Darts: BDO World Championship 2010

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2010 Not disagreeing with the pick in any way mate, and good luck with it but one bit of info you've got wrong - Adams did lose a set to Gurney :ok. Saying that, you'd think Gurney would be better than Thompson on the evidence of the week.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2010 Martin Phillips v Scott Waites - Pick: Phillips +3.5 sets @1.67 William Hill **** They've met each other twice before with Waites prevailing both times. However in their last match Phillips had the highest Avg and did manage to win a set. Phillips is also averaging 91.41 here and Waites a mere 86.79. Although Phillips has not played anybody the class of Waites yet I think he can at least nick 2 sets off Waites judging on Waites's current form. :ok

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2010

Not disagreeing with the pick in any way mate' date=' and good luck with it but one bit of info you've got wrong - Adams did lose a set to Gurney :ok. Saying that, you'd think Gurney would be better than Thompson on the evidence of the week.[/quote']Sorry, I didn't both checking and relied on my memory! :lol I just remember the match being a bit of a let down and Adams cruising. Cheers. :ok It doesn't really change my mind but important to get facts right!

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2010 Can't decide about these handicaps tonight. I think I'd rather be on the favourite in the Adams game but if Phillips freezes Waites could do the business. Tricky to call. I'll go with one though. 3pts M.Phillips Most 180's vs S.Waites 5/2 Stan James This looks a very big price on a guy who hit twice as many 180's in his last match as what Waites has done in two matches. Even at the Grand Slam, Waites didn't hit too many 180's - just 24 in 7 matches, 4 of which were pretty long matches. He canes the 140's but he isn't a huge 180 hitter. Phillips isn't a big 180 hitter either but he is probably the bigger of the two this week. Waites is averaging a 180 every 10 legs this week while Phillips is nearer 1 in 5 legs which would make this 5/2 seem big. I do think Waites will win the game but that's more about their relative strengths on the doubles. I'll take the Welshman to hit the most 180's.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2010 M.Adams Most 180's vs G.Thompson 1.53 @ Paddypower In their secound round match Adams hit 6 maximums in 17 legs while Thompson hit 4 in 23. Taking also in consideration the difference in experience on this kind of stage I think 1.53 is good value for money. Good luck!

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2010 Phillips is 9/1 on betfair at the minute... thats big... I fancy waites to win... but 9/1 in a 2 horse race? Phillips hasn't played badly, has hit more 180's and is averaging higher... As i'm cheering for Phillips to hit more 180's (Hopefully at crucial times!)... I think i'm going to have 2pts @ 10.0 - betfair - Phillips to beat Waites. Stranger things have happened, and the odds are too good to resist... you only get odds like that (and a lot bigger!) against the likes of Taylor... Waites is good, but not that good yet!

I won't be posting anything on this site again' date=' what I thought was a friendly and welcoming forum has been spoilt by some individuals that are so pathetic that they even remark on someone's spelling. I can't be bothered rising to it and having a row so I'll just make sure I and everyone I know stays clear of here. Wish all the members who aren't obnoxious so and sos the best of luck. All I've got left to say is when chiz gets crushed next match I will just been sitting there with a wry smile knowin I told you so :)[/quote'] Yes we do remark on people's spelling and text language. The reason why is because we are the best around, and we don't want to slip into that uneducated attitude. As for attitude, yours needs some work. You're childish in the extreme and clearly have little or no knowledge about "bottle" and sports. Even if you are right, it will be like watching a 5 year old who stole a toffee apple. :eyes

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2010 Going to have a bet on the 2nd match. 6pts M.Adams vs G.Thompson - Highest Checkout Under 134.5 5/6 Sportingbet This line looks pretty high for what the bookies and to an extent I think will be a one sided match. Neither of these players have taken a 135 or above out in this tournament so far. Very few in the event have yet. On the standards of the bottom half of this draw so far we'd be very unlucky to see a 135 or above clicked out. Adams' highest checkout in his opening two matches is 121 and Thompson 108. To me it's only Martin Adams who could threaten this as he has the scoring consistency to leave the likes of 141 or 161 but leaving it is one thing, checking it out is another. Whichever way you look at it, unless it's a 135 2 trebles are going to be needed to be hit. Then of course the double. Thompson's been useless on them so far and Adams not a huge amount better. He likes leaving D16 wherever possible and it could be that he'll be far enough ahead in the legs that he doesn't go for the bull for something like a 161-170. Evidence so far suggests this line is too high and so I'll take the unders.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2010 :cow2 sets up! Come on the 180's for everyone on here :hope

Martin Phillips v Scott Waites - Pick: Phillips +3.5 sets @1.67 William Hill **** They've met each other twice before with Waites prevailing both times. However in their last match Phillips had the highest Avg and did manage to win a set. Phillips is also averaging 91.41 here and Waites a mere 86.79. Although Phillips has not played anybody the class of Waites yet I think he can at least nick 2 sets off Waites judging on Waites's current form. :ok

Phillips is 9/1 on betfair at the minute... thats big... I fancy waites to win... but 9/1 in a 2 horse race? Phillips hasn't played badly, has hit more 180's and is averaging higher... As i'm cheering for Phillips to hit more 180's (Hopefully at crucial times!)... I think i'm going to have 2pts @ 10.0 - betfair - Phillips to beat Waites. Stranger things have happened, and the odds are too good to resist... you only get odds like that (and a lot bigger!) against the likes of Taylor... Waites is good, but not that good yet!
:clap Trading 1.8 now.

Phillips is 9/1 on betfair at the minute... thats big... I fancy waites to win... but 9/1 in a 2 horse race? Phillips hasn't played badly, has hit more 180's and is averaging higher... As i'm cheering for Phillips to hit more 180's (Hopefully at crucial times!)... I think i'm going to have 2pts @ 10.0 - betfair - Phillips to beat Waites. Stranger things have happened, and the odds are too good to resist... you only get odds like that (and a lot bigger!) against the likes of Taylor... Waites is good, but not that good yet!
:clap:clap..and other as well :clap

Going to have a bet on the 2nd match. 6pts M.Adams vs G.Thompson - Highest Checkout Under 134.5 5/6 Sportingbet This line looks pretty high for what the bookies and to an extent I think will be a one sided match. Neither of these players have taken a 135 or above out in this tournament so far. Very few in the event have yet. On the standards of the bottom half of this draw so far we'd be very unlucky to see a 135 or above clicked out. Adams' highest checkout in his opening two matches is 121 and Thompson 108. To me it's only Martin Adams who could threaten this as he has the scoring consistency to leave the likes of 141 or 161 but leaving it is one thing, checking it out is another. Whichever way you look at it, unless it's a 135 2 trebles are going to be needed to be hit. Then of course the double. Thompson's been useless on them so far and Adams not a huge amount better. He likes leaving D16 wherever possible and it could be that he'll be far enough ahead in the legs that he doesn't go for the bull for something like a 161-170. Evidence so far suggests this line is too high and so I'll take the unders.
Now 8/11... Kev strikes again! Still playing with free money after Phillips duely obliged and returned an 18pt profit! So 6pts on under 135 to round the night of nicely! It isn't half opening up for Chisnall from a 'seed' perspective as well

Hope a few got on board with that one. I don't Tip often, i'm more of a follower! But that price was silly so thought i'd share it! Some Waites fans lost a bit of money me thinks!

Perry & Kev' date=' super stuff yet again:clap:clap:clap[/quote'] Cheers , at that price it picked itself!! But I'll take the praise !! Where does everyone get there stats from? Does anyone know of a live stats site for the BDO darts? I missed a few legs, putting the little 'un to bed and have no way of finding out if a 135+ checkout was hit in my absence! Would also be handy if coming in late to a game with a 180's bet on or similar? Especially with BBC's crap coverage!

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2010 Spooner i can't beleive it I'm fuking cursed. Had Martin Adams in the darts -3.5 sets he is 4-1 up and 2-0 in legs he needs 1 more and has 3 darts for the match missed then losses the set bet lost total bull sh!t he was miles up and pissing it. Unreal!:@:@:@ Then wins next set 3-0 and hits his first match winning double

Cheers , at that price it picked itself!! But I'll take the praise !! Where does everyone get there stats from? Does anyone know of a live stats site for the BDO darts? I missed a few legs, putting the little 'un to bed and have no way of finding out if a 135+ checkout was hit in my absence! Would also be handy if coming in late to a game with a 180's bet on or similar? Especially with BBC's crap coverage!
I've been searching for something like that but had no luck. The PDC had an excellent site which showed the 180s and such but there doesn't seem to be one available for the BDO. I didn't see a 135+ checkout while I was watching but did miss 3 sets so I'm not sure if this one came in yet...?

Cheers , at that price it picked itself!! But I'll take the praise !! Where does everyone get there stats from? Does anyone know of a live stats site for the BDO darts? I missed a few legs, putting the little 'un to bed and have no way of finding out if a 135+ checkout was hit in my absence! Would also be handy if coming in late to a game with a 180's bet on or similar? Especially with BBC's crap coverage!
I don't know a stats site that updates in running mate. I can tell you the highest checkout was 98 though :ok.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2010 Ta mate. The stage is clear for Perry tonight though.

That's a cracking pick mate, especially going against someone in such good nick. Deserve all the cash you made from that one :clap:clap.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2010 Fantastic pick Perry and fair play to you finding some fantastic value :clap As for wanting the amount of 180s in play you could check the Bet365 site, they always have in-play stuff running and usually have the darts on it, if you click the match it should tell you how many 180s have been so far beside the bets for amount of 180s :ok Not too sure if they do checkouts as well.