** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League 18th of March

Re: Europa League 18th of March Werder Bremen – Valencia: Werder Bremen @ 2.20 (Totesport) 10/10 Fair odds, I think, for Werder's win here. Valencia may be a click better on paper, but they have faced injury issues lately and the team has been less than effective recently. Werder has picked up some form after going through a bad patch. At this stage of the season I think it is important to look at team objectives which can impact the focus of a team in a given match. Valencia sits in CL spot 3rd place in Spain and, I believe, above all else will want to hang on to this spot. I believe their focus is on the League and given the fragile injury situation I don't think Valencia is going to be full force tonight. Werder is essentially looking at qualifying for the Europa Cup next year through its Bundesliga placing. Furthermore, Werder may have an extra thurst for the Europa Cup given their runner-up status last year. Essentially, the home field advantage, the better focus and motivation point to a Werder win, I think. Wolfsburg – Rubin Kazan: Wolfsburg @ 1.83 (Skybet) 10/10 The odds aren't special, but I think Wolfsburg have the upper hand here. Wolfsburg were able to take Rubin on in Russia and I can't see why they can't do it at home and win. The host's are in form and are trying to salvage their season since even Europa qualification is doubtful. The hosts are playing well and I must doubt Rubin's fitness which should be an issue against a physical team like Wolfsburg. Sporting Lisbon – Atletico Madrid: Sporting Lisbon @ 2.42 (Betdaq) 10/10 Both teams have been inconsistent, but at the moment Sporting has the edge in terms of form and with the home advantage and a good result in Madrid I think they should defeat Atletico. Atletico has quality, but they haven't been very effective and have lost in away matches to weaker teams than Sporting. I think Atletico is focused on the Spanish Cup as their ticket to Europe next year and we might see a lack luster performance tonight.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Europa League 18th of March Got a few small stakes picks tonight: Anderlecht v Hamburg Lukaku AGS @ 6/4 Anderlecht win @ 7/5 Over 2.5 goals @ 4/5 Anderlecht played a lot better than the reverse scoreline suggests and maybe should be playing tonight with another goal under their belts. They hopefully have Mbark Boussoufa back tonight and Lukaku continues his scoring from his last game. Hamburg dont play half as well away from home and Anderlecht need to score two tonight with no reply so I see them winning at the very least. If they get the two they force Hamburg to score another. Marseille v Benfica Over 2.5 @ 10/11 Not much to this bet. Benfica play well away and score for fun. They also need to score to go through. Marseille could find space to attack themselves due to this fact.

Re: Europa League 18th of March Hello from Greece. Atletico Madrid has a great chance to qualify,due to Sporting's 2 red cards in the first leg.The central defender Tonel is banned and the left back Grimi too.They are both regular players but they're not available tonight.So Atletico with all their players available can make a win in Lisbon.Aguerro and Reyes can make it. Atletico Madrid 2 @2.90 I also think Standard Liege vs Panathinaikos over 2.5 @ 2.00.And this because Panathinaikos has to score 3 goals to qualify and so they must play too offensive.There is going to be Jovanovic and De Camargo though.....:clap:clap:clap :cash

Re: Europa League 18th of March Have taken Liverpool to qualify tonight @ 4/5 Lille are patchy enough, and certainly far better at home than on their travels. Hazard looks a really talented player though so Liverpool's defence should be tested. I don't think Liverpool have turned a corner really, Pompey are a Championship team now and defended terribly. But Torres back is a huge boost as you seen on Monday, aswell as Glen Johnson. Fancy Lille to concede a few and Liverpool to progress.

Re: Europa League 18th of March Liverpool v Lille OSC Liverpool's season so far has been the definition of disapointment. Out of the Champions League in the group stages, and fighting for a place in the CL next year as well. They have, however, maintained a good record at home, with a record of 11-2-2. Those two losses were to respectable Arsenal and Villa, and the draws to Birmingham and City. Hardly teams they should be brushing aside, and really, they've been solid at home. They are currently on a seven game winning streak at home, and with a 4-1 victory over Pompey in the week-end, they'll be full of confidence and eager to progress to the next round of their last tournament of the season. Lille have had a nice string of results lately, one loss in the last ten games in all competitions, but their away record is extremely average, 5-3-5. In Europe, they've only beaten Slavia Praha away. Liverpool to qualify at almost evens is a massive price in my opinion. Liverpool to qualify @ 1.96 betdaq

Re: Europa League 18th of March I`m interested in doing the Corners tonight, but torn between; Liverpool vs Lille Over 11 @5-6 Fulham vs Juventus Over 11 @11-10 Werder Bremen vs Valencia @Evs All Betfred prices as its the local bookie for me. Having looked through stats etc, i`m leaning towards the Liverpool match. Any further info or help welcome.. Cheers

Re: Europa League 18th of March Here we go again :eyes . I have a stubborn ambition to try and get my money back from the Europa League cause it just gave me nightmares this season . Liverpool v Lille - Liverpool / 1.50 / coral Not much value , numerically speaking , in this odds but is just the most obviouse outcome . Its hard to ignore the atmosphere on Anfield and the perfect home record of the reds' . Torres is back in the team and will dinamize for sure the duo with Gerrard providing good options infrount of goal . Lots of guys keep talking about the importance of the game with United from Sunday and that Liverpool might focus on that , but that is just a false_mind_road for punters - i say . Its very obviouse that Benitez is aiming the Europa League silverware this year , because the team had intense motivation in every game disputed so far in this cup.. and should be fully aware that the clash with United could bring nothing even i a good day ! Lille isnt at their best in this particular moment , barely scraping results like they did with Liverpool in the first game , were the draw should been the fair results . The Ligue 1 stats show's us that they've lost quite a few games on the road this season and with the important missing of Gervinho from the team i dont give them any-chance infrount of Liverpool's 'fans and players' home presure ! Fulham v Juventus - both teams to score / 1.80 / bet365 Important missing from both sides and this for sure will affect the 1X2 outcome of this game , which can be predicted as inpredictable ! Fulham needs a win at two goals diference here and with their home record its very hard to deny their ambitions . But.. the missing will have a strong word to say in this game especialy because they leave very big gapes in the backline of the team . Thier offence is clearly working and could of get more in Italy if the tactics would of been diferent.. but Juventus clearly have their offence up and going as well and Del Piero plus Trezegue are big dangers on the counter . In this conditions i wouldnt advise anyone betting on a home win , tho Juventus have their share of injuries in the back line ! The keeper will sure big their biggest disadvantage in this game cause it will be the 4th choice from the second/young team . So their defence isnt working properly this days , especialy because of their missings in the back and i see -both teams to score just the most reasonable bet for this game . Wolfsburg v Rubin - both teams to score / 1.66 / bet365 Again not much value , numerically , but i see this outcome more probable than a Wolfsburg win which is priced at 1.75/general .Wolfsburg are in red hot form and lots of people are on them for a win here , but i just cant convince my self of that . Wolfsburg have played better away than at home this season , in Bundesliga.. and in Europe for that matter and that is what puts me off from them today . Also i was looking to see how Rubin have performed last year better , away ot at home , and i saw that away is were they like the most , loosing just one game on the road last season in Russian league ! They need to attack in this game because Wolfsburg have the away goal advantage and with the inexistent defence of the germans i see this bet very very plausible . Wolfsburg home record from Bundesliga looks like this : 5 2 6 , 29-29 goals and with their first choice keeper missing from the team , i just cant find another bet.. stronger than this for tonight's game . Sporting v Atletico Madrid - both teams to score / 1.80 / bet365 The first game was ended in a shock result for me , because of the score 0-0 . Didnt espected that at all , and i dont think anybody did considering the pleasure to score of both teams in their domestic leagues . But Sporting plays more conservative away than at home and if it wasnt for two important missing in the backline for this game i was considering them to beat Atletico here , who really are not great travelers . Still the bookies price home win very high and i see one of the reasons for doing this being the spanish team motivation.. who doesnt give a dime on the internal championship now , because of their low/bad position in standings and are fully motivated on the Europa League now . I dont see them playing a conservative game here but rather searching for goal cause one counts as two because of their away status.. and with their massive offensive power that they've got its just impossible to not see them scoring -whith Forlan , Aguero and Reyes in the team . Nobody espected them to take a thing from Galata's field and they've won with 2-1 , so i see a same game approach from their part tonight . In the same time Sporting them selves have big offensive power in Mutinho , Liedson , Veloso and Mendes.. and wee all know what Everton and Porto had for diner on their trips at Sporting ! to be continued..

Re: Europa League 18th of March Standard Liege - Panathinaikos Panathinaikos (0) AH @ 2.10 To be honest i wasn't surprised with the result from the first leg. I usually avoid taking Greek&Turkish teams when they are in favourites role but i gladly take them when they are considered as underdogs against mediocre teams like Standard. Belgian team opened the first leg with 2-0 after 15-20 minutes and after that it was difficult for PAO to return. 3-1 is really huge, and PAO probably won't make it but they are able to produce some magic and make this game very tight. Overall i see them as the better team and i see no reason why is Standard considered as the favourite. Odds over 2.00 are definetly worth of taking, 1.80 would be far more realistic. My call is 1-2 correct score. GL.

Re: Europa League 18th of March Marseille - Benfica X @ 3.60 Betfair Very even match in my eyes. In Lisabon it ended 1-1, both teams had their moments but it was the most realistic score IMHO. Marseille plays at home, in front of their fanatic fans, but Benfica has been very solid on European away games lately and they are not much weaker than OM. With 0-0 hosts will advance so i expect a very close game. Normally i wouldn't take this bet but odds are too big, 3.20 would be fair, 3.60 is too much.

Re: Europa League 18th of March I have a couple of Over picks myself, but just the Fact that so many here today go for Over 2,5 Goals in most games is beginning to worry me...And in some of the games odds for Over didn't move for a scratch, despite some really good posts here and the general attitude...Worried now... At odds 2,00 - 2,10 I am now looking at More Goals in the Second Half in all 4 early games. Werder have no need to rush, neither do Standard and Marseille. In all 3 games the opposition has great attacking potential, but bar Panathinaikos neither Valencia nor Benfica need to go ALL IN from the start - after all it is the away Goal only that separates the Teams - a more aggressive approach will be needed toward the end, if the result is in no favor to Valencia and Benfica. The situation with Pana is different to the previous games vs Roma - the Greeks had a small advantage after the first leg and only started chasing the result after Riise's Goal, now they have to start from the beginning going forward ...On the other hand leaky as they look, Standard have a nice cushion, and in Salzburg they proved they can defend a lead. Whatever the result in FH though, the game looks to stay open all the way to the end, i.e. Goals are expected in Second Half too... Fulham - I don't know, it is just that they face an Italian Team with quality. Defending well is something both Team can do, results of Juve in the domestic League are no good for comparisons here. I would rather go back to both Ajax games - Juventus reacted well after the Goal, and looked just as dangerous as the Hosts in long periods. Back in Torino they did not give Ajax some major opportunities, and it wasn't just Suarez missing, Juve simply were ''killing the game'' as of the good result from the first leg... 4 Singles with medium stake, bet365 - I see Goals too, but not necessarily all in the FH. TWO OF THESE BEING RIGHT WILL BREAK ME EVEN - 3 IS A NICE PROFIT - and the stakes would be easy to protect if no Goals at all in the first 15 minutes on the in-play...If yes, hope for really high-scoring games then... P.S. The Fulham game is hard to protect on the in-play now:lol, just hope no more Goals in Bremen in the next 20 mins - then the odds for Over 1,5 Goals in the FH will be above evens and I can cover myself... P.P.S. Too bad - taking Over 5,5 Goals in Werder @ 3,25...

Re: Europa League 18th of March

too short for me, the guy has no composure in front of goal at all missed an absolute sitter last week to put liverpool 1-0 up
Yes he could have scored first leg but he totally missed that chance. I was just thinking he could score now instead.

Re: Europa League 18th of March Anderlecht v Hamburg - Lay Hamburg / 3.10 / betfair I've seen highlits from Hamburg's game at Leverkusen , were i was especting to get something out of it and they appeared very reckless in defense ! Not much concentration in the team there and that was reflected in the final score also.. 4-2 for Leverkusen . They have the home win advantage from the first round at 3-1 and i forsee a complacent display from them in this one , were their main focus will be just to sit back and try to score a goal on the counter to dust down Anderlecht 's chances for good . I personaly see a home win here because Anderlecht have the home advantage and motivation to score from the first minutes and they've played good their last 2 games at home in Europe : trashing Bilbao 4-0 and drawing with Ajax . All in all Hamburg could even lose this game and still qualify and this is what my lay is mostly about , besides strong home motivation and capabilities form the belgian side . Werder v Valencia - both teams to score / 1.53 / bet365 Silly price , really but i consider it a good bet . Werder is notoriously knowned for not keeping clean-sheets this season and i doubt they can switch just now . They've conceded in their last 11 games on a row , played on Bundesliga , and at home they were feed up even with 2.. most of the time from Schalke , Bayern , Leverkusen and Stuttgart . I see Valencia just on the same rank at those mentioned previous and with Silva and David Villa 'back in the team'.. they have a real chance for netting one or two , tonight . The first legg has finished 1-1 'for Werder ' so they can't sit on nothing and just have to search for the goal in this game . In the same time Werder have amazing offensive power and will score one or two with eass , from the foot or head of Pizzaro , Hunt , Marin or Ozil ! Marseille v Benfica - under 2.5 / 1.85 / bet365 This bet could be considered against the trend , because both teams have good ofensive options , but i see a very echilibrated clash here . Benfica plays really compact away from home -not loosing much while Marseille arent in their best shape right now . Their attack just isn't clicking when is asspecting to and that can be read by their last 3 games which all ended in draws : 1-1 to be exact , with Lorient , Toulouse and Benfica . This is clearly a trend and against all the leagues diferences and odds slightly over evens , which makes Marseille a good bet for the win.. i am aware of the big posibility of this game closing in a draw ! Even if they need to score , to surpase the away goal advantage of Marseille from the first legg , Benfica has struggled to do that in their last away game played in portuguese championship and they've won just one nil with Nacional . I can really see Marseille conserving their efforts for the game with Lyon from the weekend.. and just stay organised in defence with the tought to preserve their advantage while Benfica struggling again to net the ball , being in a visible downtrend these days . Liege v Panathinaikos - Panathinaikos +0 / 2.10 / bet365 I've saw the highlits of the first game in greece and i have to say that the result was in no way deserved for Pana ! They had a substitute goalkeeper in that game and he was massively responsable for that loos.. at the first two goals he mistaken unacceptably and in an amateur way ! Now , the first choice GK is back and also ive read on the net that they have motivation in the team for this game , because they come in Belgium with a strong line-up with Karagounis and Katsouranis in the team . Tho they will miss two good assets in defence , from the first team , i fully aspect them to push for a win here.. remembering what they did in Rome ! I also can't see Standard pushing for a win , cause is just not necesary and will try to preserve their efforts making a conservative play . Ninis and Cisse upfront for Panathainaikos and i can see them scoring a couple here , while Standar can advance even it they loose or draw . This is the best logical decison here and i see it as a good bet for what the facts are . Some of you might be reluctant taking it because of the derby game of Pana with Olimpiakos in the weekend.. but they are pretty safe for winning the tittle this year , with 5 points ahead of Paok and 4 games till the end of the season.. and i consider that they would just want to redeem their status in Europe after that 'full of shame' defeat , at home . this was part two , ;).. good luck ! ....

too short for me, the guy has no composure in front of goal at all missed an absolute sitter last week to put liverpool 1-0 up
What do you mean no composure did you see his goals against Pompey. The chance against Lille was a good save. Watch Babel rip up the Mancs on Sunday. Would take Babel Anytime @ 11/5 Paddy Power

Fulham overs looks good for now, i see them having to go for it, and Juve are capable of scoring there. Wolfburg looks a good they picked up a bit of form, but they got that away goal that worries me a bit Liverpool no they need two goals to go through, im hoping the team lineup the same against Pompey. Besides that with the Anfield crowd behind us we should kick on and win the tie i might consider Liverpool -1 Also could Bremen could be a good bet against out of sort Valencia Both teams to score is where i made money in the 1st leg and it looks good for these games tommorow - /Marseille/Benfica Standard/Pana and Sporting and fulham matches will look into all, an decide tomorrow
Made up my mind im taking Woflsbug win Liverpool -1 Werder Bremen Both teams to score doubles Marsille/Benfica Standard/Pana @9/4 Babel score Anytime Fulham/Juve over 2.5 goals also cover bet liverpool 1-0 win

I have a couple of Over picks myself, but just the Fact that so many here today go for Over 2,5 Goals in most games is beginning to worry me...And in some of the games odds for Over didn't move for a scratch, despite some really good posts here and the general attitude...Worried now... At odds 2,00 - 2,10 I am now looking at More Goals in the Second Half in all 4 early games. Werder have no need to rush, neither do Standard and Marseille. In all 3 games the opposition has great attacking potential, but bar Panathinaikos neither Valencia nor Benfica need to go ALL IN from the start - after all it is the away Goal only that separates the Teams - a more aggressive approach will be needed toward the end, if the result is in no favor to Valencia and Benfica. The situation with Pana is different to the previous games vs Roma - the Greeks had a small advantage after the first leg and only started chasing the result after Riise's Goal, now they have to start from the beginning going forward ...On the other hand leaky as they look, Standard have a nice cushion, and in Salzburg they proved they can defend a lead. Whatever the result in FH though, the game looks to stay open all the way to the end, i.e. Goals are expected in Second Half too... Fulham - I don't know, it is just that they face an Italian Team with quality. Defending well is something both Team can do, results of Juve in the domestic League are no good for comparisons here. I would rather go back to both Ajax games - Juventus reacted well after the Goal, and looked just as dangerous as the Hosts in long periods. Back in Torino they did not give Ajax some major opportunities, and it wasn't just Suarez missing, Juve simply were ''killing the game'' as of the good result from the first leg... 4 Singles with medium stake, bet365 - I see Goals too, but not necessarily all in the FH. TWO OF THESE BEING RIGHT WILL BREAK ME EVEN - 3 IS A NICE PROFIT - and the stakes would be easy to protect if no Goals at all in the first 15 minutes on the in-play...If yes, hope for really high-scoring games then... P.S. The Fulham game is hard to protect on the in-play now:lol, just hope no more Goals in Bremen in the next 20 mins - then the odds for Over 1,5 Goals in the FH will be above evens and I can cover myself... P.P.S. Too bad - taking Over 5,5 Goals in Werder @ 3,25...
Marseille - I am not touching it, a single Goal is needed either way. Fulham - 4 Goals needed, impossible, wasn't sure about the game either way. A possible cover on Under 4,5 Goals, but it is too low atm - @ 1,66. Maybe just an in-play action if no Goal scored until 80th minute - Fulham will go forward, Juve can counter, being a man down does not make much difference. Standard - I am not touching it, looks good for Over, players might be sent off at both ends. Werder - no need to touch it, the Over 5,5 taken as cover @ 3,25 looks OK - seen more than just 2 Goals in Bremen in 45 mins Well then :hope:hope:hope P.S. 46,5 % OF THE STAKE LOST....Go Overs

Re: Europa League 18th of March think benfica will beat marseille in running, marseille have said that the title is more important than this cup im not watching it but marseille have had 2 shots that were off target against benficas 5 off target and 2 on target. the 5/2 price is well worth a punt unless someone who is watching it can put a different light on it, cant find how much possesion each side have had