** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League 18th of March

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Europa League 18th of March

Made up my mind im taking :wall Woflsbug win put wit doubles with Liverpool :D Liverpool -1 :D Werder Bremen :eyes good comeback but not enough Both teams to score doubles Marsille/Benfica :D Standard/Pana :wall Pana only teams not to score yet today @9/4 Babel score Anytime :eyes never really had a shot on target Fulham/Juve over 2.5 goals :D what a result for Fulham also cover bet liverpool 1-0 win :\ didnt take after all will see wat happens Also added Liverpool ht/ft:D
See what happens. Come on you Reds Overall ok i guess

Re: Europa League 18th of March If anyone wanted confirmation of the strength of Serie A, there it is, this evening. Inter are a seperate entity from the rest of the league, before anyone mentions them, which is why they're set to canter to the title for about the twentieth season in a row, and why Mourinho's ''achievements'' in Serie A mean jack :tongue2 May see what Fulhams odds are to win the thing, for a bit of fun.

If anyone wanted confirmation of the strength of Serie A' date=' there it is, this evening. Inter are a seperate entity from the rest of the league, before anyone mentions them, which is why they're set to canter to the title for about the twentieth season in a row, and why Mourinho's ''achievements'' in Serie A mean jack :tongue2 May see what Fulhams odds are to win the thing, for a bit of fun.[/quote'] They did have two players sent off though? In European competition it's more a mentality thing. Italian clubs aren't set up to just score more than the opposition imo.

Agree with the above about Rubin. I don't think they should be underestimated at all, but having said that, I think getting anything in Wolfsburg will be a big ask. If they can do it in Barcelona though, they can do it here. One bet I do like is Wolfsburg to beat a - 2 Corner Handicap @ 1.83 - Stanjames / - 3 corner handicap @ 2.3 - Paddy Power. Wolfsburg average 8.1 corners at home in the Bundesliga, which is pretty high. They beat both corner handicaps away in Rubin during the first leg, and have beaten both corner handicaps quite comfortably in their three CL group games, including the game against Manchester United. They failed against Villarreal, but that doesn't surprise me. I don't think many German teams know how to defend tbh, and Wolfsburg are no different. Rubin need to score, but I can see Wolfsburg bombing forward in attempt to rack up a cricket score.
:clap:clap Half time: 8:0 Perfect game for that bet! :notworthy

One bet I do like is Wolfsburg to beat a - 2 Corner Handicap @ 1.83 - Stanjames / - 3 corner handicap @ 2.3 - Paddy Power. :) Liverpool to qualify @ 1.92 - Betdaq. :)
Wolfsburg 15 corners to nil :loon Liverpool do the business. Last ten minutes was a bit nervy though. Lille beat the + 4 corner handicap too.

Got a few small stakes picks tonight: Anderlecht v Hamburg Lukaku AGS @ 6/4:) Anderlecht win @ 7/5:) Over 2.5 goals @ 4/5:) Anderlecht played a lot better than the reverse scoreline suggests and maybe should be playing tonight with another goal under their belts. They hopefully have Mbark Boussoufa back tonight and Lukaku continues his scoring from his last game. Hamburg dont play half as well away from home and Anderlecht need to score two tonight with no reply so I see them winning at the very least. If they get the two they force Hamburg to score another. Marseille v Benfica Over 2.5 @ 10/11 :) Not much to this bet. Benfica play well away and score for fun. They also need to score to go through. Marseille could find space to attack themselves due to this fact.
Luck of the Irish atm. Thank you St Patrick.

Re: Europa League 18/3

However, as well as going for singles on over 2.5 for every single tonight's game, I have decided to opt for a speculative 8-fold accumulator combined with a six-fold bet on the same eight matches over 2.5. Six winning overs will guarantee my stake back, seven winning overs will pay 10 x stake, while all 8 winning overs will pay around 95 x stake. As a backup I will also do the same accumulator and 6-folds out of eight,on Both Teams to Score for all matches,staking half of what I will stake on over 2.5s at approximately similar odds.
Well, in the end, Panathinaikos let most of us down I guess, even though judging by the UEFA match report there were 33 shots on target (20 of those by Panathinaikos) during that match, compared to 39 in the Werder-Valencia match that ended 4:4. And, what a difference would that Wolfsburg disallowed goal would've made for me...anyway. All in all, not a bad night for me, breaking even with accumulators and making some dosh with the singles. Cheers all,

They did have two players sent off though? In European competition it's more a mentality thing. Italian clubs aren't set up to just score more than the opposition imo.
There are several reasons for it to be honest and that's probably one of the major ones. Other's include the fact that Italian teams so famous for their defense are now quite leaky, the penchant for age (which extends to many areas outside of football also) is handicapping them against the increasingly faster paced Spanish and particularly English games and finally the fairly recent Calciopoli scandal which basically turned the Italian league on it's head and collectively weakened it - of course Inter have managed to rise from the ashes of that particular event the better for it, but that is the exception that proves the rule of course.

Marseille - I am not touching it, a single Goal is needed either way. Fulham - 4 Goals needed, impossible, wasn't sure about the game either way. A possible cover on Under 4,5 Goals, but it is too low atm - @ 1,66. Maybe just an in-play action if no Goal scored until 80th minute - Fulham will go forward, Juve can counter, being a man down does not make much difference. Standard - I am not touching it, looks good for Over, players might be sent off at both ends. Werder - no need to touch it, the Over 5,5 taken as cover @ 3,25 looks OK - seen more than just 2 Goals in Bremen in 45 mins Well then :hope:hope:hope P.S. 46,5 % OF THE STAKE LOST....Go Overs
Sorry, got that one wrong as I was toying with some Icelandic games on in-play - 7 % profit here :dude

Re: Europa League 18th of March Fulham - Juve over 2.5 @ 2.13 :D Marseille - Benfica over 2.5 @ 1.98 :D Standard Liege - Panathinaikos over 2.5 @ 1.98 :@ Werder Bremen - Valencia over 2.5 @ 1.72 :D Anderlecht - Hamburg over 2.5 @ 1.89 :D Liverpool -1 (EH) @ 2.30 :D Sporting Lisbon - Atletico Madrid over 2.5 @ 2.12 :D Wolfsburg - Rubin Kazan over 2.5 @ 1.80 :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall Good night overall but spewing about that disallowed goal for Wolfsburg at the end of normal time. Had a 4 fold multi for the second half of fixtures that would have been a nice payout

Re: Europa League 18/3

Today morning they said on german tv that Grafite won't be playing. But I agree that Wolfsburg will be a favourite here, if they managed to grab a draw in Kasan in such terrible conditions, I think that they could easily win at home. And as you said - since the change of the manager they've been very impressive, I saw their last Bundesliga game and M'gladbach was lucky to concede only 4.. For me 100% bet is both teams to score, as Wolfsburg concede so freely as they score. But my bookie does not offer this bet:( So >2.5 @1.72 is also valuable, probably better even than home win.
That's really annoying :wall couldn't bet on both teams to score so I was on >2.5 goals and I lost. And the ref, chopping off a regular goal.. :wall maybe this weekend will bring some money:)

If anyone wanted confirmation of the strength of Serie A' date=' there it is, this evening. Inter are a seperate entity from the rest of the league, before anyone mentions them, which is why they're set to canter to the title for about the twentieth season in a row, and why Mourinho's ''achievements'' in Serie A mean jack :tongue2 [/quote'] Serie A is on the edge of losing their 4th Champions League spot to Bundesliga. Probably as soon as next season, but very likely lastest the season after. Quite easy to see why. Serie A, that's currently Inter but then comes nothing else. Bundesliga, ok regarding Champions League that's only Bayern. But once it comes to teams ranked 3rd, 4th or 5th, Bundesliga obviously has the better clubs than Serie A. So it's a logical outcame that Bundesliga 4th place will take over the CL spot from Serie A 4th place.