** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

What goes into a decision?

Nade

There's a lot of talk across the web and real life about individual hands and possible scenarios etc. but actually very little talk about what factors people consider before making a play. I'm thinking there has to be more than what i consider as i rarely run over a table or plan how i'm going to beat individual opponents. Personally these are my processes preflop: - Positions - Stack sizes - How active they've been - How active i've been - Their likely range - How my hand will play considering all of the above Postflop there's a lot more different things to think about to do with ranges and board texture etc. so harder to say specifically what my processes are but generally it is how likely is it i win the hand, is it worth it and what would it take. So, what do you guys and girls consider before making decisions? There has to be some nuggets of information gold out there :ok

Re: What goes into a decision? Pre-Flop vs Multi Opponents> Position>Odds Offered>Cards vs Single Player (and the type of action I give) Position>My Perception of Player>The Range of His Cards>Estimaton of ultimate cost of the hand>People stillto act> My Cards> The Cost of Risk vs Reward First To Act My effective Chipstack> Effective Chipstacks of players to act>my Cards

Re: What goes into a decision?

If we're talking tournaments - payout structure' date=' how close we are to it and how it impacts my opponents play (which is probably relative to their stack and my stack)[/quote'] Does this come with experience? How do you expect opponents to play their stack sizes? I don't believe that's all you think about :tongue2 :unsure Something i want to work on is for example if a tight player raises pre flop, i want to be able to have a plan in how to exploit them post flop- this should come from them folding too often in general so making that situation happen. Does anyone do this kind of stuff?

Re: What goes into a decision?

Thats interesting. What if you dont have a clue about any of your opponents online? Would you not be likely to be more instinctive then?
absolutely, online on the boss network I have notes on thousands of people who ive played with in the past. However if im in a tourney where theres no notes on any players and i dont know them from on here or elsewhere, i have to base my game on instinct when out of position and position play elsewhere. Big Hands play themselves most of the time.