** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Lay of the day - 15th Jan

Re: Lay of the day - 15th Jan Lingfield 13:40 - Monterosso 1pt lay Mark Johnston's horses often improve massively for there run but I've always been told that he is most dangerous when upping them in trip, he isn't with this one, continues over the 7f, was beaten 9 lengths, not much form out of that race but horse infront who beat him ¾ lengths, was well beaten again NTO. At the current price of 3/1, I think worth a lay.

Re: Lay of the day - 15th Jan 115 Southwell: Hope Road Might be a risky one this as Hope Road does look well in at the weights but he hasnt ran on the flat for donkeys and every time he has returned from an absence he has needed the race badly, i reckon this is obviously a pipe opener for a hurdles run next week and its interesting that he was kept for summer jumping and the better ground and unusual he has chosen the slowest surface on the AW for a run. He could win by 10 lenghts on his best form but just dont think he will be 100% and is a false fav.

Re: Lay of the day - 15th Jan 2.15 Southwell Mororless 1pt win lay She won a seller on her only start over this course and distance last time out. Inside Track who was second that day won yesterday to frank the form of the race, as a consequence she'll likely start faourite today. I'll lay Mororless for being such a short price in her first handicap race, also this is a higher class race today and the other three runners having plenty more racecourse experience than her.

Re: Lay of the day - 15th Jan OBE GOLD 2.10 Lingifeld. Up in weights and small field not sure to suit. Hard task anyhow at the weights and so much more a lay than a play today. Dodgy with only 3 rivals, but looking deeper into things, that could be the key for layers her.

Re: Lay of the day - 15th Jan 3.15 Southwell: Chocolate Caramel 1pt place lay Only two places on offer and I have 4 in the field I would rather be on. Richard Fahey hasn't exactly been firing the winners in of late and despite being one of the highest rated in the field isn't the best in on adjusted figures. First attempt on fibresand LTO when tailed off over this trip and although likely to have come on for recent outings there is too much against this one IMO and too many horses vying for the two places so happy to lay for a place.

Re: Lay of the day - 15th Jan 4.10 Lingfield - Steel City Boy (LAY) He competes in a trappy handicap race today. 10 runs since his last win, only placed once which was his last run. Definitely not the most consistent type. Fully exposed at 7 years old. People seem to be counting on his rapid decline in handicap rating over the past year and his fast turn out since last run. The field is full of those with equal or better form over this C and D, some horses are younger and can still improve, some horses are simply more consistent. Again, he has a chance with his past form, but his price is too short given the opposition and their recent form and past consistency.

Re: Lay of the day - 15th Jan

4.10 Lingfield - Steel City Boy (LAY) He competes in a trappy handicap race today. 10 runs since his last win, only placed once which was his last run. Definitely not the most consistent type. Fully exposed at 7 years old. People seem to be counting on his rapid decline in handicap rating over the past year and his fast turn out since last run. The field is full of those with equal or better form over this C and D, some horses are younger and can still improve, some horses are simply more consistent. Again, he has a chance with his past form, but his price is too short given the opposition and their recent form and past consistency.
BH cursed me, mentioning the 13 in a row and all that.... :sad But seriously, didn't do that much wrong here. One length covered the first 4 home. Steel City Boy just managed to get on top - his short rest time since last run may have given him that little edge.

Re: Lay of the day - 15th Jan Wolverhampton 7.20 Kickahead 1 Point Win Lay A lot of money seems to keep coming for this horse but i dont reallly see why, His form on the AW reads 4740455 so in seven starts he has not once been able to even threaten the prize money and also going over a distance he has not gone over and this looks to be a lay for me.