** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis 19-25 April

Re: Tennis 19-25 April Barcelona - Double Eduardo Schwank (vs Navarro) x Thomaz Bellucci (vs Garcia Lopez) at 2.20 (Boylesports) An early bet for tomorrow's action, mainly because I expect the odds to plummet on both of these. I'll start with Schwank. Bit of under-achiever in my eyes. He's got all the weapons to be a really good clay court player - good movement, spin, hard-hitting forehand and he's a fighter. Mentally, he maybe struggles against the top players, but his opponent, Ivan Navarro, isn't one of them. Navarro's a lucky loser and did well to take out Cuevas in the last round. The Uruguyuan hasn't been nearly as good as he was last year, so I'm taking that result with a pinch of salt. I'm more impressed with Schwank's form here. He took out Fognini in R1 and Hewitt in R2 - both more talented than Navarro. He's got a big serve and is a clay courter, but I feel Schwank is the more talented of the two. As for Bellucci...well, Garcia-Lopez beat him in Indian Wells on the hard a few weeks ago, but I feel conditions suit Bellucci more here. The Brazilian is more adept on the clay and has beaten two decent opponents in Nieminen and Hanescu here. He can be a bit wayward, but not nearly as bad as Garcia-Lopez. The Spaniard doesn't seem nearly as comfortable on the clay as on the hard, and was taken all the way by Gabashvili in R2. Yes, he beat Bellucci in three in IW, but I feel Bellucci is far more at home in these conditions and has the ability to turn the tables on Garcia-Lopez, whose form seems to be drying up a little. As the odds are quite high, I'd recommend a smaller stake, but I feel both Schwank and Bellucci can take out the Spaniards here. Bet strength: 2/10

Re: Tennis 19-25 April Garcia-Lopez - Bellucci: Bellucci win - 8 pts - 1.45 Titanbet For me the best match of the day in Barcelona. GGL had problems in two previous matches against Gabashvilli and Rochus. He won them in three sets. GGL has problem to safe breakpoints. He only saved 1 from 8 in last two Barcelona's matches. TB saved 10 from 15. TB has also better first serve. 61% with Hanescu and 67% with Nieminen. GGL 65% with Gabashvilli and only 59% with Rochus. Maybe Bellucci will win also with -3,5 AH games, but last three matches i lost in Barcelona (played AH games), so today i go this way. :hope

Re: Tennis 19-25 April Barcelona - Jurgen Melzer vs Fernando Verdasco Under 20 games AH at 2.09 (Pinnacle) My feeling on this game is that Verdasco is going to win this match fairly comfortably. The Spaniard seems on a mission this week in Barcelona after a stinging defeat in the Monte-Carlo final to Nadal. He was pretty efficient in defeating Richard Gasquet yesterday and is playing some good tennis on the red brick. These two have met five times in total, with Verdasco winning four of them. They've met once on clay, with Verdasco taking it 1-6 6-2 6-1, although that was back in 2005, in Austria. I've been impressed with Melzer's form this year but since moving onto the clay, I've seen cracks start to appear in his game. His serving hasn't been nearly as good as it was in Dubai, Miami and Indian Wells, and I suspect he's still struggling with timing. He took Verdasco all the way in Miami but he's a different animal on clay. Verdasco seems confident and with the field having a depleted look, he'll fancy his chances of winning here. He is the better clay courter, but the -5 games AH line is too big for me. I find more security in taking the unders line at a decent price. Bet strength: 6/10 As for the other matches, I backed Tsonga last week against Almagro but I'm not nearly as confident this week. The price is tempting - up to 2.30 in some places - but this match is in Spain, Almagro's playing well and it's not a Masters event in France. I'm not sure Tsonga will have enough energy around the court to make an impact. In the Monte-Carlo match, Almagro spurned a ridiculous number of break points (think it was 12). I just have an inkling he will take more chances today. I think the handicaps on Ferrero and Ferrer are too big at -5 and -5.5 games respectively. I had a thought about Bolelli at +5.5 games but I'm not sure I can fully trust the Italian yet.

Re: Tennis 19-25 April

Garcia-Lopez - Bellucci: Bellucci win - 8 pts - 1.45 Titanbet For me the best match of the day in Barcelona. GGL had problems in two previous matches against Gabashvilli and Rochus. He won them in three sets. GGL has problem to safe breakpoints. He only saved 1 from 8 in last two Barcelona's matches. TB saved 10 from 15. TB has also better first serve. 61% with Hanescu and 67% with Nieminen. GGL 65% with Gabashvilli and only 59% with Rochus. Maybe Bellucci will win also with -3,5 AH games, but last three matches i lost in Barcelona (played AH games), so today i go this way. :hope
+3.60 points small profit, but still better than nothing. Injured Bellucci also did -3.5 games. :lol

Bellucci d. Garcia Lopez 6-4 6-4/Schwank d. Navarro 6-3 7-6 - WIN :ok Verdasco d. Melzer 3-6 7-6 6-3 - LOSS :@ I was willing Melzer to break at 5-4 in the second, but he couldn't convert his 0-30 chance.
Unlucky on Melzer, the in play on Verdasco must have been quite good at that point! What about Gulbis tomorrow? The guys on Sky Sports were talking about it and seem to reckon he has a decent shot at Verdasco.

Re: Tennis 19-25 April Hi guys, One pick for FED Cup semifinal match tomorrow: OUDIN TO D PAVLYUCHENKOVA @ 1.7 on pinnaclesports Pavlyuchenkova has problems with her fitness recently and long trip from Moscow to Alabama will not do her any good. Oudin is just such a consistent reliable player particularly playing in US. At last year's US Open it was an easy win for Oudin by 6-1 6-2

Re: Tennis 19-25 April A few more bets catch my eye today as we start to separate the wheat from the chaff... Barcelona - Eduardo Schwank vs Robin Soderling Robin Soderling -4.5 games AH at 1.826 (Pinnacle) Schwank has had a good run here but I expect it to end at the hands of Soderling. The Swede is playing extremely well at present, taking out two decent opponents in Lopez and Chela. You wouldn't expect him to be particularly comfortable on the clay, but his big, flat serve and deep groundstrokes make him a difficult man to budge once he gets into the swing of things. They've met once before - Soderling winning 6-1 7-6 7-5 in this year's Davis Cup. Schwank has playing consistently this week but he's yet to come up against a live force on the clay. Soderling will want to build on making the final at Roland Garros last year and he'll see this tournament as ideal preparation for setting up his clay court campaign. I feel there's a difference in class here and Soderling has showed his ruthless streak throughout the tournament. I actually thought the handicap might be bigger, so I'm happy to back the Swede here. Bet strength: 7/10 Barcelona - Thomaz Bellucci vs David Ferrer David Ferrer -4.5 games AH at 1.877 (Pinnacle) Ferrer is another player who is starting to motor on the clay. Only Rafael Nadal was too hot for him in Monte-Carlo last week and it shows how well Ferrer can play on this surface that he managed to make the score look respectable (6-3 6-2). This week he's been ruthless - he played extremely well against an inspired Marcel Granollers, and yesterday he battered Simone Bolelli before the Italian retired (I don't buy the injury, he played doubles later in the day and has a history of retiring). He plays a guy in Bellucci who I have high hopes for, but this week he's shown a few weaknesses. His serve, for starters, has been poor throughout, and he's lucky neither Garcia-Lopez or Hanescu has the wherewithall to take advantage. That won't wash against Ferrer, who is one of the best returners in the game. He'll hurry Bellucci into errors. They met on clay earlier in the year and Ferrer won 6-4 6-1. With the Spaniard playing so well at present, I can't see a reason why that form can't continue. Bet strength: 7/10 Barcelona - Ernests Gulbis vs Fernando Verdasco Ernests Gulbis +3.5 games AH at 1.952 (Pinnacle) Gulbis is one of those players who flatters to deceive at times, but I imagine he'll be fired up for this one against Verdasco. The Latvian has come into a bit of form on the clay this week and is yet to drop a set. His game isn't suited ideally to the red brick, as he's a power player, but he gets lots of cheap points off his serve and performed well enough at Roland Garros. Normally I'd say Verdasco would be too good for Gulbis on clay but the Spaniard wobbled badly against Melzer yesterday and looks a little tired. His serve has been wayward - Melzer should've capitalised on many second serves yesterday - but the big factor could be fatigue. Verdasco made the final in Monte-Carlo and comes off the back of a tough match yesterday. I expect Gulbis to be the fresher of the two. Verdasco also has bigger fish to fry in the Masters events in Rome and Madrid, his home town. I'm not questioning his motivation, but I can see Gulbis making this close, and that'll work in the Latvian's favour. A tie-break here would not surprise me, and that could be a stepping stone to Gulbis covering the handicap. Bet strength: 5/10 Good luck :hope

Re: Tennis 19-25 April Schwank - Soderling: Soderling -4.5 games - 6 pts - 1.826 Pinnacle Soderling is big favorite here. Soderling will rely on his big serve. In match with Lopez he served 11 aces and with Chela 5. This is first Soderling tournament this year on clay, but it seem he is in very good form. Schwank hasn't big serve, he served only 7 aces in three matches. Soderling is also good in baseline and Schwank often lose with baseliners (Bellucci, Almagro, Hanescu, ...). Soderling needs points to Rolland Garros, so I think he'll do everything to win this match. :hope

Sport Tennis
Event Fernando Verdasco - Ernests Gulbis
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 23/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.45 (Back)
Reasoning ATP Barcelona - With the home crowd behind him, Fernando Verdasco (9th, 3145 points) should be able to end Ernests Gulbis (44th, 939 points) run on clay similar to the way Stanislas Wawrinka dismatled him at Monte Carlo. After a come-from behind win over Jurgen Melzer yesterday, Verdasco should be full of confidence that he can win in front of his home crowd. I hope Fernando Verdasco will win. Good luck!

Re: Tennis 19-25 April Sport Tennis Event De Bakker-Tsonga Selection De Bakker (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 23/04/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betdaq @ 3.40 (Lay) Reasoning I know that De Bakker eliminated yesterday on Juan Carlos Ferrero,but I think he was lucky.Tsonga played yesterday a difficult game with Almagro,but win in 3 sets.De Bakker are now on 67th place ATP,while Tsonga on 10th place.Tsonga is a strong player on clay and I do not think De Bakker will have again the same lucky as yesterday.I expect Tsonga to win in 2 sets.

A few more bets catch my eye today as we start to separate the wheat from the chaff... Barcelona - Eduardo Schwank vs Robin Soderling Robin Soderling -4.5 games AH at 1.826 (Pinnacle) Schwank has had a good run here but I expect it to end at the hands of Soderling. The Swede is playing extremely well at present, taking out two decent opponents in Lopez and Chela. You wouldn't expect him to be particularly comfortable on the clay, but his big, flat serve and deep groundstrokes make him a difficult man to budge once he gets into the swing of things. They've met once before - Soderling winning 6-1 7-6 7-5 in this year's Davis Cup. Schwank has playing consistently this week but he's yet to come up against a live force on the clay. Soderling will want to build on making the final at Roland Garros last year and he'll see this tournament as ideal preparation for setting up his clay court campaign. I feel there's a difference in class here and Soderling has showed his ruthless streak throughout the tournament. I actually thought the handicap might be bigger, so I'm happy to back the Swede here. Bet strength: 7/10 Barcelona - Thomaz Bellucci vs David Ferrer David Ferrer -4.5 games AH at 1.877 (Pinnacle) Ferrer is another player who is starting to motor on the clay. Only Rafael Nadal was too hot for him in Monte-Carlo last week and it shows how well Ferrer can play on this surface that he managed to make the score look respectable (6-3 6-2). This week he's been ruthless - he played extremely well against an inspired Marcel Granollers, and yesterday he battered Simone Bolelli before the Italian retired (I don't buy the injury, he played doubles later in the day and has a history of retiring). He plays a guy in Bellucci who I have high hopes for, but this week he's shown a few weaknesses. His serve, for starters, has been poor throughout, and he's lucky neither Garcia-Lopez or Hanescu has the wherewithall to take advantage. That won't wash against Ferrer, who is one of the best returners in the game. He'll hurry Bellucci into errors. They met on clay earlier in the year and Ferrer won 6-4 6-1. With the Spaniard playing so well at present, I can't see a reason why that form can't continue. Bet strength: 7/10 Barcelona - Ernests Gulbis vs Fernando Verdasco Ernests Gulbis +3.5 games AH at 1.952 (Pinnacle) Gulbis is one of those players who flatters to deceive at times, but I imagine he'll be fired up for this one against Verdasco. The Latvian has come into a bit of form on the clay this week and is yet to drop a set. His game isn't suited ideally to the red brick, as he's a power player, but he gets lots of cheap points off his serve and performed well enough at Roland Garros. Normally I'd say Verdasco would be too good for Gulbis on clay but the Spaniard wobbled badly against Melzer yesterday and looks a little tired. His serve has been wayward - Melzer should've capitalised on many second serves yesterday - but the big factor could be fatigue. Verdasco made the final in Monte-Carlo and comes off the back of a tough match yesterday. I expect Gulbis to be the fresher of the two. Verdasco also has bigger fish to fry in the Masters events in Rome and Madrid, his home town. I'm not questioning his motivation, but I can see Gulbis making this close, and that'll work in the Latvian's favour. A tie-break here would not surprise me, and that could be a stepping stone to Gulbis covering the handicap. Bet strength: 5/10 Good luck :hope
Soderling d. Schwank 6-2 6-3 - WIN :ok Ferrer d. Bellucci 6-4 6-0 - WIN :ok Verdasco d. Gulbis 6-2 7-6 - LOSS :eyes +6.92 profit after today's games, which I'll take all day long after a poor week.

Re: Tennis 19-25 April Pinnacle is still offering Ferrer at 1.7, which I believe is a great value...Ferrer in a much better form on clay, had an easy week, should be fresh. Watched both players against Nadal and Ferrer was a class above Verdasco, who struggled this week against Melzer and seems a bit tired. Fair odds are 1.55-1.60 I think. Good luck :hope:hope

Re: Tennis 19-25 April Don't think the price is good enough for Ferrer really. Banking on Verdasco running out of steam, serving average and making alot of unforced errors......Ferrer has the game to force this and judging by their displays this week it's possible but if Verdasco plays well he wins IMO. I'd make Ferrer fave to win in either two tight sets or 3, but would want 1.8-2.0 for him. No value now I think.

Re: Tennis 19-25 April I'll be taking a back seat today. Verdasco leads the H2H 5-3 including wins on clay and I don't get the love-in with Ferrer. He'll easily beat guys ranked beneath him but lacks the quality against the big boys. He's got a good record here but Verdasco's on form and will be tough to beat. Odds are poor on him. Soderling -4.5 games tempted me but de Bakker's having one of those weeks, and I can't be against a guy who has taken out Ferrero and Tsonga in successive matches. Good luck :hope

Schwank - Soderling: Soderling -4.5 games - 6 pts - 1.826 Pinnacle Soderling is big favorite here. Soderling will rely on his big serve. In match with Lopez he served 11 aces and with Chela 5. This is first Soderling tournament this year on clay, but it seem he is in very good form. Schwank hasn't big serve, he served only 7 aces in three matches. Soderling is also good in baseline and Schwank often lose with baseliners (Bellucci, Almagro, Hanescu, ...). Soderling needs points to Rolland Garros, so I think he'll do everything to win this match. :hope
+4.96 pts :nana:nana

Sport Tennis
Event Francesca Schiavone v Lucie Safarova
Selection Safarova
Strength 10/10
Date 24/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 4.55 (Back)
Reasoning Lucie Safarova didn't impressed too much since Paris where she was playing some great tennis, so obviously that she will be underrated by the bookies at the moment. Francesca Schiavone comes after a very impressive tournament in Barcelona where she has won the title without losing at least one set, so her form at the moment surely is overrated. Of course that the italian player did looked much better in the last period than Safarova but IMO these odds are just too exaggerated. First of all from the class point of view these two players are very closed to each other's level, I remember very well the game from Paris of this year between these two players where Safarova has won in straight sets and looked really great. No doubts that Schiavone comes after a perfect tournament in Barcelona but have to mentionate that she really didn't had at least one difficult opponent there. Safarova is just another level of tennis and she just can't be rated with these so high odds, Fed Cup is another tournament and another situation for both players and what had happened in the previous tournaments can't change the essential things. Schiavone will play at home and that is an advantage of course, but anyway these odds are just too high as Safarova is very closed to Schiavone's level and Fed Cup being another tournament the preparation should be another. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis 19-25 April One bet for me today as Rome kicks off... Rome - Andreas Seppi vs Fabio Fognini Andreas Seppi -3 games AH at 1.909 (Pinnacle) Stand-out price for me here in the first round of the Rome Masters. While I'm generally loathe to back any of the Italians, Seppi to me seems the most talented and in-form of the lot of them. He's comfortable on clay and has neat groundstrokes and touch. He's not an overpowering players and tends to struggle in matches where he comes up against hard-hitters who blow him off the court. Fognini is not one of those players. I feel Fognini plays his best tennis on a clay court but he's a bit out of form at present. He hasn't had a great year and lost to Michael Llodra on clay in Monte-Carlo, a match he'd have looked to have won. He has a very weak serve - although some would argue Seppi does too - and I can see his compatriot pouncing on that. They've met three times and Seppi has won every encounter, twice on clay, which suggests to me that he's a bad match-up for Fognini. I believe both men will fancy their chances here but I feel Seppi has more ability and is on better terms with himself at present. Bet strength: 6/10 I like the look of Jeremy Chardy against Janko Tipsarevic, but the price is far too short on the Frenchman, and it's not got hit enough to create a handicap. Robin Soderling against Fernando Verdasco, in today's final, is a tough one to call. Think Soderling will prevail, but no chance I'm putting any cash on it. Good luck :hope

Re: Tennis 19-25 April betthanie mattek-sands to beat alla kudraytseva at 8-11! betthanie mattek has worked hard on getting back into form this year! she has been quite consistent and has posted some decent wins against the likes of cornet,georges and shvedova! generally it has taken a top player to beat her recently (sharapova, peer) and she has most recently lost tight matches against bondarenko and pavluchenkova which shows she is being competitive at a high level! she lost 6-3,6-4 against dementieva yesterday which is also no disgrace! kudraytseva on the other hand is simply in poor form! she has recently been on the end of bad hidings to cibulkova and peer where she only won one game! she also lost last week to rookie christina mchale in charlestown!! she was comfortably beatenn yesterday 3 and 3 to oudin who was hardly firing on all cylinders and alla just seems low in confidence at the moment!! her timing was off and she was over-hitting any short balls oudin gave her every time!! in fairness,she is a player who seems to thrive on fast surfaces and pace in general which probably explains her good results in wimbledon over the years! and mattek should be a good match-up for her as betthanie likes to hit the ball flat and deep and isn't the greatest defender in the world! their head-to-head is one each and if both players were firing on all cylinders i don't think there would be much to choose from this one!! but alla went down very tamely to oudin yesterday and just seems way out of sorts at the moment finding no consistency! she's mentally very fragile as it is and i don't think she'd appreciate the pressure of playing fed cup for her country!! mattek on the other hand will relish it and loves the big occasion and even if it does get close i fancy mattek to play the big points better!! 2 point win!bet365

One bet for me today as Rome kicks off... Rome - Andreas Seppi vs Fabio Fognini Andreas Seppi -3 games AH at 1.909 (Pinnacle) Stand-out price for me here in the first round of the Rome Masters. While I'm generally loathe to back any of the Italians, Seppi to me seems the most talented and in-form of the lot of them. He's comfortable on clay and has neat groundstrokes and touch. He's not an overpowering players and tends to struggle in matches where he comes up against hard-hitters who blow him off the court. Fognini is not one of those players. I feel Fognini plays his best tennis on a clay court but he's a bit out of form at present. He hasn't had a great year and lost to Michael Llodra on clay in Monte-Carlo, a match he'd have looked to have won. He has a very weak serve - although some would argue Seppi does too - and I can see his compatriot pouncing on that. They've met three times and Seppi has won every encounter, twice on clay, which suggests to me that he's a bad match-up for Fognini. I believe both men will fancy their chances here but I feel Seppi has more ability and is on better terms with himself at present. Bet strength: 6/10 I like the look of Jeremy Chardy against Janko Tipsarevic, but the price is far too short on the Frenchman, and it's not got hit enough to create a handicap. Robin Soderling against Fernando Verdasco, in today's final, is a tough one to call. Think Soderling will prevail, but no chance I'm putting any cash on it. Good luck :hope
Seppi d. Fognini 6-0 6-3 - WIN :ok Easy stuff for Seppi. +5.454 profit so it's a nice way to finish off the week.

Re: Tennis 19-25 April Igor Andreev vs Juan Monaco 2-1 Andreev 5.00 @ bet365 Andreev have been playing ok and Monaco have'nt. Last meeting on clay Andreev won in Rome two years ago with 2-1. Monaco is in no great form but he is capable of winning a set but his bad form makes him lose this I think.