Cricket: County Championship 2010

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 2 for me this week. 4pts Somerset to beat Yorkshire 5/6 Ladbrokes Yorkshire opened their season with a win at Warwickshire last week. They were a touch fortunate in that their run chase was based around a 6th wicket partnership of 150 runs but it was a win nonetheless. Somerset play their 1st match of the new season here and will be looking to get off to a bright start. Yorkshire are likely to name an unchanged side for this match which will mean Adam Lyth and Joe Sayers will open the batting again. Anthony McGrath and Jacques Rudolph are solid performers. I still have a bit of a concern over Yorkshire's bowling. Bresnan and Shahzad are good quality but the depth is a bit thin. Adil Rashid will be aiming to catch the England selectors eyes ahead of the international summer. Somerset begin a new era in this match with Marcus Trescothick leading the side as permanent captain for the 1st time in the championship. His opening partner will be Arul Suppiah. Nick Compton makes his championship debut for his new county in a pretty solid batting lineup. The bowling, as ever with Somerset, is a bit light but they do have Charl Willoughby around. Alfonso Thomas and Damien Wright will be key. Wright is the overseas player while Murali Kartik is playing in the IPL. This should be a pretty tight match but I just think Somerset should be slight favourites. Yorkshire didn't play great last week and were lucky they came up against a young Warwickshire side who were reliant on two players. Somerset aren't and I think they will open their season with a win. 3pts Glamorgan to beat Middlesex 13/8 Betfred Both these sides suffered fairly heavy opening week defeats last week but Glamorgan can be excused a bit as they were playing the favourites Sussex. Middlesex suffered a heavy and slightly embarassing loss to Worcestershire and never scored 200 in either innings which would be a big worry for Angus Fraser. Middlesex have England captain Andrew Strauss in their side here but he contributed just 16 runs in 2 innings against Worcestershire. As with most of the Middlesex batsmen, Scott Newman will be looking to kick start his season. Owais Shah and Eoin Morgan are playing in the IPL and that leaves a youthful middle order for Middlesex. It must be said they have one of the better bowling attacks around but they still have to score runs. Glamorgan will be boosted by the season debut of the hard hitting Aussie, Mark Cosgrove. He'll give a real substance to the batting lineup which has some quality in Powell, Dalrymple and Allenby. Robert Croft will be key with the ball but it's seam that usually does the damage at HQ so James Harris, who picked up 8 wickets last week will be key. David Harrison returns which will also be a boost for the Dragons. I think Glamorgan are daft odds here. I know it's priced on reputation but Middlesex's performance last week was far worse than Glamorgan's. The Welsh side have a couple of key players back for this game and at heavy odds against I'm going to take them to pick up their 1st win of the season.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010

Glamorgan are an awful team
We have Cosgrove in tomorrow. Our batting lineup will be fine this year, the pitch the other day seemed pretty terrible (loads of lbw's). We clearly lack a a strike bowler, Harris is coming along nicely but Ashling, Waters and Harrison probably arent quite up to it. I think we have a better batting lineup that middlesex (even with straussy in)

Please dont patronise me. What difference if someone has 4 posts or 100' date='000? I simply asked a question. To me you bet 1 unit, not this scatter gun approach, what kind of money management is that? Each to their own but that kind of betting = poor house. Am I allowed to make that comment?. I meant no offence to Kevshat it was simply my opinion.[/quote'] Meant to reply to this earlier. There's many ways to skin a cat mate. I've been down the level staking route and found myself having the same stake on something even though I've nothing like the same confidence behind it as something else. That to me seemed pointless because I wasn't making as much as I should. I've been using the "scattergun" approach since the beginning of last year and my profits are now what they should be. I'm not sure where you come from that it will end up in the poor house. Without blowing my own trumpet, I'm just over 200pts up for 2010 so far but if I level staked, given I'm only hitting at just over 60% overall, I wouldn't have anywhere near that much profit. Thankfully my strong bets (5pts or 5/10 and above) are hitting nearly 75% of the time at the minute which equates to a decent profit. I've nothing wrong with people level staking but as I say, there's more than one way to skin a cat :ok

Sport Cricket
Event Durham - Essex (DNB)
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 18/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.44 (Back)
Reasoning County Championship Division One - Being one of the favourites to win the title helps at the beginning of a new season with all the hype surrounding the front runners. For me, Durham is one of the teams that have the credentials to push for the title. They host Essex, who aren't as strong as Durham in my opinion, and will struggle to win this one outright. I hope Durham will win. Good luck!

Sport Cricket
Event Yorkshire - Somerset (DNB)
Selection 2
Strength 5/10
Date 18/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning County Championship Division One - The depth of Yorkshire is a little thin for me and their bowling attack isn't strong enough to punish teams who lose early wickets. Somerset on the other hand are a well balanced side, boosted by Marcus Trescothik as captain. I hope Somerset will win. Good luck!

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Spot on mate. Today is the last day. Glamorgan need 1 more wicket to win that game against Middlesex who need a futher 81 to win while Somerset's tail is wagging at Headingley. Somerset are 167 ahead with 2 wickets left so hopefully they can hang around for a bit after lunch and bring home a draw :hope.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 It took less than 10 minutes after lunch for Glamorgan to wrap up victory. So profit is secured for the week, it's now down to Somerset to determine how much. They've just lost their 9th wicket with a lead of 186 so it looks like there will be a result there at some point this evening. :hope.

Spot on mate. Today is the last day. Glamorgan need 1 more wicket to win that game against Middlesex who need a futher 81 to win while Somerset's tail is wagging at Headingley. Somerset are 167 ahead with 2 wickets left so hopefully they can hang around for a bit after lunch and bring home a draw :hope.
Kev just a quick question re above. Do u go DNB on county cricket games?

Ok onto the 1st round of matches. I should say at this point that all bets of mine on matches in this thread will be with UK bookies which are all DNB, unless the game is on TV :ok.
Kev just a quick question re above. Do u go DNB on county cricket games?
:ok

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 CC1

Wednesday 21 April 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Kent v Yorkshire (11:00 BST) 2.3 2.6 2.3 125.42 %
maximize.gif Nottinghamshire v Somerset (11:00 BST) 1.65 2.4 2.8 137.99 %
maximize.gif Durham v Hampshire (11:00 BST) 1.65 2.4 3.25 133.04 %
maximize.gif Essex v Lancashire (11:00 BST) 2.4 2.4 2.3 126.81 %
CC2
Wednesday 21 April 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Derbyshire v Glamorgan (11:00 BST) 2.3 2.5 2.2 128.93 %
maximize.gif Gloucestershire v Sussex (11:00 BST) 3.2 2.8 1.45 135.93 %
maximize.gif Surrey v Worcestershire (11:00 BST) 2 2.2 2.4 137.12 %
maximize.gif Northamptonshire v Middlesex (11:00 BST) 2.1 2.5 2.3 131.10 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 I'm at the PL meet from this evening and so I'm not going to be massively involved in these matches. Just the one I feel is overpriced for me on what will be mainly a watching brief. 3pts Surrey to beat Worcestershire Evs William Hill It's very rare that I'm a Surrey backer but I feel there's mileage in taking them at Evens. Both sides have started the season in opposite ways. Surrey have suffered 2 heavyish defeats while Worcestershire surprised a few when they turned Middlesex over in the opening week of the season. They'll be looking to push the leaders by winning this one while Surrey will be looking to finally kick start their season. Surrey will continue to be without Michael Brown who has been ruled out for a further 6 weeks so Arul Harinath and Matthew Spriegel will continue to open the batting. Andre Nel and Iftikhar Rao are an international class opening attack but back up is a bit inexperienced unless Chris Tremlett falls off the treatment table to play a game. Worcestershire's options are a lot less. Phil Jaques and Vikram Solanki will look to fill their boots on this Oval wicket but quality batting options are few and far between and the bowling is thin although Alan Richardson looks a quality signing. He'll lead a very young attack which could struggle on this ultra batsman friendly wicket. Normally I don't look at backing Surrey but we've got a rare occasion where they are bigger than I think they should be as opposed to all too it being the other way around. Ramprakash, Afzaal and Davies offer solid batting options and with their opening attack providing quality with the ball I'll take the Lions to win their 1st game of the season here.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Surrey can **** off. Worcestershire having a 3rd wicket partnership of 220 with Solanki already on a 100 and Moeen on 99 What happens if it's a draw? I didn't see any odds on it being a draw on the Betfred website so don't know if you can bet the draw

Surrey can **** off. Worcestershire having a 3rd wicket partnership of 220 with Solanki already on a 100 and Moeen on 99 What happens if it's a draw? I didn't see any odds on it being a draw on the Betfred website so don't know if you can bet the draw
Still 2 days to go... Solanki is out... and Surrey still lead by 230.... long way to go! My money is in the same bet mate, but i had to laugh, Worcs. were 0-2!! I had to double take! Thought i'd switched to some Aussie scoreboard where its wickets - runs!! I bet with WillHill, I think some do DNB by default... I would presume, if no odds for draw were available that would be case? Kev would know.

I didn't see any odds on it being a draw on the Betfred website so don't know if you can bet the draw
I bet with WillHill' date=' I think some do DNB by default... I would presume, if no odds for draw were available that would be case? Kev would know.[/quote'] :ok

As for the game itself' date=' you're going to get big partnerships. Especially at The Oval. Surrey's 5th wicket partnership was almost 200 wasn't it? 192 overs left yet. Plenty of time to force a result.[/quote'] Or Whitgift even.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 I just emailed Betfred and this is the reply I recieved he Betfred official rules state;

In one day matches where no price is quoted for the draw, then dead heat rules apply unless the official competition rules determine an outright winner. In accordance with this ruling, half the stake money is lost, and the full odds paid on the other half of the stake money.
Well for starters it's not an one day match it's a 4 day match so i'm a little confused