Snooker: World Championships 2010

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Ebdon bet lost, dont see anything worth getting involved with for the rest of the 1st round. My first bet of round 2 is tomorrow...... 5pts Mark Allen - 4.5 frames to beat Mark Davis at 9/10 with Boylesports Im already on Allen this championship with my bet before the tournament for him to win his quarter at 5/2, fancying him to have a good run. He came out all guns blazing in the first session of his first round match, taking it 8-1 and including a century break and 4 other breaks over 50 points. He finished the match the day after to win 10-4 and has had 3 days rest since which obviously helps going into a best of 25 frames battle. Davis however only finished his game earlier today and is back out at 2pm tomorrow, with the possibility of having to play another 3 sessions over a couple of days, bringing the total to 5 over the course of just 4 days. That is hardly ideal preparation considering his first round game against Ryan Day was scrappy to say the least, being neck and neck all the way to the finish. Yes, Davis has improved his game over the last couple of seasons but he gave Day plenty of chances over the course of his previous game and he will need a quick, big improvement if he is to win this match. I keep saying that i believe its only a matter of time before Allen wins a big Championship and if he comes into this game with the same type of form he had in the last, i can see him taking this 13-8 or better.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010

Last one for me in this round I think. 3pts S.Davis (+2.5 frames) to beat M.King 11/10 Ladbrokes After the 1st session of this match Mark King leads 5-4. I think this is a big price on Davis to secure 4 more frames.
You certainly know how to find value mate. :ok

glad i picked up on this snooker now. never really followed it that much before' date=' but won in-play with both the Davis's winning. :nana[/quote'] Chippy, :welcome to PL. Can you post up your bets with a bit of reasoning before the event rather than after time once they've won please. Ta :ok. Ta mate. Was a bit of value there and I'm beginning to think that's where the profits lie in this event. That's not to say I won't be betting on matches before they tee off but I think now we're hitting 3 seshs now I'll watch and then bet. Was going to follow Marron with the Allen handicap but I'm not too happy with the prices now so I'll leave it and see if an opportunity comes up somewhere else. Good luck with it though mate :hope.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Will take one in the final 1st round match tonight..... S.Lee (+4.5 frames) to beat S.Maguire, 3pts @ Evs Ladbrokes This price is just plain wrong in my eyes. Currently it stands at 6-3 and Maguire would need to take tonight 4-2 or better to make this a loser. On what happened in the first session, that isn't happening unless the Scot ups his game significantly. Lee scored in every frame of the session where Maguire was 3-0 up but they shared the last 6. Maguire had just 2 50 breaks in the session, a 60 and an 84 whilst his opponent knocked in a ton. Lee has showed he can put the top 16 under pressure in these longer matches, knocking out Mark Allen in the UK so at Evs, I'll take the qualifer to prevail.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 And onto the 2nd round..... S.Davis to hit 1 century, 1pt @ 6/1 Ladbrokes J.Higgins to hit 2 centuries, 2pt @ 11/4 Ladbrokes I fancy the centuries market here. Steve Davis had a cracking result in the first round beating Mark King 10-9 and, although John Higgins will win, Steve will take a few frames and knows he will have to score heavily to secure the frames here. He hasn't hit a ton all season but he's a great bet at 11/2 looking at his 1st round performance. Had a 91 when on track to hit the tournaments highest break and another of 77. Is scoring well and every chance he can bring this home. Higgins, meanwhile, looks a great price to hit 2. A bit of a risk that he could bring 3 or more but may take time to get going as he hasn't played for almost a week. Despite an awful start against Barry Hawkins, he still hit 2 in the final session and is a heavy scorer in amongst the balls. Both small stakes in the hope we can get at least one home.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Agree with Russ on this one, but since i work for Ladbrokes i cant snap up the marginally better price. 4pts Stephen Lee +4.5 frames to beat Stephen Maguire at 10/11 with Paddy Power Both players will have been glad to get the first session out the way after the recent stories they have been involved in and hopefully they will now produce better quality snooker and end with a close scoreline. Yesterdays sessions wasn't the best, with both players getting a couple of chances each in most of the frames and therefore, alot of the frames finished with fairly close scorelines and only 3 50+ breaks were made. One of those bigger breaks was Lee's as he made a 127 which gave everyone a glimpse of his ability once he gets his rhythm going when in amongst the balls. For this bet to come in Lee will have to win at least 3 frames, but if he comes out in the right frame of mind that is well within his reach. As Russ says, a Stephen Lee on form is a match for any player.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 One from me... John Higgins V Steve Davis 3 points Over 1.5 Centuries @ 1.83 bet365 Higgins hit breaks of 121 & 112 while Davis hit breaks of 91 & 77 in the first round. This is out of 25 frames so we have a minimum of 12 frames to get 2 centuries which i think is easily achievable.

Agree with Russ on this one, but since i work for Ladbrokes i cant snap up the marginally better price. 4pts Stephen Lee +4.5 frames to beat Stephen Maguire at 10/11 with Paddy Power Both players will have been glad to get the first session out the way after the recent stories they have been involved in and hopefully they will now produce better quality snooker and end with a close scoreline. Yesterdays sessions wasn't the best, with both players getting a couple of chances each in most of the frames and therefore, alot of the frames finished with fairly close scorelines and only 3 50+ breaks were made. One of those bigger breaks was Lee's as he made a 127 which gave everyone a glimpse of his ability once he gets his rhythm going when in amongst the balls. For this bet to come in Lee will have to win at least 3 frames, but if he comes out in the right frame of mind that is well within his reach. As Russ says, a Stephen Lee on form is a match for any player.
Looked promising.....for the first frame of the sessions at least! Another one down, on a bad run at the moment.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Top work with the Nugget century, Russ. Lets hope he stops there :unsure. Had he cleared the table for the 129 that 9/1 about Davis for highest break we were talking about earlier would've looked huge :eek.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Surely the Nugget can't hit another:hope. Is playing some super stuff though and it may just be the 5 day break that Higgins has had, something you mentioned on the PL do, Kev. I'm focussing on that angle for tomorrow's bet... N.Robertson to win 1st session 7-1 vs M.Gould, 1pt @ 9/1 BlueSq N.Robertson to win 1st session 8-0 vs M.Gould, 0.5pts @ 33/1 BlueSq Clearly, this is a risk but one well worth taking. Martin Gould is a much better player than he's given credit for but I just have to oppose strongly here. Although he beat Marco Fu and played very, very well in the process, he's not picked up a cue in anger since Monday morning. Robertson, on the other hand, has been in competitive action on both Tuesday and Wednesday. Recent 'form' can play a big part in these matches, just look at the Davis-Higgins match where the Nugget surprisingly leads 6-2 but Higgins hasn't played since Saturday. Robertson is a streaky player and, if he gets his potting game going, is impossible to stop. In his win over Fergal O'Brien, he didn't play that well but he did finish strongly and showed his streakiness by winning 5 on the bounce in the 1st session and 4 on the bounce in the 2nd. Speculative? Yes but by no means impossible.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 In play bet coming now... J.Higgins (-1.5 frames) to beat S.Davis, 4pts @ 10/11 Bet365 At 6-2 down, this looks stupid on the face of it. However, I think the champ will make a big, big comeback in tomorrow's 2nd session. The 5 day break hasn't helped and Higgins certainly won't fail for lack of match action now. He'll come out firing on all cylinders tomorrow and Davis may struggle to contain him. No surprise at all to see the 2nd session end 8-8. Higgins played awful in his 1st session against Barry Hawkins but was much more polished after that. I'm banking on more of the same. If Higgins can win tomorrow's session 6-2, this price will look massive so I'm taking it now in the hope a different champ turns up in the afternoon.

Surely the Nugget can't hit another:hope. Is playing some super stuff though and it may just be the 5 day break that Higgins has had, something you mentioned on the PL do, Kev. I'm focussing on that angle for tomorrow's bet... N.Robertson to win 1st session 7-1 vs M.Gould, 1pt @ 9/1 BlueSq N.Robertson to win 1st session 8-0 vs M.Gould, 0.5pts @ 33/1 BlueSq Clearly, this is a risk but one well worth taking. Martin Gould is a much better player than he's given credit for but I just have to oppose strongly here. Although he beat Marco Fu and played very, very well in the process, he's not picked up a cue in anger since Monday morning. Robertson, on the other hand, has been in competitive action on both Tuesday and Wednesday. Recent 'form' can play a big part in these matches, just look at the Davis-Higgins match where the Nugget surprisingly leads 6-2 but Higgins hasn't played since Saturday. Robertson is a streaky player and, if he gets his potting game going, is impossible to stop. In his win over Fergal O'Brien, he didn't play that well but he did finish strongly and showed his streakiness by winning 5 on the bounce in the 1st session and 4 on the bounce in the 2nd. Speculative? Yes but by no means impossible.
Like this. But i'm going to dutch them and add 6-2 for a bit more security. 8-0 Robertson 33/1 - 0.233pts 7-1 Robertson 9/1 - 0.791 pts All with Bluesq 6-2 Robertson 3/1 - 1.977pts Total Staked = 3pts Total return if any 1 is correct = 7.907pts Profit if any 1 is correct = 4.907pts Good luck all

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Haha i was starting to doubt my own ability to add 6 and 3 for a minute! Not having the best of luck of late but hoping that is going to change in the near future. Got the Allen handicap bet for tomorrow still so will leave his game alone whilst Maguire's game with Dott doesn't seem to offer any opportunities. Just the one for me then..... 3pts Neil Robertson -4.5 frames to beat Martin Gould at 4/5 with Boylesports Robertson started well in the last game, winning 5 on the bounce to race into a 5-1 lead against Fergal O'Brien. He got a bit bogged down in some tight exchanges during the middle of the game but closed it out comfortably enough to come out a 10-5 winner. He scored a century and 5 other 50+ breaks altogether which is what most people expected of him to be honest when he was in amongst the balls. There isn't any doubts about his ability over these longer matches after he made the semi's of last years world championships. Now, Martin Gould is no pushover, as Marco Fu found out in the previous round. He beat Fu 10-8 and scored well with some sizeable breaks. However, he did give Fu a few chances which should maybe have been taken but whether those mistakes will be reduced now that he has a win under his belt remains to be seen. If Gould allows Robertson those same type of easy opportunities and chances to post frame winning breaks then the Aussie will get into a groove and when in that mood is hard to stop. Only small stakes for this, hoping for a change of forunes!

In play bet coming now... J.Higgins (-1.5 frames) to beat S.Davis, 4pts @ 10/11 Bet365 At 6-2 down, this looks stupid on the face of it. However, I think the champ will make a big, big comeback in tomorrow's 2nd session. The 5 day break hasn't helped and Higgins certainly won't fail for lack of match action now. He'll come out firing on all cylinders tomorrow and Davis may struggle to contain him. No surprise at all to see the 2nd session end 8-8. Higgins played awful in his 1st session against Barry Hawkins but was much more polished after that. I'm banking on more of the same. If Higgins can win tomorrow's session 6-2, this price will look massive so I'm taking it now in the hope a different champ turns up in the afternoon.
Excuse me but if you bet Higgins to win every frame after mid session(odd 1.55), you get combined odd 4.4. And if 2 of those bets loose then you still get 1.3 units more profit. So why take this then? Higgins has to start really firing then it is much easier for you to take him to win every frame. But ATM I cannot see this coming, Davis has been just too good. I wouldn't pull the trigger until Davis starts really missing. Davis is surely in form of his life this year, so betting against him with any handicap is a bit nonsense. To me every bet taken blindly before match has even started is a BLIND BET. Live betting you can see what is happening and what will probably happen in near future. Blind bets are almost always for me ones that I loose, that's why I refuse to take them almost at all.

S.Davis to hit 1 century' date= 1pt @ 6/1 Ladbrokes
That's a great call Russ. :ok Right, after a pretty hideous 1st round with just 1 out of 5 picks obliging, it's time to turn this around. Robertson v Gould - over 12.5 fifty breaks @ 1.92 on Betfair looks just the ticket. After a bit of a struggle against Fergal in the 1st round, I expect Robertson to cut loose a bit here. Despite the shackles imposed by O'Brien, Robbo still knocked in half a dozen breaks over 50 in the 10 frames he won and with Gould being a much more open player, the price for 50 breaks looks very fair indeed. Gould himself hit 8 fifties against Marco Fu in round 1 - including 2 centuries - so he should be more than capable of chipping in to bring this bet home.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 I'm right with you Rob :ok. 3pts N.Robertson vs M.Gould - Over 12.5 50+ breaks 5/6 Blue Square Martin Gould is a player I like the look of. I've won a few quid on him in this event over the last couple of years and hopefully he'll oblige with his share of the deal here. He isn't reknowned as a heavy scorer but there's nothing wrong with 8 50+ breaks in his win over Marco Fu in the 1st round, one of which was a century. Neil Robertson had an awkward match against Fergal O'Brien but who doesn't when they play Fergal? I think Robbo will be a lot better for the run so to speak and he can really get his scoring working. Even then, he still hit 6 50+'s against Fergal so it wasn't all doom and gloom. We'll get some safety play in this but the key is both can score when needed. I think Gould can go ok in this match so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see 22+ frames and I'd be very surprised if that isn't enough to provide 13 or more 50's.

Gould six up. :eek Robertson's not really been at the races but fantastic from Gould. :clap
Yep, very impressed with Gould there - hardly missed a ball in the first 4 frames. 6 half centuries so far is looking good for the overs, but my pick on Robertson for the 1st quarter is looking a little shaky. Winning the last 2 frames of the session could be huge for him, but he needs a good start tonight. :hope I'm very tempted to take Graeme Dott on the handicap this afternoon, but I'm getting a sinking feeling that opposing Maguire may land me in the poor house. Stephen Lee had the chances to be 6-3 up rather than 3-6 down against Maguire in round 1, but the Scot upped his game in the 2nd session and looked better than I've seen him for a while. With that in mind, I'm going to hold fire and see how the 1st session goes before I consider getting involved.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 One more for me. 3pts G.Dott to beat S.Maguire 23/10 Sportingbet I looked at the handicap on Dott but I'll take him to win this outright. I was impressed with him against Ebdon. As we all know Ebdon is a tricky character to play against at the best of times but Dott countered that with some excellent snooker with some decent scoring. Maguire looked better last night against Stephen Lee but Lee still let him in. Dott's prone to do that now and again but I still think he can hold himself together to win this one. Dott rattled in a ton and 4 50's as well as a few 40's against Ebdon so he scored well and as we know he's a good matchplayer. Maguire likes to get on with it and the more I see of him the more I like to go against him with someone who can frustrate him as I think he's easily upset and isn't the best chaser in the world. If Dott can play a 1st session today like he did against Ebdon and open up a lead I think he may well be able to see off his fellow Scot.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 One for me tonight..... N.Robertson vs M.Gould, over 22.5 frames, 5pts @ 8/11 Bet365 Currently stands 2-6 after the 1st sesson but it surely can't get any worse for Robbo. To be fair, Martin Gould is playing some cracking snooker and there are plenty of big breaks to be had which will suit Robertson. Gould is still only slight fav in this match suggesting the Aussie will mount a comeback and I expect that to start tonight. I'm still not certain which way this match will go so would rather play the total frame market. If Robertson can win tonights session 5-3, then it would leave us at 9-7 going into the final day and, with that scoreline, 13-10 or bigger would look a cert. Gould will not fold easily and this has all the makings of a last frame decider. For that reason, I'm on the overs here.

One from me... John Higgins V Steve Davis 3 points Over 1.5 Centuries @ 1.83 bet365 Higgins hit breaks of 121 & 112 while Davis hit breaks of 91 & 77 in the first round. This is out of 25 frames so we have a minimum of 12 frames to get 2 centuries which i think is easily achievable.
Won :nana