** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 13:30 Cheltenham 140th Year of The National Hunt Chase Challenge Cup Two for me in this race: Massasoit - Has some solid chase form in behind Burton Port who lines up for the Grade 1 RSA Chase later on in the meeting. Was beaten around 3 lengths on both occasions but was far from disgraced. Burton Port has since then won another Grade 2 event in Novice company off a mark of 158. My selections last run came in February in a class 2 handicap at Sandown in which he finished 3rd in behind two horses who both ran here yesterday, Monkerhostin (who won the race) ran in a race which probably did not suit him and Exmoor Ranger was brought down in his race so its hard to judge the form by that. Four mile will be a tough task but the lightly raced horse has won over distances ranging from 16-25 furlongs in his short career to date. Presenting Forever - Although he was beaten 6 lengths LTO I do feel the form of that isn't too bad considering the winner followed up with a win in a class 2 handicap off a mark of 129. He is still lightly raced having only raced 8 times to date so more progression can be expected. He hacked up on his debut over fences, winning by 52 lengths in Soft going. Has placed over hurdles in Good ground twice so the drying ground may not be a worry here. Howard Johnson stable has been in fine form lately having notched up 2 winners and a 2nd from 4 runs at Sedgefield yesterday 1pt win Massasoit @ 7/1 (WillHill - BOG) 1pt win Presenting Forever @ 16/1 (WillHill - BOG)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 14:05 Cheltenham Neptune Investment Management Novices´ Hurdle Finian's Rainbow has won 3/4 since hes gone hurdling and placed in his other effort which was his hardest race to date in a Novice Grade 1 event. Geraghty described this horse as his ride of the meeting which has to be taken note of. Has won in all different types of ground so seems pretty versatile in that sense. Is upped an extra furlong today but won easily LTO when pulling clear so the extra furlong won't be a worry. Reve De Sivola has to be respected considering he beat Finian's Rainbow off the same terms as they run off today in the Grade 1 Novice race that I mentioned. Before that race he already had won a Grade 2 race and placed in another one so he seems to be a fairly consistent sort. Not sure how he will cope with Good ground having only raced on it once on his debut which could possibly be ignored. Worth a bet at the prices anyway. 1pt win Finian's Rainbow @ 6/1 (Paddy Power - BOG) 1pt win Reve De Sivola @ 11/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:20 Cheltenham Seasons Holidays Queen Mother Champion Chase Grade 1 I tipped up Kalahari King when he won in impressive fashion at Doncaster in the Blue Square handicap chase at the start of last month. He won on Good To Soft that day but he does act very well on Good ground considering four of his wins have came on it. This horse is a model of consistency and has yet to be out the first four over fences, in fact he hasn't been outside the first two all season. The last time he wasn't was in April 2008 when he was 3rd at Ayr in a Grade 2 race. He has won 1 grade race in the past and came close to another one at the festival last year when he was just held on by Forpaddydeplasterer by a short head in the Arkle. His only other run at Cheltenham was in 2008 in the Supreme Novices Hurdle where he finished a respectable 4th in Soft going. Its fair to say his chase form is better than his hurdle form since he is higher rated over jumps and has won more races over fences (5/8 with the other 3 all resulting in 2nd places). Master Minded will take all the beating if he is in the right mood but I going to side with Kalahari King. 1pt win Kalahari King @ 9/2 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Another second today in what has not been a great day, hopefully one in the last can change my luck: 17:15 Chelteham Weatherbys Champion Bumper Al Ferof heads here on the back of two bumper wins at Fairyhouse and Newbury in softer conditions. Not sure how he will cope with good ground but at the price he is its worth a chance. Won a Grade 2 bumper at Newbury LTO in good style, stayed on very strongly to win by a good 5 lengths and he never looked like stopping that day. Ruby takes the ride again and I expect this one to run a good race. 1pt win Al Ferof @ 10/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 I really fancy the King stable to hit some form today, three of my picks are from the yard so I need to hope so anyway: 13:30 Cheltenham Awesome George is a previous course winner, he won over 17 furlongs in January 2009 in a Novices hurlde race. His overall course form reads 5125. His last effort at the course came over course and distance on his penultimate start when he finished 5/5. I thought he was running on well that day but clouted the 2nd last and faded after that, don't think he would have had a chance with the winner anyway but would definately have finished closer had he jumped that 2nd last fence better. Has sandwiched wins around that race winning at Ascot and Hereford. Won confortably at Hereford LTO, was eased down towards the line and still won by 1 and a half lengths. Ground won't be a problem having won in going ranging from Good - Soft. Charlie Huxley takes off 3lbs once again. The other one I like her is The Midnight Club from the Willie Mullins yard. His first two efforts when he went chasing at the end of last year were not the greatest but since then he has managed a 3rd and a win since the new year. I think he would prefer Softer going but he did finish 3rd at the festival last year in a Grade 1 Novices hurdle race in Good To Soft going. He was 2 and a half lengths off the winner Weapon's Amnesty who won at the meeting yesterday again. This has been his only run at the track so its fair to say he did take to it and may sneak into the places at the very least today. Townend takes the ride for the first today and this could possibly bring more out of the horse. 0.5pts E/W Awesome George @ 33/1 (Skybet) 0.5pts E/W The Midnight Club (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 14:05 Cheltenham Ballyfitz comes into the race off the back of 2 efforts chasing. His last run over hurdles was on the 5th of December 2009 at Sandown where he won a Class 2 handicap off a mark of 144. Is raised 7lbs for that but a very capable claimer in Twiston-Davies takes off 7lbs to ease that burden. The horse has some great course form, especially in 2008 when he failed to not be out the first two, winning three times and finishing 2nd twice in five efforts. He has four course wins ranging from just 24-25 furlongs so today's trip will be ideal for him. Another horse that is versatile ground wise having won in Good, Good To Soft and Soft conditions all at this course. In fact he won this race 2 years ago off a 19lb lower mark but due to his form since then, I feel he is capable of winning here again today, mainly due to his course form which you can't knock. Trenchant prepared for this race by winning a Grade 2 hurdle race at Fontwell in the mud just 18 days ago. Runs off the same mark today which could be dangerous in my opinion. Two course runs have both ended in 5th placed finishes, the latest coming in December 2009 when he was just over 6 lengths off the winner off a mark of 150. His other run came at last years festival in the Grade 1 Triumph Hurdle off a mark of 141. Thought he ran a good race that day and it was clear that he would go on to win a few good races from that form so today could be his day to add another win to his tally. 0.5pt E/W Ballyfitz @ 33/1 (VC Bet - BOG) 0.5pt E/W Trenchant @ 25/1 (VC B - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 14:40 Cheltenham Albertas Run boasts some good course form having a 50% strike rate at the track. He won the Grade 1 Royal & Sun Alliance Chase at the festival 2 years ago, was a clear and confortable winner that day off a mark of 149. Opted for the Gold Cup in last years festival where he finished a respectable 9/16, was probably a bit out of his depth in the race and this is definately more suitable for him. His other win at the track was in a Novice race. His last run was at Ascot in the Grade 1 Betfair Ascot Chase where he was 2nd. He is a solid proposition in the Graded races and will give anybody a run for there money, this could be his chance to get back in the winners enclosure at Cheltenham though. Voy Por Ustedes loves it here at Cheltenham with form of 11222. He was 2nd in this race last year when beaten 2 lengths by Imperial Commander who has since came to within a nose of beating the great Kauto Star. The horse has 8 graded wins to his name, he won two of those at this track over a shorter strip but he has won over this distance in the past so the trip won't be a worry for him. King yard is not on fire at present but at the prices the horse has to be backed due to his solid course form. 1pt win Albertas Run @ 16/1 (VC Bet - BOG) 1pt win Voy Por Ustedes@ 16/1 (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 14:40 Cheltenham Tell Massini is the one for me here. Since coming over to the UK he has won all three races in fairly easy fashion. Two of those have been at the course and one over course and distance. His first race in the UK was at Chepstow in a maiden hurdle race where he won by 17 lengths. The 2nd place Chamirey placed in a Listed hurdle race at the festival yesterday, in fact he has won 2 and placed in three times in his five runs since that race which boosts the form of the race a bit. He also beat Reve De Sivola by 8 lengths on his penultimate start. Reve De Sivola was 2nd in a grade 1 novice event at the festival on Wednesday. It seems as if he has beaten some decent sorts in these races and he has beaten them well so its fair to say he is in with great chance tomorrow. All his racing has been done in Soft going but not too sure how he will handle good ground so he will most likely welcome any rain. 2pts win Tell Massini @ 5/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 16:40 Cheltenham Pause and Clause takes a step down in class today having done most of his running in Graded and Listed company. In fact this wll be his first run in handicap company having run in Novice events and a beginners chase in his other starts. Has only had the one run at the course which came over course and distance at the festival last year when he finished 3rd in the Grade 3 Coral Cup. Judging on that form alone he should be in with a great shout in this race. Is up the top end of the weights which may be the only concern. Lord Generous is another one that I like, has won at the course although that win came in a bumper. Ran at the course over further back in December in a Grade 2 Novice hurdle where he finished 4th. Tell Massini won that race and he has been a very progressive type since comign to the UK and lines up earlier in the meeting. My selection has won twice and placed on good going so the ground will definately suit. He beat Chamirey in a class 4 Novice hurdle in his last win at Southwell. Chamirey placed in a Listed hurdle race at the meeting yesterday off a mark of 133. Lord Generous runs off a mark of 135 here but Nathan Sweeney takes off 5lbs and he is a very capable jockey so the horse should be in with a good chance if taking well to the drop back down in trip. Finally, Quentin Collonges won his first race in handicap company LTO in good fashion winning by 6 lengths at Doncaster in good ground. This was over a longer trip than today but he has won over today's trip as well so that won't be a problem for him. Has been raised 5lbs for the win LTO but due to how easily he won it may not be enough to stop him winning again here today. 1pt win Pause and Clause @ 18/1 (WillHill - BOG) 0.5pts E/W Lord Generous @ 20/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG) 0.5pts E/W Quentin Collonges @ 20/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010

14:05 Cheltenham - Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle 1pt E/W Marodima @ 33/1 (Victor Chandler) This horse doesn't meet many of the trends but trends don't totally concern me as much as others but it has met two trends which are "15 of the last 16 winners had run at least 4 times during the season" and "17 of the last 21 winners finished in the first 4 last time out (13 finished 1st or 2nd)." Tends aside I think this horse has a fantastic profile. He has won 5/17 over hurdles, that includes a further 6 places. He has also won 4/13 and placed in 4 other races over the jumps. The horse used to be with the Nicholls yard and didn't make a great start for Rebecca Curtis when he pulled up at Ffos Las back in August. He unplaced in his next 3 runs but has come to life this year, that started off in a listed race at Sandown where he was 3/3 but he was beaten by Binocular and Dee Ee Williams. Since then he has went on to win two class 3 handicaps, one of which he won in impressive fashion winning by 32 lengths. The form has not been franked on either of those occasions but I feel he is still capable of winning off a mark of 145 considering he won 2 races off 148 in the past. The horse has yet to win at Cheltenham but has only had the three runs at the track which has resulted in form of 299, all three of those were in chases though so it will be interesting to see how he copes at the track over hurdles. Aodhagen Conlon has claimed 7lbs in the horses last 3 rides and I feel his claim would definately help in this race but I will be confident the horse has place claims at the bery least no matter who is on board. I will more than likely have another play in this race once the final decs have been announced.
Think this is going to be my only bet in the race tomorrow :ok

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 17:15 Cheltenham French Opera has progressed really well since finishing 3rd in this race off a 16lb lower mark at the festival last year. Has been unbeaten in all three of his starts over fences since that, this included two class 2 handicaps over course and distance which he won without any fuss. Also won at Ascot in good going over a slightly further trip. Has been raised 7lbs for his win LTO but David Bass takes off 7lbs today and although Free World has a 5lb pull in the weights, I feel he can hold the placings here today. Tataniano has some good course form which reads 411 and also has a 100% record in Good ground winning 4/4. He has taken well to chasing having form of 112 and should enter calculations on his handicap debut. The fact Ruby Walsh has chosen Free World over this one is a slight negative but it wouldn't the first time a second-string horse from a stable has won a race. Has been used to running in much smaller fields so the bigger field is also a concern but due to his form at the course and on the ground consitions, I am willing to take a chance. Russian Flag should go well at a good price, originally I liked the look of Consigliere, especially with the Pipe yard in good form here yesterday but Russian Flag beat him at Sandown in February and races off 3lbs better terms here today due to Alex Merriam taking 3lbs off. Would maybe prefer the ground to be softer but he has placed on good ground in the past. Was 3/7 over course and distance in April 2009 so he has some course form to build on and could creep in to the placings at the very least when running on strongly at the end. 1pt win French Opera @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG) 1pt win Tataniano @ 9/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG) 0.5pts E/W Russian Flag @ 33/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG)

16:40 Cheltenham Pause and Clause takes a step down in class today having done most of his running in Graded and Listed company. In fact this wll be his first run in handicap company having run in Novice events and a beginners chase in his other starts. Has only had the one run at the course which came over course and distance at the festival last year when he finished 3rd in the Grade 3 Coral Cup. Judging on that form alone he should be in with a great shout in this race. Is up the top end of the weights which may be the only concern. Lord Generous is another one that I like, has won at the course although that win came in a bumper. Ran at the course over further back in December in a Grade 2 Novice hurdle where he finished 4th. Tell Massini won that race and he has been a very progressive type since comign to the UK and lines up earlier in the meeting. My selection has won twice and placed on good going so the ground will definately suit. He beat Chamirey in a class 4 Novice hurdle in his last win at Southwell. Chamirey placed in a Listed hurdle race at the meeting yesterday off a mark of 133. Lord Generous runs off a mark of 135 here but Nathan Sweeney takes off 5lbs and he is a very capable jockey so the horse should be in with a good chance if taking well to the drop back down in trip. Finally, Quentin Collonges won his first race in handicap company LTO in good fashion winning by 6 lengths at Doncaster in good ground. This was over a longer trip than today but he has won over today's trip as well so that won't be a problem for him. Has been raised 5lbs for the win LTO but due to how easily he won it may not be enough to stop him winning again here today. 1pt win Pause and Clause @ 18/1 (WillHill - BOG) 0.5pts E/W Lord Generous @ 20/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG) 0.5pts E/W Quentin Collonges @ 20/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG)
Get in Pause and Clause :nana:nana Lord Generous just missed out on the places and if it wasn't for Pigeon Island storming up the hill I may have had another winner in French Opera who finished 2nd.

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Cheltenham Round-Up!! Tuesday 16th March: Get Me Out Of Here (2nd) (-1.00) Fiulin (-0.50) Somersby (2nd) (-1.00) Riverside Theatre (-1.00) Nenuphar Collonges (-1.00) Character Building (-1.00) Khyber Kim (2nd) (-1.00) Go Native (-1.00) Garde Champetre (-2.00) Total: (-9.50) Wednesday 17th March Massasoit (-1.00) Presenting Forever (-1.00) Finians Rainbow (-1.00) Reve De Sivola (2nd) (-1.00) Kalahari King (3rd) (-1.00) Al Ferof (2nd) (-1.00) Total: (-6.00) Thursday 18th March Awesome George (-1.00) Midnight Club (3rd) + 2.00 Ballyfitz (-1.00) Trenchant (-1.00) Voy Por Ustedes (-1.00) Albertas Run (1st @ 14/1) + 16.00 :nana Total: + 14.00 Friday 19th March Tell Massini (-2.00) Marodima (-2.00) Pause and Clause (1st @ 14/1) + 18.00 :nana Lord Generous (4th :() (-1.00) Quentin Collonges (-1.00) French Opera (2nd) (-1.00) Tataniano (NR) 0.00 Russian Flag (-1.00) Total: + 10.00 Total profit + 8.50 :ok Bets -97 Wins - 12 Places - 2 Losses - 83 P/(L) - 18.87 Nice and healthy profit now and was just happy to be in overal profit in the festival after a horrid first two days! So many seconds could have increased the profit but as I said, I was just happy to make one at a tough festival.

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:15 Uttoxeter Decided to have a play in this Listed race since I am in the mood for studying the NH races after Cheltenham and to be honest this is a better card than I was expecting. This is a monster trip and I will side with Iris De Balme who has won at a trip just 110 yards shorter than this when he won the Grade 3 Scottish Grand National in April 2008. This has been his only run at this trip although he has won over 31 furlongs and finished 4th over 30 furlongs which was also in Graded company. The drying ground will suit and I expect the horse to be plugging on at the end since he has proven stamina at similar trips. Ballydub could be interesting if he takes to the trip, the Hobbs yard has been in good form lately and he is only 4lbs higher than his win in a Class 2 handicap at Newbury back in November 2008 but that was over hurdles. Has been close in his two latest efforts so a return to form is showing. He has only had the 5 starts over fences which have all been in Beginners and Novice races so this is quite a step up in class but at a trip which is unknown to him, he could spring a surprise. 0.5pts E/W Iris De Balme @ 25/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG) 0.5pt win Ballydub @ 10/1 (Betfred - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 Change of mind, one for today: 15:00 Plumpton Just noticed this now but Piper Royal makes his hurdling debut here today from the Nicky Henderson yard, McCoy takes the ride in which is his only ride at the meeting which is a strong positive for me as there is no way he would come for just the one ride if the horse didn't have strong claims. Only has one race to date which was in a bumper where he finished 5/14, this was 485 days ago at Ascot back in November 2008. 2pt win Piper Royal @ 6/1 (WillHill - BOG)

Change of mind, one for today: 15:00 Plumpton Just noticed this now but Piper Royal makes his hurdling debut here today from the Nicky Henderson yard, McCoy takes the ride in which is his only ride at the meeting which is a strong positive for me as there is no way he would come for just the one ride if the horse didn't have strong claims. Only has one race to date which was in a bumper where he finished 5/14, this was 485 days ago at Ascot back in November 2008. 2pt win Piper Royal @ 6/1 (WillHill - BOG)
Very disappointing :sad

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 14:40 Haydock Akarshan from the in-form Evan Williams yard has made a good start to the year having won 2 races from 3. Is now 12lbs higher than his win at Market Rasen and today is up 7lbs in the weights for his win LTO at Towcester a week past Monday where he won with some ease in this grade. I think the 7lbs may not be enough to stop him again today. Has placed once going at Uttoxeter which is a left-handed track but since then has form of 7F0 going left-handed so that may be the only negative for this horse today and I will take my chance that he can put that past him today and record another win. 1pt win Akarshan @ 5/2 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 16:25 Haydock Said I wasn't going to have a play in this race but kept going back to it and have now decided to have a play on two. A few in the race have some good form going left-handed, firstly Son Of Flicka has a 25% strike rate going left handed and has only finished out the first 3 on one occasion going left-handed and that was when he fell when chasing. His form going left-handed reads 122212f3. If you change that into his runs on Soft ground the form reads 11. Has only had the two runs in handicap company, was back over hurdles LTO where he finished 3rd off a mark 1lb lower. Was well beaten that day but with the softer conditions today I feel he will have stronger claims. He is definately better over hurdles having 10 runs with 2 wins and 6 places. Soft Spoken Guy is still lightly raced with only 10 races to date. His form going left-handed reads 24152 and this is will be his first race in handicap company. Was 2nd LTO in soft going at Kelso in a Grade 2 novice event. Was well beaten that day but was a clear 2nd by 6 lengths. His 2 wins have come in Yearling/Soft and Good To Soft and 2 of his places have also been on Soft going so he could be in contention in soft going here today. 0.75pt win Son Of Flicka @ 8/1 (VC Bet - BOG) 0.75pt win Soft Spoken Guy @ 11/1 (Stan James - BOG) 0.25pt reverse forecast

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:50 Ayr Yankee Holiday has been raised 5lbs for his win at the course LTO over a shorter trip of 1 furlong. He trailblazed the field that day and won by over 4 lengths whilst still staying on so the extra furlong today should not pose much of a problem. I think he can do the same again here today if he adopts the same style of running. He may have a bit of competition up front this time with two others in the race who have tended to take up the running in previous races but they have also switched tactics from time to time so he may get an easy lead. Paul Gallagher won on him LTO and he takes off 7lbs once again to lighten the load. Panthers Run may be interesting having had his first run in around 4 and a half months just 14 days ago, that run may have been used to blow any cobwebs away and he has the beating of my selection in October 2009, there is only a 1lb reverse in the weights today so he could have a good chance in this race at a nice price. Snowy is a course winner that could also go well at a nice price but I will be siding with Yankee Holiday to lead all the way once again. 1pt win Yankee Holiday @ 4/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 16:55 Ayr The ground at Ayr is now confirmed as Soft and Duke Of Malfi will welcome the softer conditions here after it seemed as if it was going to be good, good to soft in places for most of the day although Maguire did say after the first race that his opinion was that the ground was Soft. He has had a good season notching up 2 wins and a 3rd from 3 races. His first win coming at Hexham over 17 furlongs and then he won over course distance here on the 2nd of December where he ran out a clear winner off a mark of 90. Ran off a mark of 96 LTO but seemed as if he needed the run after a three-month absence as he finished 3rd of 8 at Kelso over 17 furlongs. That race should strip him fitter for this and he will welcome the slight drop in trip back down to 2m. 2pt win Duke Of Malfi @ 7/4 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 14:55 Newbury Siding with the lightly raced Harouet here from the Paul Nicholls yard. The horse has 1 win and 2 places from 6 runs over hurdles but faces a step up in trip today and a drop down in class which could be key to the horses success here in this race. The pairing of Nicholls and Walsh already have a winner on board at the meeting and this will be Ruby's first time on board this horse which could see a change in fortune also. 1pt each way Harouet @ 8/1 (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 16:00 Towcester The two top weights interest me here at very nice prices but with the King stable not in particularly good form I will be avoiding Little George. This leaves me with C'Monthehammers who returns to hurdles here today after unseating over fences LTO. His last run over hurdles was back in May 2009 where he was 8/12 off a mark of 122. Gets in off 120 here which is only 6lbs higher than his 5 length victory in this grade at Perth in April 2009. Scots Dragoon (115) was back in 3rd that day and has went on to win twice and place 3 times off marks ranging from 112-123. My selection is still lightly raced with only 8 runs to date so in my opinion, more improvement can be expected, stable is in form and sends just the one runner here and Paddy Brennan gets on board for his only ride of the day. 0.5pts Each Way C'Monthehammers @ 20/1 (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 14:10 Market Rasen Gwyre should have a great chance in this off such a low weight having won her first race in a Novices Mare event on her first try at 2m4f at Sedgefield LTO. She is upped in trip by an extra furlong today which doesn't worry me as she is still unexposed over this sort of trip having done most of her running over 2m-2m1f. Has placed 3 times on Soft going so the ground conditions should not be a problem. Trainer is also in good form having had a few winners in the last couple of weeks. 1pt win Gwyre @ 13/2 (WillHill - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 15:30 Fontwell Royal Kicks holds strong claims here having won at Newton Abbot LTO. That was in heavy going over 22 furlongs and today its over 20 furlongs (which he has won over before) in heavy going so the ground and trip isn't a worry. Has been raised 7lbs for the aforementioned win but I feel he can overcome that since he won in pretty good fashion at Newton Abbot. Jockey takes off 3lbs once again and is in great form with a 25% strike rate for the past 14 days. Trainer form is hot as well with 4 runs in the last 14 days, the form reads 2132 with this horse being the winner and 3 places running at odds of 11/1, 16/1 and 20/1. 1pt win Royal Kicks @ 5/2 (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: Simmy's NH selections 2009/2010 16:00 Ludlow The Snail returns here looking for a fourth course and distance success having won 3 from 3 since going chasing over this course and distance. His two other efforts chasing were both unplaced efforts but they were his first two runs over the jumps where his form read F7 so he can be excused of those 2 runs due to his form since then over both hurdles and jumps. Since finishing 7th in that race he has won 6/7 and on the other occasion finished 3rd and I really can't see another 7lb hike in the weights stopping him, especially since he has won twice in Soft going here already and he won very cosily LTO winning by 7 lengths (that was also over CD). Evan Williams has been on good form this year and The Snail looks set to give him another winner. 1pt win @ 3/1 (Skybet) 1pt win @ 11/4 (VC Bet - BOG) Backing him on VC as well in case of a drift which I think is unlikely but Stewart just pointed out to me that the horse is trading at around 3.8 on the exchanges so the 3/1 and 11/4 is very reasonable!