Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan Stop taking the piss Jack. O'Sullivan has been near perfect and but for the ridiculous bad luck O'Sullivan had when he split the pack in this decider there would have been no final green. Williams had his chance in this decider. He ballsed it up nobody else. It's been an unbelievable snooker match this which really doesn't deserve a loser :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy.

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan An absolute classic. :clap Brilliant to see so much respect between two of the games greats. Feel sorry for Williams but it's great to see him back to his best and on that form he will be a major player come April. All credit to Ronnie though, and good to see him showing a bit of emotion at the end. Fancy him to take care of Maguire or Selby with a bit to spare tomorrow.

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan Onto tonights 2nd semi and I'm going with 2. M.Selby to win race to 3 frames vs S.Maguire, 5pts @ 8/11 Stan James M.Selby to have highest break vs S.Maguire, 4pts @ 10/11 BlueSq I really like the chances of Selby here after he came through an epic with Mark Allen last night. However, Maguire is not without a chance despite not playing with any fluency at all this season. Selby has been quick out of the blocks in both his games, winning the race to 3 frames against Ding & Allen by 3-0. Maguire lost the equivalent against Mark King in his 1st match 3-2, after losing the first 2 frams, but beat Ryan Day 3-1 in what can only be described as an awful match. Selby loves the venue, thrives on the atmosphere and, with Maguire being a generally slow starter, I fancy Mark to win this one comfortably. In terms of the highest break, again I take Selby who can be a very heavy scorer when in the balls. So far in this tournament, Maguire is the only 1 to have hit a century and has a total of 8 50+ breaks, whilst Selby highest is 93 with the same total of 8 50+. However, generally Selby is better in the balls and is ranked 2nd on 100+ break rate and 7th on the 50+. Maguire though is ranked just 36th and 30th respectively. That, coupled with the fact I expect Selby to win this at a venue he loves, I'll take the 10/11 on him to top score.

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan I am 14.89pts up in this tournament. :nana Going for two for tonights semi. Selby v Maguire - 7pts on OVER 6.5 50+ breaks @ 1.92 and Selby v Maguire - 4pts on OVER 9.5 frames @ evens I fully expect this one to be very close just like the other semi which was an absolute beauty of a match. The over 50+ break has proved very profitable so will go with once again (how can I not?) Selby hit 4 50+ breaks against Allen and Ding. Although Maguire isnt playing his best snooker one of his strengths is his break building derpartment. He too made 4 50+ in his two games. I feel this one will go the distance as both players will definitely be up for this. The more the frames the higher chance in the over 50+ breaks to come through:hope

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan

Really thought Williams was going to get me back into profit for the tournament but it wasn't to be. -10.38 now but I'm on Maguire at 9/2 tonight so there's still a chance I can end in the black.
i was quite suprised to see Selby as quite a big favourite in this game. I will also be on Maguire tonight and i see + 1.5 for maguire is 1.90 :eek

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan I'm not surprised Selby is favourite. On the whole this week Maguire's been garbage and only the ease of his draw is why he's still here but equally that's the reason I backed him. Hopefully with the pressure off and the underdog status on his side we'll see the best of him because he can still perform at this level.

I'm not surprised Selby is favourite. On the whole this week Maguire's been garbage and only the ease of his draw is why he's still here but equally that's the reason I backed him. Hopefully with the pressure off and the underdog status on his side we'll see the best of him because he can still perform at this level.
I thought maguire performed well in his last round in parts once he settled. I don't think Selby has been too great either to be honest. I expected him to beat Allen far easier then he did.

Onto tonights 2nd semi and I'm going with 2. M.Selby to win race to 3 frames vs S.Maguire, 5pts @ 8/11 Stan James M.Selby to have highest break vs S.Maguire, 4pts @ 10/11 BlueSq I really like the chances of Selby here after he came through an epic with Mark Allen last night. However, Maguire is not without a chance despite not playing with any fluency at all this season. Selby has been quick out of the blocks in both his games, winning the race to 3 frames against Ding & Allen by 3-0. Maguire lost the equivalent against Mark King in his 1st match 3-2, after losing the first 2 frams, but beat Ryan Day 3-1 in what can only be described as an awful match. Selby loves the venue, thrives on the atmosphere and, with Maguire being a generally slow starter, I fancy Mark to win this one comfortably. In terms of the highest break, again I take Selby who can be a very heavy scorer when in the balls. So far in this tournament, Maguire is the only 1 to have hit a century and has a total of 8 50+ breaks, whilst Selby highest is 93 with the same total of 8 50+. However, generally Selby is better in the balls and is ranked 2nd on 100+ break rate and 7th on the 50+. Maguire though is ranked just 36th and 30th respectively. That, coupled with the fact I expect Selby to win this at a venue he loves, I'll take the 10/11 on him to top score.
Top shout with the race to 3 mate. Now, make a 147 Selby then let Maguire win 4 on the trot and everyone's a winner :lol

Top shout with the race to 3 mate. Now' date=' make a 147 Selby then let Maguire win 4 on the trot and everyone's a winner :lol[/quote'] Cheers mate:ok. I certainly need a massive break now but not much chance of that. I'm cheering On Fire for you mate now:hope

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan Poor from Maguire apart from the one frame that screwed my high break bet:eyes Anyway small loss tonight, now at +10.01pts for the tournament with just the mouthwatering clash between O'Sullivan & Selby left. Think that will be an epic battle, really can't wait:ok

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan Great analysis guys! New to PL but I made quite a bit of profit following your insights!:ok One of my own now: R O'sullivan (-2.5 frames) to bt M Selby, 2.1 Bwin, 2pts I think Ronnie was good against Williams where as Selby has not really played great this tournament. If the was the best of 11 frames I think this would be a good bet and as this is best of 19 it gives even more of an opportunity for the best player to come out on top. 2.1 is a fantastic price considering other bookies are as low as 1.73

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan :welcomeBar Grill and good luck mate. Onto the final and I'm going with 2. R.O'Sullivan vs M.Selby, over 16 frames, 4pts @ 10/11 Bet365 R.O'Sullivan vs M.Selby, over 12.5 50+ breaks, 5pts @ 5/6 BlueSq I really am looking forward to this final between, what I consider, the 2 best break builders in the game...and the 2 that thrive here at the Masters. A repeat of last years final and I expect it to be just as close where the Rocket prevailed 10-8. The reason for the overs is that I do expect Ronnie to win but, whatever happens, Mark Selby won't go down without a fight. Ronnie hasn't been as fluent as normal so I don't envisage him streaking away with this. If I recall, Selby has won 7 final frame deciders at the Masters so I expect it will be tight and I cannot see either player failing to get to 7 frames. Based on that, then the 50+ break bet looks a cracker. In last years final, there were 14 breaks over this rate and I hope for more of the same. In break rate stats, they finished 1 & 2 in 50+ and 100+ last season and have repeated the feat for the 100+ this season. Ronnie still lies 1st in the 50+ with Selby inside the Top 10 despite his poor start to the season. Based on these stats, we're going to need 15 or 16 frames to bring this one which I've suggested above is fully expected so I'll take the overs today.

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan On todays final, i fancy a special which is ronnie to lose the first frame and win the match which is 5/2. I think this represents good value, Ronnie started poorly against williams and roberson but came back to win. he did start well against ebdon but i think selby will win the first frame just like he did against maguire,allen,and ding. :hope

I will take one in the opening Semi. R.O'Sullivan v M.Williams - 4pts Under 1.5 Centuries @ 8/11 Paddys :( Century breaks have been harder to come by in this tournament, they say the pockets are alot harder and of course players will adjust to this but the table is also very quick and can easily lose positioning, Ronnie made just one century against Ebdon and although Williams is more than capable of making century breaks I think we'll see one or less.
M.Selby v S.Maguire - 5pts Over 9 Frames @ 11/10 365 Again a bit like Selby and Allen last night I expect this match to be pretty close, both players are playing fairly well but I think they both have more to show, I see a bit of value in Maguire at the current price but I'll choose the safer option of over 9 as I can't see either player winning this 6-3 or better.
Disappointing day for me, Thought I was going to show profit with Selby and Maguire locked at 3-3 but not be. Back to +15.34pts.

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan i'll take ronnie to win tournament! he has little bit better confidence of playing theese type of game like finals and i think he will beat Mark with confidence! anyway it's a final so could go either way ... but like i said Ronnie have little advantage of playing in finals, so in my personal opinion ronnie will take today easily! gl all :hope

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan I'm going with 3 for this final. 3pts M.Selby to beat R.O'Sullivan 15/8 Boylesports 6pts Over 16.5 Frames 10/11 Bet365 5pts Highest Break - Under 130.5 8/11 Blue Square This should be a cracking final. It's a repeat of last years final with both players playing fairly well. I'd say Ronnie's played the better this week but Selby has scrapped hard. He was excellent from 5-4 down to Mark Allen and although Maguire gave him a couple of chances from 3-3 last night, he gobbled them up well. I think Selby is playing good safety and generally in the balls he's scoring well enough. Ronnie has been excellent all week. He's been involved in the 2 best games of the week when he beat Robertson and showed all his fighting instincts in a classic with Mark Williams yesterday. Masters finals tend to be excellent affairs and more often than not they go deep into the 2nd session. I think this will be really close with neither player knowing when they are beaten. 7 of the last 11 masters finals have been 10-8 or 10-9. We've got the 10-7 on our side here too. I think Selby could edge this but I certainly don't see him not winning 7 frames. Selby is yet to hit a century this week and of the 3 Ronnie's hit, the highest has been 114 so neither player has come close to a 131 break or better. With a few nerves around and emphasis on winning frames and maybe not using as many high valued colours I don't think we'll see a 131 today so I'm happy to be on the unders there. I think Selby will win a close final which may have centuries but nothing above 130.

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan What a cracking match so far. Should have been 4 centuries on the trot but for a missed black of its spot on 83. Shame that Selby couldn't take the last frame when having a great chance but, if he gets the first frame tonight, it should turn into a classic. Really looking forward to it:ok ps, did Ronnie do the 'w*nker' hand movement off a poor positional shot in the 1st/2nd frame?:unsure

Re: Snooker: The Masters 10-17 Jan Snooker from the very top drawer so far. I've diced with death on this under 130.5 break but it's still alive at the minute, as are the other bets. Fast start from Selby tonight and it's game on. Final night of the Masters never fails to deliver and this one tonight could go all the way. I can't wait :nana.

R.O'Sullivan vs M.Selby' date= over 16 frames, 4pts @ 10/11 Bet365 R.O'Sullivan vs M.Selby, over 12.5 50+ breaks, 5pts @ 5/6 BlueSq I really am looking forward to this final between, what I consider, the 2 best break builders in the game...and the 2 that thrive here at the Masters. A repeat of last years final and I expect it to be just as close where the Rocket prevailed 10-8. The reason for the overs is that I do expect Ronnie to win but, whatever happens, Mark Selby won't go down without a fight. Ronnie hasn't been as fluent as normal so I don't envisage him streaking away with this. If I recall, Selby has won 7 final frame deciders at the Masters so I expect it will be tight and I cannot see either player failing to get to 7 frames. Based on that, then the 50+ break bet looks a cracker. In last years final, there were 14 breaks over this rate and I hope for more of the same. In break rate stats, they finished 1 & 2 in 50+ and 100+ last season and have repeated the feat for the 100+ this season. Ronnie still lies 1st in the 50+ with Selby inside the Top 10 despite his poor start to the season. Based on these stats, we're going to need 15 or 16 frames to bring this one which I've suggested above is fully expected so I'll take the overs today.
Both bets come in tonight. The over 12.5 50+ comes in pretty easily, just 14 frames in but the over 16 frames was a little closer. Currently 9-7 to Ronnie. Let's hope Selby can take this to a final frame:hope So, with 7.83pts profit today, I finish the tournament on a pleasing +17.84pts. Some great stuff in here and more snooker to get our teeth into soon with the Welsh Open qualifers this week & the tournament starting next weekend:nana