** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Haha cheers mate, thankfully I picked the right one as the other was beaten in the final 100-200 yards :ok Updated figures: Tuesday 29th December: Joncol (3rd) (-1.00) Wednesday 30th December: More The Merrier (2nd) (-1.00) Sunday 3rd January: Tarquinius (2nd) (-1.00) Senor Shane (1st @ 9/2) + 4.50 Total for 3 days + 1.50 Bets -22 Wins - 3 Places - 1 Losses - 18 P/(L) - 6.12 Still in profit which is always good and with 1 winner two 2nds and a 3rd in my last 4 picks, it seems I am going in the right direction and maybe should do more each way bets although I tend to refuse not to back anything under 4/1 or 5/1 each way and will probably stick to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Well finally this thread gets some selections :nana 14:45 Kempton Consigliere was a horse I tipped up here LTO when it won at Newbury on the 27th of November 2009. Did win fairly confortably in my opinion and was travelling very well throughout the race and responded well when asked to go and win the race. Relishes the Soft ground having won on the conditions 4 times now with his 2 others wins coming on Good To Soft and Heavy going. This will be the first time he has tackled 21 furlongs but I don't think the trip will be a problem as he has won over 17-20 furlongs. Hes only had 2 races over 20 furlongs to date which both came over 22f. Was well beaten on both occasions but one was only his 4th career race and the other was on Good going so its maybe best to ignore these runs. Scudamore takes the ride again and this is Pipe's only horse out today so this gives positive vibes for me.

1pt E/W @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:15 Kempton Le Burf finished 2nd over course and distance LTO in a similar race and should go close again. Was only beaten by 1/4 of a length by Fit To Drive who completed a hat trick that day. My selection has won over course and distance in the past off a mark of 126. His other win over the trip came at Wincanton when he hacked up by 9 lengths. Has won on Soft and Good To Soft so the ground conditions will be fine for him. Runs off a career high mark of 133 but after going close off 131 LTO I do feel he can win off this mark. 1pt win Le Burf @ 13/2 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 14:50 Ffos Las Galaxy Rock landed a gamble when hewon impressivley over course and distance LTO and a rise of 8lbs might not be enough to stop the horse following up with more improvement still expected since he has only had 12 races to date. Champion jockey A P McCoy takes the ride again and the horse should go well under him having won on the horse 3 times now. My Selection landed a hat-trick in handicap races over distances up to 2m6f to end off last season and finally got off to winning ways this season LTO. Has won twice on Good To Soft ground conditions so today's Soft going should not be a problem. 1pt win Galaxy Rock @ 7/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:00 Southwell Long Hop showed much improved form when upped to 3mile to win at Taunton in handicap company back in March. Was beaten there LTO when favourite but should be fitter for this race. Runs off the same mark today but is still lightly raced with only 8 runs to date so more progression is expected. Ground conditions will suit and the yard is finally showing some for since the jump racing has been back with 1 winner and 3 places from 7 runs. 0.5pts E/W @ 10/1 (Victor Chandler - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Not been good at all since coming back but 2 for me today: 13:40 Newcastle Wymott is an odds on favourite here but I would say he justifies that in a fairly weak race. Was a bumper winner last year and he absolutely hacked up when he was stepped up in trip LTO. Won by 11 lengths at Kelso in a Maiden Hurdle race. Was heavy going that day so clearly loves the softer ground conditions. More progression is expected. 3pts win @ 4/6 (Stan James - BOG) 14:15 Newcastle Going to take a chance on Minster Shadow here. Had a good 2008 when he won by 7 lengths over course and distance in Soft going on the 16th of January 2008 off a mark of 115. Only made 1 more appearance in that year which he won at Carlisle off a mark of 128. Only raised 4 times in 2009 but showed no sort of form whatsoever. Runs off a 5lb lower mark than his last run and now has a 5lb claimer on board as well so he is potentially well weighted since he is now technically 2lbs lower than his course and distance win and 15lbs lower than his win at Carlisle. He is 11 years old now but is worth the risk at the price he is. 0.5pts E/W Minster Shadow @ 25/1 (Stan James - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 My highest bet in either of my threads and he was 2nd :sad Don't usually bet on odds on favourites but really thought he would bolt up again. Never mind, onwards and upwards and hopefully Minster Shadow can get the thread back in profit :hope

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Saturday 16th January Consigliere (-2.00) Le Burf (-1.00) Sunday 17th January Galaxy Rock (-1.00) Tuesday 19th January Long Hop (-1.00) Wednesday 20th January Wymott (-3.00) Minster Shadow (-1.00) Minster Shadow was so close to a place @ 25/1 :( Total: (-9.00) Bets -28 Wins - 3 Places - 1 Losses - 24 P/(L) - (3.12) Not a winner since the jumps has been back including my biggest bet yet losing yesterday when he finished 2nd. Thread now showing a loss which I hope to overturn soon.

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:00 Taunton Qozak is still open to more improvement, although he already has 2 course wins to his name with one of those coming over course and distance. Has only had 11 runs to date and is 6 years old but from those 11 runs he has won 6 times and placed on 3 other occasions. Made his first appearance in handicap company LTO in a class 2 race, was a respectable 4th at Aintree over the distance off a mark of 127 which he won off in Novice company. Is 2lb higher today but drops down in class and the Softer conditions are likely to suit him more. Novikov is a big danger after his impressive display LTO in handicap company when he won by 2 lengths at Kempton. He is also only 6 and is still open to more progress as well but I feel my selection warrants more respect. 2pt win Qozak @ 5/2 (Betfred - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Dennis O'Regan and Howard Johnson were on fantastic form yesterday and are always worth watching at this time of year I feel, has a few good entries tomorrow and there is 2 I will be siding with: 13:50 Catterick I am going for Percussionist to follow up his reappearance win at Kelso LTO in this race. The race was over a furlong shorter than this one but he stayed on well to win the race by over a length. Is only raised 5lbs for the win so he is still on a reasonable mark of 123. The horse has won 8 times to date although he is yet to tackle this distance but has won over distances ranging from 11-21 furlongs. Has done the majority of his winning on ground Softer than Good so today's ground conditions won't be a problem. Stable and Jockey are in hot form with 3 winners at Newcastle yesterday from 4 runs. War Party is interesting in his handicap debut as he is still lightly raced in this spehere. Won on his 3rd start over hurdles LTO over a furlong further in similar ground conditions. Runs off a mark of 118. 1pt win Percussionist @ 7/2 (Paddy Power - BOG) 14:20 Catterick Canada Street hasn't won since the tail end of 2007 in which he has appeared in 10 races since. Has been knocking on the door lately when coming down in the handicap - 3342 in last 4 runs - and is 5lbs lower than his highest and last winning mark. Has won over the distance twice in Soft going. Thought he did well to chase home Flake LTO when he finished 2nd in Heavy going at Wetherby. Did make a blunder and wasn't very fluent afterwards so if he puts in a clear round of jumping today he must surely be in with a chance. Yard is flying as already mentioned which is another positive. Herecomestanley should be respected here. Put in a creditable effort over the distance in similar ground conditions back on Monday at Fakenham and should come close today if in the same mood again. 1pt win Canada Street @ 9/2 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:10 Ascot Going for Qozak again here today who I tipped up on here on Thursday as I feel he can easily defy the 5lb rise in the weights especially since he is still lightly raced and therefore open to more progress. Won very confortably by 10 lengths without breaking a sweat and definately looked a Grade winning horse in the making. Has his chance to prove this here today in this race which is obviously a lot tougher than the race he appeared in on Thursday. This is a slightly further trip than the race on Thursday but he has won over the distance at Taunton. Ground conditions won't be a problem and with no disrespect to Nick Schofield who I feel is a very capable jockey, it is fair to say the horse has a better jockey on board in Ruby Walsh today. 2pt win Qozak @ 3/1 (Paddy Power - BOG) 15:45 Ascot Will Be Done from the Donald McCain yard has leading claims here. The gelding is still lightly raced with only 12 runs to date, out of those he has racked up 5 wins and 3 places. Made his first start over hurdles LTO and won very easily in Novice company. Is dropped down into a Class 2 race today despite winning a Novice Grade 2 Chase at Haydock and 2nd in a similar race at Wetherby on his last 2 outings over the jumps. Only 3lbs higher than that place and 4lbs higher than the win. Has done most his winning over 20-21 furlongs so this slightly extended 21 furlongs here today will not be a problem for him, he also relishes Soft ground. I also think the jockey booking of A P McCoy is very interesting. 1.5pt win Will Be Done @ 5/1 (Paddy Power - BOG) ------------------------------------------------------------------- 15:30 Haydock According To Pete should make a bold bid in this race after a winless 2009. Coming down in the handicap to a mark of 137 which he won off over today's trip at Newcastle in December 2008. That was his 4th win a row that day in which he hacked up by 24 lengths, 3 of those wins were in Novice Chase races and 1 in a Handicap Hurdle race. Loves the Soft conditions and seems as if his best form is over 23-25 furlongs so this trip is adequate. Two fair efforts in Graded and Listed company at Cheltenham on his two outings so far this season although they were over 21 and 26 furlongs so today's trip more suited and he should strip fitter for the race. Cloudy Lane won this race last year off a 1lb higher mark and should go close in this race again here today. Has only had the 3 runs since that win in which he unseated his rider in the Grand National on his last appearance of the 08/09 season but made a good return this season with a 3rd at Kelso over 23 furlongs back in December which should prepare him well for this race. Stable is in good nick at the moment which is another plus point. 0.75pt win According To Pete @ 11/2 (VC Bet - BOG) 0.75pt win Cloudy Lane (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Thursday 21st January: Qozak + 5.00 Friday 22nd January: Percussionist (-1.00) Canada Street (-1.00) Saturday 23rd January: Qozak (-2.00) Will Be Done (-1.50) According To Pete (-0.75) Cloudy Lane (-0.75) Total -2.00 Bets -35 Wins - 4 Places - 1 Losses - 30 P/(L) - (5.12) Another poor couple of days, did finally find another winner and the thread is still in a loss situation. I do know I am better at picking out winners on the AW and Flat but there is only one way to improve and I am not too disheartened by the thread not showing a profit as there is still plenty of time to turn it around.

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 14:20 Towcester Devil's River won over course and distance off a mark of 79 back in November 2009 in Soft going. Followed up with a 2nd LTO over the distance at Huntingdon but was well beaten that day off a 6lbs higher mark. Popham who was on board for the course and distance win is back on board today and takes off a vital 5lbs to ease the weight on his back today. He seems to keep his best form for this track with three 2nds over course and distance in a row in April-May 2009, two of those were in Good To Firm and one on Good To Soft. His only other run over course and distance was his first attempt here when he finished 4th in Heavy going. He was a 28/1 shot that day so that is a creditable effort. Shoulg go well under Popham today and be thereabouts at the end. Mr Ironman should be noted as the main danger here with a win and a placed effort at the course in his last 2 runs. 1pt win Devil's River @ 6/1 (WillHill - BOG) 14:50 Towcester I like Man Of The Moment from Jim Best's yard in this race. Still lightly raced with only 8 runs to date. His only win came over this course and distance off a mark of 78. Two runs since over further haven't came to much. Runs off a mark of 87 today but Mr Joshua Moore takes off 7lbs which will definately strengthen this horses chances of winning. Shouldn't mind the Heavy going today having won in Soft conditions when winning here. A return to course and distance may just see him getting his head in front again. 1pt win Man Of The Moment @ 6/1 (Coral - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Poor day yet again, luck just isn't with me, Devil's River looked a certain winner but idled a bit in front, swerved badly right at the last fence and then was going off to the left when running up the hill after the last to lose by a length in the end. Man Of The Moment was scrubbed along around a circuit out, did run on again but had no chance with the leaders.

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:40 Musselburgh J Howard Johnson has a fantastic record at Musselburgh with an impressive 25% strike rate at the track. The fact the stable is flying at the moment furthers my selection here. Top Dressing has already won at this course back in 2007 over 2m off a mark of 106. Has only placed twice since which was at Perth over 2m5f off a mark off 110 and at this track once again over 2m5f off a mark of 114. Runs off a mark of 106 today plus Ryan Mania takes off a further 3lbs and he is a very capable jockey although he hasn't had a winner at this track. I believe the trip shouldn't be a problem since the horse has placed twice over a furlong further and ground conditions won't be a problem either. Currently trading at 11 on Betfair, could go off at a nice price of around 8/1 but I do expect it to be backed in, depending on how the trainers other runners perform before this race. 1pt win Top Dressing @ 12/1 (Bet 365 - BOG) 14:20 Huntingdon Absolute Shambles won over course and distance LTO in a novice event and he can follow that up here off just a 4lb higher mark. That race has worked out quite well as the 2nd place has placed again since in a higher class race and the 4th that day has went on to win in Handicap company off a mark of 93 and placed in Novice company up in a higher grade of race off a mark of 105. A horse that was Pulled Up in the race also went on to win a hurdle race. Has won in Good To Soft conitions so the Soft conditions expected shouldn't prove a problem. Still lightly raced with only 11 races to date so more improvement is expected. 1pt win Absolute Shambles @ SP

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Still lacking a winner in this thread so hopefully see a change of fortune's today :hope 15:40 Ffos Las Aconitum produced one of his best efforts to date over course and distance LTO when beaten by 1 1/2 lengths from Lord Crewe who he reopposes here today on 7lb better terms. Aconitum is still lightly raced with only 9 runs to date and at 5 years of age it is likely he will improve. He did also placed at Fontwell back in November over a similar distance when upped in trip for the first time so it looks like they have found his preferred trip. Should give a good account off the same mark as LTO. 1pt win Aconitum @ 8/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 14:40 Newbury Going to oppose the favourite here with two that make their handicap debuts. Firstly Alfie Spinner won by a very easy 7 lengths in a big-field Novice event LTO over 17 furlongs at Exeter in Heavy going. Still lightly raced with only 6 runs to date so he is definately capable of better. The slight step up in trip to 19 furlongs shouldn't be a problem and neither will the Soft conditions. Nick Williams has a fantastic strike rate of 25% at the track which is another plus point. City Theatre is another that I like in this race, also lightly raced with only 5 runs to date so more progression is expected. Won LTO over the distance in Soft conditions at Market Rasen in a Novice event. The 4th placed horse in that race went on to win in a Novice event NTO and also placed in Handicap company off a mark of 125, City Theatre runs off 120 today which I think is fairly lenient and a mark he can easily win off of. McCoy on board who has a 26% record at the track and was in good form yesterday at Ffos Las with 1 win and 3 places from 6 rides which included a fantastic ride on Afistfullofpebbles. 0.5pt win Alfie Spinner @ 11/2 (Bet365 - BOG) 0.5pt win City Theatre @ 7/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:40 Doncaster Going to side with two in this race as well, have tried to split the pair but just decided I will have a play on them both. Russian Flag is a consistent sort with 1 win and 2 placed efforts so far in this Jumps season. The win came over the distance at Warwick in soft going off a mark of 118 (Alex Merriam claiming 5) and has since placed off a mark of 125, again with the jockey claiming 5 who takes the ride again today. Was well beaten LTO but did well to nab 2nd place. Entitled to go well again off the same mark here today and should be thereabouts once again. De Boitron is French bred and has progressed well since coming over from France with 2 wins and 3 places in his last 5 efforts. Relishes the softer going but has also won on Good ground. Has done all his winning over 18-20 furlongs but I don't think the sharper trip today will be too much of a worry. Was a good 3rd and Punchestown back in April and most likely needed the run LTO after a 7 month absence when finishing 3rd at Market Rasen. Should come on for that run and a big run expected here today. 0.75pt win Russian Flag @ 9/2 (Paddy Power - BOG) 0.75pt win De Boitron @ 5/1 (Paddy Power - BOG) 15:30 Chepstow I am siding with course and distance winner Peut Etre Sivola who won here back in October off a mark of 104. Has also won at Fontwell since over further in Heavy conditions. The horse stays on very well and I will expect him to do so again today towards the end of the race in what could be a right slog in the mud. Has been unplaced on his last 2 efforts off higher marks but is only 4lbs higher than his win at Fontwell and Tom Scudamore is back on board again. He was in terrific form at Ffos Las yesterday with 3 winners in total for David Pipe who also trains this horse. 1pt win Peut Etre Sivola @ SP

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:40 Cheltenham I think Fair Along can defy top weight here today at a course he clearly acts on having won at the track 4 times with 1 course and distance success out of those 4 wins which came off a mark of 152. Won a Grade 2 race at Wetherby recently off a mark of 160. Seemed to do a bit too much from the front LTO at Newbury off a mark of 162 but I don't think he would have been a match for Big Bucks anyway. Diamond Harry (3rd) and Sweetheart (7th) have franked the form of that race by winning on their next appearances. Fair Along was 3rd in the renewal of this race last year off a mark of 163 so I expect a similar effort today off a mark of 162. Big Bucks won that race with odds on favourite Punchestowns in 2nd place so for him to finish 3rd was a good effort as those 2 are both great horses. Time For Rupert and Lie Forrit have progressed well and are both expected to improve. They have both already won at the course which proves they can handle the track. These are definately the main dangers for me just due to how unexposed they are with only 19 runs between the two of them. Bouggler and Mr Thriller are only 5 years of age so they could improve as well but have not won at the track or over the distance. 0.7pt win Fair Along @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG) 0.5pt win Lie Forrit @ 7/2 (Ladbrokes - BOG) 0.3pt win Time For Rupert @ 15/2 (WillHill - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:25 Doncaster Very tough race this to crack I found but I fancy Nenuphar Collonges from an in-form Alan King yard. The horse has only ran over the 3 mile trip 4 times which has resulted in 1 place and 3 wins. His first attempt at the trip resulted in a 2nd place off a mark of 122 at Leicester. He has won twice over the trip at Cheltenham in Novice hurdle races off marks of 134 and 135 and once at Uttoxeter in a Novice Chase off a mark of 127. The 2 wins at Cheltenham were Grade 1 and 2 races. His most recent win did come in a Class 3 handicap off a mark of 135 but I definately feel he still has the ability to win in a Class 1 race. Placed at the Cheltenham festival in a Grade 3 race off a mark of 142 when only three quarters of a length off the winner Wichita Lineman. Should go well here off a mark of 144 providing he puts in a clear round as he does make the odd mistake and can be quite lazy. 0.5pts each way Nenuphar Collonges @ 14/1 (Victor Chandler - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 14:05 Cheltenham Very open affair this and I will be going for two in the race at the bottom end of the weights. Private Be was a close 2nd over course and distance in behind Can't Buy Time LTO and should put in a similar effort here today off a mark just 3lbs higher. Has also finished 2nd off 1lb lower over course and distance in a Grade 2 race. His last win came off a mark of 138 so he is well handicapped off a mark of 133 which he has also won off of. Nycteos from the Paul Nicholls yard is a previous course and distance winner which is always a positive, that came in 2007 off a mark of 131 in a Grade 2 race, runs off a mark 1lb lower here so he must be in with a shout. Has also won off marks of 120 and 130 at Kepton over today's trip. Made a return in November from almost 2 years off due to an injury, has only completed 1 of 3 races since coming back but its fair to say he would need to time to bounce back and at a course and distance he has won at previously may just be what he needs. 0.5pt win Private Be @ 15/2 (Paddy Power - BOG) 0.5pt win Nycteos @ 7/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Sunday 24th January: Devil's River (-1.00) Man Of The Moment (-1.00) Wednesday 27th January: Absolute Shambles (-1.00) Top Dressing (-1.00) Thursday 28th January: Aconitum (-1.00) Friday 29th January: Alfie Spinner + 2.75 City Theatre (-0.50) Russian Flag (-0.75) De Boitron (-0.75) Saturday 30th January Nenuphar Collonges (Meeting Abandoned) Fair Along (-0.70) Lie Forrit (-0.50) Time For Rupert (-0.30) Private Be (-0.50) Nycteos (-0.50) Total (-6.75) Well I finally got a winner and along with that several places which is a bit gutting as I am knocking on the door so hopefully that will change into winners sometime soon. Bets -50 Wins - 5 Places - 1 Losses - 44 P/(L) - (11.87) I knew my flat and all weather knowledge was better than the jumps and I never really followed the jumps much apart from Cheltenham and Aintree until this past year so obviously I am not expected to have a good year but I would like to end the year as close to zero as possible and maybe even a slight profit. Might start going each way a lot more just to cover my stakes but we will just see, might have a little break from the jumps this week as I will have less time to study due to working more hourse this week.

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:40 Taunton Valentine Vic was very impressive when making all over course and distance LTO on his hurdling debut. Beat Triggerman by 6 lengths and there is definately more to come from this horse. Not much else to say apart from he is a dual-point winner and is bred to stay but has already proved himself he can handle this distance. 1pt win Valentine Vic @ SP

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 14:10 Catterick Osolomio has strong claims here having taken well to chasing with 1 win and 3 places from just 6 runs over fences. Won off a mark of 121 in Novice event in April 2009, runs off a mark of 119 today so must be in with a big chance off this mark considering he also placed over course and distance off a mark of 122. Has won over a furlong further when making all and if given an easy lead in this race, could go on to make all here. Was pulled up LTO but that can be forgiven since it was in a Cross Country Chase so his stamina would have been stretched. 0.5pts E/W Osolomio @ 11/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Another two losers for me :sad 15:25 Doncaster Kalahari King is a model of consistency having finished in the first two in his last 8 races and has not failed to make the top 4 in his last 14 races. He has won a grade 1 race off a mark of 157 and placed in Graded company on another 2 occasions off marks of 143 and 159. Drops back into handicap company here today into a class 2 race and should give a good account off top weight. Runs off a mark of 157 which he has won off before as I have already mentioned so he is definately entitled to win this race. Will love the going since 5 of his 11 wins have come on Good To Soft ground. Graham Lee is very familiar with the horse now and can definately win on him again here today. Has not run for 287 days but has won twice on a seasonal reappearance before so I have no objections as to why he can't again. This is a very wide open affair though and many are in with chances. 1pt win Kalahari King @ 12/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 16:20 Lingfield Quite a nice contest this over 2m7f and there are several in with strong claims. Fruity O'Rooney has put in a couple of sound efforts lately over 21 and 23 furlongs but is raised yet another 5lbs for not winning which is a worry but claimer does take 7 off which will ease the burden a bit. Quinte Du Chatelet is in great heart at the moment with 3 wins out his last 4 races. Raised 13lbs for his 13 length success in Heavy going at Chepstow LTO but with only 13 runs to date and at 6 years old, more improvement can be expected but I feel there are others who are better off in the weights and he may struggle to win this off top weight. Callerlily is another 6 year old in the race who has claims, won 2 of his last 4 with the other 2 being placed efforts. Is raised 8lbs for his win LTO and has only won in Novice company to date so may find this race a bit tougher. That leads me to my selection from the P Evans yard in Magnifico. My selection has 7 wins and 8 places from 38 runs over hurdles, done most of his winning over 23-25 furlongs and 3 of those 7 wins have came in Heavy going so the trip and ground is not going to pose a problem to him. Is 10lbs higher than his last win but has placed off a mark 2lbs higher so is definately one to consider here. 1pt win Magnifico @ 8/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010

Another two losers for me :sad 15:25 Doncaster Kalahari King is a model of consistency having finished in the first two in his last 8 races and has not failed to make the top 4 in his last 14 races. He has won a grade 1 race off a mark of 157 and placed in Graded company on another 2 occasions off marks of 143 and 159. Drops back into handicap company here today into a class 2 race and should give a good account off top weight. Runs off a mark of 157 which he has won off before as I have already mentioned so he is definately entitled to win this race. Will love the going since 5 of his 11 wins have come on Good To Soft ground. Graham Lee is very familiar with the horse now and can definately win on him again here today. Has not run for 287 days but has won twice on a seasonal reappearance before so I have no objections as to why he can't again. This is a very wide open affair though and many are in with chances. 1pt win Kalahari King @ 12/1 (Bet365 - BOG)
:clap