Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+30pts)

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+20pts) Bet 33 - IRISH 1000 GUINEAS - HISTORY NOTE @ 10/1 (Blue Sq) Although arguably the Oxx second string, I am confident that History Note can outrun her price and finish in the money. I must say, I was expecting something slightly larger than 10/1, but I do think it remains a very good price on a horse who is nowhere near finished improving. The course win here at the backend of last season, over 7 furlongs was impressive, when winning from a field of 13, including some well fancied sorts. That was all we saw of her last season, and her seasonal debut came 2 months agho, when she finished a respectable 3rd behind Empowering. She found trouble that day, but still caught the eye. Today, stepped up to a mile should see her over her optimum trip and I am pretty confident that she can run a massive race here. I do like the look of the Oxx first string aswell, but not at the odds. A great looking race in all - far better than the 2000 Guineas yesterday. 1pt E/W

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+20pts)

Also' date=' I am keen on both Goldikova and So You Think winning today. The double pays 2.40 and although short, is still a great bet.... Not a bet for the thread though...[/quote'] Easiest money I ever made. Those 2 are just pure class. SYT will win some serious prizes this year.

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+20pts) Bet 34 - BATED BREATH - Windsor - 19.40 @ 13/8 Very decent race for the track here. The listed contest is one of the highlights of the season at Windsor and this year has attrrated some decent types. A number of familiar names take their place in the line up, and horses like Horseradish have some recent and pretty good form in the book. He is stepped up in class here, but should still make his presence felt - I would not be surprised if he filled one of the places. Monsieur Chevalier was a cracking sprinter as a 2 year old, but has been off the track for sometime, and most probably is not 100% fit. The one I am concentrating on is the short price favourite, Bated Breath. His win in a conditions race at Haydock 2 weeks ago was pretty impressive, and despite not yet winning at Listed level, he should be capable of doing so. The price is not fantastic, at 13/8, but I do think he stands out in this field as being the most likely winner. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+20pts) Bets - 34 Wins - 7 Places - 3 Bank - +22pts Won nicely this evening, Group horse in the making that - and drifted out to 9/4 at a point. Went off a shade under 2s, which I was happy with.

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+20pts) Bet 35 - Chepstow – 16.50 – KEPLER’S LAW @ 7/2

A great little race this on paper, with 4 of the 6 runners being priced up at 4/1 or less. The one I like here is Kepler’s Law, who is making his handicap debut off what could be a very workable mark. Ran 4 times in quick succession last year, the well bred Kepler’s Law has been off track since, but is said to have flourished at home. The stable does well with its handicappers with similar profiles, and he could turn out to be of a far higher class than this race would suggest. There are a few dark horses along with my selection, most notably the Varian runner.. However, I do think that the vibes behind Kepler’s Law are positive, and the price of 7/2 is on the generous side.

2pts win

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+20pts)

Bet 35 - Chepstow – 16.50 – KEPLER’S LAW @ 7/2

A great little race this on paper, with 4 of the 6 runners being priced up at 4/1 or less. The one I like here is Kepler’s Law, who is making his handicap debut off what could be a very workable mark. Ran 4 times in quick succession last year, the well bred Kepler’s Law has been off track since, but is said to have flourished at home. The stable does well with its handicappers with similar profiles, and he could turn out to be of a far higher class than this race would suggest. There are a few dark horses along with my selection, most notably the Varian runner.. However, I do think that the vibes behind Kepler’s Law are positive, and the price of 7/2 is on the generous side.

2pts win

Cheers for that :cheers

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+20pts) Bets - 35 Wins - 8 Places - 3 Bank - +29pts Kepler's Law stayed on really strongly and is surely a better horse than this class of race suggests. Nice to get the 1-2 here aswell, although didn't back it. Not alot to interest me tomorrow though. Looking forward to catching up with Bowles again at Sandown on Thursday night - best evening card of the year there IMO...

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+29pts) Bet 36 - Notts 3.45 - KEPLER'S LAW @ 4/6 Not often that concurrent bets are for the same horse, but thats what has happened here! Kepler's Law was head and shoulders better than anything else in his last race, when despite finding a bit of trouble midway through - he powered home well, and was going away at the line. He has clearly been laid out for a season competing in handicaps - and he could go quite far in my opinion. Here, he is the odds on favourite - and despite that I think he is still a decent bet. There does not appear to be much in the way of a threat in the rest of the line up - with a fair few exposed horses going to post. One which does have a slight chance is Brezza Di mare - but that is stepped up by half a mile today, and I would want to know for a fact that he will stay this trip. Kepler's Law will be tough to beat - the extra 2f here should play into his hands, and although short, I am keen to back him. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+29pts) Kepler's Law wins again - and despite being run close, I think he was impressive. Kicked 3 furlongs out and fought off the rest of the challengers, think he will have another couple of wins in him...

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+30pts) Bet 37 - RIO DE LA PLATA - Diomed Stakes - 4/1 One selection here in the Diomed, but it comes in the form of a favourite horse of mine – RIO DE LA PLATA. He has taken his time to show his true colours, but last season he was simply brilliant. Winner of 5 of his 13 races, including some Group 1 races – he is a top quality horse, who does not know how to give up. The trainer does not come into this meeting in great form, but the corner has to be turned somewhere, and it could well be here, where he has 2 excellent chances. The race does not look that strong, and I will be amazed if Rio De La Plata does not feature heavily in the finish. Dettori takes the ride, and there is simply no better jockey in my opinion. He has the choice of 2 of the stables entries, so the fact that he has opted for Rio De La Plata is a tip in itself. A win bet is advised on the selection here, at odds of around 4/1. Clearly, in my opinion, the best horse in the race. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+30pts) Bets 38 and 39 - PERFECT BLOSSOM and LA FORTUNATA - 2 x 1pt E/W @ 16/1 each 2 selections are advised – both at big prices, and both at big odds. They are – PERFECT BLOSSOM and LA FORTUNATA. Firstly, the Kevin Ryan trained filly. She is a really consistent type, who won 5 tricky handicaps on the bounce last season. She has course and distance form in the book, which is a big plus on this course, as it is a difficult course to sprint down (steeply downhill). Despite her being off track since last August I am not concerned that she will not be fit, as she knows how to win first time out – as she did last year. There are large double figure prices available for her as I write – 16/1. This is value, and an each way bet is advised. Secondly, LA FORTUNATA, who has been heavily campaigned, despite being just 4 years old. With 18 runs already under her belt, she has progressed through the ranks quickly, and now takes her turn here in a very famous old handicap. She has ran well on a number of occasions, finishing 2nd here twice – and has also got some very decent form in the book. In 2009 she ran to within 3 lengths of the top class sprinter Lady of the Desert – that is outstanding form, and should not be ignored. Despite her not being as prolific a winner, she stands a great chance, and has to be backed eacy way to make the frame. 2 x 1pt E/W

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+30pts) Bet 40 - BOURNE - Surefooted Stakes - @ 3/1 I believe there is a real eye catcher in the form of BOURNE in this race. I have been waiting for him to reappear after his latest win at Haydock 4 weeks ago. He won so well that day that it was hard not to be impressed with him, and I am certain that there is a lot more to come from him yet... He has won 3 of his 8 career races, and I think that he is the progressive type to be a bit of a prolific winner this year. The trainer has singled him out as being onbe to follow this year, and with Fallon taking the ride we have an excellent jockey to guide him home. A win bet at 3/1 seems to represent an excellent chance. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+30pts) Bet 41 - PIAZZA SAN PIETRO - Epsom 5.25 - 1pt E/W @ 10/1 one horse that I always have a close look at is PIAZZA SAN PIETRO. This horse has won well for me in the past, and was successful in his last race at Brighton, where he was very game infront and could not be headed. I think that this track will suit him ideally, being fairly similar to Brighton, and that he will run a big race. The winner of 9 races in his career, but 6 of which came in 2010 – he should have yet more to come this year. He has clearly taken a little while to get used to what it takes to win races, but the penny has certainly dropped for him now, and he now always features heavily in each of his races. Conditions should suit him ideally, with, as mentioned, the track being suitable for him, aswell as the forecasted quick going. I will be shocked if he does not provide us with a strong run. An each way bet is the way to go here 1pt E/W