** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Champions League 16-17 March

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 16-17 March

I think you are being a bit too harsh on the man :lol ... we might lose him for the Forum if no credit given for his win. I just wonder why does he bother to post tonight TWICE ?!?! With 30 post in almost a year, 2 of which tonight - one - to tell others how good he is and how he won, and second - telling how stupid all Chelsea backers are and PL being bad... I tell you what, we need him!!! Sooner or later ( couple of years )he might as well start sharing :lol Winning 1200 is nothing, what he doesn't say is that he won it with a fiver, on a CS Double :dude Well, me being a sucker, I lost 800 yesterday and today, most my Weekend profit gone, and mind you, I wasn't backing Chelsea...A quarter of my bank with bet365 is going on Fortaleza to go Over 2,5 Goals tomorrow, in hope to recover - bless Brazil :hope:hope:hope
I knew for certain I would get laughed out at by posting an Inter + Moskva double, as people were betting -1 -2 on Chelsea etc. To be fair, I also had a Inter + Sevilla double highstakes which I lost on. About my low post count, check what I actually have posted, and see I'm not a retard, and I mostly do my stuff in private messages to Toronto_Mike (who is an awesome punter I have to say)

Wow, congratulations..shame you didnt put your bets on here before gloating about your win!! Divert your eyes a couple of posts up please...:eyes Any opinions about tomorrow nights games? With such a grand win under your belt you should be full of predictions surely?
Thank you :) I will do a double highstakes on both home wins today, Barcelona + Bordeaux, I see no other prediction here.

I knew for certain I would get laughed out at by posting an Inter + Moskva double, as people were betting -1 -2 on Chelsea etc. To be fair, I also had a Inter + Sevilla double highstakes which I lost on. About my low post count, check what I actually have posted, and see I'm not a retard, and I mostly do my stuff in private messages to Toronto_Mike (who is an awesome punter I have to say)
You just didn't get it, did you? The thing is - should you have posted everything BEFORE the matches, you would get some credit, and - more importantly - you would not be frowned upon. It's the AFTER-EVENTING that did the biz and why you are laughed at. BTW, you actually didn't produce any kind of proof of your bet, but then again it's not necessary as posting such stuff after the event is unnecessary.

You just didn't get it' date=' did you? The thing is - should you have posted everything BEFORE the matches, you would get some credit, and - more importantly - you would not be frowned upon. It's the AFTER-EVENTING that did the biz and why you are laughed at. BTW, you actually didn't produce any kind of proof of your bet, but then again it's not necessary as posting such stuff after the event is unnecessary.[/quote'] I'm doing it mostly to shove it up the PL lovers faces :)

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Bordeaux/Olympiakos Under 2.25 I just see Olympiakos trying to nick a 1-0 win and hope to finish the job in ET. The Greeks were hard done in the 1st leg when a disallowed goal probably should've counted since the Bordeaux keeper flopped. There weren't many chances for both sides and I can see Olympiakos being pleased with that type of game. Bordeaux have been struggling as of late to find goals in Ligue 1. Gourcuff hasn't been in good form for a while now and unless he is on Bordeaux have struggled to create chances. Most of Olympiakos' matches vs big clubs in the CL or in Greece have been tight low scoring affairs, and if they have any chance of progressing they will use this same tactic.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Right, im going Barca -1EH @ 1.72, high stakes..been thinking about it for a couple of days and decided to go with it, posted reasoning in earlier posts but I believe Barca will win by at least 2 possibly 3 goals, if Barca do go one up Stuttgart will have to chase the game eventually and Barca have more than enough attacking ability to take advantage of such a situation..I see this game as similar to the Arsenal v Porto last week, and i expect to see the home side create the majority of the chances..Stuttgart did play well in the first leg (well for the first half anyway) but they were at home and regardless of how well or how poorly they played 1-1 will suit Barca more..the odds are skinny i know but i usually follow my convictions and this one i have to take..also had a smaller bet on the -2EH which would be a bonus if it came in but not essential for decent profit..

Barca v Stuttgart - Under 4 Cards To Be Shown @ 17/10 Hills Not much reason for this bet another then I don't see this being a 'feisty' game, of course missed time tackles can lead to cards but I don't see any stupid bookings being necessary assuming the game pans out the way it should.
This looks a cracking bet an at good value, i dont see this being a feisty game too. I had to join on that one. Also i like Barca -1 @ 8/11 I no the odds ain't great and what worry's me is a draw will be enough, or if they 1-0 up they won't care about getting the 2nd. But i can see Barca putting a show on for there fans, especially with Messi in this kind of form, so its handicaps for me and Messi 1st goal @ 7/2 Also Bordeaux looks a unders game but the price is too short, but what stands out is Bordeaux last four European games have ended 1-0 1-0 2-0 2-0. They no how to keep things tight and i can't see Olympiakos scoring here Bordeaux 1-0 @ 11 2 Bordeaux 2-0 @ 5/1 Ladbrokes

Re: Champions League 16-17 March I've had my eye on that Barcelona corner handicap too Jase, you going ahead with it has convinced me. :D I'm also going to be putting some money on Olympiakios +1 AH, I can see a stalemate hapening and Bordeaux just clinching qualifiying on that single goal from the first leg.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March C0A8AE020000011D2078CB021AA9095D.gifBarcelona vs StuttgartC0A8AE020000011D2286A7CC1F5493DD.gif The strength of Barcelona and Stuttgart are too wide in the gap. If Barcelona put all in this game, Stuttgart can be easily destroyed. Barcelona are with an away goal advanatge so Stuttgart must attack today. Hence the back-line is open for top form Messi and I expect Barce to big win here.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March My picks tonight (all William Hill): BARCELONA v STUTTGART Messi to score two or more @ 4/1 (Stuttgart have to attack here which leaves space for Messi to attack. He's also Barcelona's penalty taker.) Under 10 corners @ 8/5 (Barca dont tend to rack up a high number of corners, although they get more at home. Efficient use of the ball and a high percentage of possession while keeping the ball on the pitch means little corners in my book.) BORDEAUX v OLYMPIAKOS Both teams to score @ 13/10 Over 2.5 goals @ 23/20 (Either Bordeaux score first and Olympiakos have to really go for it to get back in tie OR Olympiakos score first and Bordeaux have to score to win the game. Set up very nicely for goals this game.) Good luck everyone. :clap

Re: Champions League 16-17 March For the Barcelona Game I'm going for a big Barca win I think, but Bordeaux is really difficult. How are they going to play? They won in Greece and they don't need to win... Scoring 1 goal and playing defencive? I don't know... Difficult bet I guess...

Under 10 corners @ 8/5 (Barca dont tend to rack up a high number of corners, although they get more at home. Efficient use of the ball and a high percentage of possession while keeping the ball on the pitch means little corners in my book.)
I find this confusing mate tbh. Barcelona have averaged 7.5 corners at home this season, and 5.7 away from home. Only Getafe and Sevilla can better the home stats.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March I think I must be one of the few that thinks Stuttgart may give Barca a game tonight. No in-depth knowledge of either sides league, but it seems Barca maybe aren't at their best, right now, Stuttgart are in good form and did well in the first leg, and if a team from Serie A can knock Chelsea out, this season, anything's possible.

Barcelona handicap backers please be aware you might not cover it' date=' Barcelona barely won in Stuttgart and I believe they will put one in camp nou, a warning to all of you.[/quote'] game in Stuttgart or game in Camp nou is another thing. For 1 the home advantage. 2nd Barca has to win now and they didn't have to win in Stuttgart... + barca is able of putting a better team on the pitch now. (Alves is back for example)

I find this confusing mate tbh. Barcelona have averaged 7.5 corners at home this season' date=' and 5.7 away from home. Only Getafe and Sevilla can better the home stats.[/quote'] Well recently I have seen: Barca v Almeria - 10 Barca v Valencia - 10 Barca v R Santander - 6 Barca v Getafe - 7 Not to mention the game in Stuttgart had 7. There are one or two games such as the Malaga game where Barca got 13 but that has been the most recent and I'm doubtful that will happen again. To add to my argument, these are the corner stats for Barca's champions league games this season: vs Kiev - 7 vs Inter - 9 vs Rubin - 9 vs Rubin 12 vs Kiev - 10 vs Inter - 5 I suppose we will see.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Bordeaux - Olympiakos
Selection Over 2,5
Strength 10/10
Date 17/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.22 (Back)
Reasoning Bordeaux won 1-0 in the first leg and despite the fact that Oly is now in difficult situation, especially after another defeat in their home league, i expect them to perform much better tonight. Simply, they are now in situation where they have nothing to lose. On the other hand i doubt Blanc will try with defensive minded tactics cause it can be very dangerous with "only" 1 goal advantage. Bordeaux will surely look for a goal while Oly has the capacity to make things a lot more complicted for French team. I disagree with 1.59 on home win, but over is my main bet of the day.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event FC Barcelona (-1.75) - Vfb Stuttgart
Selection 1 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 17/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.93 (Back)
Reasoning Huge quality difference here. Barca is always inspired for knockout phase, they have to tonight to advance and i expect them to give 100%. Stuttgart surprised them in 1st leg with high level of quality football, but at wide pitch in Barcelona, German team has no chance. My call is 4-0.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March For the corner guy. You know that Stuttgart does introduce most of their attacks from wings dont you? Most crosses overall in Bundesliga in past seasons and the probability that crosses end in corners is quite high. However, I must admit - if we visualize the match in front of our eyes we should expect Barca to dominate the match and Stuttgart to defend/counter attack or attack but not successful whatever. Anyway, if Barca will attack they will usually look for the pass in the gap. Probability of this ending in corners is not that high. It will depend on how much Stuttgart is willing/has to risk at some stage and to what extent they can do this successfully. For all 1x2 backers. Quality difference here and there. One thing for sure. If you annoy Barcelona, tackle them early and stand on their feets always - then you have a small chance to get a result (draw - or a surprising away win). I expect all Stuttgart players to fight, from defense to midfield to strikers. They own Lehmann, who is going to play his last CL season most likely and he will show himself too. This and no other match is his chance to proove himself that he is a good goalkeeper. I wont EVER jump on any asian handicap of barca, whatever the result is tonight. I know my prediction for CL and EL usually go wrong, but I will have a go - just in the mood right now. Stuttgart +1.75 10/10 @2.02 :ok

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Stuttgart are a poor team in the German league which we all know is not the strongest league in europe . Barcalona were simply quality in the 2nd half on sunday night and will simply have to much class for stuttgart tonight . The odds are very low but that does not mean there is not value on Barcalona tonight . Large Single on Barcalona to win the game at 2/9 with paddypower . :ok

Stuttgart are a poor team in the German league which we all know is not the strongest league in europe
Ouch and ouch again. Did you watch one single match of Stuttgart lately and Germany is not as good as Spain/England maybe - but I dont see any other league than Germany on 3rd position (Europe). One more reason to go on Stuttgart :nana

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Barca are way too short but what do you expect. Maybe Barca will get a 2 goal lead and pass it around for fun, but I like what I saw form Stuttgart in the 1st leg. Barca seemed very uncomfortable in that game and the Germans ran at them and never allowed them to be comfortable on the ball. Xavi is out which is big blow, there will be even more pressure on Iniesta to hold onto the ball distribute. Suttgart are also strong on set plays and perhaps Gebhart and Hleb could work a counter attack down the flanks if a Barca wing back gets caught going forward. I'll make a small play on Stutgart +1.75.

Ouch and ouch again. Did you watch one single match of Stuttgart lately and Germany is not as good as Spain/England maybe - but I dont see any other league than Germany on 3rd position (Europe). One more reason to go on Stuttgart :nana
I would still rate Serie A above the Bundesliga, but the Bundesliga is better than it was a couple of years ago thta's for sure.

I would still rate Serie A above the Bundesliga' date=' but the Bundesliga is better than it was a couple of years ago thta's for sure.[/quote'] The general level of Bundesliga is increasing a lot. Before season there were 9 teams who were considered for top 3 positions. We have always fans in the stadiums, stars like Ribery and Robben - Hleb and very talented German players are getting more into spotlight. The only thing which makes Seria A special is Inter with Mourinho, but I never rate a league overall level by just one team. Or why are Bayern/Stuttgart - Bremen/Hamburg still in CL/EL :ok But yeah German football sucks - thats why soon we might hit the 4th CL spot by getting Italy in 5-year Ranking ;)

:ok But yeah German football sucks - thats why soon we might hit the 4th CL spot by getting Italy in 5-year Ranking ;)
It probably will happen unless Inter and Juve can both make the finals of the CL and EL respectively. Unfortunately Serie A teams have faced off against top English teams in the early knock out rounds while most German teams get knocked off in the group stage and go on to have success in the Europa League. It is what it is and Germany deserve full marks for their EL success.

Julio Cesar Maicon-Lucio-Samuel-Zanetti Cambiasso-Snejider-Motta- Etoò-Milito-Pandev Muntari out. Perfect. Inter at next round !:clap
Stupendous game of inter Inter has 4 formidable attackers:Milito,Eto'o;Pandev e Balotelli. Only Barcellona has best attack. Last Year inter played with Ibrahimovic abandoned in area and nobody helped him, now Inter play with 3 stricker and all the players help them. I believe inter serious pretender in the madrid's final.:nana:nana:nana:clap:clap:clap

What's with all the after eventing about how poor the price on Chelsea was? :eyes Regarding today's games. Doesn't matter if either home side wins 5-0, the prices are far too short for this stage of the CL, and the AH prices for them to win big are just as worse. Won't be getting my vote. I was, however attracted to the corner handicaps...... Barcelona - 4 Corner Handicap @ 2.1 - Skybet. Although, I don't personally feel Barcelona need to win the game. A 0-0 would put them through, by reading recent comments by Pep Guardiola, I think they will be going all out to get a decent sized win. Whether they achieve that is a different matter. Barcelona have beaten a -4 corner handicap here against Rubin, and Kiev. Only managing to beat a -2 corner handicap against Inter, which isn't very surprising to me. I have absolutely no idea how Stuttgart will approach this game tactically, as they need at least a goal to progress. Either way, I can see Barcelona getting forward quite frequently, and racking up a fair few corners in the process. Olympiakos + 2 Corner Handicap @ 1.95 - BET365. Olympiakos are NOT out of this tie imo. They may have lost one nil, but a one nil lead, even an away lead is still a very slender margin for Bordeaux. Olympiakos beat a + 2 corner handicap away to AZ and Liege. One of which they drew, the other they lost. The other was Arsenal, which they lost quite spectacularly. Bordeaux only beat a corner handicap at home against Juventus. I can just see Olympiakos getting forward more than the straight win odds perhaps suggest they are likely to. Interestingly, Bordeaux have only beaten a - 2 corner handicap at home in Ligue One against, Valenciennes, Le Mans and Boulogne. Three of the weaker opponents from Ligue One.
Jase, can u explain what u mean by -4 corners for barclona, does that mean that barceloa have to have at least 5 corners more than stuttgart or what ??? any any of you guys there, if ye know what it means will ye let me know plese b4 the match starts thanks a lot