handle any easing of the going if the rain comes, and also looks as though she wants a step up to a mile. Jamie Spencer is a big name booking and with Blue Maiden coming in the top three or four of both the Racing Post Ratings & Topspeed, every chance she can run a decent race at the odds.

Re: 1000 Guineas 15:20 Newmarket After much consideration I will be placing my cash on Special Duty who comes over France for this race and I just feel she isn't being brought all this way for nothing. Only 1 run in the UK to date which was at this course, she ran out a very easy winner in a Group 1 race, beating Misheer by almost 3 lengths over 6 furlongs. Only 1 other win to date which was in France on GS going. Has yet to finish out the first 3 in all 5 runs to date. More improvement can be expected, especially now upped in trip since her pedigree suggests that she will appreciate this trip. Will be taking her each way since it is such a wide open contest. 1pt each way Special Duty @ 9/2 (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: 1000 Guineas

Can't find a 1000 thread so: The two I like at the prices are Music Note and Rumoush: Special Duty has the best form but is not sure to stay. Was a prominent runner, but connections are reportedly going to hold her up in an attempt to preserve stamina. Some of sire Hennessey's stock have failed to train on (including Johannesburg). Acts well on a firm surface. Don't knock her for below par reappearance as unsuited by the soft ground. Stable were out of form too. Not that Ms Head-Maarek is in great form now, though the ones that have run were outsiders. She does have a good record in this race. Seta is sure to stay, from the family of Barathea (2nd to Zafonic in 2000 Guineas). Though most have been soft going types. Seta ran well enough as short priced fav in the May Hill on a firm surface, possibly best with give and connections have exprsessed concerns. Music Show did better than distances suggest on reappearance. Having to reign back to get a run, before passing the whole field. Reportedly looked in need of the run there (coat and fitness). Should stay a mile, from the female line of family of Fantastic Light (who's sire is Music Show's grand sire). Goes well on a firm surface. Rumoush showed an excellant turn of foot on reappearance. Stable going very well. From one of the best female lines in the stud book. Half sister to last year's winner and Mawatheeq. Firm going family of Nayef, Nashwan and Unfuwain. It's encouraging she's shown as good form so early, may be capable of significantly better. Music Note is 6/1 with Stan James, nrnb, bog. Rumoush is available at 15/2 in a place, but 7/1 nrnb, bog with Stan James is worth taking. It's around 11/4 combined price. :ok
Oops! Should've taken more notice of the long term weather forecast. Have now saved on Pollenator. At least I have bog on both main selections. Of course, with a filly who has stamina, she will need a truly run race at 1m to be effective at 1m. ;) The going problems with both Rumoush and Music Show are (I hope) exaggerated.

post_old.gif Today, 09:58 #5 (permalink)
RB aka Rule Britannia ball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifavatar14272_16.gif Join Date: 26 Dec 2006 Location: Glasgow Age: 30 Posts: 6,953
Awards Showcase 69302291.gif Total Awards: 1
icon1.gif Re: Newmarket - Sun 2nd May
320 - Pollenator 1pt EW @ 7/1 >Bet365 BOG I know all the indications are that Pollenator will be much better over further and she is bred for further, but regardless of how she did it, she did beat Hibaayeb and Seta last september over 8f and on ground similar to what they will experience today. (officially classed G/F). The way she progressed last season, culminating in that G2 win, I don't see why it's not possible she can confirm form with Seta. With Seta at 9/2 and Pollenator at 7/1, Im happy to side with the latter to go close here. __________________ Rule Britannia!! Britannia rules the waves!
user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

Re: 1000 Guineas well done with the EW bet STU ,but lets be honest here this weekend has raised the burning question of why does anyone try to suss out these 3yo races , why even bother ???? [stevet1859 excepted :lol] Todays 'Classic' winner beaten a total of 21l in her last 2 outings inc an 8l beating last time against Music Show !!!! Form my arse :puke

well done with the EW bet STU ' date='but lets be honest here this weekend has raised the burning question of why does anyone try to suss out these 3yo races , why even bother ???? [stevet1859 excepted :lol'] Todays 'Classic' winner beaten a total of 21l in her last 2 outings inc an 8l beating last time against Music Show !!!! Form my arse :puke
I take it all back , piece of piss this game :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Re: 1000 Guineas Cheers guys. Yeah I really don't like these races to be honest but I thought I found a good solid each way bet and it seemed that way since she would have finished second anyway. Felt sorry for the DQ'd connections as well.

Re: 1000 Guineas Can't argue with the stewards decision, even though it cost me £1000. I wish they would apply the law as rigourously as this every time: If you prevent a horse from having a chance of winning, you should be placed behind that horse. Perhaps jockeys will be then be more careful and try to keep their horses running straight.

I was gutted for him' date=' everything he's been through and then the horse he named after his dead wife gets done in a stewards enquiry, poor bloke :cry[/quote'] I've seen him on TV before and always thought there would be a story behind why he was in a wheelchair, but never knew anything about him until today. Poor fella for the result, but thats racing I suppose. Hopefully his bookie paid out on first past the post!

Re: 1000 Guineas I know, it was painful to watch him being interviewed by bumbling Mike Catt. Talking about 4 and a half years in bed after being paralysed by a neo nazi. Then burying his wife in his garden and naming a horse after her. Then mentioning Lester Piggott along with Martin Luther King. And even worse to see the camera switch to him, to see his reaction, after he finds out that his horse has been disqualified. And after all Henry Cecil has gone through, he accepts things with such grace... But the stewards can't make exceptions. They have to make correct and consistent decisions and I think that they got it right today.

Re: 1000 Guineas Well done Stu ..... Felt very sorry for the owner of the disqualified winner. Normally don't pay too much attention to those after race interviews, but that was quite moving. Particularly when the camera panned back just as the decision was announced. Henry handled situation superbly, would have like him to have won. Fair dues to Madame Head too - entente cordial or whatever it is, still in place in racing !!! She was first to congratulate after race.